Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,227 members, 7,811,627 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:07 PM

7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities (8297 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by ncoolsome(m): 8:24am On May 21, 2017
pls what is his username on IG,twitter n facebook
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by stoic6ix: 8:39am On May 21, 2017
You just come waste space... Go add an for twitter na
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by MakeADifference: 8:44am On May 21, 2017
"The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"wink.

Matthew 1:23

TosineGuy:
I don't call Jesus God. And i will never will. I am a christian. When Jesus was on the cross, He said,'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing'. Now, we all know that Father that Jesus was referring to was God also, at the mount when Jesus was praying, he said, ' Father, if its possible let this cup pass over me not my will but your will oh Lord'
also, when they took him, he said,' i can call my Father in heaven and He will send 12 legions of angels'. There are many examples to prove all this. But most christians just follow their pastors foolishly. My pastor says it so it must be true. Even Pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo belives that Jesus is not God based on very clear examples in the word of God. Thanks
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by kings2079(m): 8:47am On May 21, 2017
Even Christians don't understand, the era of information but yet feel like those dark ages; Christianity needs a very strong revival, satan is gaining grounds once again, oh lord help us.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by CollinsMystic: 8:53am On May 21, 2017
Capableben:
I love you Jesus.. Even though i fall many times, you still give me a hand when i come to you.

contact BEEJAY ARTS on whatsapp and have yourself/loved one turned into aa lovely Cartoon today.

I will like my photos to be cartoonize
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 9:06am On May 21, 2017
GeneralOjukwu:
What evidence do have that Jesus exists except what your parents told you? Even your parents didn't see him themselves.

By the way, the image of Jesus widely used is that of an English actor, Robert Powell.

Do you know how he looks? Do you know someone who died and returned with verifiable evidence? Preferably someone who burnt to death grin.

Yet some yahoo boys have made billions from it. Theology School, here I come! Free tithes, free sex from female members of congregation while their husbands thank me for doing the Lord's work

Praise Jesus! Hallelujah! wink

How do you know Charles Darwin exist? Except what your teacher told you? Do you even know how Charles Darwin father look like?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 9:08am On May 21, 2017
huntax:
I will keep asking this question forever

Why do Christians call Jesus God?
This is the biggest blasphemy in the world and you all don't see it

God gave him the right to be called God, even Moses at one time was made to be seen as God
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 9:10am On May 21, 2017
cavi:
The reason y ppl don't follow him is because they do not see him, we're only being told his everywhere yet there is no proof of that. The one person u can always follow is urself

To you you can't feel him cause you want to scientifically prove he is there, but to us we discuss every now and then
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by ABIOLAXYZ(m): 9:12am On May 21, 2017
naijaboy756:
JESUS CHRIST!!!!

LORD,MASTER,GOD,KING,MIGHTY,EXCELLENCE PERSONFIED... The spirit and author behind the world's greatest book ever...BIBLE.

its wasn't Jesus that wrote the bible
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 9:13am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

The only foolish one here is you. God is there on his own, so pure and supreme. Then you go and liken him to a man, in flesh and blood. No demon in the world would ever say what I'm saying right now.
God alone is to be worshipped. Not Jesus, not Moses, not Elijah,not Muhammed.
God didn't come down, born by a woman, to die for the same mankind He created. You have been sold a lie, or rather, the bible has been misinterpreted. Nothing would make u sit back and think this through, so I don't expect you not to curse at me. Have at it, it won't pass your doorstep.
All humans are flawed, God is so pure to ever become one. Think about it.

The God you are talking about is the ideal God from human thinking the real God has a way of doing things
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 9:21am On May 21, 2017
walls01:

The God you are talking about is the ideal God from human thinking the real God has a way of doing things

Let's not mock God here. There are things God wouldn't bring Himself down to do. Things like becoming the same human He once regretted creating. Humans are flawed from the day of birth. We are sinners. Why would God associate Himself with sin? We all know there is nothing God can't do, but their are equally some things He won't do. Just like you imagining if He could forgive the devil.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 9:29am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

Let's not mock God here. There are things God wouldn't bring Himself down to do. Things like becoming the same human He once regretted creating. Humans are flawed from the day of birth. We are sinners. Why would God associate Himself with sin? We all know there is nothing God can't do, but their are equally some things He won't do. Just like you imagining if He could forgive the devil.

God send his begotten son Jesus down he did not come down. Many wrong interpretation of the Bible has mislead many
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 9:43am On May 21, 2017
walls01:

God send his begotten son Jesus down he did not come down. Many wrong interpretation of the Bible has mislead many
That is where your problem lies. God sent His begotten son to die for us. But you all worship this son more that the father so much that you even call him God himself.
But don't mistake my indulgence and think that I believe God actually "begot" anyone.
A supreme being like God is to be worshipped always. He doesn't beget, he only creates. He creates so as to be worshipped. That includes every bird in the air, every creeping creature, even the mountains and the seas. If he has a son, then he should logically have a wife. It is basically pointless for him to "beget" a child out of thing air (except he created him) and you can't tell me God, the Supreme being,has been existing the exact same time Jesus has been existing (except, of course again, He created him).
A lot of Christians use the verse (God created the word, and the word was God...) as a reference to Jesus and as a valid way of calling him God. I believe this verse is greatly flawed and that's the new testament isn't widely accepted as being of God.

1 Like

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 9:52am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

That is where your problem lies. God sent His begotten son to die for us. But you all worship this son more that the father so much that you even call him God himself.
But don't mistake my indulgence and think that I believe God actually "begot" anyone.
A supreme being like God is to be worshipped always. He doesn't beget, he only creates. He creates so as to be worshipped. That includes every bird in the air, every creeping creature, even the mountains and the seas. If he has a son, then he should logically have a wife. It is basically pointless for him to "beget" a child out of thing air (except he created him) and you can't tell me God, the Supreme being,has been existing the exact same time Jesus has been existing (except, of course again, He created him).
A lot of Christians use the verse (God created the word, and the word was God...) as a reference to Jesus and as a valid way of calling him God. I believe this verse is greatly flawed and that's the new testament isn't widely accepted as being of God.

God created Jesus and begot him, he send him down to teach and correct the misconception of the law, not just to die if not he would have died soon after birth.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by mrww(m): 9:57am On May 21, 2017
https://www.instagram.com/p/BUUxKTYllcE/
Just click and like this picture on Instagram
#much love
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by superbouck(m): 9:58am On May 21, 2017
you want me to follow Jesus that doesn't have Twitter account
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 10:03am On May 21, 2017
walls01:

God created Jesus and begot him, he send him down to teach and correct the misconception of the law, not just to die if not he would have died soon after birth.
Wait, God created him and begot him? Lol really? To beget is to produce, i.e, to produce a child. More like, to reproduce. Can you create a toy and beget that toy? Let's be reasonable here. The truth is right before us, but we choose to believe what the white man taught us to believe. Christmas is a lie, but it is the most celebrated holiday in the world. It's also the most sacred. But it's a lie. The real date Jesus was born has been lost in history and man rewrote history to suit himself and the world. Christmas is just a week before the new year. What an extended end of the year holiday.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 10:06am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

Wait, God created him and begot him? Lol really? To beget is to produce, i.e, to produce a child. More like, to reproduce. Can you create a toy and beget that toy? Let's be reasonable here. The truth is right before us, but we choose to believe what the white man taught us to believe. Christmas is a lie, but it is the most celebrated holiday in the world. It's also the most sacred. But it's a lie. The real date Jesus was born has been lost in history and man rewrote history to suit himself and the world. Christmas is just a week before the new year. What an extended end of the year holiday.

Please check carefully the meaning of begot in internet or dictionary
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 10:13am On May 21, 2017
walls01:

Please check carefully the meaning of begot in internet or dictionary
This is getting really tiring

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 10:16am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

This is getting really tiring

To produce, to father. That is why we are called the children of God even though he created us.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by FreshboyNeeNee(m): 10:31am On May 21, 2017
Huntax
Leave that guy jarre,he nuh even know himself
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 10:34am On May 21, 2017
walls01:

To produce, to father. That is why we are called the children of God even though he created us.
You keep tightening the noose around your neck. If we are all the children of God, the what makes Jesus so special? Why do pastors always say "praise Jesus, praise the living God"? Why do you all say Jesus is Lord over all things? Why do you all thank Jesus and worship him? Calling him king of kings and lord or lords? Let's get things straight here, most Christians are confused.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 10:37am On May 21, 2017
FreshboyNeeNee:
Huntax
Leave that guy jarre,he nuh even know himself
The guy is confused.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 10:56am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

You keep tightening the noose around your neck. If we are all the children of God, the what makes Jesus so special? Why do pastors always say "praise Jesus, praise the living God"? Why do you all say Jesus is Lord over all things? Why do you all thank Jesus and worship him? Calling him king of kings and lord or lords? Let's get things straight here, most Christians are confused.

No Christians are not confused you are not getting it. God has given Jesus all rights to everlasting life. Who do not believe in Jesus is condemned already because God has made him the judge
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 11:04am On May 21, 2017
walls01:

No Christians are not confused you are not getting it. God has given Jesus all rights to everlasting life. Who do not believe in Jesus is condemned already because God has made him the judge
How has God given Jesus rights to everlasting life? This statement makes no sense whatsoever. Why do we have to believe in Jesus to make heaven? So I live a righteous life as a Muslim, pay my tithes, help the poor and the needy, then still get to be denied heaven because I failed to believe Jesus died for my sins? Really?
So I could easily just accept Jesus Christ as my personal lord and saviour and still go on slaughtering innocent people at will and expect to make heaven simply because believe in Jesus?
Wow. Talk about being fair and just.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Gtoosmooth(m): 11:14am On May 21, 2017
I had followed Jesus if He had a twitter or instagram handle, even add Him up on Facebook, chat him up on whatsapp, but unfortunately, He doesn't do any of this.....
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 11:17am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

How has God given Jesus rights to everlasting life? This statement makes no sense whatsoever. Why do we have to believe in Jesus to make heaven? So I live a righteous life as a Muslim, pay my tithes, help the poor and the needy, then still get to be denied heaven because I failed to believe Jesus died for my sins? Really?
So I could easily just accept Jesus Christ as my personal lord and saviour and still go on slaughtering innocent people at will and expect to make heaven simply because believe in Jesus?

Any Christian that does bad things do not know Jesus, but anyone that
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 11:23am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

Any Christian that does bad things do not know Jesus and would be denied right to everlasting life, but anyone that does the things of God like the good Samaritan will be justified. The problem here is that anyone that denies that Jesus is the Lord without getting to know whether it is true or not will be condemned, more like what you are doing now, you have heard so many things about Jesus and still condemn him even though there is no first hand knowledge of who he is from you but just your thoughts is wrong
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by huntax(m): 11:40am On May 21, 2017
walls01:

Any Christian that does bad things do not know Jesus and would be denied right to everlasting life, but anyone that does the things of God like the good Samaritan will be justified. The problem here is that anyone that denies that Jesus is the Lord without getting to know whether it is true or not will be condemned, more like what you are doing now, you have heard so many things about Jesus and still condemn him even though there is no first hand knowledge of who he is from you but just your thoughts is wrong
Friend, you've got the word "condemn" a little bit mixed up here. Unless u mean me not acknowledging Jesus as God means I'm condemning him, then you've got it all wrong. What I won't accept is Jesus as my personal Lord and saviour. God almighty is my Lord and he saves me daily, so he's my Saviour also. He created me and everything else in the entire universe. He is the Greatest, He is the most supreme being. I praise and worship Him daily,not Jesus.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Honest2(m): 11:41am On May 21, 2017
The guy that post this need tiger battery to charge his brain

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by walls01: 11:46am On May 21, 2017
huntax:

Friend, you've got the word "condemn" a little bit mixed up here. Unless u mean me not acknowledging Jesus as God means I'm condemning him, then you've got it all wrong. What I won't accept is Jesus as my personal Lord and saviour. God almighty is my Lord and he saves me daily, so he's my Saviour also. He created me and everything else in the entire universe. He is the Greatest, He is the most supreme being. I praise and worship Him daily,not Jesus.

Good, but try more effort to know who Jesus is not from what people tell you or what you already know. I was an atheist before and believe don't believe there is God not knowing how lost I was. I don't believe in pastors many are not even going to make heaven. If not for the holy spirit that testified that Jesus came from God I too will not have believed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ / Don't Imitate Celebrities When You Want To Do Charitable Deeds / Praise Or Worship, Which One Do You Prefer?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.