Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (13890 Views)

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by larryscope(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Timfreds:
Am at home because of money issue.

Not Not excuse though
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by XwhY(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2017
Work work work work work

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:

he was never useful in the first place, because the type of God you're referring to doesn't exist.
2..religion doesn't always translate to God.

Can I meet/know you more please?

You're making me scared

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jfleece(m): 10:25am On Jul 02, 2017
The reason am not in church ryt now is because am having my ist baking lessons with my sister... I wanna improve on my cooking and baking skills..
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by mylander(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:
Hey pals,
Its getting clearer everyday that the number of people who do not go to church keeps hiking with every passing Sunday and when you try to inquire as to the cause of that and why they (the ones that didn't go to church) stay home, you get very hilarious and lame excuses ranging from "i woke up late" to "i don't have offering". tongue

So whats ur excuse on why you did not go to church?

Get it right. Attending church services does not make you a Christian neither does it make you righteous.

Especially these days that church services are more of a 'social gathering' than a 'sacred worship'.

Church service or 'Show-off' service?.......as it is applicable to most churches.

'Not having offering' could deter some people's attendance as well. Imagine, in churches where collection of offering is given much more emphasis than the real sermon in its entirety.
At times, you would rarely identify if the 'pastor' is even praying blessings or chanting curses when it comes to offering time. .....statements like......'you get the blessings in accordance to the amount you give' ........So what happens to someone that has less to give or someone that has none?
Afterall, offerings are diverted to Pastors' self-enrichment, all in the name of 'God'. Such are being spent on the likes of 'Stephanie Otobo' and other worldly luxuries.

Most churches, these days, preach what people want to hear. Messages and sermons are no longer divinely inspired.

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
midehill:

our God knows what is best...so Mayb starving dose kids is to guide dem against sickness
just look at what someone with a heart is saying.

I spit on religious thinking.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jonbellion(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
missyadorable:
Because It's a waste of time

99% of Nigerian Pastors are fake!

After a tedious monday to friday @ work and a busy saturday doing home chores and cooking,stepping out on sunday in the name of going to church will be a total waste of my precious time and an unnecessary stress.

The most horrible people are in the church
I swear
They will wash their face and do the same things the next week
Rinse and repeat
Fucking tired of hypocrisy

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by bigtt76(f): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
Church values have been eroded by politics, tribal sentiments, financial gains and scandals amongst others.

The people (congregation) have been made to understand the essence of being a Christian wrongly.

Someone would come now to quote "where 2 or 3 are gathered in my name, I will be there in their midst" Bible verse. Does it mean when Adeboye or Oyedepo is having his quiet time, God is not there?

If I chose to have a quiet time with God within the confines of my room away from all the actings and frivolous outing in churches, does it mean God would not listen to my needs? When we pray to God do we have to be in a congregation?

Please let's not take going to church frequently to mean it's a pre-requisite for heaven. Happy Sunday to you all

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by teemanbastos(m): 10:26am On Jul 02, 2017
I no get shoe to go to church, i no fit wear slippers go embarassed

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jonbellion(m): 10:27am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:

how far na, been inactive here for some time oo
I dey oo
Even me oo I nor dey contribute like before
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by felixomor: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:

lol, Felix Wetin?
Lol
Happy sunday,
Hope u went to church? cheesy
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by drejeje84: 10:28am On Jul 02, 2017
I was planning to go not until one bad ass chick came visiting impromtu

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Sijo01(f): 10:28am On Jul 02, 2017
Duty called!
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:29am On Jul 02, 2017
MzEddytan:

Can I meet/know you more please?

You're making me scared
please don't be afraid of me,
I'm just a human being like you.

Yes you can meet and know me more.
send a Dm if you wish.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Airforce1medic(m): 10:30am On Jul 02, 2017
Its been a year+ now since i stopped going to church

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:31am On Jul 02, 2017
felixomor:

Lol
Happy sunday,
Hope u went to church? cheesy
church?
so that private jet pastor will fall on me abi?

happy Sunday to you too.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by lepasharon(f): 10:31am On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
wow just wow
Hopefullandlord,adepter26,Hahn,lepasharon check this out
I said

Then midehill said

Lmaoo
Wow

Wait that's sarcasm right?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 02, 2017
rheether:
The Rev said if you haven't pay your dues kindly stay at home.
liar
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by teemanbastos(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:
Hey pals,
Its getting clearer everyday that the number of people who do not go to church keeps hiking with every passing Sunday and when you try to inquire as to the cause of that and why they (the ones that didn't go to church) stay home, you get very hilarious and lame excuses ranging from "i woke up late" to "i don't have offering". tongue

grew up in deeper life, never enjoyed going to church, now in school, I better stay at home than going to a church i don't enjoy their service... Yet they call me from house every Sunday to ask if I go church but na YES!.... And dem bliv I like d church.. Dem go shock wen dem Sabi

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Bamidele539: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2017
sirfee:
Because religion is the opium of the masses
ebi like say you be SOCIOLOGIST!
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by olumzzz(m): 10:32am On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:
Hey pals,

Africans sef. OP..where was it stated in d bible that u shud always attend sunday service?

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:32am On Jul 02, 2017
chores, sleeping, wankin. cool

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MOSICATED5(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2017
Because Sunday is not Sabbath the 7th day of d week God Almighty asked us to worship him
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Alitair(m): 10:33am On Jul 02, 2017
Sijo01:
Duty called!
Duty? What kind of duty above going to worship God?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Jobyruz(m): 10:34am On Jul 02, 2017
Because I just relocated to a new environment. The last one I attended, i couldn't cope with the numerous offerings
Covenant offering, pastor appreciation offering, project offering, special offering. Welfare offering. Sanctuary maintenance offering,..I think l need a break

5 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by IsheriNorthGRA: 10:35am On Jul 02, 2017
Because I'm watching over Isheri North.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Alitair(m): 10:36am On Jul 02, 2017
olumzzz:

Africans sef. OP..where was it stated in d boble that u shud always attend sunday service?

Its nt in my "boble" too... But a bible i have said something abt it in Heb 10vs25. Read up in ur spare time
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by sirfee(m): 10:37am On Jul 02, 2017
Bamidele539:
ebi like say you be SOCIOLOGIST!
It is very clear to many,religion is a scam and the reason for turmoil and chaos in the world
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by sonmvayina(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2017
I had to go....wife dragged me along..she said no Sunday kerewa for me if I don't....

I am back from first mass...still waiting for it to happen...she is watching nkssi the village whatever on African magic one thing..

5 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by missyadorable(f): 10:40am On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
I swear
They will wash their face and do the same things the next week
Rinse and repeat
Fucking tired of hypocrisy

I have studied the lifestyle in terms of morals and character of church goers and their counterparts.

Beware of religious people esp,those who claim to be christians and attend church unending.

If you want a terrible marriage,go to the church and get a partner from there.
Church people like their pastors are tooooo fake!
hypocrites!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by barng(m): 10:42am On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:
Hey pals,

WHY DID U GO TO CHURCH?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by stanfford: 10:43am On Jul 02, 2017
My car have issues, after church service so many people look forward for me to carry them, but the condition of my car right now warrant that I alone drives with no single person or any form of load, but they won't understand, so I rather stay back....fixing it tomorrow though

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Do You Want God To Do For You In This Year 2013? / The Followers Of Orisas ^ ^ / Flood Victims Rescued By Prophet Jeremiah Fufeyin Return Home (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.