Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,473 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:47 PM

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? - Travel Ads (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? (197054 Views)

Buy Goods From Dubai And Have Them Delivered To You In Nigeria / What Is The Best Shipping Option From USA To Naija? / Import Honey And Other Goods From Nigeria To Atlanta,ga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by euwajeh(m): 10:45am On Oct 17, 2014
SHIPPYME IS NOT AS BAD AS YOU PAINT THEM.
manmidtexy:

@ Mrkuvu --- the worst shipping cargo i have ever seen is CIRCUIT ATLANTIC co-named shippyme.. THEY WILL SCAM you by claiming what they are not. more importantly is , I HAVE EVERY EVIDENCE IN PAPER WITH ME , I CAN SCAN AND POST IT HERE.

THEY USE DIMENSIONAL WEIGHT CALCULATION NOT GRAVITATIONAL WEIGHT CALCULATION TO OVER CHARGE BY PRICING.

YOUR CARGO WILL COME IN BITS, THEY WILL WASTE YOUR ENERGY, MONEY. MY CARGO HAD USED MORE THAN 3 MONTHS BEFORE IT ARRIVE.

THEIR WEBSITE STUFFS IS JUST TO FOOL NEW OR PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS. THEY CANNOT MANIFEST WHAT THEY CLAIM.

THEY STILL OWE ME ITEMS THAT HAD NOT BEEN DELIVERED TO ME AND I PAID THEM FULLY BUT COLLINS AMANZE IN CHARGE AND OTHERS WONT ACT OR REFUND A LOT OF CUSTOMERS THEY HAD DUPED BY THEIR RECKLESSLY UNPROFESSIONAL INEXPERIENCE SERVICES.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 17, 2014
manmidtexy:

@ Mrkuvu --- the worst shipping cargo i have ever seen is CIRCUIT ATLANTIC co-named shippyme.. THEY WILL SCAM you by claiming what they are not. more importantly is , I HAVE EVERY EVIDENCE IN PAPER WITH ME , I CAN SCAN AND POST IT HERE.

THEY USE DIMENSIONAL WEIGHT CALCULATION NOT GRAVITATIONAL WEIGHT CALCULATION TO OVER CHARGE BY PRICING.

YOUR CARGO WILL COME IN BITS, THEY WILL WASTE YOUR ENERGY, MONEY. MY CARGO HAD USED MORE THAN 3 MONTHS BEFORE IT ARRIVE.

THEIR WEBSITE STUFFS IS JUST TO FOOL NEW OR PROSPECTIVE CUSTOMERS. THEY CANNOT MANIFEST WHAT THEY CLAIM.

THEY STILL OWE ME ITEMS THAT HAD NOT BEEN DELIVERED TO ME AND I PAID THEM FULLY BUT COLLINS AMANZE IN CHARGE AND OTHERS WONT ACT OR REFUND A LOT OF CUSTOMERS THEY HAD DUPED BY THEIR RECKLESSLY UNPROFESSIONAL INEXPERIENCE SERVICES.

Its good u posted your experience here .....its up to them to innovate or die ....
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Oct 17, 2014
euwajeh:
SHIPPYME IS NOT AS BAD AS YOU PAINT THEM. I HAVE BEEN USING THEM FOR MORE THAN A YEAR . EVEN DHL , FEDEX AND UPS HAVE THEIR OWN PROBLEM COME TO THIS FORUM TO PAINT THEM BAD IS UNFAIR . IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES WITH THEM PROVIDE YOUR BOOKING NUMBER OR ORDER NUMBER ON THERE CUSTOMER CARE THREAD .

Shippyme Is IT focused ,they'll definitely get to see that post someday, they have social media platforms that work..that's a plus to them ,cos they"ll try to launder image by appeasing manmidtexy.. Speciut is another firm that takes their internet presence serious.Same goes for AirLagos

Well yea they all have problems,Shippyme being the most advertised US to Nigeria courier solution on nairaland draws a lot of attention to them, when I saw all the ads I expect them to be very good at what they do..I expected them to change the game by giving out great services and in doing so sweep the courier market ,and make their competitors buckle up...but I have seen a lot of negative comments abt them here, I haven't used them before so I can't say anything..
I'm not writing them off yet they still gat room to improve..
I even got a Disclaimer email from shippyme abt one of their staff that steals peoples items,they say he's being prosecuted at the moment.

All these cargo/courier firms all have their own share of dissappointing customers...
I still use impex though, I got bitten the 2nd time I used em ,just did my 5th shipping with them last month..
When I got bitten it was like the end of the world,I was running my lil business with borrowed funds and ....them wan send me go village, So when u see someone complain,there are two possibilities either they got really pained by losing their stuff or its a competitor tryna tarnish their image ....they advertise on this forum ,so they should come clear the air

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by manmidtexy(m): 9:40am On Oct 22, 2014
Mrkuvuki:

Shippyme Is IT focused ,they'll definitely get to see that post someday, they have social media platforms that work..that's a plus to them ,cos they"ll try to launder image by appeasing manmidtexy.. Speciut is another firm that takes their internet presence serious.Same goes for AirLagos

Well yea they all have problems,Shippyme being the most advertised US to Nigeria courier solution on nairaland draws a lot of attention to them, when I saw all the ads I expect them to be very good at what they do..I expected them to change the game by giving out great services and in doing so sweep the courier market ,and make their competitors buckle up...but I have seen a lot of negative comments abt them here, I haven't used them before so I can't say anything..
I'm not writing them off yet they still gat room to improve..
I even got a Disclaimer email from shippyme abt one of their staff that steals peoples items,they say he's being prosecuted at the moment.

All these cargo/courier firms all have their own share of dissappointing customers...
I still use impex though, I got bitten the 2nd time I used em ,just did my 5th shipping with them last month..
When I got bitten it was like the end of the world,I was running my lil business with borrowed funds and ....them wan send me go village, So when u see someone complain,there are two possibilities either they got really pained by losing their stuff or its a competitor tryna tarnish their image ....they advertise on this forum ,so they should come clear the air

@ euwajeh: You work for shippyme ? i can upload facts and figures i have against them..that does not mean i hate..I just order from a store in the USA and they have a glitch in their system for shipping sake..i file a refund and they did immediately did so with the help of the MANAGER that stepped into the matter immediately..can our Nigeria pple do that, NO..they will still have their so called right words;;YOU ARE DEALING WITH A COMPANY not an Individual.. MY PROPERTY IS STILL SHIPPYME AS AM WRITING HERE and they will never get back..how can i go back to such dubious and mouth gain-saying SHOP called COMPANY or refer pple to the,..THEN I AM HYPOCRITE FOR DOING SUCH THING.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by euwajeh(m): 11:43am On Oct 22, 2014
@ manmidtexy sorry to hear that . Please channel your complains to their customer care thread and state the problem, Someone will attend to it. I am an importer who use shippyme services.
manmidtexy:

@ euwajeh: You work for shippyme ? i can upload facts and figures i have against them..that does not mean i hate..I just order from a store in the USA and they have a glitch in their system for shipping sake..i file a refund and they did immediately did so with the help of the MANAGER that stepped into the matter immediately..can our Nigeria pple do that, NO..they will still have their so called right words;;YOU ARE DEALING WITH A COMPANY not an Individual.. MY PROPERTY IS STILL SHIPPYME AS AM WRITING HERE and they will never get back..how can i go back to such dubious and mouth gain-saying SHOP called COMPANY or refer pple to the,..THEN I AM HYPOCRITE FOR DOING SUCH THING.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by tzawk: 4:58pm On Oct 22, 2014
This is the worst Shipping company ever.....Not doing business with them again and their stupid agent Karl in the US
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by drakeskull(m): 8:40am On Nov 20, 2014
euwajeh:
SHIPPYME IS NOT AS BAD AS YOU PAINT THEM.

This svcker called euwajeh is a b**tch. He once had ish with Shippyme as regards his items. this same coy bought his a** over and gave him offer of employment. Check his posts, you would notice he has edited almost all his negative posts about the coy, all u see in his posts is numbers e.g 1, 11 etc. Don't fall for his trick, he's their new staff.

3 Likes

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 21, 2014
Let's be civil please ....if you have facts ,figures bare them all ,I feel your pain ,parting with hard earned Kobo if painful ,but it doesn't warrant name calling et al .....my 2Kobo
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Lacomb(m): 8:39am On Dec 12, 2014
[quote author=manmidtexy post=27132357]Use BEST4SHIPPING INC. it is $50 FLAT RATE for package weight between 1 - 10KG, they ship out every TUESDAYS . but the exact transit and delivery time is 2 weeks EXACTLY. they will consolidate your package and all your package will be intact. I had used them many times. but you will receive your package via their clearing agent in Nigeria called CEDAR TREASURES LIMITED and will notify you by TEXT or SMS as your package is ready for PICKUP. You can pay to them in Nigeria when your package arrives or in USA, but i advise you to pay in Nigeria.

Always email best4shipping if you are consolidating many packages that will arrive in different times and also notify when to ship your package(s) so as to nullify delay.

I hope this helps. All their info is below.

When you are shipping directly to them from a store like bestbuy.com or via a person known to you, kindly use but email SEUN in NEW YORK first .

I attached A sample of my drop off package by my cousin in NEW YORK to SEUN.

YOUR NAME C/O BEST4SHIPPING
144-26 156TH STREET
JAMAICA NY,
718-341-0050
Lara362@aol.com
Best4shipping1@aol.com
$3.60 per pound

[/quot

I tried this company and my items had been hanging somewhere they could not mention, even after 3 weeks they keep telling me there is a problem somewhere in Europe and their agent in Nigeria Cedar Treasures (Femi) wont even take my calls.

I wonder why a freight would take more than 3 weeks between the US and Nigeria, first it was the issue Nahco had with the agents they were using as excuse, now its that the plane is somewhere in Europe for more than a week now.

AND THEY DO NOT CARGE FLAT RATE FOR 1-10KG AS CLAIMED.

DO NOT USE THIS BEST4SHIPPING PLEASE IF YOU DONT WANT TO END UP WITH A HIGH BP!!! they are not reliable to say the least.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by zainabubu(f): 4:58pm On Dec 15, 2014
Just to help you not freak out too much, I had a similar experience a couple of months ago with a shipment stuck midway from US, in Turkey. The courier company did not know what happened initially, but the airline finally informed them that it was due to customs backup of shipments. The constant strike and inefficiency causes a lot of issues that makes hard working companies seem inefficient.
My goods luckily arrived 2 weeks before customs went on strike and it took them 2 extra weeks before it got released...the friday before they went on strike! It is difficult to be patient when your money is involved, but I just wanted to give you a perspective. Luckily customs recently called off its strike, with huge backlog of shipments, so that could be the reason for your issues. Pele.
[quote author=Lacomb post=28809199][/quote]

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Lacomb(m): 3:33pm On Dec 17, 2014
zainabubu:
Just to help you not freak out too much, I had a similar experience a couple of months ago with a shipment stuck midway from US, in Turkey. The courier company did not know what happened initially, but the airline finally informed them that it was due to customs backup of shipments. The constant strike and inefficiency causes a lot of issues that makes hard working companies seem inefficient.
My goods luckily arrived 2 weeks before customs went on strike and it took them 2 extra weeks before it got released...the friday before they went on strike! It is difficult to be patient when your money is involved, but I just wanted to give you a perspective. Luckily customs recently called off its strike, with huge backlog of shipments, so that could be the reason for your issues. Pele.

Thank you jare
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Jan 04, 2015
SATUND INTERNATIONAL LOGISTICS we are expert custom licensed clearing and forwarding agent in Nigeria.
Our objective is to ensure that our esteem customer relax at the corner of their home and offices while our trained and
qualified staff take all the responsibility and ensure your cargos/shipments are safe without broken, stole or damage
To ensure you of our safety and excellent service we offer payment after delivery.
Satund International Logistics
25,Anlca Secretariat,
Muritala Muhammed Airport,
Ikeja,Lgos.
Nigeria.
Tel_+2348173619366,
Whatsapp_+2349032490147
E-mail:mrcdorv@gmail.com
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by dynamitee: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2015
I try not to bad mouth companies trying to make a living, but I feel compelled to post this so that others would learn from my experience. I learnt about VHI cargo (otherwise called Value Handlers International or Value Handlers Limited) on nairaland.

I placed two orders on November 30th (one from amazon and the other from a clothing store in the US).

The item i ordered from amazon ended up being returned to the seller due to address issue. When I explained this to VHI, they said I did not put the address well, even though i used the same address for both items. Luckily, amazon refunded me my money.

The other package (clothing items) which I ordered on the 30th of November, got delivered to their mailbox in Jamaica, New york on the 9th of December (According to the USPS Tracking number sent to me by the store). I stupidly believed their 7 to 10 days delivery policy, expecting that my clothes will be with me before Christmas.

Na lie. As I dey type this message, my goods are still not with me. On the 23rd of December 2014, I called one of their numbers. She said my goods were already in lagos but will not be cleared until after Christmas. She said I will get a mail when that happens telling me what my bill is and where to come and pick up my stuff.

Today is 6th of January, 4 weeks and 28 days after my goods got to their warehouse in the US. I am still waiting for mail ooo. I just called them again before submitting this post, and they said I should text my email address to them and they will check tomorrow because they have closed now. Either way, I am already very dissatisfied with their services.

I no know whether I don enter one chance. Infact, a part of me is telling me that they are deliberately delaying so that dollar will continue to go up and they can charge me more to pick up my goods. I just dey wait.

PS: Before anybody asks, I filled their inbound cargo form the same day both items were shipped, I included details of the tracking number, the price of the items, etc. I filled that form religiously. After submitting the form, I scanned both my drivers license and my voter's card from 2011 elections and sent to usatonigenquiries@gmail.com as directed. When addressing both packages, I made sure to put VHI behind my name. I followed the procedure exactly as i was told by their customer service (I confirmed the procedure and charges from them before even placing my orders), so if I am facing these challenges, I wonder what would happen if I had mistakenly not done everything as they directed.

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by PerfumeRepublik: 9:39pm On Jan 06, 2015
dynamitee:
I try not to bad mouth companies trying to make a living, but I feel compelled to post this so that others would learn from my experience. I learnt about VHI cargo (otherwise called Value Handlers International or Value Handlers Limited) on nairaland.

I placed two orders on November 30th (one from amazon and the other from a clothing store in the US).

The item i ordered from amazon ended up being returned to the seller due to address issue. When I explained this to VHI, they said I did not put the address well, even though i used the same address for both items. Luckily, amazon refunded me my money.

The other package (clothing items) which I ordered on the 30th of November, got delivered to their mailbox in Jamaica, New york on the 9th of December (According to the USPS Tracking number sent to me by the store). I stupidly believed their 7 to 10 days delivery policy, expecting that my clothes will be with me before Christmas.

Na lie. As I dey type this message, my goods are still not with me. On the 23rd of December 2014, I called one of their numbers. She said my goods were already in lagos but will not be cleared until after Christmas. She said I will get a mail when that happens telling me what my bill is and where to come and pick up my stuff.

Today is 6th of January, 4 weeks and 28 days after my goods got to their warehouse in the US. I am still waiting for mail ooo. I just called them again before submitting this post, and they said I should text my email address to them and they will check tomorrow because they have closed now. Either way, I am already very dissatisfied with their services.

I no know whether I don enter one chance. Infact, a part of me is telling me that they are deliberately delaying so that dollar will continue to go up and they can charge me more to pick up my goods. I just dey wait.

PS: Before anybody asks, I filled their inbound cargo form the same day both items were shipped, I included details of the tracking number, the price of the items, etc. I filled that form religiously. After submitting the form, I scanned both my drivers license and my voter's card from 2011 elections and sent to usatonigenquiries@gmail.com as directed. When addressing both packages, I made sure to put VHI behind my name. I followed the procedure exactly as i was told by their customer service (I confirmed the procedure and charges from them before even placing my orders), so if I am facing these challenges, I wonder what would happen if I had mistakenly not done everything as they directed.

NB:I'm not a rep to the VHS/ VHI or whatever their name is..
A lot happened during this last quarter of 2014, Nahco(the folks that handle cargo at lagos airport) were on some strike, while they were at it air cargo sent to LAGOS kept on piling up. They even had to put a stop to incoming cargo flights, to enable them clear all that came in during their strike. The halt on cargo flights was lifted either yesterday or so.
I think your courier people are not being straight with you or either the person you are speaking to is a novice who doesn't know what he/she is into.
I was supposed to air freight stuff that period but immediately I noticed what was happening I had to chill to avoid stories that touch. All these I said are assumptions though.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Graham123: 5:21pm On Jan 07, 2015
which ones can you guys recommend? at least from your experiences dealing with them. I need one ASAP.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by justi4jesu(f): 6:17am On Jan 09, 2015
So many companies have their ups and downs, so maybe they are experiencing some issues at the moment.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by jidedairo: 10:48am On Jan 09, 2015
please how can i go to cameroon by air and what flight from nigeria?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by PerfumeRepublik: 12:49pm On Jan 09, 2015
jidedairo:

You are lost,this is not the thread for this ...use www.google.com/ call arik/ or find a way to contact CamAir .
Also try this link,I hope this helps
http://www.camair-co.cm/index.php?L=1

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by justi4jesu(f): 6:44pm On Jan 09, 2015
jidedairo:

Search the travel section for info.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by dynamitee: 7:19pm On Jan 09, 2015
Since i wrote a review on VHI, I will update you guys.

I finally got through to someone who said that they had sent me a mail on 5th of January at 11PM. I found the mail as they said, in my SPAM folder.

They also charged me an extra 20 dollars which they did not mention when they initially gave me a quote. When I called and asked why, they directed me to a very tiny tiny print at the very bottom of the price quote (after the quote and the name of the sender and the signature, at the very very bottom of the email) sent to me that said
"Destination Charges: This does not include custom duty if cargo is considered as dutiable item by Nigeria custom service."

This, they said, was the justification for the extra 10% charge on the cost of my cargo. They also said I had to pay the invoice before my goods would be cleared from customs, another detail that was not in the initial email sent to me; and which was also contradictory to what I had been told before by another customer rep.

I paid the bill at 4:35pm this evening, i'll update here whatever happens.

Meanwhile, I ordered another item from amazon, through mall for africa. Check below.

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by dynamitee: 7:59pm On Jan 09, 2015
I ordered stuff through mall for africa, and I will most definitely do it again.

I was initially going to go with micostarmall (after the positive reviews on Linda Ikeji and Bella naija).

But then a colleague of mine said she ordered through MFA and it was cool.

I ordered one item (17 dollars) and I got a total invoice of 25 dollars. I placed my order on the 29th of December, 2014.

I logged into my yahoomail at work this morning to see two emails from MFA. the first (sent yesterday evening) said that my item had been shipped out of their US warehouse, the second (early this morning) said that my item was ready for collection at their mallboxes in ajose adeogun, VI.

I shouted "are you serious" before I remembered that my manager was behind me.

Now dont get me wrong, we have a long way to go before I can recommend MFA as the holy grail or something, but maybe in light of my recent disappointments in ordering and shipping things from the US, I was impressed. Their site says items get delivered in 2-3weeks, so i was not expecting to have my stuff in 10days.
They sent me mails at every step... when my order was placed, when the item was received, etc. And when I went to pick up my stuff, they were really professional. I called them before going and I had to present a government issued ID card as well as the order number. I spent roughly 10 minutes in there (likely less, I was not timing)

The one thing I will say though, their rates are not cheap at all.You place your order through their app, which means you have to pay the full invoice (price of the item + their charge) before the order is even made for you. This means you can see the total you are paying, you know that is all you are going to pay (no hidden or sudden charges) and you can choose whether it is convenient for you or not and decide to pay or not.

I have tried ordering two more items and I have stopped because of the shipping charges (its seems the higher the price of the item, the more the charge, regardless of the size or weight of the item).

If however, you don't mind paying the fees, based on this one experience I have had, I will certainly recommend them; especially if you are ordering small amounts of items from amazon, ebay, macy's, etc. They have a list of partner stores on their site and on the app.

For larger items (like my box of clothes) though, I am still looking for a worthy shipping agent.

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by redcliff: 3:35pm On Jan 12, 2015
dynamitee:
I ordered stuff through mall for africa, and I will most definitely do it again.

I was initially going to go with micostarmall (after the positive reviews on Linda Ikeji and Bella naija).

But then a colleague of mine said she ordered through MFA and it was cool.

I ordered one item (17 dollars) and I got a total invoice of 25 dollars. I placed my order on the 29th of December, 2014.

I logged into my yahoomail at work this morning to see two emails from MFA. the first (sent yesterday evening) said that my item had been shipped out of their US warehouse, the second (early this morning) said that my item was ready for collection at their mallboxes in ajose adeogun, VI.

I shouted "are you serious" before I remembered that my manager was behind me.

Now dont get me wrong, we have a long way to go before I can recommend MFA as the holy grail or something, but maybe in light of my recent disappointments in ordering and shipping things from the US, I was impressed. Their site says items get delivered in 2-3weeks, so i was not expecting to have my stuff in 10days.
They sent me mails at every step... when my order was placed, when the item was received, etc. And when I went to pick up my stuff, they were really professional. I called them before going and I had to present a government issued ID card as well as the order number. I spent roughly 10 minutes in there (likely less, I was not timing)

The one thing I will say though, their rates are not cheap at all.You place your order through their app, which means you have to pay the full invoice (price of the item + their charge) before the order is even made for you. This means you can see the total you are paying, you know that is all you are going to pay (no hidden or sudden charges) and you can choose whether it is convenient for you or not and decide to pay or not.

I have tried ordering two more items and I have stopped because of the shipping charges (its seems the higher the price of the item, the more the charge, regardless of the size or weight of the item).

If however, you don't mind paying the fees, based on this one experience I have had, I will certainly recommend them; especially if you are ordering small amounts of items from amazon, ebay, macy's, etc. They have a list of partner stores on their site and on the app.

For larger items (like my box of clothes) though, I am still looking for a worthy shipping agent.

Whats their contact details please and can i just send my items to them rather than buying with them?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by ibizgirl(f): 6:56pm On Jan 13, 2015
If you live in Lagos Nigeria and wish to get a mall for africa webcard, call me on this number 08020947894. Take advantage of the constant deals and promotions available to webcard holders.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by osewa8(f): 4:31am On Jan 17, 2015
I use https://expressfromus.com - there is no sales tax and shipping cost is really affordable.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Shofas: 2:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Hi all anyone with the contact no of best4sgipping1 who tells people to pick up in no 14a aina Muhammad street ,Ajao estate,iav an item which Iam yet to get any phone call and I will like to make a call to them b4 going all the way to ajao estate for an item which Iam not sure is even there yet after over 3weeks
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by dynamitee: 10:54am On Feb 01, 2015
I'm not sure, but I don't think so. I placed two more orders last week Wednesday and I got a mail on Saturday saying they have left their UK warehouse and will arrive in logos next week. But I have only placed orders through their app. I know they say you can email or call their customer care if you have specific requests or you want to buy things from a store that is not on their app, they will assess and send you a quote. Maybe you should try that. You can get the customer service number and email on their website. (
redcliff:

Whats their contact details please and can i just send my items to them rather than buying with them?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Saintsquare(m): 5:10pm On Feb 12, 2015
is there any reliable courier service that i can use to receive parcel from Ireland? thanks
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Alexissays: 10:36am On Apr 06, 2015
Xpedited shipping is a scam. .....please save yourself the trouble, dont even think about them twice..

I was so broke last year when i was leaving the US, when i came across XPEDITED SHIPPING. $50/BOX via ocean shipping seemed like a good deal.

I shipped my goods 01/01/15. today, 3 months later i still haven't got a decent answer my goods. Every day i call, 80% of the time- calls go unanswered, and when they pick up they give me a new date.

Please do yourself a favor, pay more else were, this people would only cause you heart aches... everything i saved to buy...well am having faith and hoping on GOD that these evil men would bring me my box..

xpedited shipping please if your reading this, am begging you, where is my box? Please i worked real hard to buy all that stuff, please bring me my box

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Ginger81(f): 2:43pm On May 02, 2015
I get very angry when I see people giving Luxury shipping good reviews. I have used luxury shipping, shippyme aka circuit atlantic, mall4africa and USPS/NIPOST and only the later got 10/110.

Luxury shipping. That girl called Nadya will try your patience very seriously. Their shipping prices are outrageous she got me to pay $200 for something she called CTN charged me over $750 dollars in all for a shipment BY SEA of 160 lbm. I was charged $300 + by shippyme for that same weight. Then there is the criminal company that handles their shipments from Apapa after I got tired of sending them emails to ask if the shipment had not arrived, they sent Nadya a mail she forwarded that it was me they was waiting. When I went there they told me I owed 50,000 naira as demurrage and I had to get an agent to clear my goods. The agent told me I need 140,000 naira to clear the goods. I asked him how that was possible. I had shipped only books but the criminals had listed it as household items. A customs guy had to go in and check the boxes and said yes it was only books but it was reading household goods on that paper for shipping. They said they could do 120,000. I shook my head turned and went home. So I lost the money I used to buy the books the money I paid for the shipping and the bullshit I went through in madam Nadya's hands. Shipment lost. Would I ship with them again? NEVER! I wouldn't ask my enemy to.

ShippyMe. My first shipment went ok. I went to their website which is very good. Got the total estimate for my shipment registered and got my US address. Shipped books. 160 lbms at $300 plus they arrived I walked in signed and collected. Next shipment delayed but I still got it. Third shipment of August 2014 as of today May 2nd 2015 yet to be received but that is not the annoying part. The annoying part is I made another shipment in December 2014 and some idiot added the August (Which I already paid for) one to it and they want me to pay for it. While I am battling to correct this they are busy charging me demurrage. Would I ship with them again? Very likely. But I won't send items from different buyers to them anymore. One item at a time is all they can handle without drama.

Mall4Africa. Shipped with them twice. Their biggest disadvantage is the limited shops you can't buy from also their exchange rate is ridiculous. 220 to the $ today. But they are cheap and they are fast. However I ordered a printer and its papers almost a month ago. The papers arrived till today I am yet to see the printer I keep hearing cargo stories. I made another order and that's how it came in bits and pieces too. Will I use them again? YES!

USPS/NNIPOST. Bought on ebay send through USPS priority mail. I could track it on USPS or NIPOST. arrived in 6 days. Only thing is I never got a notification from the post office but I went there anyway paid 500 naira and got my goods intact. Disadvantage was the cost about $70 for 3.3kg package. Will I use them again. Very Yes! At least I got no drama from them.

3 Likes

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Tayogeorge(m): 11:36pm On May 03, 2015
We realized that one of the best ways to convince likely buyers in any business (especially in shipping and international procure) is to teach them and lead them through the seamless process that we know would help them to achieve success. That is why we created www.cargoclearing..com, Nigeria No1 shipping and clearing information portal on the internet. We also make shipping process more simpler by reducing number of emails that customers would exchange with our customer service desk with shipping quote request page where you will find links that are connected to our oversea offices so as to fasten response time. As soon as you submit your request using link that matches your cargo country of origin, our automated shipping responder will contact you with quote in less less than 5 mins (i.e if you have provided detailed cargo information). Check the page http://www.valuehandlers.com/#!freight-rates/c1jke. i am excited about it too

mavinc4u:

you are really doing a great job but what exactly is your company page; the or the website?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Anonymous1900: 5:10pm On Jun 05, 2015
dynamitee:

I wish i had read your post before using this company.... words cant express my disappointment or dissatisfaction with the service from the beginning to the end.... A real case of if anything can go wrong, it will

1 Like

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Anonymous1900: 6:01pm On Jun 05, 2015
THIS IS A STERN WARNING/ADVISE TO ANYONE INTERESTED IN SHIPPING FROM US TO NIGERIA with VHI......if you hear the name VHI or VHI Cargo or Value Handlers International.... or whatever acronym they now use..... RUN with your goods

I am not advocating from any other company or suggesting alternatives since that's not my motive, my warning stems from a personal experience with the company and it was entirely terrible. I wish someone had put something like this out there to give people an idea of what to expect in terms of service from VHI so we could make informed decisons.

I wont spend the whole day typing but ill give you bullet points:

Does this company fulfill deliveries in 7- 10 days like they advertise.... Hell no (i got my item after 5 weeks)

Does this company keep you informed of progress/updates especially when the expected delivery date has passed..... You wish ( you have to email, call and follow up yourself to get any information)

You are asked to fill a pre-shipping form the item you want to send to them whih includes tracking number of the courier your using to send the parcel to their warehouse and all your details(phone number, address etc) and then scan your id to them for verification. You would only assume this means they have all your details at hand and they will be professional..... Guess again (You can understand my surprise when issues arose and i was being asked what my contact number was?)

This company gives u an exact format of how to write your name on the parcel when shipping to them, I emailed them and got them to send me an exact format of how they want it written..... So imagine the shock i got by email after 2 weeks for a parcel that was meant to be in Nigeria within 10days from someone telling me i wrote the address wrongly and my goods have been returned by the courier to me (this only after i had inquired to the status of my goods)

After several calls and emails by me to my courier company and their company representative who originally told me i sent it to the wrong address (bear in mind my tracking number confirmed my goods was delivered to them 3 days after i sent it and i emailed them to confirm this was done.), i then emailed them the address they sent me to which they confirmed that the zip code they gave me was wrong by a number. Nevertheless the courier company confirmed it was delivered to them. Eventually after a few days, they told me it was an error and it was not my goods that was returned but another customer.....I was already obviously deep into this and could not pull out but to say i had began to regret using them was an understatement.

Eventually my item got to Nigeria and another 7days to clear and a further 3 or 4 days for them to pick up from the cargo office to their office before the item was collected. So after 5 weeks of waiting and emailing and jumping through hoops i naively believed my journey was over and i could receive my parcel and run for dare life....... my recipient picked up the parcel, got home and opened it to find it damaged (the screen of the tablet had cracked)

I am cutting my losses and washing my hands of this company but decided to help someone avoid such a terrible experience if possible. I was not recommended to them, i came on nairaland and searched for ways to ship to nigeria desperately an my main motive was speed of delivery rather than cost without using ups/fedex/dhl. Please note i emailed them to advise of the damage and they responded in the defense as expected saying with the amount of protective packaging i used (bubble wraps for the item and air packets in the case)item could not have broken unless it was tampered with i transit. You would expect anyone with common sense to know if you throw a box around for 5 weeks with glass in it irrespective of the packaging, there is the probability of damage as evidenced by a damage on part of the screen and not the whole screen.

Either way you have been warned/advised.

N.B i dare anyone from the company from the 3 representatives i dealt with to call me out on any of the things i said or term my feedback false as i have all emails from the beginning of this transaction to prove my claims and you can judge for yourself.....

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.