Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,124 members, 7,811,160 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:58 AM

7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities (8294 Views)

Testimony Of How A Herbalist Who Tried To Kill Me Died Instead Of Me / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Questions For Budaatum: How Can You Follow Jesus Without Believing In Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by TosineGuy(m): 12:26pm On May 21, 2017
MakeADifference:

"The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel" (which means "God with us"wink.

Matthew 1:23

Oluwapelumi is a yoruba name, it means God is with me. Does that make the person God?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by bezimo(m): 1:53pm On May 21, 2017
In following Jesus Christ, there is no regrets.
Jesus is Lord.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by MakeADifference: 2:57pm On May 21, 2017
John 14:8–10

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?i The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority.j Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

TosineGuy:

Oluwapelumi is a yoruba name, it means God is with me. Does that make the person God?
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by Lex11(m): 6:00pm On May 21, 2017
To corroborate OPs core message...

"Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. Happy is he that hath the God of Jacob for his help, whose hope is in the Lord his God:" - Psalm 146:3-5

"Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved." - Acts 4:12
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by oladoja1(m): 8:12pm On May 21, 2017
TosineGuy:
I don't call Jesus God. And i will never will. I am a christian. When Jesus was on the cross, He said,'Father forgive them for they know not what they are doing'. Now, we all know that Father that Jesus was referring to was God also, at the mount when Jesus was praying, he said, ' Father, if its possible let this cup pass over me not my will but your will oh Lord'
also, when they took him, he said,' i can call my Father in heaven and He will send 12 legions of angels'. There are many examples to prove all this. But most christians just follow their pastors foolishly. My pastor says it so it must be true. Even Pastor Adeboye and Bishop Oyedepo belives that Jesus is not God based on very clear examples in the word of God. Thanks
Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, 6
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
clarify this, am not here to insult I came to learn
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by tydi(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2017
huntax:
I will keep asking this question forever
Why do Christians call Jesus God? This is the biggest blasphemy in the world and you all don't see it

Bros because they are trinity one God! God the Father God the Son and God the holy spirit!!!
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by tydi(m): 9:37pm On May 21, 2017
huntax:
I will keep asking this question forever
Why do Christians call Jesus God? This is the biggest blasphemy in the world and you all don't see it

Bros because they are trinity one God! God the Father God the Son and God the holy spirit!!!
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by TosineGuy(m): 10:14pm On May 21, 2017
MakeADifference:

John 14:8–10

8 Philip said, “Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us.”

9 Jesus answered: “Don’t you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, ‘Show us the Father’?

10 Don’t you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?i The words I say to you I do not speak on my own authority.j Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work.

from what you said,' John 14;10'. It is the Father living in Jesus doing the work. This shows that Jesus is the son of God and not God. Jesus is in the Father does not mean that Jesus is the Father.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by TosineGuy(m): 10:36pm On May 21, 2017
oladoja1:

Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, 6
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.
clarify this, am not here to insult I came to learn
first of all, i will start by saying that the bible makes us to understand that God has given Jesus a name above all names that at the name of Jesus all kneels shall bow. Secondly, Jesus is seated at the right hand side of God in heaven. Thirdly, we pray to God in the name of Jesus.
Now to your bible verse. God is in Jesus. So God will reveal Himself through his Son. Thats the reason for Mighty God.
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by beobehi(f): 2:14am On May 22, 2017
Awesome God
Re: 7 Reasons Why You Should Follow Jesus Instead Of Celebrities by oladoja1(m): 6:18am On May 22, 2017
TosineGuy:

first of all, i will start by saying that the bible makes us to understand that God has given Jesus a name above all names that at the name of Jesus all kneels shall bow. Secondly, Jesus is seated at the right hand side of God in heaven. Thirdly, we pray to God in the name of Jesus.
Now to your bible verse. God is in Jesus. So God will reveal Himself through his Son. Thats the reason for Mighty God.
nice one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Happens When The Heavens Are Closed? / Five Important Ways To Have Faith In Christ / Don't Imitate Celebrities When You Want To Do Charitable Deeds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.