Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:12 AM

Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? (1087 Views)

Women Are Very Calculative, Don't Accept Financial Assistance From Them / Lady Sits On Top Of Her Fiance To Take Selfie As He Does Press-up In Pre-wedding / Heartbroken Lady Calls On God After Loosing Her Fiance To Her Close Friend (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by virtousB: 4:58pm On May 21, 2017
Good day nairalanders.
My Fiance and I are planning on settling down soon, my problem is that my fiance is earning about 100k monthly and still seeks financial assistance from his dad occasionally and sees nothing wrong with it. He's been working for a year now. I told him to stop it cos I feel it is totally wrong for someone that's planning to settle down. Though his dad is well to do, I still feel it's wrong. This brought about an argument between us and He further said that the reason I feel it's wrong is because I have a poverty mentality, cos my parents are not really well to do
Please I need matured advice especially from married people. I intend to show him your comments. Is it right or wrong? What are the implications of doing this?
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by ikp120(m): 5:03pm On May 21, 2017
Very okay!

It's just like getting assistance from anyone else, so long as he's independent of them. You can ask someone for financial assistance without being dependent on them.

We create problems where none really exists. Leveraging on ones family background is wisdom dear.

Though my dad is one of the 100 wealthiest men in Nigeria today, I don't wanna have anything to do with him; let him enjoy whatever he's got. My biggest desire is that when I'm ready to marry, the old man would have been gone so that I could boldly tell my inlaws that my pop is fvcking gone mehn.

You're lucky to have a guy who's got it cool with his dad.

O boy Eminem too dey vex mehn. The guy no dey bite his tongue ni? Very sensible and well coordinated fast rap mehn. grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Nogodye(m): 5:08pm On May 21, 2017
So far its her dad and the dad is up to the task then she's good to go...I see nothing wrong in it.
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by pressplay411(m): 5:09pm On May 21, 2017
It's not wrong.
But he shouldnt feel comfortable and complacent cos he might not always be able to run to daddy.
He should strive to turn his 100k income to 200k, then 500k then more. All that matters is that he's ambitious and not just comfortable with his 100k salary cos daddy is there.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 21, 2017
Every man's dream is to be a boss of himself, to depend on no one, raise his head up high to shout "I made it"! "Yes! I did it". If your "Man " isn't like this, then you know what he is. A satisfied kid!. I see a spoilt brat! For him to say you seeing wrong in his actions is because of your family background speaks a lot about him. I wouldn't want to say more because I don't want to plant a seed of hatred in you.

In my own opinion, it is very wrong to "always" go back to one's parents for assistance. When you go to them everytime, it is no longer assistance but allowance. Your Man is still living on his parents' income and that isn't good enough. Yes there is everything wrong in going to your parents for assistance all the time!
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by dingbang(m): 5:18pm On May 21, 2017
How can a man earning 100k salary still be asking for financial assistance from his dad...

Hell I don't even have any job and I can't even remember asking for money from my uncles or parents... That's just a bad habit... Its in him already..
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Epositive(m): 5:23pm On May 21, 2017
ikp120:
Very okay!

It's just like getting assistance from anyone else, so long as he's independent of them. You can ask someone for financial assistance without being dependent on them.

We create problems where none really exists. Leveraging on ones family background is wisdom dear.

Though my dad is one of the 100 wealthiest men in Nigeria today, I don't wanna have anything to do with him; let him enjoy whatever he's got. My biggest desire is that when I'm ready to marry, the old man would have been gone so that I could boldly tell my inlaws that my pop is fvcking gone mehn.

You're lucky to have a guy who's got it cool with his dad.

O boy Eminem too dey vex mehn. The guy no dey bite his tongue ni? Very sensible and well coordinated fast rap mehn. grin grin grin grin grin

Your last line tho grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

#teamslimshady

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by ikp120(m): 5:31pm On May 21, 2017
Epositive:

Your last line tho grin cheesy grin grin cheesy

#teamslimshady
O boy I'm in love with that guy's flow mehn.

I guess his childhood background was quite messed up for him to dey vex like that and still sound sensible, intelligent and highly coordinated.

I fell in love with his flow the first day I listened to one of his songs. I just dey search for his songs everywhere since that day. grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Epositive(m): 5:32pm On May 21, 2017
ikp120:
O boy I'm in love with that guy's flow mehn.

I guess his childhood background was quite messed up for him to dey vex like that and still sound sensible, intelligent and highly coordinated.

I fell in love with his flow the first day I listened to one of his songs. I just dey search for his songs everywhere since that day. grin grin grin grin

Eminem is a free-minded person, he draws inspiration from anything or everything around him cool
Hope you understand his lyrics tho cheesy wink

#joking

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Terryindeed: 5:35pm On May 21, 2017
First and foremost, what's your problem with him asking his dad for help? Will he ask your dad? Or can you assist him? If you can , he won't ask his dad. See a lot of ladies sit there and judge men for reasons they don't know half of it. There's only one person he can turn to on earth, who ? His Dad. Bcus he will never judge him, he will never make him feel less, he's working but his dad still help when he needs it, unlike some fathers as soon as the child is making money, they will shoulder all responsibilities to him. Please let him be, it's not bad for parent / dad to assist bcus you are working, the father and son relationship is still in existence. The 100k is not enough that's why he goes back to his dad. Have you seen families where the father , fit the bill for the wedding and set up a company for the family? Mhen that's family, his dad can go to the end of the earth to help is son, but can an outsider do it for him? Can you ?. Don't judge him bcus you want to become part of his life. The most important is family. Let him ask whenever and if his dad can help, let him help. There's nothing like family.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by ikp120(m): 5:42pm On May 21, 2017
Epositive:

Eminem is a free-minded person, he draws inspiration from anything or everything around him cool
Hope you understand his lyrics tho cheesy wink

#joking
Lol. Sure I understand his lyrics very well.

Very sensible and real talk. I'm yet to listen to a senseless song of his. Very intelligent guy. grin. grin
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by virtousB: 5:47pm On May 21, 2017
Terryindeed:
First and foremost, what's your problem with him asking his dad for help? Will he ask your dad? Or can you assist him? If you can , he won't ask his dad. See a lot of ladies sit there and judge men for reasons they don't know half of it. There's only one person he can turn to on earth, who ? His Dad. Bcus he will never judge him, he will never make him feel less, he's working but his dad still help when he needs it, unlike some fathers as soon as the child is making money, they will shoulder all responsibilities to him. Please let him be, it's not bad for parent / dad to assist bcus you are working, the father and son relationship is still in existence. The 100k is not enough that's why he goes back to his dad. Have you seen families where the father , fit the bill for the wedding and set up a company for the family? Mhen that's family, his dad can go to the end of the earth to help is son, but can an outsider do it for him? Can you ?. Don't judge him bcus you want to become part of his life. The most important is family. Let him ask whenever and if his dad can help, let him help. There's nothing like family.
My concern is that I don't want a situation whereby his family will be controlling him in the future when he's married. I want him to be in charge of his life!
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by virtousB: 5:47pm On May 21, 2017
ikp120:
Lol. Sure I understand his lyrics very well.

Very sensible and real talk. I'm yet to listen to a senseless song of his. Very intelligent guy. grin. grin
you guys are derailing my thread o
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Nobody: 5:50pm On May 21, 2017
virtousB:
Good day nairalanders.
My Fiance and I are planning on settling down soon, my problem is that my fiance is earning about 100k monthly and still seeks financial assistance from his dad occasionally and sees nothing wrong with it. He's been working for a year now. I told him to stop it cos I feel it is totally wrong for someone that's planning to settle down. Though his dad is well to do, I still feel it's wrong. This brought about an argument between us and He further said that the reason I feel it's wrong is because I have a poverty mentality, cos my parents are not really well to do
Please I need matured advice especially from married people. I intend to show him your comments. Is it right or wrong? What are the implications of doing this?
Do u assist him financially when he's broke? Does his father interfere in your relationship? Why not mind your business if you know u can't support him financially.
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by eyinjuege: 5:50pm On May 21, 2017
If not his dad, then who's own?

Most parents that can afford to, help their children till they can get on their feet.

God bless them.

But he has to start learning to stand on his own, and how to manage his finances. I hope you're also earning something on your own.
It takes good planning and discipline to properly manage one's finances
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by ikp120(m): 5:52pm On May 21, 2017
virtousB:
you guys are derailing my thread o
Oh, I'm sorry for that.
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by jashar(f): 5:56pm On May 21, 2017
Hmmm...

For how long will he continue?

Are you sure he's ready to settle down?
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by kokoA(m): 5:57pm On May 21, 2017
There is nothing wrong with that. It is only wrong if his parents are poor village farmers who are struggling to survive, else if one doesn't run to Daddy/Mummy when things get rough then who will they run to? My parents won't even let you get to that point, seems they have this magic of knowing when all is not well. grin My dear, this is Nigeria, things are really difficult even for hard working people and the only people who can understand you without judging are your parents.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Burgerlomo: 8:40pm On May 21, 2017
That's not bad at all as far as he's not totally depend on his dad for living, and more so his dad is well to do.
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by bibijay123(f): 9:51pm On May 21, 2017
Some adults see noting wrong in taking money from their parents even when they are doing fine. I think he's just a spoilt baby. If the dad is not complaining let him keep taking money from his old man if his conscience can take it.

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by carbonado(m): 9:59pm On May 21, 2017
Hi @ OP, i basically do not get it, you said he earns 100k a month, but he still get assistance from his father, so how is that a problem, who is he suppose to get assistance from, YOU, which is not a bad idea if he is broke, the only thing is you guys are not married yet. How much is 100 k. Do you think with 100 k salary and without cutting corners or assistance from nowhere,he can afford a 2 bedroom apartment in a good area in lagos for example, if you guys decide to settle down today, if you factor feeding, transportation e.t.c in. You said, you do not want them to control him, sweetheart, if he was the breadwinner of the family and they want to control him , they will, is your father in-law to be giving you problems or anything...Why are u insecure. Please do not create unnecessary friction between you and you boo, and yes people earning way more, get assistance from their parents if need be. It is good to be independent, i get you, but assistance from the people that brought him to planet earth is not wrong, provided they are in the position to give such assistance.
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Nobody: 10:08pm On May 21, 2017
How about having the perspective that maybe your expectations of him have put him under pressure financial pressure. Are you contributing financially to your pending nuptials you know 30 maybe 40% of the budget or is it all on him? Men have anxieties as well you know. You can't just say stop asking your father for money will you help him if he is short?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by virtousB: 10:28pm On May 21, 2017
Raine80:
How about having the perspective that maybe your expectations of him have put him under pressure financial pressure. Are you contributing financially to your pending nuptials you know 30 maybe 40% of the budget or is it all on him? Men have anxieties as well you know. You can't just say stop asking your father for money will you help him if he is short?
I'm not putting him under any pressure whatsoever. I'm also working. He's asking for money for his personal use, nuptials is not so soon, so it's out of it.
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Nobody: 10:38pm On May 21, 2017
virtousB:
I'm not putting him under any pressure whatsoever. I'm also working. He's asking for money for his personal use, nuptials is not so soon, so it's out of it.
Listen lady your critic is pressure, you are intending on marrying him he gets help from his parents they can always say no but they don't you can't put yourself in the middle of that relationship. So let's say he listens to you and stops he tells his father my fiancée told me to stop now you have issues with your in-laws. What happens when as a married couple you need help? Their help will that be acceptable to you?

They are his parents some battles even if you do not approve you need to step back. Or maybe it's a case of you wanting to control him? Those are the subliminal vibes you are giving and you are also quite defensive. A passive aggressive personality maybe?

1 Like

Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Nobody: 11:08pm On May 21, 2017
He further said that the reason I feel it's wrong is because I have a poverty mentality, cos my parents are not really well to do [color=#770077][/color]

#Extreme
Re: Is It Okay For My Fiance To Receive Financial Assistance From His Dad? by Nobody: 11:12pm On May 21, 2017
dingbang:
How can a man earning 100k salary still be asking for financial assistance from his dad...

Hell I don't even have any job and I can't even remember asking for money from my uncles or parents... That's just a bad habit... Its in him already..

hmmmm so u have no job huh?

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

7 Things Only Men In Love Desire In Bed / SEX STORY: Daddy, Watch Your Girl Become A Woman / 33yes, Single, Yoruba And Hard Working: Needs A Wife.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.