Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,243 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? - Travel Ads (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travel Ads / Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? (197129 Views)

Buy Goods From Dubai And Have Them Delivered To You In Nigeria / What Is The Best Shipping Option From USA To Naija? / Import Honey And Other Goods From Nigeria To Atlanta,ga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Obalende: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2009
I have a question.

If I post say a laptop x5 or motherboard x5 via DHL or UPS to a house in Nigeria and label it gift, will customs check it, will there any taxes or charges of any sort or will they deliver without any qualms (from US & UK)?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by abebaba(m): 12:36pm On Jan 20, 2009
I live in MD and have always used impexworldwide.com located in NJ since a family friend introduced the company to me. They have not dissapointed me. They ship Tuesdays and Thursdays. So I always post my stuffs to them tru usps, call them to confirm receipt and pay into their account. They charge $3.5//lb now. So far so good. I love and would recommend them
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by goodadvice: 11:50pm On Jan 21, 2009
I used luxury shipping lines when i shipped my cars. the girl there was helpful and they are freight forwarers so they shop around for you. they were cheap the girl name isĀ  naya something like that but you can email them info@luxuryshippinglines.com hope that helped out.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by OrderBay(f): 6:55pm On Feb 13, 2009
Hello,

You can also try www.orderbay.com

They provide excellent service and are very professional.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by owo2000: 10:02am On Feb 15, 2009
For all cargo (air) from the U.S to Nigeria contact

OLU CARGO SERVICES in Chicago, IL Send an e-mail for more information at olucargo@live.com we will help you out. 3-6 air cargo. Much affordable and reasonable than FedEx, UPS etc

Thanks
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by largie(f): 11:18pm On Feb 19, 2009
With impex worldwide you have to pray not to run out of luck.those guys can be crafty atimes.I have ince sent things thru them that took two months to reach nigeria and guess what the laptops in it were already stolen.It took God' intervention to get a refund though not the exact types i sent.Then their prices are not consistent
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by snltec(m): 2:07am On Apr 20, 2009
Most economical and effective means is with Impex worldwide in new Jersey, I have been using them for a little over 2 yrs now & it has been great. They just introduced this online tracking from their website (www.impexworldwide.com), which is real good. You can track your packages on their website and they just called my wife last week on their new lower rates, grin[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by akin23(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2009
what of cars importation? how much will it cost. abeg make una tell me d details
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by mmikolo: 2:06pm On Jul 15, 2009
I was advised to use impex in freighting my baby crib from the US to Nigeria, I was told by the person I called on phone that the item will be pre-weighed measured and I will get a quote before the item is shipped. Only for me to call and was told that the Item has been shipped and was given a ridiculous weight and number of items I sent. Note that I sent 2 Items (Crib and Mattress both weighing 56pounds together) only to be told that I sent 3 items all weighing 112 pounds, I still wonder till date what the 3rd item is. as if that is not enough, without prior noticed I was told that my payment is in the amount of $425 (note that initial estimate from telephone conversation was $230). I took this as it is and was told that my item will arrive Lagos in 3 to 5 days, its been 3 weeks now since I sent this item to Impex office in NJ, and I am yet to take delivery of my items. I call every single day and I am told to drop and expect a call back, and believe me no one ever calls back until I call again the next day. I will call Lagos and be told my item is in PHC, I will call PHC and be told that my item is in Lagos, I get posted round all Impex location and I am really frustrated. I wish I never came to Impex and regret the very day I contacted you people. apart from the fact that I am being forced to pay an amount that I would ordinarily used to get same item or more in Nigeria. I still cannot get the exact location of this item as we speak. I was given a number (phantom number) to track my item and each time I try using this number I get a error message. I wish this was in a civilize environment where legal implications are of consequence, I do not think someone will do this sort of thing to customers. you ship my item without letting me know first hand what it will cost, tell me that's the amount am going to pay and make me call everyday without letting me know the exact location of the item, refuse to send back the item when I asked that it shouldn't be dispatch at that rate. I am really surprised, they provided on their site, a complaint form, try filling it out with this same info and gets an error message, so please for all those advising people to use impex, please try and think about my experience.

4 Likes

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Dotman01(m): 6:25pm On Jul 17, 2009
Anybody in d house know d procedures for importin cars to 9ja?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2009
bump anybody have any ideas?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2009
any reviews?

Our address in Lagos is: #4 Bashiru Oweh St. Off Medical Rd. Ikeja, Lagos.
Tel: 08052821011. Email: infolos@impexworldwide.com or

We look forward to serving you.

Impex Worldwide Express.
www.impexworldwide.com Email: infousa@impexworldwide.com
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by moving: 8:23am On Oct 20, 2009
Please do not use Impex Worldwide.
Very unreliable and communication is bad.
I had nothing but trouble and nothing was done professional.
Additionally they lie!

3 Likes

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 6:24pm On Oct 20, 2009
what happend?

I saw your post too late. . .

Already sent and paid. . .Im crossing my fingers

Will report my results

and who do you suggest?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 5:08pm On Oct 23, 2009
Update:

I have shipped the package to them 8lbs Friday Oct 16,

They called me today and said it will arrive in Nigeria Monday
Will be Delievered that Wednesday.

I'll post back on Monday to let you know how it goes, and any complications.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 4:03pm On Oct 28, 2009
Update:

My Goods Arrived in Lagos Monday,

But they sent a text message to my reciever saying he needed to pay 7475 =N= in their bank account

But I called Impex and since I already paid, they should charge no more.

They said they will email Lagos , and Lagos will release the package.

Today my reciever tried to pick up the package, but IMPEX Lagos hasnt recieved an email from Impex USA.

Will call them again.

Customer Service is good, they are very busy , but they try to help, even though they promise to call you back and they forget. LOL

I will update when my reciever gets the package.
I have an inventory list and I pray everything is in there.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Hynman: 10:16pm On Oct 28, 2009
So they posted it out on the 16th and you haven't recieved it yet? Thats a little more than the 4-5 days they quoted.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Hynman: 10:35pm On Oct 28, 2009
Oh. I get it. You shipped it TO impex on the 16th . I understand now.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Hynman: 2:44am On Oct 30, 2009
Platinum uk,

So, have you receieved it?
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 7:29pm On Oct 30, 2009
Hynman:

Platinum uk,

So, have you receieved it?

Sorry o , I didnt see you questions.

Update:

I am in a mess right now
My bf had to calm me down, because I am freaking out and crying in anger

The package was supposed to be delivered on THURSDAY and they promised that they would send the driver out to drop the package where the reciever could get it.

Keep in mind my reciever had already DRIVEN TO LAGOS which is 4 hours AWAY!

I called Lagos on Thursday and they said that the driver had already been out and that when he come back my package will be sent out Friday.

So im trying to be patient.
Today I woke up at 5AM this morning and Called Lagos, the woman Ossy assured me that the Driver is going to drop the package to be picked up and will call my reciever when they get there.

Up till now 1:17 pm Central Standard Time/ 7:17 pm Lagos Time, NO PHONE CALL HAS BEEN RECIEVED.

I called them before at 10am my time which is 4pm Lagos time.

The same woman Ossy assured me that my package would be picked up today.

Now it is past 5pm Lagos time and no one is picking up the phone in the LAGOS office.

I am so upset and mad. I dont even know where they dumped my package, or they lost or stolen it.

I can't even concentrate at work. I am so FUKCING MAD!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

I called Impex in New Jersey and the woman Keci told me to call her at 10 am Eastern Time, she will call Lagos if my package is not recieved by then.

I dont even know what to say. My package is somewhere in nigeria and has been there since Monday. Up till now, nothing.
Please pray for my nerves, because God help me, if anything is missing Im flying myself down to New Jersey next saturday and demanding a refund for everything I bought, and I got a reciept for everything.

Im have heavier and bigger packages to send to Nigeria now but Im not going to use them.

they failed me. sad sad sad sad sad

Nex[b]t Review: Orderbay.[/b] <- I shyed away from them because they have an extra 35 dollar charge but the money I spent calling nigeria is more than that.

I would gladly pay 35 if my packages are delivered in an efficent manner.

I hope anyone from IMPEX reads this , because I demand an apology, and Im not some random user who just added yesterday, so Im not kidding.
angry angry angry angry
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 1:35pm On Oct 31, 2009
Seun . ur spam blocker is seriously wack. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed stop blocking my posts angry angry angry

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by moving: 3:50pm On Nov 01, 2009
I can understand you!
I am also angry and my car is sitting in the port for 2 weeks now and the clearing is getting more expensive by the minute.
I hope you get your package soon. I will be going to the office in Lagos tomorrow to talk to them since phone conversations are fruitless and down right insulting. As I said before just unprofessional!

Again, in the future use Accessport Nigeria Limited for clearing and tell them that Claudia has referred you they are a registered clearing company and professional.

As for those who want to ship cars to Nigeria there has just opened up a new possibility trough a Canada based company called Export Trader (exporttrader.com). I personally met the with them here in Lagos and they have started to sell cars online and deal with all the shipping and clearing for you. The company exports cars all over the world and would be a great option to anybody who wants to buy a car overseas.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 3:52pm On Nov 02, 2009
Does Your companies u reccomended ship packages?

Well. . Update

Finally on Sunday My reciever recieved the package. Everything was in it, but the grey hairs I grew worrying over my package is not worth it.

And it took over 2 weeks. USPS takes 2 weeks as well, the only difference is you cant call the people to harras them .

They have to shape up and be real with their services before I look their way again.

You cant say its going to be delivered in 3-5 days when it was more than 15 days! or that you have to wait after your goods arrive to recieve your package.

Its like you have to be on them everyday otherwise they wont do sh!t for you.

SMH lipsrsealed
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by DAKT: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2009
STOP WASTING TIME WITH LIARS AND UNREGISTERED SHIPPERS,

Call Alali @ 8324432989 if you need quality service , truthfulness, competitive pricing.

A Nigerian owned and operated company servicing Nigerians in the United Stated and at Home.

If YOU ORDER GOODS FROM THE UNITED STATES, DO NOT PAY ANY SHIPPING UNTIL WE CALL YOU THAT YOUR GOODS ARE READY TO PICK UP.

Payments into Nigerian Banks are most welcome.

CALL DAKT LOGISTICS - HOUSTON'S MOST TRUSTED SHIPPER

Visit us on facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/pages/Houston-TX/DAKT-Logistics-LLC/77513932294?v=app_2347471856#/pages/Houston-TX/DAKT-Logistics-LLC/77513932294?v=wall

or on the web www.daktlogistics.com

We currently sell Bell Energy, Chevron Nigeria, Rockson Engineering, KDI Oil and Gas Ltd, Park n Shop, Silverbird and many more, see ad below

Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by platinumnk(f): 9:32pm On Nov 03, 2009
DAKT:

If YOU ORDER GOODS FROM THE UNITED STATES, DO NOT PAY ANY SHIPPING UNTIL WE CALL YOU THAT YOUR GOODS ARE READY TO PICK UP.

Payments into Nigerian Banks are most welcome.

Some how that statement makes me feel uneasy. How do I know you wont over charge once my package gets to Nigeria, overcharging because you know I would want you to release my package

I dont know, somebody else has to try you out, looks like you just joined, no references no business.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by XecMan: 3:41am On Nov 04, 2009
There is a safe and cheap way to ship from Dallas,TX to Lagos. It cost $4.15 per pound and minimum of 40 pounds. Your shipment will get to lagos in 4 to 5 business days.

To learn more send email to princemill03@yahoo.com
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by akhanaton: 5:24pm On Nov 05, 2009
I have also just shipped impex. Please save yourself the stress and avoid this company like the plague. I was told 4-5 days, called them and they initally couldn't even find my goods. Eventually, they said they had ever left U.S. when I complained the lady, Titi told me that I should be happy that I at least found my goods ! Now that's what I call customer service.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by DAKT: 5:18am On Nov 06, 2009
Platinum,

I understand that you do not see any references on Nairaland.

I have listed companies we serve in Nigeria ( Chevron, Rockson Engineering, Crown Global, KDI Oil, Beks Kimse, SILVERBIRD, Park and shop, etc)

and you can call their logistics department and do a background check on us.

Once you send goods to our warehouse they are weighed and you are billed, we send you a house airway bill to show how much it weighs and how much it cost.

If your payment is made to the our bank along with the deposit confirmation we send you a paid in full invoice with you can take to our Nigerian office to collect your goods or if you paid for door to door delivery. We deliver them to your door next day after the arrive Lagos.

What you are billed / lbs is $4.00 to Lagos and $4.50 to any other city. Pay nothing else in Lagos.

We deliver goods everyday to Nigeria.

We have air freighted and delivered goods worth over $6,000,000 this year alone.

We have never been sued.

We insure your goods against damage and loss for pennies - If you insist.

We do not have a minimum weight requirement that you can send.

We deliver right to your door.

We are also registered with the Nigerian CAC and DPR therefore we are a Nigerian based company.

So we are right next to you.

Give us an opportunity to provide you world class service.

Thanks
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by akhanaton: 9:21am On Nov 06, 2009
@ DAKT: I tried you nigerian number but it's not going thru. Do you have any other numbers in Nigeria? I would like to talk to you about shipping through you in the future.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Hynman: 1:01am On Nov 11, 2009
Oga o. I just shipped with them and I hope I dont regret it. I have faith sha.
Re: Cheapest Way To Ship Goods From USA To Nigeria? by Hynman: 1:15am On Nov 11, 2009
@ DAKT, You sound good, but, too new, no reviews. No way to check your references either

Also, I did a quick research on the companies you say you serve and I've found reasons to doubt your validity.

1) KDI Oil and Gas Ltd is registered at the same address as your UK Branch.

-KDI OIL AND GAS LTD, NORTHAMPTON, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, NN2 6NU
-DAKT LOGISTICS LTD Registered No. 06908232 14 OSBORNE ROAD, NORTHAMPTON, NORTHAMPTONSHIRE, NN2 6NU

So how can your company be one of your own client?

2) Beks Kimse Nigeria Ltd - The chief executive of this company, Keniebi D. Okoko is also one of the management members of DMaclayton Concepts LLC ( Another company registered at your texas address. )

So again, how can your company be one of your own client?

3) Trying to verify if you serve Silvebird/Chevron/Park and shop will be hard

4) Rockson - You are not listed as their partner although another shipping company is - http://www.rocksonengineering.com/pages/Nigerian_Partners.html

5) Crown Gobal - Never heard of this company.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.