Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,426 members, 7,830,135 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. (3024 Views)

Pretty Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Goes Viral (Photos) / What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. / PLEASE HELP, Will My Marriage Be A Mistake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 23, 2017
Have you ever thought some people's, albeit very few, lack of support of inter-tribal marriage is not tribalistic? Through this thread, I'll share with you the dangers of inter-tribal marriage and the fact that these dangers inform their lack of support of inter-tribal marriage.

(1) Erosion Of Culture: When men from one tribe consistently marry women from another, the culture of the women's tribe will ultimately be weakened and forgotten as the children will imbibe the father's culture.

(2) Loss Of Genes: When men from a tribe marry women from another on a regular basis, the genes of the women's tribe will be adversely affected as the genes of the fathers will be dominant in the children. Over time, there may be a complete loss of the genes of the women's tribe.

(3) Transfer Of Low I.Q: If there is an inherent low IQ in the genes of a tribe and men from that tribe consistently marry women from another tribe and since the child takes more genes from the father, the low IQ in the father's tribe will be transferred to the child.

(4) Transfer Of Peculiar Health Problems : If men consistently marry women from another tribe and there are peculiar health problems to the tribe of the men, those health problems might be passed on to the children.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by MChoc24(f): 1:15pm On May 23, 2017
This is so absurd

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 23, 2017
What has IQ got to do with tribe?. Your write-up is flawed.

3 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by ciscoxx(m): 1:17pm On May 23, 2017
So Igbo must marry Igbo? Guy abeg u try but as for me n my fellow brotherhood any were we locate our love we go follow.

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 1:22pm On May 23, 2017
Inter tribal marriage does not weaken culture, rather it strengthens it.

No culture remains dormant, it adopts from other cultures to grow.

Loss of genes?

Transfer of low I. Q?

op, you must be high on something.

2 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 1:27pm On May 23, 2017
kimbra:
What has IQ got to do with tribe?. Your write-up is flawed.
That you think one of the points is flawed does not mean the whole write-up is flawed. Plus, I really wish I could expand on the correlation between low IQ in a gene and how it can be passed on to the children. But this is simple as the children will take more of the genes of the father.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Splinz(m): 1:29pm On May 23, 2017
This write-up is not only flawed but poses the real danger to our very existence, first as humans and then, a direct attack of other cultures outside of the writer's domain.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Oyindidi(f): 2:45pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
That you think one of the points is flawed does not mean the whole write-up is flawed. Plus, I really wish I could expand on the correlation between low IQ in a gene and how it can be passed on to the children. But this is simple as the children will take more of the genes of the father.
All the points are flawed. EOD

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 23, 2017
Oyindidi:
All the points are flawed. EOD
How? Conclusion without at least a premise!
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 2:53pm On May 23, 2017
Splinz:
This write-up is not only flawed but poses the real danger to our very existence, first as humans and then, a direct attack of other cultures outside of the writer's domain.
Flawed? You may be right. But why?
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Oyindidi(f): 2:56pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
How? Conclusion without at least a premise!
Come up with other points. Why are you against inter-tribal marriage?
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 3:02pm On May 23, 2017
Oyindidi:
Come up with other points. Why are you against inter-tribal marriage?
I'm not against inter-tribal marriage. Me that I am Yoruba and I seriously want to marry an Igbo lady?!
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by queenDD(f): 3:07pm On May 23, 2017
I was hoping to see tangible points but the ones you raised aren't tangible enough.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Oyindidi(f): 3:08pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
I'm not against inter-tribal marriage. Me that I am Yoruba and I seriously want to marry an Igbo lady?!
Okay... I prefer intertribal marriage too. Can't marry from my tribe especially my Village. Even my obedient children won't marry from there.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 3:15pm On May 23, 2017
queenDD:
I was hoping to see tangible points but the ones you raised aren't tangible enough.
I hope you know that that the points are not tangible enough means they are at least tangible?
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 23, 2017
padiga047:
Inter tribal marriage does not weaken culture, rather it strengthens it. How?

No culture remains dormant, it adopts from other cultures to grow. How?

Loss of genes?

Transfer of low I. Q?

op, you must be high on something
How? You cannot discredit a concussion without evidence. You can't say, for example, it strengthens culture without saying how!
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
How?
firstly, any culture that remains dormant will be eroded with time, that is why cultures borrow from other cultures to fill the loop holes they have in theirs.

For instance, the Igbo people may have a particular tradition that they hold dear, but after encounter with another culture, e. g Yoruba either through intermarriage, trade or war.
They find out that their own tradition is particularly lacking in that area and needs to improve and they may adopt that tribe's method.

Some even adopt words from different cultures to identify things that had been hirtheto foreign to them. (Igbos are particularly good at that.)

The last three instances you mentioned are particular to individuals and not to tribes.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 23, 2017
Transfer of low iQ grin solasolasola, you dey crazy.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 3:44pm On May 23, 2017
Limescale:
Transfer of low iQ grin solasolasola, you dey crazy.
I lie? grin
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 3:59pm On May 23, 2017
padiga047:
The last three instances you mentioned are particular to individuals and not to tribes.
But if the individual men have health problems peculiar to their tribe, they pass on the genes and subsequently the health problems. Let's assume epilepsy is peculiar to a tribe, their men will ultimately pass it, if it's contagious, to their offspring.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:02pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
Have you ever thought some people's, albeit very few, lack of support of inter-tribal marriage is not tribalistic? Through this thread, I'll share with you the dangers of inter-tribal marriage and the fact that these dangers inform their lack of support of inter-tribal marriage.

(1) Erosion Of Culture: When men from one tribe consistently marry women from another, the culture of the women's tribe will ultimately be weakened and forgotten as the children will imbibe the father's culture.
This is not entirely true na, haba. Matter of fact, it is the culture of men's tribe that's more likely to be weakened as Kids tend to be more closer and spend more time around their mother than their father.

(2) Loss Of Genes: When men from a tribe marry women from another on a regular basis, the genes of the women's tribe will be adversely affected as the genes of the fathers will be dominant in the children. Over time, there may be a complete loss of the genes of the women's tribe.
Paternal genes may be dominant than maternal ones, but that doesn't mean it can entirely wipe it out.

(3) Transfer Of Low I.Q: If there is an inherent low IQ in the genes of a tribe and men from that tribe consistently marry women from another tribe and since the child takes more genes from the father, the low IQ in the father's tribe will be transferred to the child.
Genes only play a part, and infact, mothers play major roles in this than fathers when it comes to inheritance.

(4) Transfer Of Peculiar Health Problems : If men consistently marry women from another tribe and there are peculiar health problems to the tribe of the men, those health problems might be passed on to the children.
This goes both ways oga. How can a whole tribe have a peculiar health problem though?

©YBR
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:03pm On May 23, 2017
Op imagine how grounded your children will be if they get the best from two cultures.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:04pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
But if the individual men have health problems peculiar to their tribe, they pass on the genes and subsequently the health problems. Let's assume epilepsy is peculiar to a tribe, their men will ultimately pass it, if it's contagious, to their offspring.
THERE IS NO HEALTH CONDITION PECULIAR TO ANY TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by MrOkekeMunachi: 4:04pm On May 23, 2017
[s]
solasolasola:

[/s]

The contents of your brain is as worthless as the contents in a septic tank

3 Likes

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:08pm On May 23, 2017
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:09pm On May 23, 2017
padiga047:
firstly, any culture that remains dormant will be eroded with time, that is why cultures borrow from other cultures to fill the loop holes they have in theirs.

For instance, the Igbo people may have a particular tradition that they hold dear, but after encounter with another culture, e. g Yoruba either through intermarriage, trade or war.
They find out that their own tradition is particularly lacking in that area and needs to improve and they may adopt that tribe's method.

Some even adopt words from different cultures to identify things that had been hirtheto foreign to them. (Igbos are particularly good at that.)

Very good point(s). But that is an advantage of inter-tribal marriage as any one thing that has advantages may also have disadvantages. But here, I have only focused on the dangers waiting to happen if care is not taken concerning inter-tribal marriage.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:11pm On May 23, 2017
MrOkekeMunachi:
[s][/s]

The contents of your brain is as worthless as the contents in a septic tank
grin Bruv, the content of a septic tank is not entirely useless, don't know about his brain though.

©YBR

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
Very good point(s). But that is an advantage of inter-tribal marriage as any one thing that has advantages may also have disadvantages. But here, I have only focused on the dangers waiting to happen if care is not taken concerning inter-tribal marriage.
you must be pessimistic person to think that there must be problems with inter tribal marriage.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by MrOkekeMunachi: 4:14pm On May 23, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
grin Bruv, the content of a septic tank is not entirely useless, don't know about his brain though.

©YBR
totally agreed.

1 Like

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:15pm On May 23, 2017
padiga047:
THIS IS NO HEALTH CONDITION PECULIAR TO ANY TRIBE!!!!!!!!!!!! !
This disease is given as a hypothetical one. You can check out this link about Tuberculosis or so that is a disease peculiar to a tribe somewhere: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4510762/
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:21pm On May 23, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
This is not entirely true na, haba. Matter of fact, it is the culture of men's tribe that's more likely to be weakened as Kids tend to be more closer and spend more time around their mother than their father.

Paternal genes may be dominant than maternal ones, but that doesn't mean it can entirely wipe it out.

Genes only play a part, and infact, mothers play major roles in this than fathers when it comes to inheritance.

This goes both ways oga. [b]How can a whole tribe have a peculiar health problem though?

©YBR[/b]
Intelligent your point that it goes both ways but I have only looked at the dangers for now. wink There is this link about a tribe having a peculiar disease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4510762/
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
This disease is given as a hypothetical one. You can check out this link about Tuberculosis or so that is a disease peculiar to a tribe somewhere: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4510762/
Tuberculosis was found to be prevalent in a particular tribe in india, does that mean there are none outside that tribe suffering from Tuberculosis? No.

If you marry somebody from that tribe who doesn't have Tuberculosis, what are the chances of affecting you? 0%

Tuberculosis may be prevalent in that area because of

1)Environmental conditions and government neglect.

Conditions are not inherent in tribe, but may be peculiar to individuals.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is The Most Handsome Male On Nairaland? / I Think I Have Caught The Attention Of NL Mods / 16 NAIRALAND PROPHECY 2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.