Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,264 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:55 AM

............................. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ............................. (1635 Views)

Which Addiction Should I Drop?? Opinions Needed / Should I Run For Miss Nairaland, Opinions Needed / My Widowed Mum Is Trying To Marry *opinions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

............................. by stud101(m): 9:54am On May 25, 2017
Re: ............................. by Nobody: 9:57am On May 25, 2017
grin

BRB...Xinz u wanna say sumtin? wink
Re: ............................. by Airforce1(m): 9:59am On May 25, 2017
Settle whatever debt you're owing , reduce your excess spending, save little money then get married.

I know a guy who earn 45k as salary and he's happily married but to a girl who s also working.

1 Like

Re: ............................. by ikp120(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2017
Forget marriage for now bro. Who marriage epp?
It's an unnecessary evil these days.

If you want pikin, get a baby mama bro. If konji hold you, grab a pussy and fvck bro.

Forget marriage! Fvck your people's opinions mehn! Run your life by yourself bro!
Re: ............................. by stud101(m): 10:06am On May 25, 2017
Airforce1:
Settle whatever debt you're owing , reduce your excess spending, save little money then get married.

I know a guy who earn 45k as salary and he's happily married but to a girl who s also working.

but when does one finish doing that, based on age, give or take it might take a year to sort that out, hoping other side works come out to fetch extra money.
Re: ............................. by stud101(m): 10:14am On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

If you want pikin, get a baby mama bro. If konji hold you, grab a pussy and fvck bro.

Forget marriage! Fvck your people's opinions mehn! Run your life by yourself bro!

i can understand where you coming from, but i did like to have a family.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ............................. by yomi007k(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

Seconded!
Re: ............................. by XINZ: 10:16am On May 25, 2017
TrapQueen77:
grin

BRB...Xin.z u wanna say sumtin? wink

All I have to say is.......

OP should solve his problems, I have mine. grin

1 Like

Re: ............................. by ikp120(m): 10:30am On May 25, 2017
stud101:

i can understand where you coming from, but i did like to have a family.
From what you typed up there, the last thing you should be thinking about is marriage.

Get a loyal and contented girlfriend first. Make her part of your life until she gets and understand the real picture of how your life is. Then marry her if you want to. Money is not the problem, the heartache and troubles that go with some women in marriage is the problem.

If there's no serious babe in the picture, then I don't think you can handle marriage now bro.

You WILL breakdown if you dive in like that, except you're lucky. Women get special wahala wey they usually manifest when you say "I do".

1 Like

Re: ............................. by stud101(m): 10:38am On May 25, 2017
ikp120:
From what you typed up there, the last thing you should be thinking about is marriage.

Get a loyal and contented girlfriend first. Make her part of your life until she gets and understand the real picture of how your life is. Then marry her if you want to. Money is not the problem, the heartache and troubles that go with some women in marriage is the problem.

If there's no serious babe in the picture, then I don't think you can handle marriage now bro.

You WILL breakdown if you dive in like that, except you're lucky. Women get special wahala wey they usually manifest when you say "I do".
i feel you, the part of ''Loyal'', ''Contentment'' and ''Make her part of your life until she gets and understand the real picture of how your life is'' is hard o with all these Abuja girls, well the ones have met, it's either they looking for how to even run further in to the ground or you just see through their B.S.

no girl in the picture.
Re: ............................. by ikp120(m): 10:55am On May 25, 2017
stud101:

i feel you, the part of ''Loyal'', ''Contentment'' and ''Make her part of your life until she gets and understand the real picture of how your life is'' is hard o with all these Abuja girls, well the ones have met, it's either they looking for how to even run further in to the ground or you just see through their B.S.

no girl in the picture.
Then forget marriage for now bro.

There has to be a girl in the picture before you even think of marriage.

Just relax bro and take good care of yourself. You will be just fine. Most times things just fall in place.
Re: ............................. by TheMortician: 11:00am On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

ikp120:

Thank you. Misogynist and also a misanthrope
Re: ............................. by Oyindidi(f): 11:07am On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

shocked see advice from the devil's tablegrin
Re: ............................. by stud101(m): 11:18am On May 25, 2017
TheMortician:

Thank you. Misogynist and also a misanthrope
undecided undecided undecided
Re: ............................. by ImaIma1(f): 11:19am On May 25, 2017
At this rate, an earning wife will not be a back up plan but the major sponsor.
Firstly, u need to cut your clothes according to the fabric. Your expenses should not be more than your earning. Cut out some expenses. Maintaining a car with your salary is more like a liability venture.
You should also think about doing other things that would bring income.
Then also pray hard for God's intervention. U need it.
Re: ............................. by Nobody: 11:39am On May 25, 2017
stud101:
am 35yrs old, yoruba, a catholic (not a strong one), i drink & smoke kush most time to get high not worry too much. i work earn (N80000 - N100,000) monthly, i got a bad credit from borrowing and what MMM did to some of us. now am trying to straighten up and sort that out. i live in room & palour apartment in one of the outskirts of Abuja. i can feed myself and do some little things for myself.
question now is, is it possible to be thinking about marriage with all this issues above? i don't have money, the way it works due to money troubles is by the time your salary comes you are settling debts from borrowed money for the previous month or you borrowed money to fuel and go to work thereby projecting it will be taken out of your salary. am a serious work in progress if am being honest if not worse, some of my friends say am not ready, some say i ain't serious,some say get your religious side in check(which am trying but it's not as easy as some of your think), some say they didn't have money and they got married settled and all, am like how?, some are like everything will fall in place.
it's not like i can get support from uncles or aunties or some good Samaritan, it's O.Y.O menh.
My thinking is to straighten out my bad credit, but at same time i think it's kind of late due to when does one settle the debt, wanting to marry in between when i will have clocked 36-37yrs ( I pray not), have kids, before your kids grow up, turn 18yrs or put them on good footing, you be part of their life and advice, guide them to be better than you. not to talk of the financial situation that carries (head getting hot as i type).

another thing is, can't someone find a lady who's also earning, whereby she can contribute or even be a backup plan for the family just in-case things go south, because i know i will sort my finances out. i got friends who scrabble around to make ends meet, kids school fees, kids ain't feeling fine and all sorts of thing, and am like na wa o. the economy's biting hard, no side jobs to fetch extra money and all but the belief is things will get better.

have heard people say others earn less and have done it, but situations are different, vices, encounters are all different. some say hide it all and rope a girl in, which i can't do cause i got a f***king conscience. i don't want be a burden on someone, same way i don't want someone' burden where it becomes unbearable.

now am like i have haven't sorted myself out and thinking too far or best bet just sort yourself and out and just be. (though mother won't agree if i say i don't want to settle due to age and time)

sorry my thoughts are jammed up right now, but am like where does some go from here.

as for grammar people please give me break, abeg. opinions are welcomed
be sure you can look after a family before you decide to start one.
Re: ............................. by Nobody: 11:40am On May 25, 2017
O
Re: ............................. by stud101(m): 12:07pm On May 25, 2017
SecondEva:
be sure you can look after a family before you decide to start one.

obviously, won't start what i can't handle.
Re: ............................. by Nobody: 12:09pm On May 25, 2017
stud101:

obviously, won't start what i can handle or finish.
ensure you marry a girl who has a job so she can assist.
Re: ............................. by stud101(m): 12:14pm On May 25, 2017
SecondEva:
ensure you marry a girl who has a job so she can assist.

yeah, but most don't even share the view of starting something together or seeing the bigger picture, most caught up in the now.....
Re: ............................. by 9jayes: 12:17pm On May 25, 2017
Double Wahala for deadbody
Re: ............................. by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 25, 2017
stud101:

yeah, but most don't even share the view of starting something together or seeing the bigger picture, most caught up in the now.....
you are right. It takes a humble lady with the fear of God to look at the bigger picture. That's why you much be carful in selecting a wife.
Re: ............................. by sirblero(m): 12:49pm On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

seconded..bro..
if you claim you want a family..and there's no girl in the picture..
them my brother..forget about marriage for now..MARRIAGE IS NOT A GAME..
its a life time something..

and also about the work.and your salary..you owing..and all that..
minimize the way you spend ..and also you saying "no side jobs to get money"...there are many..but few are eligible and trustworthy..that I would like us to discuss...privately..if you deem if fit..a side job opportunity is available..
for more info..
Re: ............................. by McBrooklyn(m): 1:15pm On May 25, 2017

Re: ............................. by firstking01(m): 2:40pm On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

One of the wrongest advice i 've read on nairaland for a long while....pls, go meet your mum to talk some things into you, don't embrace life with this kinda mindset...how can someone earning up to an 80-100k be living in debt?, smh....he's either a wasteful fellow or he lives above what he earns which is wrong....no matter how much you earn you should be able to save something every month....this is why we advice people to stop drinking and smoking....atimes it could be addictive but una no dey hear word....ok.
Re: ............................. by stud101(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:
One of the wrongest advice i 've read on nairaland for a long while....pls, go meet your mum to talk some things into you, don't embrace life with this kinda mindset...how can someone earning up to an 80-100k be living in debt?, smh....he's either a wasteful fellow or he lives above what he earns which is wrong....no matter how much you earn you should be able to save something every month....this is why we advice people to stop drinking and smoking....atimes it could be addictive but una no dey hear word....ok.

not like i don't save, like i said lost alot due to MMM, trying to sort that out....

and you know of this advice on here you don't take them to heart. wink
Re: ............................. by ikp120(m): 3:12pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:

Bro listen to me and listen very attentively. I run my life and don't give a fvck what the society says, so long as I'm not doing anything illegal. I don't ask my mum or any being on earth (not even God) for their opinion.

Marriage is an unnecessary evil these days. Take it or leave it. I don't need your opinion on it.
Who told you that you save better than he does?

He lost his investments in some ventures. Are you holier than him? I guess you are!
Re: ............................. by firstking01(m): 3:39pm On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

Bro listen to me and listen very attentively. I run my life and don't give a fvck what the society says, so long as I'm not doing anything illegal. I don't ask my mum or any being on earth (not even God) for their opinion.

Marriage is an unnecessary evil these days. Take it or leave it. I don't need your opinion on it.
Who told you that you save better than he does?

He lost his investments in some ventures. Are you holier than him? I guess you are!
Smh....still go meet your mum for se advice, believe me you need her to talk to you or berra still, carry this your post and go and show her.
Re: ............................. by firstking01(m): 3:40pm On May 25, 2017
stud101:

not like i don't save, like i said lost alot due to MMM, trying to sort that out....

and you know of this advice on here you don't take them to heart. wink
My brother, you need financial discipline.
Re: ............................. by ikp120(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2017
firstking01:
Smh....still go meet your mum for se advice, believe me you need her to talk to you or berra still, carry this your post and go and show her.
I know you're not a kid, but making reference to my mum is very childish bro. You don't even know if my mum is still alive. I guess age is just a number. The most irritating part is that you're part of the preachy and religious folks on this forum.
Re: ............................. by firstking01(m): 4:35pm On May 25, 2017
ikp120:
I know you're not a kid, but making reference to my mum is very childish bro. You don't even know if my mum is still alive. I guess age is just a number. The most irritating part is that you're part of the preachy and religious folks on this forum.
Preachy??, yes, but religious??, NO cool.
Re: ............................. by TheUmbra: 10:30pm On May 25, 2017
ikp120:

Oh really?

I thought you said you had a conscience? Or maybe not so much of a healthy one. Weren't you the stand-up guy for morality and sound principle?

Here you are doing some flip-flop. So who's gon' father and raise the child in a baby mama setting?

Why would any sane mind advocate for single parenting with all the proven ills associated with children raised by a single parent?

O boy, it's easy to sell a particular personality online, but with time ogoro-fish grows some pair of legs to prove it's a fake fish all along.
grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures You Can Relate To If You Ever Attended A Nigerian University. / Ooni Of Ife Breaks Up With New Wife Just After 17 Months Of Marriage / To Those Looking Forward To Marry, What Excites You About Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.