Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,117 members, 7,814,919 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) - Jokes Etc (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) (44891 Views)

Twitter Users Beg China For The COVID-19 Antidote / See Epic Reply From Twitter Users After This A PC Post / Truth About Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by ghuzy01: 8:26pm On May 23, 2017
Youngtrice:
Lmao! You and that guy no well. Funny enough, on my visit to lag i didn't experience any owambe.
Not necessarily in Lagos,if you work in any south west state,you 'll surely have a cause to buy aso ebi either for burial or weedding or whatever,I Don buy almost three aso-ebi this year alone.T grin winkhe most ridiculous aspect is that the purchase of the aso ebi indicates loyalty on your part and the gesture will surely be paid back. smiley grin wink

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by mamatayour(f): 8:27pm On May 23, 2017
Oluwanimoduroti:
Wasere omo! (singing) Kekere Ijebu, Owo ni, Owo ni. Agba Ijebu, Owo ni Owo ni.... like seriously, folks like to party hard!!!.
yes oh...na so, na so. Emi o ni f'owo osi juwe ile baba mi grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by donmalcolm21(m): 8:28pm On May 23, 2017
my neighbour is owing the landlady but threw a grand party to celebrate her 43 years birthday. d tin weak me dat day

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by CurrentSamuel(m): 8:30pm On May 23, 2017
Koval12:
Unity in diversity. If we can happily live together as one, the whole world will turn to envy Nigeria. Diverse cultural heritage, blessed with mineral and human resources. So happy to be a Nigerian. Proudly Igbo too #team042

Get away with ur foolishness... u don bring ur stupidity to pollute this trend made for laughter and Joy
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Emassive(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2017
Joshrob:
yoruba and party eh!!..
naso one of my niggar like that wey we dey street together,we dey always look for job online,we broke die then.
he mistakely impregnated his girlfriend,girl nor gree do abortion(money to run am nor dey normally but we for fit hustle give the guy but babe nor gree)..later babe born the pikin,my guy say make we try come him naming ceremony,me and my niggars nor expect food bcus we knw how things dey go for my guy..we eat well before we leave house.
but as we reach him family house,see people dey cook wan side,aboki dey butcher goat another side..we gat ask my guy if them wan do him grandpapa remembrance join the naming bcus we don dey confuse..him say the family decide to run the naming for am,base on say him na first son for him mama side,i was shock,why dem nor give you d money start life na..anyway we regret say we eat commot for house that day.
see party like great grand papa burial,see food,see aso ebi,see grove.
i give yoruba and itsekiri people yanch for party.

Bros I fear u.... YORUBA no do party reach itsekiri people.... My mother does catering for straight 7days at times. Am Itsekiri

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by misterh(m): 8:33pm On May 23, 2017
Alexis11:

You came late bro grin.... I'm sure you are already disgusted about how the Yorubas turned the "insult" to fun tongue
Funny enough, the dude who posted the tweet didn't mean it as an insult. I follow him on Twitter and the tweet was part of a series of tweets where he was hailing the partying nature of the Yorubas.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Alexis11: 8:36pm On May 23, 2017
Koval12

Try to ignore current dullsamuel...... He simply described himself with that comment cool
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by sonofluc1fer: 8:36pm On May 23, 2017
sukkot:
this yoruba and party thing is a disease tho lmao. i gotta tell one true story. so i dey england long time ago and i come fall sick for a while. stomach issues wey no wan go. so basically all my hustle grind to a halt and i come spend all my savings come dey on struggle mode cuz i no fit work as i dey sick. anyway sha them know about my condition for house ooo in naija but my mama birthday come reach and it is one of those anniversary birthdays that end in zero so you know these mortals consider such mundane rubbish as a big deal. anyway sha na so dem rent club for ikoyi and dem rent big musicians and everything. when people tabulate the money when she spend for the birthday it was like 30,000 dollars. na dat time i knw say yoruba get big problem. you rather shine in front of your friends for a night of partying than give your son who was sick that dough. ahhhh welll its in the past now. point being YORUBA TOO LIKE PARRTYYYYYY grin grin
Niccurrr!!!
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by ghuzy01: 8:37pm On May 23, 2017

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Nobody: 8:38pm On May 23, 2017
Hahahahahaha you're mean.

Alariwo2:
I'm 100% sure an igbo person started this.. they enjoy throwing jibes at Yorubas

But make a small joke about them, they will cry that they want biafra. #yeye
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Nobody: 8:40pm On May 23, 2017
lol.
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Nobody: 8:43pm On May 23, 2017
Chai. Why u come finish am like this?

ba7man:
Profit at what exactly??

Abeg, its party we're talking about here, not drug business. undecided

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:46pm On May 23, 2017
SexyNairalander:
booked

MOGBO MOYA has arrived. . .any party around I dey present
Lolzzzxzzzz

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Nwakaumu(m): 8:51pm On May 23, 2017
Alexis11:

Seems you have been looking for the opportunity to say the rubbish in your head grin
you seem to fit the description of the nuisance I was just talking about.
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by sweetgala(m): 8:53pm On May 23, 2017
Joshrob:
yoruba and party eh!!..
naso one of my niggar like that wey we dey street together,we dey always look for job online,we broke die then.
he mistakely impregnated his girlfriend,girl nor gree do abortion(money to run am nor dey normally but we for fit hustle give the guy but babe nor gree)..later babe born the pikin,my guy say make we try come him naming ceremony,me and my niggars nor expect food bcus we knw how things dey go for my guy..we eat well before we leave house.
but as we reach him family house,see people dey cook wan side,aboki dey butcher goat another side..we gat ask my guy if them wan do him grandpapa remembrance join the naming bcus we don dey confuse..him say the family decide to run the naming for am,base on say him na first son for him mama side,i was shock,why dem nor give you d money start life na..anyway we regret say we eat commot for house that day.

A man has to make his way in life, the worst thing is for a child to be born and his/her birth go uncelebrated by the family because of his father's condition at the time.

The party was not done for his/her father it was done to welcome the child.

You fail to see the difference

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Youngtrice(m): 8:55pm On May 23, 2017
ghuzy01:

Not necessarily in Lagos,if you work in any south west state,you 'll surely have a cause to buy aso ebi either for burial or weedding or whatever,I Don buy almost three aso-ebi this year alone.T grin winkhe most ridiculous aspect is that the purchase of the aso ebi indicates loyalty on your part and the gesture will surely be paid back. smiley grin wink
The loyalty part is a good one though. The Westerners are really pros when it comes to celebrations. grin
I like their way sha, they throw party to celebrate occasions like birthdays and anniversaries, atleast there will be joy. Its better than those who are only good at burials.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by wristbangle: 8:55pm On May 23, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Yoruba party no be for hia , I had the misfortune of being in Ibadan during my maternal great grandfather's burial , the man lived to an over ripe age of 110 years. I was a student in U.I at that time and owu don blow boys. Na so I carry my boys go the parry o , the cows wey dem kill that day go reach 15 , every family actually had their own party , it was like 20 parties in one. Na 3 streets we close that day. Every family ( even within families ) had their own stand/canopy , as all my uncles and aunts see me na , "Yinka , bawo ni , wa joko jeun" , the food we chop that day didn't get out of our system for 5 days , for close to a week , if I belch na egg I go dey smell. I was sick for the next two days after the party , na so so Andrews liver salt I dey drink , I've promised myself not to ever eat like that in my life again.

My brother u get am. Person go release one bomb, even dog go bark for person say "bros ah ahn, wetin sef" grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Abbeyme: 8:57pm On May 23, 2017
Joshrob:
yoruba and party eh!!..

You can write a good and true life story for Africa, ehn..
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 23, 2017
This is very true.

They are still seriously troubling me at home for not throwing event to celebrate my 2016 hajj (pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia).

I just traveled casually (didn't even plan it until 4 weeks to date). I have not been to my hometown since I came back (September 2016) and my mum has been on my neck that whenever I come to our hometown, they will organize "ceremony" for the new Alhaji. Whenever I travel home, I can't escape it.

8 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by bigmo1(m): 9:01pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:
I'm 100% sure an igbo person started this.. they enjoy throwing jibes at Yorubas

But make a small joke about them, they will cry that they want biafra. #yeye
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Habeyy(m): 9:06pm On May 23, 2017
donmalcolm21:
My Muslim tailor threw a Party on Xmas day to celebrate the birth of Jesus and when i reminded him he is a Muslim he told me that we all serve one God grin
grin
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Nobody: 9:08pm On May 23, 2017
wristbangle:

My brother u get am. Person go release one bomb, even dog go bark for person say "bros ah ahn, wetin sef" grin

LWKMD!!! Abeg no let pepper enter my head this night

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Joshrob(m): 9:08pm On May 23, 2017
sweetgala:

A man has to make his way in life, the worst thing is for a child to be born and his birth go uncelebrated by the family because of his father's condition at the time.

The party was not done for his father it was done to welcome the child.
You fail to see the difference

baba calm down..as sure they did same for you too but on a serious note you guys are encouraging poverty..
I have a friend his mum have been disturbing to bring a wife home,bcus my guy don graduate and serve finnish..but him never get job,the guy asked him mumcy how he will feed the family,his mum reply weak me. his mum reply that the girl might bring goodluck to his life after they marry..i asked my guy if him mumcy don mistakenly add weed for the ewedu soup wey she cook.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Dicksonpal: 9:09pm On May 23, 2017
mamatayour:
Na true oh. Na just groove dey awa body especially the ijebus....kizzes to uz mehn. We rock kiss kiss kiss
omo ijb eweso

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by bobostykah(m): 9:19pm On May 23, 2017
We Yoruba people be like......

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Dicksonpal: 9:20pm On May 23, 2017
ghuzy01:

naso I buy aso ebi last year o hoping my guy go give us beer drink ,Na palm wine I drink ,I come vex comet go drink beer for another joint
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by konkonbilo(m): 9:20pm On May 23, 2017
I attended a Yoruba wedding this past weekend. Mehn! See food sotay dem cook indomie n fried egg shocked I was surprised. I was telling my colleagues that very soon there'll soon be smoking garri n groundnut in Yoruba party. Nothing wey no dey that party.

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by 9jatatafo(m): 9:21pm On May 23, 2017
Joshrob:
yoruba and party eh!!..

warri ooo!! you go kpai person with you gist

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Sanchez01: 9:23pm On May 23, 2017
Emassive:

Bros I fear u.... YORUBA no do party reach itsekiri people.... My mother does catering for straight 7days at times. Am Itsekiri
Trust me, the Itsekiris are not close to the Ijebus when it comes to parties. They live for it! smiley

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by sukkot: 9:27pm On May 23, 2017
sonofluc1fer:

Niccurrr!!!
ma nigga wink
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by TeeFriz: 9:32pm On May 23, 2017
I just have to comment...

I have this Friend whose father gets job on contracts. The job persay is not something that yields much in return and this guy often 'hustle' his way around life by borrowing and and even settles the pop with his proceeds. But the funniest thing is whenever there is an occasion, the pop is always repping...he always kill a cow.... And i will be like guy how far but where pops dey always see money buy cow?

Till date,it still baffles me cause its not always driving.

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by kayzat: 9:32pm On May 23, 2017
Joshrob:
yoruba and party eh!!..

This happened to me just this weekend. I need a short term loan of like 80k to start running my business and nobody is ready to help with the money but I was shocked to arrive at my younger sister's wedding preparation to meet 3 solid cows tied to the poles. Even the cakes are the biggest I've ever seen at a party.

The foods and gifts are far in excess and till today I'm still 30k short of what I need.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Tailor's Disappiontment (check Out This Pics) / ~Jokers Offtopic Classic Bar House / When Government Says Teachers Must Wear Uniform (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.