Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,776 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread - Education (149) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread (269077 Views)

UTME 2017: JAMB Clarifies Position, Says Awaiting Results Candidates Can Apply / Download 2017 JAMB Brochure/syllabus Online In PDF File Now / 2017 Jamb Examination: Registration Commences Wednesday 15th Of March 2017. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (184) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 10:17am On Aug 04, 2017
Ebbisco:
Please I need advice on what course or institution to change to with a jamb score of 197 and the following grades in waec : eng c, physics c, bio c, maths b, chem b, economics b, data processing b, civil a.
The initial school is futo and the course applied is mech engineering.
Education and Physics in futo
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dekay14(m): 10:23am On Aug 04, 2017
Diastone:
and there was no further requirements....

Not at all, just a Mastercard/Visa ATM Card, and the Sim you get alert on.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dekay14(m): 10:24am On Aug 04, 2017
Diastone:
meaning i dont need to go to the bank

I have done it twice.

The first was mine and I didnt go to the bank.

The second was a friend, and she had to go to the bank because she didn't have an available ATM Card and mine was out of funds.

So I believe you don't need to go to the bank!
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by SamJel(m): 10:49am On Aug 04, 2017
Hello,op, I Scored 289 in JAMB UTME with 2C4,2C5, 1C6 in the relevant subjects and I am seeking admission to study accounting in UNIABUJA.
Am I safe or do I need to change to any less competitive course or university?
what is opinion?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by jjk24(m): 11:32am On Aug 04, 2017
dekay14:

I have done it twice.

The first was mine and I didnt go to the bank.

The second was a friend, and she had to go to the bank because she didn't have an available ATM Card and mine was out of funds.

So I believe you don't need to go to the bank!
yes u dont need to go any where really of you have an atm card but pls note d best way to generate d rrr is by going tru d registration tab.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Xcellente: 12:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
Guys, please is there any difference between the payment for data correction and change of name?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dekay14(m): 12:49pm On Aug 04, 2017
Xcellente:
Guys, please is there any difference between the payment for data correction and change of name?

There is difference,

For Change of Course/Institution, Gender correction and State/LGA correction follow the registration tab > UTME Data Correction

But for Names Correction, Date of Birth Correction and Passport Correction follow the Application for Data Correction > Names/Date of Birth/Passport Correction and proceed.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 1:00pm On Aug 04, 2017
SamJel:
Hello,op, I Scored 289 in JAMB UTME with 2C4,2C5, 1C6 in the relevant subjects and I am seeking admission to study accounting in UNIABUJA.
Am I safe or do I need to change to any less competitive course or university?
what is opinion?
You Are Not safe because u are already in the safe..You have done A Good one bro, it remains your Reward, Come Sit in d vip zone We gats A space for you in the Admission train.

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by SamJel(m): 1:27pm On Aug 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:

You Are Not safe because u are already in the safe..You have done A Good one bro, it remains your Reward, Come Sit in d vip zone We gats A space for you in the Admission train.

Thanks,man, I AM encouraged.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by GreatAchiever1: 1:51pm On Aug 04, 2017
Can one use his mobile phone to do d change of course
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dennisworld1(m): 1:52pm On Aug 04, 2017
have done the change of intitution successfully, but i want to change the local goverment of origin do i have to pay another 2500 again
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 2:02pm On Aug 04, 2017
GreatAchiever1:
Can one use his mobile phone to do d change of course
It may be slow, use a PC instead.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
dennisworld1:
have done the change of intitution successfully, but i want to change the local goverment of origin do i have to pay another 2500 again
Where did u do Your COC?, your desk, or a cbt centre?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by berryblake(f): 2:03pm On Aug 04, 2017
dekay14:

There is difference,

For Change of Course/Institution, Gender correction and State/LGA correction follow the registration tab > UTME Data Correction

But for Names Correction, Date of Birth Correction and Passport Correction follow the Application for Data Correction > Names/Date of Birth/Passport Correction and proceed.

there was a mistake in my DOB instead of 28feb they wrote 27 and I also want to change my course
does that mean that I have to pay for that 2500 twice
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by GreatAchiever1: 2:16pm On Aug 04, 2017
will d change of course portal still be open on Monday so I go go CBT centre
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by fejikudz(m): 2:19pm On Aug 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:

Kina New To PH, Stays At Stadium Rd, U know that side?
I know dat side sha..
I'm even new here, came to do some stuff
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 2:28pm On Aug 04, 2017
fejikudz:
I know dat side sha..
I'm even new here, came to do some stuff
Just mail me, we need to rub Some grey matters together here
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 2:29pm On Aug 04, 2017
GreatAchiever1:
will d change of course portal still be open on Monday so I go go CBT centre
The uncertainty Of the Portal requires Urgency, it may be open till monday, and as well it might not be opened till monday, it can fall anywr.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dennisworld1(m): 2:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
my laptop
chukwukapromise:
Where did u do Your COC?, your desk, or a cbt centre?
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dennisworld1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 04, 2017
wants to change the lga. they are requesting me to pay another 2500
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by chukwukapromise(m): 2:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
dennisworld1:
wants to change the lga. they are requesting me to pay another 2500
Yeah, U need pay another 2500, as a diffferent RRR is needed for that.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dennisworld1(m): 2:48pm On Aug 04, 2017
embarassed embarassed embarassed all this people thief pass jona o suo. any changes pay
chukwukapromise:
Yeah, U need pay another 2500, as a diffferent RRR is needed for that.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by GreatAchiever1: 3:38pm On Aug 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:
It may be slow, use a PC instead.
Owk, thanks, might go to a CBT centre 2morrow to change it myself...
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by nelszx: 4:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:

-Dentistry and Dental surgery
Well this course is not Much applied By candidate as The Relevance of It is hidden to some people..People Refers to it as "Oh!, you mean the guy that does the teeth stuff?", But they Dont know about Maxilofacial Aspect of it, Infact it Do Share the same governing body As medicine, And they share the same course with Medics, only Just Dat medics dont Do Facial Things, and Dentist dont do Preganacy/women Stuffs.

-Medical biochemistry
This Is a derivative of Your pre-medical years, it does'nt have much competition in it, Deals With the Chemistry Of Biological Activities, Medical biochemist Are also Found in d hospital, Your 240 will buy that clean and smooth.

-Physiology
This Is Core of Medicine, as it relate to d Functions Of Every single Constitue of The Human complexity, Your Get to have the name Physician after sucessive completion of the program, U can Be a doctor right hand man, as your knowledge in physiology, Gives you A Ground In Bodily functions and Diagnosis...Your 240 Would buy D Course, and Leave you with a Change of 100.

-Science Laboratory Technology Medical Laboratory Science
I Like to call is MLS(medical laboratory science), This are the Clinical Parasites, They Are Married to Chemical reagents, and sopisticated Apoaratus, They Are the Diagnosers, They Do all the Test work in D lab, And the Doctors just only Touch d Patients here and There, and Hey! D patients is Whole, and D doctors Take all the Glory. They Are The Most Cool Docs In d Hospital, Just Handles Some Serum, and Some gadget, And a whole lot of Cash Floods into their acct..They Also Repairs, sells medical power tool, They Share boundaries with medicine And Engineering, And Your 240 will just Sway you into Deir domain..

So You Can Take Any of Them, Although we still Have d likes of Anatomy, Microbiology, Zoology and D rest, but Dat no good for you man.

U need help me dude, Am kina Lost In PH, ur Whatsapp tis full of Webs, could'nt Get A response from you..Where in PH do you stay?

Medical Laboratory Science is far and a completely different course from Science laboratory technology with nothing connected or related (miles apart). The former is a professional degree awarding course (BMLS) that deals with health while the latter is a OND/HND/Bachelors of science/ technology (BSc/BTech) program that is industrial and science related.
Don't confuse both if you are confused just Google to get facts ehn

1 Like

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Xcellente: 4:44pm On Aug 04, 2017
Yesterday, i went to a cbt centre to change my name(just to remove my middle name because it is not included in ssce and other credentials), the cbt agent reffered me to any cyber cafe' to generate the rrr code, that he was too busy to do that. I went to a cyber cafe as instructed by the cbt agent and was charged 500 naira, i showed the guy and told him that i wanted to change/edit my name, he nodded as if he understood what i said. I took the rrr code he generated to the bank and paid the money as supposed. Today i went to the cbt centre to make the corrections, guess what, the cbt agent told that i only paid for change of lga, gender and course/intituition. Please who do you think is to be blamed? My hard earned money GONE!!!
dekay14:

There is difference,

Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by KENNY6937(m): 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2017
192 with 2B'S AND 3C'S GOING FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATICS IN FUOTUKE BAYELSA WHAT ARE MY CHANCES, HOPE AM GUD TO GO
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dennisworld1(m): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2017
yes. they need students. they even takes second choice
KENNY6937:
192 with 2B'S AND 3C'S GOING FOR COMPUTER SCIENCE AND INFORMATICS IN FUOTUKE BAYELSA WHAT ARE MY CHANCES, HOPE AM GUD TO GO
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by dekay14(m): 5:31pm On Aug 04, 2017
Xcellente:
Yesterday, i went to a cbt centre to change my name(just to remove my middle name because it is not included in ssce and other credentials), the cbt agent reffered me to any cyber cafe' to generate the rrr code, that he was too busy to do that. I went to a cyber cafe as instructed by the cbt agent and was charged 500 naira, i showed the guy and told him that i wanted to change/edit my name, he nodded as if he understood what i said. I took the rrr code he generated to the bank and paid the money as supposed. Today i went to the cbt centre to make the corrections, guess what, the cbt agent told that i only paid for change of lga, gender and course/intituition. Please who do you think is to be blamed? My hard earned money GONE!!!

Ooh, sorry.

Cyber Cafes administrator are sometimes very careless (some of them tho).

But from experience, blaming the cyber cafe guy wont be any productive (as he cant pay you back your money)

The CBT agent suppose to be able to generate the rrr code for you as this is the main process in the correction of whatever you want (except if you are not paying him)

But what's done is done, so I'll advice you just generate another RRR (the appropriate one this time from a good Cyber Cafe) and forget the bad one, whats done is done already!.

berryblake:

there was a mistake in my DOB instead of 28feb they wrote 27 and I also want to change my course
does that mean that I have to pay for that 2500 twice

Miss from the above you can see that there is surely big difference, you will have to pay for either you are doing but you need to be careful not to pay for the wrong one.

Goodluck
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by seanwilliam(m): 6:05pm On Aug 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Coming to the climax of Jamb utme examination, there are HIGH's and LOW's, Shattered Dream and Acheived Success, Hopefulness and Hopelessness......These are time where alternatives are sought for, Plan B is created, and lots of questions are asked.

No sooner will the change of course/institution form be out! Some jambites look unto this as their only HOPE of securing admission!.

Mistakes they say is "inevitable but can be corrected". here is the chance to correct your mistake!.

These moment are critical moment, and one must need ask a lot of questions!.

So this platform provide a means of question asking and answering. Feel free to post your questions and be sure to get answers from experts!
hello sir...please is the change of course/institution form still on? Because I wanted to obtain for the form on my phone but whenever I click on application for correction of data, it always brings me back to homepage.......
And btw.. I applied to unilag, for English-language..my jamb score is 214...
My 0level goes..... english C5 math C5 literature c5 government C4 crs c4...I'm from oyo state... nd d way things r going I tink I dnt stand abetter chance so im planning to opt for history and strategic studies...
crs,english, literature and government are my subject combination in jamb...does it match with this course I'm switching to? Do I stand a chance in there? Sorry for much questions...please I need a swift response as dat effects my move......
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by GreatAchiever1: 6:34pm On Aug 04, 2017
seanwilliam:
hello sir...please is the change of course/institution form still on? Because I wanted to obtain for the form on my phone but whenever I click on application for correction of data, it always brings me back to homepage.......
And btw.. I applied to unilag, for English-language..my jamb score is 214...
My 0level goes..... english C5 math C5 literature c5 government C4 crs c4...I'm from oyo state... nd d way things r going I tink I dnt stand abetter chance so im planning to opt for history and strategic studies...
crs,english, literature and government are my subject combination in jamb...does it match with this course I'm switching to? Do I stand a chance in there? Sorry for much questions...please I need a swift response as dat effects my move......
it bringing u bk to d homepage is from ur fone,u need to do d change with a PC, nd i think u can also change it with an android fone using google chrome.
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by berryblake(f): 6:36pm On Aug 04, 2017
Miss from the above you can see that there is surely big difference, you will have to pay for either you are doing but you need to be careful not to pay for the wrong one.

Goodluck[/quote]

what I'm thinking is to change my course
then if I'm given admission then I should go for affidavit for the mistake in DOB
Re: 2017 JAMB Change Of Course/Institution Thread by Ebbisco(f): 7:01pm On Aug 04, 2017
chukwukapromise:
Education and Physics in futo
please, is there any other course in another institution?

(1) (2) (3) ... (146) (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) ... (184) (Reply)

2020/2021 UNIPORT Admission Thread Guide / University Of Lagos Post-UTME 2012/2013/admissions - UNILAG / University Of Abuja 2011/2012 Post Ume And Admission Update.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.