Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,449 members, 7,846,878 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 05:21 AM

The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. (3036 Views)

Pretty Nigerian Lady With Tribal Marks Goes Viral (Photos) / What Is Your Take On Inter-tribal Marriage. / PLEASE HELP, Will My Marriage Be A Mistake? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 23, 2017
padiga047:
Tuberculosis was found to be prevalent in a particular tribe in india, does that mean there are none outside that tribe suffering from Tuberculosis? No.

If you marry somebody from that tribe who doesn't have Tuberculosis, what are the chances of affecting you? 0%

Tuberculosis may be prevalent in that area because of

1)Environmental conditions and government neglect.

That is why I repeat, conditions are peculiar to individuals and not inherent in tribe.
The people are from a tribe. The people are plagued with a contagious disease: Tuberculosis. They pass it somehow...
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:37pm On May 23, 2017
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:41pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
The people are from a tribe. The people are plagued with a contagious disease: Tuberculosis. They pass it somehow...
Before you say the people are plagued by Tuberculosis,

What causes Tuberculosis?

tuberculosis is a bacteria spread from person to person through microscopic droplets released in the air.

This is an environmental condition, majorly caused by government neglect.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by kaziblake(f): 4:41pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
How? Conclusion without at least a premise!
Rubbish!
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:45pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
Intelligent your point that it goes both ways but I have only looked at the dangers for now. wink There is this link about a tribe having a peculiar disease: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4510762/
It is not the whole tribe. Those folks have limited access to proper health care, and TB is a communicable disease. It's not something they are born with, and it can't even be passed genetically.

©YBR
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:47pm On May 23, 2017
solasolasola:
YoungBlackRico and padiga047, thanks for the intellectual exchange. You guys argue in an intellectual manner(This is my conclusion for now about how you argue) and I appreciate but for some other trolls who jump on threads to insult, it is really pathetic, shameless, and uncouth of a nation of PEOPLE AND I HAVE RESOLVED TO DEACTIVATE.
Unto wetin na? That's a little bit extreme if you ask me.

©YBR
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 23, 2017
YoungBlackRico:
It is not the whole tribe. Those folks have limited access to proper health care, and TB is a communicable disease. It's not something they are born with, and it can't even be passed genetically.

©YBR
Other diseases may just be genetically contagious but I can't lay my hands on one now.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by YoungBlackRico(m): 4:52pm On May 23, 2017
Other diseases may just be genetically contagious but I can't lay my hands on one now.
Please do share when you find one, I'm eager to know.

©YBR
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by mexite: 4:53pm On May 23, 2017
Please don't be too harsh on the OP, his points though may be fallacious. Even the contents of a septic tank are valuable, think biogas.
MrOkekeMunachi:
[s][/s]

The contents of your brain is as worthless as the contents in a septic tank
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 4:56pm On May 23, 2017
Solasolasola, please clarify: is this a sarcastic thread?
Your points are subtly hinting that it might be, but I don't want to make any false assumptions again, before I comment on the matter.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by mekybabe1: 4:56pm On May 23, 2017
Makes no sense.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by MrOkekeMunachi: 5:01pm On May 23, 2017
mexite:

Please don't be too harsh on the OP, his points may though fallacious. Even the contents of a septic tank are valuable, think biogas.
a septic tank is chiefly where solid wastes in form of shiit or faeces and sewage is disintegrated by bacteria for disinfection.

So the purpose of a septic tank is good. But its content is shiit and sewage. That's OP's brain.

He's a tribal bigot.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Nobody: 5:26pm On May 23, 2017
As far as I'm concerned the most beautiful girls I've met are products of inter-tribal marriage.

The ass of the yoruba's and the cooking skills of the calabar.

or the

demeanor of the hausas and the body of calabars.

Crazy bro, just cray grin
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by MASTERMIND04(m): 6:24pm On May 23, 2017
Have you ever thought some people's, albeit very few, lack of support of inter-tribal marriage is not tribalistic? Through this thread, I'll share with you the dangers of inter-tribal marriage and the fact that these dangers inform their lack of support of inter-tribal marriage.

(1) Erosion Of Culture: When men from one tribe consistently marry women from another, the culture of the women's tribe will ultimately be weakened and forgotten as the children will imbibe the father's culture.

(2) Loss Of Genes: When men from a tribe marry women from another on a regular basis, the genes of the women's tribe will be adversely affected as the genes of the fathers will be dominant in the children. Over time, there may be a complete loss of the genes of the women's tribe.

(3) Transfer Of Low I.Q: If there is an inherent low IQ in the genes of a tribe and men from that tribe consistently marry women from another tribe and since the child takes more genes from the father, the low IQ in the father's tribe will be transferred to the child.

(4) Transfer Of Peculiar Health Problems : If men consistently marry women from another tribe and there are peculiar health problems to the tribe of the men, those health problems might be passed on to the children.
This guy ehnnnn.... Hmmmmmmm
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:01pm On Sep 06, 2017
ciscoxx:
So Igbo must marry Igbo? Guy abeg u try but as for me n my fellow brotherhood any were we locate our love we go follow.

Blood of our late ancestral thread picked it up!

No, not that Igbo must marry Igbo. But those with hom you are related to, either far or near relaions, are those to whom we should `settle' with. You understand?

Or are hybrid-vigours real vigour? Are they natural bred? Don't nature tells us that we are distroying the earth with our genetic immolation so called biological exchange of gene?
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:05pm On Sep 06, 2017
Inter tribal marriage does not weaken culture, rather it strengthens it.

No culture remains dormant, it adopts from other cultures to grow.

Loss of genes?

Transfer of low I. Q?

op, you must be high on something.

And dear, this is why our culture's so formally sacrosanct and purr have been secularize by foreignated cultures.

An impure culture speak sadly of a loss idea in civilization.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:12pm On Sep 06, 2017
Inter tribal marriage does not weaken culture, rather it strengthens it.

No culture remains dormant, it adopts from other cultures to grow.

Loss of genes?

Transfer of low I. Q?

op, you must be high on something.

2. Loss of gene? Of course! Our blood would not be the same ancestral blood of our parent stock, because they'd been mixed up racially or tribally with the gene/bloid of a foreigner!

God forbid!

Look at the Child of Isaac, Jacob and see what God told him, and see it again after the uncircumcise Sheshemite took their sister `in' by rape, what do they do?
Blood is thicker than water, in other words our gene, pure blood, that does not make us fall ill so often, nor allow us to be bed ridden with illness, are the epiome of a pure gene.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:13pm On Sep 06, 2017
That you think one of the points is flawed does not mean the whole write-up is flawed. Plus, I really wish I could expand on the correlation between low IQ in a gene and how it can be passed on to the children. But this is simple as the children will take more of the genes of the father.

You tried!
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:16pm On Sep 06, 2017
Oyindidi:
Come up with other points. Why are you against inter-tribal marriage?

See my post: Importance of Tribal Marriage.

If we cn but obet our creator, all the malaise covering te Earth would never have come up. Man is distroying the earth, yet does not know what he is doing that causes th dustruct.
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:20pm On Sep 06, 2017
Oyindidi:
Okay... I prefer intertribal marriage too. Can't marry from my tribe especially my Village. Even my obedient children won't marry from there.

Oyindidi:
Okay... I prefer intertribal marriage too. Can't marry from my tribe especially my Village. Even my obedient children won't marry from there.

Then, precluse: You are an hypocritical writer! You wrote a premise, a danger, yet you enter tha same danger. An erosion of ancestral belt, an eriding of tribal culture who will bore children of hybrid-vigour! God it man!
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:25pm On Sep 06, 2017
[quote] firstly, any culture that remains dormant will be eroded with time, that is why cultures borrow from other cultures to fill the loop holes they have in theirs.

For instance, the Igbo people may have a particular tradition that they hold dear, but after encounter with another culture, e. g Yoruba either through intermarriage, trade or war.
They find out that their own tradition is particularly lacking in that area and needs to improve and they may adopt that tribe's method.

Some even adopt words from different cultures to identify things that had been hirtheto foreign to them. (Igbos are particularly good at that.)

The last three instances you mentione

And this is because we are ancestral brothers, children from old old relations. ALLOWED.

But this is dissallowed, because this is what God was saying to tge Isrealite, that if they mixed themselves with other nations (do you hear me? not tribe o!) their obedience to Him will be halvened because they will bow to other gods beside Him!
Re: The Dangers Of Inter-tribal Marriage. Be Liberated. by Dnockeror333(m): 1:29pm On Sep 06, 2017
Op imagine how grounded your children will be if they get the best from two cultures.

Hybridization is a `low life' situation!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seun Thank You For Hearing Our Pleas / Sexy Nigeria Bongo + Style / Madly In Love With A NUN.... Holy Mary Or Marry Me?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.