Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. (27835 Views)

Should NYSC Be Reformed Or Scraped? See Twitter Poll Result / What You Failed To Observe About NYSC [BE WISE] / 5 Reasons Why NYSC Should Not Be Scrapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by slap1(m): 6:33am On May 20, 2017
Some highlyplaced individuals are making hundreds of millions yearly from NYSC, so it won't be scraped.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Deenite(m): 6:37am On May 20, 2017
Wen you scarp NYSC, what will happen to their staff's employment
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Misterdhee1(m): 7:13am On May 20, 2017
Soso990240:
if u check very well,u will find out that the people that want Nysc scrapped are the people that have already passed through it. Why? Is it their business? U have passed through it,allow others to do the same. Yes,people are being posted to scary places,yes,life itself is a risk. People de die for school,people de die for road,people de even die for their houses,so what are u afraid of? 90percent of graduates wan to serve. Btw am currently serving in kogi,neva been there before,bt am enjoying my stay.. Am happy am doing wat other graduates have done.
God bless you jawe..

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Skmoda360(m): 7:20am On May 20, 2017
lockupnop:
Ahhh! I'm not a graduate so I can't say . If not that our messengers we elected in the office cannot think for our Youth if I was to be in charge of that NYSC

All the Federation I will make sure Federal government provide 100,000 hacters of land in each state.

Now
Time frame 1 year.
Goals :
1 coper = 1 acre

6 months training in farm
3 months training in Army Barack with intensive discipline
3 months course on Basic I:T programs

Pay them off with their farm produce adding value to it.

Government role : bring invesrors from South Korea to Build factory and we make sure we back them up so that they won't run away.

When the pass out they would make m oney
Maize to cornflakes Direct Kellog must come to Nigeria by force ...

Now they will use Billions to scrap it abi Continue undecided
guy can you forward this to the appropriate authority........maybe they can reason this your story.

1 Like

Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by chegzyshade(m): 7:40am On May 20, 2017
Do you need medical clearance for NYSC registration?
Get from a genuine source, very fast and at cheaper price
Contact 08037245137 or 08068255408
Call and WhatsApp
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Stanleyville(m): 8:07am On May 20, 2017
RIPEnglish:
Yes i support it to be scratched. It is just a rubbish wasted of timing.
...RIP English language tongue embarassed
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by oyetpel(m): 8:09am On May 20, 2017
NYSC can't be scrapped because some people earn through the scheme.

From Nysc officials, to soldiers and commandants in camps, makers of NYSC clothes and shoes, recharge card and food sellers, looters etc.
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Fohlah(f): 8:14am On May 20, 2017
Nysc is a total waste of time
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Daddybright1986(m): 8:50am On May 20, 2017
Op NYSC was not introduce by OBJ pls........edit your write up ASAP
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by kstix(m): 9:41am On May 20, 2017
lockupnop:
Ahhh! I'm not a graduate so I can't say . If not that our messengers we elected in the office cannot think for our Youth if I was to be in charge of that NYSC

All the Federation I will make sure Federal government provide 100,000 hacters of land in each state.

Now
Time frame 1 year.
Goals :
1 coper = 1 acre

6 months training in farm
3 months training in Army Barack with intensive discipline
3 months course on Basic I:T programs

Pay them off with their farm produce adding value to it.

Government role : bring invesrors from South Korea to Build factory and we make sure we back them up so that they won't run away.

When the pass out they would make m oney
Maize to cornflakes Direct Kellog must come to Nigeria by force ...

Now they will use Billions to scrap it abi Continue undecided
This is a brilliant idea. Nice one. Just a pity Nigerian govt doesn't think like that
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by RIPEnglish: 9:49am On May 20, 2017
Stanleyville:
...RIP English language tongue embarassed
wink
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by aribisala0(m): 10:50am On May 20, 2017
stifej:
For me, having just concluded my service year, i dont think it should be scrapped.My service year was one awesome experience. I think the scheme can be made better by introducing innovations... How many of the respondent have actually served? I think only past and serving corp members should be the respondents for such surveys. not a random twittet user.
The others should not be surveyed because they are not taxpayerss?That is shallow logic. If the corpers do service voluntarily withou payment no problem
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by lockupnop: 11:37am On May 20, 2017
Skmoda360:

guy can you forward this to the appropriate authority........maybe they can reason this your story.

You think they don't know what is right ? They do the problem here is our polithiefcians who pass the law ..They are the one's who will fight for the youths of this land.

If the Judiciary give attention well deserved to them I'm sure many millionaires would spring up and the federal executive would put down infrastructure.

Let me tell u 70% of our graduates completed that stuff because of that Uniform wey be like man o war own undecided ...

The basic truth in life is reality visit u when you complete ur secondary school anywhere is the world so Buhari/Osinbanjo government should strategize that and they see the economy of Nigeria grows
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by LordOfNaira: 11:54am On May 20, 2017
stifej:
For me, having just concluded my service year, i dont think it should be scrapped.My service year was one awesome experience. I think the scheme can be made better by introducing innovations... How many of the respondent have actually served? I think only past and serving corp members should be the respondents for such surveys. not a random twittet user.

Your conclusion was myopic. It is like saying only senators can debate on whether the two legislative chambers be reduced to one!!!

For me, I think it should be repackaged or scrapped. We all know what would happen if the bill (to provide free vocational training for corps members) becomes law. It would reflect in billions on the budget but the corps members will still be poorly trained. The scheme cannot continue this way. It costs billions of naira every year and still doesn't do anything to alleviate poverty or reduce unemployment. I think it is about time we started something more beneficial than this scheme. It was initially thought up as a noble scheme but it has now become as corrupted as the other institutions in the country. It no longer serves its purpose of reintegration. Sincerely, could you provide a reason for the scheme that would be missed should the scheme be scrapped? Just one very solid reason?
Re: Should NYSC Be Scrapped, See The Results Of A Twitter Poll. by Drabrah(m): 8:26am On May 22, 2017
PapiSmith:
My brother I no go lie oh...

People are really deployed to scary places this year. It's now like a ram heading to the slaughter house. grin

Worst of all, them no come dey pay again like before. Graduates are not as excited as 2 years ago grin

OK, Let's do a nairaland poll tongue

Click share for it to be scrapped

Click like for it to remain [b](its good to serve your father's land Uh? wink)
[/b]

Even wt d free advert, pipu no still support make e remain.

And the NAYs have it! GBAM!!!

grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2015 Election Postponement- The Effect On Batch A (14) & INEC Reimbursement Fact / Female Corper: 'My Mother Made Me A Graduate With Fish Selling' / Ogun State Stops Payment Of Corp Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.