Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) - Jokes Etc (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) (44887 Views)

Twitter Users Beg China For The COVID-19 Antidote / See Epic Reply From Twitter Users After This A PC Post / Truth About Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by ajl: 9:35pm On May 23, 2017
And among the Yorubas, it's the Ikorodu and Ijebu indigenes that stand out for partying the most.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by mamatayour(f): 9:39pm On May 23, 2017
Dicksonpal:
omo ijb eweso
eeh oh omo alare grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Dicksonpal: 9:40pm On May 23, 2017
mamatayour:
eeh oh omo alare grin grin
jeka connect Ni egba
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by omiaruk: 9:41pm On May 23, 2017
madapcmod:
Afonjo can throw party even while owing landlord two years house rent. u will see baby lace wearing lots with chamfered caps and bleaching over fat women with charcoal legs trouping in to eat ewedu ati amala served in one plate with big meat d size of my clenched fist.

Dance time, na wasiu or sunny ade u go dey hear with different kinds of fat nyashes bending and puffing off ewedu mess every where. Chai! i see things for lagos before i relocated. u can choke in baby lace sweat odour, i swear!
u be weray I swear

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by mamatayour(f): 9:44pm On May 23, 2017
Dicksonpal:
jeka connect Ni egba
bawa smiley egba ile
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Flamezreal(m): 9:45pm On May 23, 2017
Alariwo2:
I'm 100% sure an igbo person started this.. they enjoy throwing jibes at Yorubas

But make a small joke about them, they will cry that they want biafra. #yeye
grin grin grin don't burst my chest with laughter abeg
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Dicksonpal: 9:47pm On May 23, 2017
mamatayour:
bawa smiley egba ile
nibo lowa ,pm me kasoro
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Jobabori(m): 9:48pm On May 23, 2017
ajl:
And among the Yorubas, it's the Ikorodu and Ijebu indigenes that stand out for partying the most.
You are saying the same thing. Ikorodu are also Ijebu.

3 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by wristbangle: 9:49pm On May 23, 2017
madapcmod:
Afonjo can throw party even while owing landlord two years house rent. u will see baby lace wearing lots with chamfered caps and bleaching over fat women with charcoal legs trouping in to eat ewedu ati amala served in one plate with big meat d size of my clenched fist.

Dance time, na wasiu or sunny ade u go dey hear with different kinds of fat nyashes bending and puffing off ewedu mess every where. Chai! i see things for lagos before i relocated. u can choke in baby lace sweat odour, i swear!

Hahahahaha. Asiwin omo Nna! grin werey afofun ni ye o! grin

7 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by mamatayour(f): 9:49pm On May 23, 2017
Dicksonpal:
nibo lowa ,pm me kasoro
I no be Egba oh I be ijebu omo alare
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Geminiboy: 9:50pm On May 23, 2017
grin
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Geminiboy: 9:50pm On May 23, 2017
I love yoruba people, I went to a wedding ceremony of a yoruba friend, they were still in church and at the reception, they were already serving guest, when the bride and groom came in, everyone was already using tooth picks

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by ajebuter(f): 9:50pm On May 23, 2017
EWAagoyin:
alowo MA jaiye eyin le MO awon to jaiye la na da won ti ku won ti loo

Ma jaye on I oh
Mi o meyin ola oh...

Obey miliki..
Proudly Yoruba....

Don't worry nairaland...l go throw party for my 3-year nairaland membership.

Zombies and wailers will be invited..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by EWAagoyin(m): 9:53pm On May 23, 2017
ajebuter:

Ma jaye on I oh
Mi o meyin ola oh...

Obey miliki..
Proudly Yoruba....

Don't worry nairaland...l go throw party for my 3-year nairaland membership.

Zombies and wailers will be invited..
see as your black beauty just they glow... I will like to be your friend

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by temmylorlah(f): 9:57pm On May 23, 2017
Ewa Agoyin on spot, Shawa dodo, ati beebeelor! [quote author=MEILYN post=56809388]I dey like to go Yoruba party oo. Nothing wey them no dey cook.

Jollof Rice
Rice and stew
Yam portage.
Tapioca
Amala
Ewedu
Akara
Egusi
Enough Semo and big big meats.

My guys na for one party oo. You go chop kill yourself. If you dey go Yoruba party, buy cooler and Flagyl for road. [/quote

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Wamiwa: 9:58pm On May 23, 2017
ajl:

My brother you get am. Ikorodu town hall is always booked week in week out, 2parties can be holding at the same time sef. Ikorodu and Ijebu I doff my hat for them when it comes to party.
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by ajebuter(f): 9:59pm On May 23, 2017
ajl:

lkorodu...my mother's home town..

They can party for anything especially burial..
They will first do lwolefu to gather money from every family member including kids and babies (yeah the kids because the mom or dad must pay for them) and the party will be grand..

Go to every ltun in lkorodu: ltunsokun, ltunpate ,ltunmoja, ltunmeko, ltunnla. Aga, lta elewa and all major ikorodu hood..there must be party every weekend..

proudly Yoruba any day .

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Codyt(m): 9:59pm On May 23, 2017
Joshrob:
yoruba and party eh!!..
naso one of my niggar like that wey we dey street together,we dey always look for job online,we broke die then.
he mistakely impregnated his girlfriend,girl nor gree do abortion(money to run am nor dey normally but we for fit hustle give the guy but babe nor gree)..later babe born the pikin,my guy say make we try come him naming ceremony,me and my niggars nor expect food bcus we knw how things dey go for my guy..we eat well before we leave house.
but as we reach him family house,see people dey cook wan side,aboki dey butcher goat another side..we gat ask my guy if them wan do him grandpapa remembrance join the naming bcus we don dey confuse..him say the family decide to run the naming for am,base on say him na first son for him mama side, i was shock,why dem nor give you d money start life na.. anyway we regret say we eat commot for house that day.
see party like great grand papa burial,see food,see aso ebi,see grove.
i give yoruba and itsekiri people yanch for party.
I swear what an irony! So hilarious grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by wissenschaften(m): 10:04pm On May 23, 2017
Koval12:
Unity in diversity. If we can happily live together as one, the whole world will turn to envy Nigeria. Diverse cultural heritage, blessed with mineral and human resources. So happy to be a Nigerian. Proudly Igbo too #team042
Very very true my brother...I be Igbo and I appreciate the diversity of the country. You see, Bad leadership, corruption and poverty na the real shit. if not who wouldn't love to be a Nigerian

5 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Nigeriadondie: 10:05pm On May 23, 2017
Afonja and party na like 5&6. My mama get school na so dem go dey beg ejo tori olorun ko si owo. Some wud be paying school fees as if na ajo or daily contribution to gather money for school fees na wahala. Infact some of them wan dey go school on credit. But I was shocked when the woman gave birth na big naming ceremony. That one come open my mama eyes as she felt cheated.
Another When my young bro went for an operation in a hospital an Afonja woman had caesarean operation and was detained by the hospital management until the last dime was paid. I come dey pity the woman na so d nurse tell me say make I no mind them say this woman wey dey cry money no dey but money go dey for "owambe" say they ve had a lot of such experiences in the past.
Afonjas have that bad attitude. I dont know if they are cursed with party. Person wey dey soak garri for house say money no dey for food but that money wey no dey go appear from no where for party.

4 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by AlphaStyles(m): 10:09pm On May 23, 2017
that moment when u have ur first wet dream is party for u

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Youdondeymad: 10:12pm On May 23, 2017
toseen7:
"Yi eyin oku pada'

grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin I know say u go like party as you dey laugh like dis.Good evening my nigga...

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by dadabashua1(m): 10:19pm On May 23, 2017
its part of us...lolz
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by toseen7: 10:20pm On May 23, 2017
Youdondeymad:
grin grin grin grin I know say u go like party as you dey laugh like dis.Good evening my nigga...

Good evening bro,
Lol, i like party o, most especially "Óku Ebá"... grin

Ijebu ré, party rè...... grin grin

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by kayzat: 10:23pm On May 23, 2017
Afam4eva:
That's how i saw my muslim neigbour setting up canopy and some caterers cooking assorted things. She's a muslim but any reason to throw a party is welcome. Unfortunately, i'm not a party person, else i would have joined the mogbo mo ya ga

What is it about her religion ? we Yorubas don't don't identify people with their religion but by their name or our relationship with them but you Ibos always mention people by their religion and tribe as if they are not human beings like you.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Afam4eva(m): 10:27pm On May 23, 2017
kayzat:

What is it about her religion ? we Yorubas don't don't identify people with their religion but by their name or our relationship with them but you Ibos always mention people by their religion and tribe as if they are not human beings like you.
I mentioned her religions because i wanted to understand why a muslim Yoruba person would be celebrating easter. Do some of you read at all?

1 Like

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by kayzat: 10:33pm On May 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

I mentioned her religions because i wanted to understand why a muslim Yoruba person would be celebrating easter. Do some of you read at all?

No where in your post did you made mention of easter but it may be an omission.

We celebrate all the festivals in my family too because we have people practising different religions within the family and its our way of associating and celebrating with them.

Both Muslims and Christians contribute money together for each festivals and usually no discrimination on which religion another person is practising.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Afam4eva(m): 10:36pm On May 23, 2017
kayzat:

No where in your post did you made mention of easter but it may be an omission.

We celebrate all the festivals in my family too because we have people practising different religions within the family and its our way of associating and celebrating with them.

Both Muslims and Christians contribute money together for each festivals and usually no discrimination on which religion another person is practising.

I just checked and i realized i left out the Easter part.

What i was trying to say was that she threw a party on Easter day despite being a Muslim.

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Medunah: 10:36pm On May 23, 2017
neoapocalypse:

Yoruba party no be for hia , I had the misfortune of being in Ibadan during my maternal great grandfather's burial , the man lived to an over ripe age of 110 years. I was a student in U.I at that time and owu don blow boys. Na so I carry my boys go the parry o , the cows wey dem kill that day go reach 15 , every family actually had their own party , it was like 20 parties in one. Na 3 streets we close that day. Every family ( even within families ) had their own stand/canopy , as all my uncles and aunts see me na , "Yinka , bawo ni , wa joko jeun" , the food we chop that day didn't get out of our system for 5 days , for close to a week , if I belch na egg I go dey smell. I was sick for the next two days after the party , na so so Andrews liver salt I dey drink , I've promised myself not to ever eat like that in my life again.
Haha, almost same experience with mine.

My maternal granddad died few yrs ago at the age of 89........the party was not here, each child had his or her own segment of the canopy with his/her name boldly written on it , each child killed cow, both the male and female kids. It was like each child was celebrating the death of the father in his or her own way. My mom had to call her own caterer, servers etc.......And they still killed general Cow and hired general caterer ooo....Mehn, I ate like I wanted to kill myself, food was surplus, meat was surplus, drinks nko......I wish I could go back to that day grin

I hope my dad's family will do the same too when my paternal granddad dies cheesy
Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by kayzat: 10:40pm On May 23, 2017
Afam4eva:

I just checked and i realized i left out the Easter part.

What i was trying to say was that she threw a party on Easter day despite being a Muslim.

Because some of her family members may be Christians and they will surely come around for the festive periods. periods like that are also when we usually have family meetings and get together.

6 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by distilledwalex(m): 10:41pm On May 23, 2017
Nwakaumu:
that's how insecure you people are.what brought Igbo Into this issues?.thats why you people ve become nuisance in this country with your busybody attitude.
Even a day old baby knows that the only nuisance tribe we have in this country are the Igbos... Politically they are nuisance.. Medically they are nuisance... Infact spiritually they are nuisance.. Both home and abroad sev grin

2 Likes

Re: Twitter Users Talk About Yorubas And Party (Hilarious) by Handsomecole(m): 10:46pm On May 23, 2017
Some Yoruba people living in one room in face me I face you Yet if you see the big party they can throw. Some never even pay their school fees of their children.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Difference Between Private & Federal Universities In Picture / Tailor's Disappiontment (check Out This Pics) / ~Jokers Offtopic Classic Bar House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.