Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,195 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? (13823 Views)

Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? / Why Didn't You Go To Church?? Sundays Frequently Asked Question / Why I Stormed Out Of The Church Today. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMcJay(m): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2017
peculiar32:
my church is having a combined service in its headquarters n it is far from me. I no get t. fare

Deeper Life?

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Alitair(m): 10:05am On Jul 02, 2017
Talkingboy:
[color=#000099][/color]From an Inquisitive mind . Just a Question please .

Where is it written in the Bible that you must go to church ?[b]From an Inquisitive mind . Just a Question please .

Where is it written in the Bible that you must go to church ?[/b]From an Inquisitive mind . Just a Question please .

Where is it written in the Bible that you must go to church ?

Hebrews 10 vs 25

"do not forsake the gathering of brethren as some of you are doing"

2 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 02, 2017
All I'm reading up there are unjustifiable excuses. Our God is truly a merciful God.

4 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Alitair(m): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2017
blueseacats:
when we all stop going to church most of us will eventually stop thinking like your signature.

my signature? What abt it? Don't u think going to church can make the diff?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Eportal123: 10:09am On Jul 02, 2017
I dey hustle [font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by peculiar32(f): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMcJay:

Deeper Life?
no
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Alitair(m): 10:10am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:

Not a Buddhist, but technically speaking...Buddhists do not worship a 'god' OR 'gods', but believe that by following the teachings of the Gautama Buddha (a man from India who lived some centuries ago and died in his eighties) they may achieve a certain peaceful state called Nirvana.

The teachings of a man based on what thesis? Do they pray? To who if they do and how do they do it? Enlighten me
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Amaku32: 10:10am On Jul 02, 2017
Don't have transport

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by missyadorable(f): 10:11am On Jul 02, 2017
Because It's a waste of time

99% of Nigerian Pastors are fake!

After a tedious monday to friday @ work and a busy saturday doing home chores and cooking,stepping out on sunday in the name of going to church will be a total waste of my precious time and an unnecessary stress.

The most horrible people are in the church

6 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:12am On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:

my signature? What abt it? Don't u think going to church can make the diff?
nope, there are churches every half a mile in Nigeria, yet we are one of the most morally bankrupt society in the world. Let's take a different route.

6 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by qreem231(m): 10:12am On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
Because I'm jamming to jay z's 4:44 album cool
Lol
Even if in wasn't I wouldn't go sef
Religion is a scam
that album is dope mehn!
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jyomite(m): 10:13am On Jul 02, 2017
Y
Alitair:
Hey pals,
Its getting clearer everyday that the number of people who do not go to church keeps hiking with every passing Sunday and when you try to inquire as to the cause of that and why they (the ones that didn't go to church) stay home, you get very hilarious and lame excuses ranging from "i woke up late" to "i don't have offering". tongue

So whats ur excuse on why you did not go to church?

Insufficient Funds
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:13am On Jul 02, 2017
Lalas247:
LiT Night grin
I am in recovery .. sad
undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jonbellion(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Alitair:

Buddhism is based on buddha which is believed to be the true god?

Are u a buddhist?
shocked shocked shocked

My God
This early morning
Buddha is recognized by Buddhists as an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood
Plus
The idea or concept of God is not only limited to religion which is simply saying you don't need to adhere to organised religion to believe in God
Diests believe in a God but reject religious gods
Agnostics(like myself) are uncertain about God but reject religious Gods
Atheists reject religious Gods and sometimes the idea of God entirely
Pantheists see the universe as God but reject religious Gods
As you can see most unbelievers that are not religious reject RELIGIOUS GODS i.e Jesus, Allah,Vishnu, Zeus and their pals(except the atheists who reject the idea completely lipsrsealed)
God is not bound to religion
God has no religion( if there is one)
Religion is man made

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Realhommie(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2017
Church these days dey hardly motivate person... Though i believe in God with all of me, a lover of same, I'm a nonconformist.. Too many things wrong with the church these days, i just do my thing and it's between me n God not the church..

I do try to be in church regularly but sincerely I'm losing motivation..

3 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nobody: 10:14am On Jul 02, 2017
missyadorable:

After a tedious monday to friday @ work and a busy saturday doing home chores and cooking,stepping out on sunday in the name of going to church will be a total waste of my precious time and an unnecessary stress.

coming from a lady, you are one of a kind. Only smart ones can see through the scam called church this days.

7 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:14am On Jul 02, 2017
felixomor:

Wow
Hmmmmm undecided
lol, Felix Wetin?
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Lalas247(f): 10:15am On Jul 02, 2017
emusmithy:
undecided

Na so una dey greet for your village abi undecided
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:16am On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
shocked shocked shocked

My God
This early morning
Buddha is recognized by Buddhists as an enlightened teacher who attained full Buddhahood
Plus
The idea or concept of God is not only limited to religion which is simply saying you don't need to adhere to organised religion to believe in God
Diests believe in a God but reject religious gods
Agnostics(like myself) are uncertain about God but reject religious Gods
Atheists reject religious Gods and sometimes the idea of God entirely
Pantheists see the universe as God but reject religious Gods
As you can see most unbelievers that are not religious reject RELIGIOUS GODS i.e Jesus, Allah,Vishnu, Zeus and their pals(except the atheists who reject the idea completely lipsrsealed)
God is not bound to religion
God has no religion( if there is one)
Religion is man made
Abeg give am free Sunday school teaching.
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMcJay(m): 10:16am On Jul 02, 2017
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:18am On Jul 02, 2017
9jakohai:
Felling ill today.
bros, your English ehn
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by imstrong1: 10:18am On Jul 02, 2017
hmbassey1960:
I only have twenty naira as offering and my pastor said no twenty naira is accept
if what you just said is anything to go by pls next time summon the courage and politely ask him if he has ever worked with the nigerian police.. Giving should be liberal not compulsive, the most important thing is the message and to be blessed
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:19am On Jul 02, 2017
rheether:
The Rev said if you haven't pay your dues kindly stay at home.
private jet pastor. grin
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by tunji17: 10:19am On Jul 02, 2017
Because I don't believe in God
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by larryscope(m): 10:20am On Jul 02, 2017
My own church is on mid term break

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by stalwart123(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2017
I ought to be in the church right now.
Rain says NO.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2017
missyadorable:

True

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jonbellion(m): 10:21am On Jul 02, 2017
midehill:

our God knows what is best...so Mayb starving dose kids is to guide dem against sickness
wow just wow
Hopefullandlord,adepter26,Hahn,lepasharon check this out
I said
so I suppose God would strike him with lightning but ignore other pressing matters like starving homeless kids
* sigh*
Then midehill said
our God knows what is best...so Mayb starving dose kids is to guide dem against sickness
Lmaoo
Wow

4 Likes

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Timfreds(m): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2017
Am at home because of money issue.

1 Like

Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by jonbellion(m): 10:22am On Jul 02, 2017
MrMontella:

Abeg give am free Sunday school teaching.
lol he never see anything cheesy
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by MrMontella(m): 10:23am On Jul 02, 2017
jonbellion:
lol he never see anything cheesy
how far na, been inactive here for some time oo
Re: Why Didn't You Go To Church Today? by Nutase: 10:23am On Jul 02, 2017
free2ryhme:

Who is doubting you

Why the guilt conscience
wacchasaying?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Six Things Christain Youths Should Engage In / Omobude Is The New President Of PFN / The Importance Of Family Prayer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.