Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:14 AM

What You Must Know Before You Die - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What You Must Know Before You Die (18464 Views)

How You Can Know For Sure That You Will Go To Heaven When You Die / WHAT CHRISTIANS MUST KNOW ABOUT ISLAM / Expose About Israel And Palestine - What You Need To Know Before Taking Sides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by chemystery: 9:02am On Sep 17, 2017
bigfrancis21, please receive some sense. All I see is fairy tale and wishful thinking!
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by nwaanambra1(m): 9:20am On Sep 17, 2017
Ogbeniaustin:
Wat.

IPHONE 11:

No phone! cheesy
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by Dnockeror333(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2017
Bigfrancis21, I will want to hear this again, involve my name in your next work. Good day.
Am a believer in the Son of the Mighty God, A foetus of Jesus Christ.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by Owill1(m): 9:41am On Sep 17, 2017
Real talk

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by wildchild02: 9:42am On Sep 17, 2017
Ok

Check my signature to order your football jerseys and get FREE CUSTOMIZATION, YES you heard me right FREE CUSTOMIZATION
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by olowobaba10: 10:07am On Sep 17, 2017
OP HAVE YOU EVER DIED AND COME BACK BEFORE? EMPIRICISM
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by uminem02(m): 10:22am On Sep 17, 2017
i like the fifth point...that means there'll be UCL and EPL there too
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by sammirano: 10:38am On Sep 17, 2017
I disagree, especially point 5. Immediately you die, you lose your self will.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by Pyramid1212: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2017
bigfrancis21:
14. Experiencing the life review
When a loved one completes the transition of death and after they rest from their journey, the now Spirit will take time to reflect and review their time of earth. This period of reflection can take a few weeks to many years, with the average spirit spending 6 months to 1 year in ‘reflection’ of their life on earth. This period of time is called the life review and is essential to the crossing over process.

During this time, your deceased loved one is surrounded by spirit guides and relatives (usually 3 to 7 of them), and begins to review their life and the lessons they were meant to learn while on earth. Starting from birth and extending to death, the recently deceased will see everything playback to them as though on a giant movie screen, projector, or film strip. They usually show this to me as a small, personal movie theater. While they see all their experiences through their own perspective, they also see their experiences through the perspective of every other being that was involved.

Since it involves the perspectives of all those involved, for some, the life review, can take a very long time. Some spirits have mentioned that they could occasionally take breaks, just as in school or in a long all-day workshop, but that they mostly were occupied with reviewing their life, immediately and in the months following their passing. But that is all it is – a review of what you were supposed to learn on earth and your experiences, it is not a punishment nor are you punished in any way for anything on earth. You simply learn. When complete, your deceased loved one will have a lot of perspective about those they knew and of their own actions while on earth.

15. Moving fully into spirit
Once the life review is complete – usually between 4 months to 1 year, you will transition fully into spirit. While you are ‘crossed over’ since the moment your deceased loved ones greeted you upon passing – you are now free to explore, visit, and take on jobs if your Spirit wants to!

Many times, your deceased loved ones spend their time in Spirit watching over you and others that are still on earth. This often involves visiting, helping you out with favors and creating positive outcomes in your life. Deceased loved ones will and enjoy coming to readings specifically to brag about all the strings they pulled and the ways in which they are visiting you. Did you recently avoid a terrible car accident? Your grandfather might want to take credit for that!

While many spirits prefer to visit and wait until you cross over before they begin planning for their next incarnation on to earth, other Spirits take on jobs, go to school, or have other roles. Some deceased loved ones become Spirit Guides for those in your family or others who they can help with their expertise. Other deceased loved ones have discussed becoming guardian angel figures, to help those who are going through difficult times in their lives. In fact, this is a very common role for people who had a less than savory history on earth – to guide others OFF that very path. Deceased loved ones who were teachers, professors, healers, or caretakers in their earth lives, often choose to continue on this path in the Spiritual Realm.

16. Planning for the next life (incarnation)
The ultimate goal of all of souls is to have full capacity to experience, give and receive the unconditional love of the universe – and this takes many, many life times, and many, many difficult lessons, and many ‘lifetimes’ on earth. Thus, this is most likely not your first life on earth or as a physical being, and most likely not your last. Many people have experienced tens to hundreds of lifetimes. Thus, after your spirit crosses over, you will, at some point, begin to prepare for the next time you will be on earth, in another physical body.

You enter each new lifetime with a group of souls who you knew in the previous lifetime and they may be friends, family, acquaintances, lovers, parents, or siblings. These souls are individuals who assist you in your spiritual journey, as you assist them, and this is who we commonly refer to as a soul mate, or a soul friend. Thus, it is common for your deceased loved one to “wait” on the other-side for you to cross over, so you can enter into your next lifetime together, meet each other again, and continue on your journey.
I love this and this is jus the best write up eva on nairaland...my.brother or sister who posted this you must be in one of the best esoteric schools or order....this is lik a typical rosicrucian teaching....I am proud n privilleged to b one and readin this made me feel we still hv ppl of same intreast in the country...we all need to do good sow good and reap good....pp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by Matthew4sure(m): 12:09pm On Sep 17, 2017
Ok God is altimate
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by mathew247: 12:27pm On Sep 17, 2017
I love this thread...hope to be back to read it again. I'm off to watch Chelsea match.

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by Amigo101(m): 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2017
My verdict : If men will still have errection (sic) on that side.... wahala go still dey. Q. E. D
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by OkunrinMeta: 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2017
NigerianScholar:

1. If you believe in jesus. He personally explained what happens when you die. So go and read the new testament properly
2. Most Christians re hypocrites. True
3. True

Is it possible that the message of Jesus Christ, as contained in the new testament, has been diluted as it is passed on from generation to generation and in the compilation of the bible?

Well yes, logically.

So what do we do? we BELIEVE it hasn't been. We can believe everything and know nothing.

We are required to use what is certain, our time on earth, to purchase what we believe, what is uncertain. With the threat that there is eternal punishment from God, whose love is everlasting, if we so much as tell a lie on our last day on earth.

Every known religion asks for this believe at some point. When logic fails. Use the known as currency to purchase the unknown! Everyone can't be right. Most people choose the religion of their fathers. That is much easier than thinking. Whichever you chose, billions are betting with there lives that you are wrong.

Every religion has some sort of punishment for people who do not abide. They cannot all be right and whoever is right, billions would be wrong.

One thing is certain: hell, purgatory, ...whatever its called in your version ...would have more people than heaven and many would be genuinely surprised to end up there.

There is so much we don't know. This i know.

So i choose to believe the things every religion agrees on: It is good to love your neighbour as yourself.

If i end up in hell doing that, i will have billions of neighbours.

Cc: madcow1

Cc: bigfrancis21

1 Like

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by heybee72(m): 3:38pm On Sep 17, 2017
Too much doctor strange...
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by Kaybaba5(m): 4:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
Afterlife......
Who knows what will happen
But let's live a good life......
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by NigerianScholar: 5:41am On Sep 18, 2017
OkunrinMeta:

Is it possible that the message of Jesus Christ, as contained in the new testament, has been diluted as it is passed on from generation to generation and in the compilation of the bible?

Well yes, logically.

So what do we do? we BELIEVE it hasn't been. We can believe everything and know nothing.

We are required to use what is certain, our time on earth, to purchase what we believe, what is uncertain. With the threat that there is eternal punishment from God, whose love is everlasting, if we so much as tell a lie on our last day on earth.

Every known religion asks for this believe at some point. When logic fails. Use the known as currency to purchase the unknown! Everyone can't be right. Most people choose the religion of their fathers. That is much easier than thinking. Whichever you chose, billions are betting with there lives that you are wrong.

Every religion has some sort of punishment for people who do not abide. They cannot all be right and whoever is right, billions would be wrong.

One thing is certain: hell, purgatory, ...whatever its called in your version ...would have more people than heaven and many would be genuinely surprised to end up there.

So i choose to believe the things every religion agrees on: It is good to love your neighbour as yourself.

. With the bolded abovr. The person that explained it didnt do a great job. Ask a theologian to explain that part to you. Btw if you believe in jesus. You should know that u re meant to follow his word alone. Its true that there re elements of good in each religion. But you cant combine elements from all religions some may contradict. I see your point it may work from a logical perspective. But as a Christian I dont think so
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by MadCow1: 7:30am On Sep 18, 2017
NigerianScholar:
. With the bolded abovr. The person that explained it didnt do a great job. Ask a theologian to explain that part to you. Btw if you believe in jesus. You should know that u re meant to follow his word alone. Its true that there re elements of good in each religion. But you cant combine elements from all religions some may contradict. I see your point it may work from a logical perspective. But as a Christian I dont think so

Ask a Theologian? You realise that this isn't science right? You do know that there are no proofs, facts or logic to religion right? So whatever it is a theologian tells you, would be simply based off of his or her personal interpretations of the texts or scriptures they have studied. And since religion isn't a science, opinions will differ from one theologian to the next.

Anyways, my personal opinion remains religion in and of itself as a concept and ideology makes absolutely no sense whatsoever irrespective of what branch of it a person chooses to follow. It is a concept that feeds off of our fears of the unknown (like the origin of life, death and what next after death).

A lot of the followers of these diverse religions can't even sensibly justify why they follow the religion or even make sense of some of the practices/doctrines they observe or even the whole ideology of the existence of an invincible Supreme Being.

There are no tangible proofs of any supernatural perks to following any religion.. Same things that happen to Atheists, happens to theists. If either gets bitten by a venomous snake, they both have equal chances of survival. Near misses happen to both sets of people. So the only allegedly real benefit to being a believer is one that can't be proven or even seen until one dies which is a utopian afterlife. Meanwhile for you to benefit from this afterlife utopia program, you will have to make a lot of sacrifices in this here life and some of these sacrifices are pretty extreme and many of them downright ridiculous but all are ultimately costly financially and time wise. grin grin

Like Okunrinmeta summarised in his post, if he leads a good life and still finds himself in hell, he will have a lot of neighbours and on that point, we both agree. The only difference between the both of us (Okun and i) is that whereas he chooses to follow/believe/adhere to the things which all religions agree on (my guess will be the existence of a God), I outrightly choose not to believe in an unprovable and illogical ideology which is religion and all its beliefs.

If there is a hell, then that's where I am heading.. But I will live this here life I have got the best I can and for all its got to offer.

MadcowTM

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by 0temAtum: 8:16am On Sep 18, 2017
NigerianScholar:
I think this is just one persons or a group of peoples opinion on this. I personally dont believe on reincarnation because less people die compared to the number of people being born.
Who will live the life of the excess people since there is a population increase. I think the short story provides a more logical take on reincarnation.

The earth isn't the only habitable place for life in the universe. I know at least two more by name, the chumorld and the clumoid. So people who die on earth are reincarnated to the worlds of their choices. I'm sure many wouldn't want a reincarnation back to the earth, just like Adinoi my higher self didn't get reincarnated back here. And in addition to this, there are newcomer souls made into the universe who have never been to any physical world before. This accounts for more birth rate than death rate.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by NigerianScholar: 10:13am On Sep 19, 2017
0temAtum:

The earth isn't the only habitable place for life in the universe. I know at least two more by name, the chumorld and the clumoid. So people who die on earth are reincarnated to the worlds of their choices. I'm sure many wouldn't want a reincarnation back to the earth, just like Adinoi my higher self didn't get reincarnated back here. And in addition to this, there are newcomer souls made into the universe who have never been to any physical world before. This accounts for more birth rate than death rate.

This sounds really fictional
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by NigerianScholar: 10:23am On Sep 19, 2017
MadCow1:

Ask a Theologian? You realise that this isn't science right? You do know that there are no proofs, facts or logic to religion right? So whatever it is a theologian tells you, would be simply based off of his or her personal interpretations of the texts or scriptures they have studied. And since religion isn't a science, opinions will differ from one theologian to the next.

Anyways, my personal opinion remains religion in and of itself as a concept and ideology makes absolutely no sense whatsoever irrespective of what branch of it a person chooses to follow. It is a concept that feeds off of our fears of the unknown (like the origin of life, death and what next after death).

A lot of the followers of these diverse religions can't even sensibly justify why they follow the religion or even make sense of some of the practices/doctrines they observe or even the whole ideology of the existence of an invincible Supreme Being.

There are no tangible proofs of any supernatural perks to following any religion.. Same things that happen to Atheists, happens to theists. If either gets bitten by a venomous snake, they both have equal chances of survival. Near misses happen to both sets of people. So the only allegedly real benefit to being a believer is one that can't be proven or even seen until one dies which is a utopian afterlife. Meanwhile for you to benefit from this afterlife utopia program, you will have to make a lot of sacrifices in this here life and some of these sacrifices are pretty extreme and many of them downright ridiculous but all are ultimately costly financially and time wise. grin grin

Like Okunrinmeta summarised in his post, if he leads a good life and still finds himself in hell, he will have a lot of neighbours and on that point, we both agree. The only difference between the both of us (Okun and i) is that whereas he chooses to follow/believe/adhere to the things which all religions agree on (my guess will be the existence of a God), I outrightly choose not to believe in an unprovable and illogical ideology which is religion and all its beliefs.

If there is a hell, then that's where I am heading.. But I will live this here life I have got the best I can and for all its got to offer.

MadcowTM

This is why I said I am a Christian. Theres no scientific proof for what religion explains. So you can choose what you want to believe. Theologians dont agree. Thats true. But his own analysis of the bible is shallow
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by 0temAtum: 10:38am On Sep 19, 2017
NigerianScholar:

This sounds really fictional
That's your opinion, but it's the reality which has come to correct the lies of religion. Check the Doctufos of truth for the full truth.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by NigerianScholar: 11:05am On Sep 19, 2017
0temAtum:
That's your opinion, but it's the reality which has come to correct the lies of religion. Check the Doctufos of truth for the full truth.

I mean the poiny of choosing which world youll be reincarnated into when you die
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by OkunrinMeta: 11:25am On Sep 19, 2017
0temAtum:

Do you have proof of any of this
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by OkunrinMeta: 11:29am On Sep 19, 2017
NigerianScholar:

This is why I said I am a Christian. Theres no scientific proof for what religion explains. So you can choose what you want to believe. Theologians dont agree. Thats true. But his own analysis of the bible is shallow

It would have been refreshing if you were logical
OkunrinMeta:

Well yes, logically.

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by MadCow1: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2017
NigerianScholar:

Technically, you all choose what you want to believe. The Jehovah's witnesses choose to believe that only 144000 persons will make heaven while the rest inherit the earth (And they have biblical proof (for lack of a more fitting word) of this), the Seven day Adventist also choose to believe that Saturday not Sunday is the Sabbath and most of the Jewish laws of Sabbath should still be obeyed today.

So when you say you are Christian, which one of the numerous Christian sect and their diverging beliefs do you follow and what makes you believe you are in the right one cos if what you away about Theism is Right, then only one of you can possibly be doing it correctly thus meaning a lot of believers will be joining the likes of me in hell (which is what really scares me about hell). grin

Speaking of this fellows analysis of the bible being shallow will always be a subjective view because you like him and all other believers don't have any "facts" to back your claims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by analice107: 11:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
NigerianScholar:

1. If you believe in jesus. He personally explained what happens when you die. So go and read the new testament properly
2. Most Christians re hypocrites. True
3. True
Why should it be about Christian's? Did any Christin die you anyone? Did Jesus call us to follow him or Christians?
There's serious hypocrisy is this.

Follow Jesus and His teachings, but people prefer to follow fellow men.

It shall be funny when we stand before the master.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by bayocanny: 10:25am On Jun 28, 2019
hello Bigfrancis21, pls I want to pay for my WES evaluation fee I don't know if you need naira I would be glad if you can be of help in that regard.
I sent you an email already.
Re: What You Must Know Before You Die by Flow33: 6:48am On Apr 28
I agree

(1) (2) (Reply)

Same-Sex Marriage: Catholic Teaching Doesn’t Change – Bishops / Did Joseph Prince Really Say This? / Evil That Went On At Pastor Chris Okotie Wedding !

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.