Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,971 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:01 AM

Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. - NYSC (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. (27834 Views)

Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result / What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] / 5 Reasons Why NYSC Should Not Be Scrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Agewithgrace(f): 8:49pm On May 19, 2017
[quote author=Randy91 post=56686707]

SCRATCHED [didn't u see his name?]
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by emmaitive(m): 8:51pm On May 19, 2017
scrap it pls
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by iamdannyfc(m): 9:00pm On May 19, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Yes i support it to be scratched. It is just a rubbish wasted of timing.
o boy

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 19, 2017
Not just scrapped bt evry single piece of it shuld b dug out of dis God-forsaken trash dey call Nigeria
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Shamillionaire(m): 9:03pm On May 19, 2017
Okay...I don't want it scrapped, i believe it gives some folks the chance to visit other states in my own opinion. i never been to east before but becouse of NYSC i come to ABIA

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Zenithpeak(m): 9:03pm On May 19, 2017
Imstrong:
Nysc Introduced by obasanjo not How on again?

Kindly Interpret what you posted here for the benefit of people who couldn't understand Chinese. Biko, D'Allah, Dakun, I beg.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by mrLhanray(m): 9:10pm On May 19, 2017
No, it should not be scrapped.
i've lived all my years in south-west prior to my service year, 3yrs ago, I really wanted to go to the north, cos I wanted to experience all what i've seen and heard about the north. I was luckily posted to Niger state, and my ppa was not far from kebbi state. I enjoyed my service year there, ate their meals, listened to their songs, learnt few hausa words and they were quite friendly. it was a memorable experience for me.
I saw another part of Nigeria which was really strange to me at first, but I enjoyed it cos it was what i've always wanted. NYSC made the villagers accept us as a corps member.
i'll advocate for some reformation though, cos the government is not trying in some aspects

it promotes the concept of NIGERIANIZATION. One Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by suremanpatriot: 9:11pm On May 19, 2017
It's helping grads gain experience which is a major criteria for gettin jobs. It should not be banned.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by princemartinsG(m): 9:13pm On May 19, 2017
NYSC should not only be scrapped for its non-value and waste of time tendencies

NYSC should be scrapped because it is nothing but a conduit pipe from where a lot of corrupt government officials loot Nigeria' resources.

2 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Nobody: 9:14pm On May 19, 2017
Nysc is experience!
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by chely: 9:15pm On May 19, 2017
No wu say NA Obasanjo introduce nysc?
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by PDPGuy: 9:16pm On May 19, 2017
Fully support its scrapping. The program has outlived its usefulness.

The billions that would be saved can be used to provide scholarships to more students, especially those in the STEM fields.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by bionixs: 9:31pm On May 19, 2017
samyomz:
Nigeria should be scrapped angry
chei,my people make un come see serious GOBE
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by juman(m): 9:40pm On May 19, 2017
Education is in total mess in nigeria like other sectors.

Many times I look at awolowo picture again and again what I see was normal yoruba person.
I wonder how we find it very difficult to get another dedicated leader like him again.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by AlphaStyles(m): 9:42pm On May 19, 2017
yes scrap NYSC scrap the mother fucking jamb 2

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by AlphaStyles(m): 9:44pm On May 19, 2017
RIPEnglish:

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Rick9(m): 9:49pm On May 19, 2017
[But I don't understand how someone would waste 4 years in the university and will still go and waste another 1year again

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by AHCB: 9:49pm On May 19, 2017
All those saying NSYC should be scrapped are the ones who truly didn't serve. They're either ghost corpers or redundant corpers.

If you conduct a study and check the activity of those calling for the scrap of NYSC, I'm sure we'll see that they fall under what I listed above.

So, for me, it shouldn't be scrapped.

3 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Soso990240(m): 9:54pm On May 19, 2017
PapiSmith:
My brother I no go lie oh...

People are really deployed to scary places this year. It's now like a ram heading to the slaughter house. grin

Worst of all, them no come dey pay again like before. Graduates are not as excited as 2 years ago grin

OK, Let's do a nairaland poll tongue

Click share for it to be scrapped

Click like for it to remain (its good to serve your father's land Uh? wink)
if u check very well,u will find out that the people that want Nysc scrapped are the people that have already passed through it. Why? Is it their business? U have passed through it,allow others to do the same. Yes,people are being posted to scary places,yes,life itself is a risk. People de die for school,people de die for road,people de even die for their houses,so what are u afraid of? 90percent of graduates wan to serve. Btw am currently serving in kogi,neva been there before,bt am enjoying my stay.. Am happy am doing wat other graduates have done.

3 Likes

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Nobody: 9:57pm On May 19, 2017
Make dem never scrap am oh,me sef wan tidy those Secondary school gerhs tongue
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Nobody: 10:13pm On May 19, 2017
It should be repackaged

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Heavance(m): 10:29pm On May 19, 2017
samyomz:
Nigeria should be scrapped angry
I can't laugh abeg, chaiii, Nigeria should be scrapped o
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Nobody: 10:40pm On May 19, 2017
Zenithpeak:

Kindly Interpret what you posted here for the benefit of people who couldn't understand Chinese. Biko, D'Allah, Dakun, I beg.
auto correct gone wrong .. I meant gowon
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by blackboy(m): 10:51pm On May 19, 2017
YemziAdez:
Okay...I don't want it scrapped, i believe it gives some folks the chance to visit other states in my own opinion.

How many of us went to higher institutions in our state? Se nah by force to visit other states? Even as I am working my seeking employment has taken me to East, West, North and Niger Delta.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by bardiprecious: 10:57pm On May 19, 2017
scrap d shit pls maka chukwu,its of no use to us many corpers die in the process........ use the allocation for youth empowerment
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Emmex0804(m): 11:05pm On May 19, 2017
lockupnop:
Ahhh! I'm not a graduate so I can't say . If not that our messengers we elected in the office cannot think for our Youth if I was to be in charge of that NYSC

All the Federation I will make sure Federal government provide 100,000 hacters of land in each state.

Now
Time frame 1 year.
Goals :
1 coper = 1 acre

6 months training in farm
3 months training in Army Barack with intensive discipline
3 months course on Basic I:T programs

Pay them off with their farm produce adding value to it.

Government role : bring invesrors from South Korea to Build factory and we make sure we back them up so that they won't run away.

When the pass out they would make m oney
Maize to cornflakes Direct Kellog must come to Nigeria by force ...

Now they will use Billions to scrap it abi Continue undecided

Kellogg is already building is factory here in Nigeria
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by BentSpoon(m): 11:13pm On May 19, 2017
RIPEnglish:
I love ur name #nohomo
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by oluboom(m): 11:32pm On May 19, 2017
A'17 ondo corpers are already discussing... join the whatsapp group through the link
https:///KCJb5iMIZ6nJuqNHyChV7Q
or message ur number to 08068091227
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by YemziAdez(m): 11:56pm On May 19, 2017
blackboy:

How many of us went to higher institutions in our state? Se nah by force to visit other states? Even as I am working my seeking employment has taken me to East, West, North and Niger Delta.

But Sir, with all due respect, I didn't say all.

many thanks for your understanding!

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by chiefojiji(m): 12:41am On May 20, 2017
Which of the Obasanjo introduced NYSC or maybe yakubu gowon don change name to Obasanjo........ Well,,, scrap or no scrap, one man is inside his jacuzzi laughing at all comments! Saying, Abi Moti scrap e ni........
Freshkidavid:
A Twitter poll was conducted to know if NYSC which is a mandatory programme and was introduced by the President Olusegun Obasanjo administration should be scraped and guess what is the result:- YES.

Kingston Dome is also in support of this.

See the result of the screenshot,

www.kingstondome.com.ng/2017/05/should-nysc-be-scrapped-see-results-of.html

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact / Female Corper: 'My Mother Made Me A Graduate With Fish Selling' / Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.