Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,590 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:06 PM

Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos (3270 Views)

How Igbos Developed Lagos / Lets Put An End To This Argument Finally - Igbo Developed Lagos / "Port-Harcourt Is Part Of Igboland And Igbos Developed Lagos" - Pat Utomi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 8:12pm On May 25, 2017
Dumaknesset:

That does not make them less Yoruba!

Really?If that is the case we should be counting people like Olauda Equiano as one of ours.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by ariesbull: 8:16pm On May 25, 2017
Dumaknesset:

For real! So it is no longer one's father nativity that determines ones nativity, it is where one has travelled to and returned from. Double hail for your logic.

Fathers nativity is reflected in his surname and the kastbtike i checked these names aren't African

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 8:17pm On May 25, 2017
Dumaknesset:

That does not make them less Yoruba! Same should apply for Louis Mbanefo, he is also not a native Ibo. Can you imagine there is now native Yoruba and those that are not native. This one weak me.
It does,you can't be counting on freed slaves as native Yorubas while you ignor our own freed slaves like Olauda Equiano and numerous others.
Mbanefo was born and bred Igboman likewise Akanu Ibiam.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by ariesbull: 8:18pm On May 25, 2017
From the name mbabefo...It's is purely an Igbo name and from my village in Anambra

What's the meaning of Wellington and savage in Yoruba
Dumaknesset:

That does not make them less Yoruba! Same should apply for Louis Mbanefo, he is also not a native Ibo. Can you imagine there is now native Yoruba and those that are not native. This one weak me.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by ariesbull: 8:19pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

Okay!

We just want to straighten the facts before they will distort the history
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 8:27pm On May 25, 2017
ariesbull:
From the name mbabefo...It's is purely an Igbo name and from my village in Anambra

He was born in Sierra Leone to an ijesha father, his elder brother is Oguntola Sapara, fact that the man decided to use Williams does not change is nativity. Sapara is the father's name.If your analogy does not apply to Louis Mbanefo for bearing a Louis it should fail for Sapara Williams. Last time I checked Louis is not an Ibo name. Take away Sapara Williams next ten after him will still be yoruba.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 8:28pm On May 25, 2017
ariesbull:

We just want to straighten the facts before they will distort the history

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 8:30pm On May 25, 2017
ariesbull:

Do you know an kitoye ajasa was called to English bar in 1893, by that time Louis mbanefo 's mother was still unborn.

5 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

It does,you can't be counting on freed slaves as native Yorubas while you ignor our own freed slaves like Olauda Equiano and numerous others.
Mbanefo was born and bred Igboman likewise Akanu Ibiam.

The aforementioned professionals were born abroad, returned home but your Olaudah Equiano didn't, he died a freed slave in foreign land.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by laudate: 8:36pm On May 25, 2017
Dumaknesset:
He was born in Sierra Leone to an ijesha father, his elder brother is Oguntola Sapara, fact that the man decided to use Williams does not change is nativity. Sapara is the father's name.If your analogy does not apply to Louis Mbanefo for bearing a Louis it should fail for Sapara Williams. Last time I checked Louis is not an Ibo name. Take away Sapara Williams next ten after him will still be yoruba.

I told them that Sapara was a Yoruba name, they didn't believe me. They said it was Creole. cheesy Even me that I am not a Yoruba person, I can see that it is not an English name.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 8:40pm On May 25, 2017
Dumaknesset:

The aforementioned professionals were born abroad, returned home but you Played Equiano didn't, he died a freed slave in foreign land.
Does that take away his nativity as you claimed earlier?Give us local Yorubas who were not freed slaves,those freed slave can even be Igbo or from any other ethnic group.
Btw there was nothing like Nigeria in 1800s.

1 Like

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 8:41pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

I told them that Sapara was a Yoruba name, they didn't believe me. They said it was Creole. cheesy Even me that I am not a Yoruba person, I can see that it is not an English name.

Tell us wetin Sapara mean in Yoruba lang.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by laudate: 8:43pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

I will tell you, after you tell me what it means in English or Creole. cool

5 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by uglyafonja: 8:44pm On May 25, 2017
Oxtonguy:
But I have something to tell u, work on ur english, cross 9ja bridge to c things in the west, learn factual things about our Lagos, and stop deceiving urself grin

It is high time you wake up from that your sleep
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 8:46pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

When you allow those you are discussing with begin to draw knowledge from you, you have missed it. No one will oblige you, go and do your research and return to tell us Sapara is not a yoruba name.

3 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 8:48pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

I will tell you, after you tell me what it means in English or Creole. cool

LOL...I never said its English or Creole.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

Does that take away his nativity as you claimed earlier?Give us local Yorubas who were not freed slaves,those freed slave can even be Igbo or from any other ethnic group.

Point of correction Sapara Williams was not a slave and there is no way you can get a formal British education without travelling out of Nigeria. Slaves cannot be called to the English bar. Where did Mbanefo study? Aba ! shey? Nuff said.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by laudate: 8:52pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:
LOL...I never said its English or Creole.

Oh really? Were you not the one who said: "All those names are not native Yorubas..." I simply pointed out, that one of them was a Yoruba name.

paramakina202:
Quote-The first Yoruba lawyer Christopher Alexander Sapara Williams was called to the English Bar in 1879 whilst the first Igbo lawyer, Sir Louis Mbanefo, was called to the English bar in 1937. Again the first Yoruba medical practitioner, Dr. Nathaniel King, graduated in 1875 from the University of Edinburgh whilst the first Igbo medical practitioner, [b]Dr. Akannu Ibiam, [/b]graduated from another Scottish University in 1935. Again I ask, where did the ignorant hypothesis of the backward Yoruba race who needed development by the superior Igbo race come from? For the sake of our generation and posterity we need to teach factual history and not just cook up some rooster and bull ego-centric concoctions as facts. The attitude of recycling long tales steeped in empty arrogance should be discarded before you miseducate your kids with fictions.
All those names are not native Yorubas but freed slaves while Mbanefo and Dr. Akanu Ibiam are native Igbos.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 8:56pm On May 25, 2017
Nathaniel King assisted Ajayi Crowther in the interpretation of English Language to Yoruba, same Ajayi that gave Ibo it's primer to be able to read and write Ibo language. Same people now have the temerity to say ish about their teachers. Yoruba are intergalactic miles ahead of Ibo, it is a cold hard fact.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 8:59pm On May 25, 2017
laudate:

Oh really? Were you not the one who said: "All those names are not native Yorubas..." I simply pointed out, that one of them was a Yoruba name.

So when something is not native to Yoruba it can't be anything else than English or Creole?Anyways I need confirmation that Sapara is Yoruba.
Na wao.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 9:03pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

Adedapo Kaypde, FFK 's grand father was called to English bar in 1922 after graduating from the one and only Cambridge university. By that time mbanefo must be in a diaper if at all he has been born at all.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 9:04pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

Adedapo Kayode, FFK 's grand father was called to English bar in 1922 after graduating from the one and only Cambridge university. By that time mbanefo must be in a diaper if at all he has been born at all.Now that is a native name, chew on that, Mr. nativity.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by paramakina202: 9:09pm On May 25, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Adedapo Kayode, FFK 's grand father was called to English bar in 1922 after graduating from the one and only Cambridge university. By that time mbanefo must be in a diaper if at all he has been born at all.Now that is a native name, chew on that, Mr. nativity.

That is more like it Mr. claim claim.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by loopmongoat: 9:10pm On May 25, 2017
Bad belle people of the waste wont stop making us laugh
Even a blind man knows that lagos was developed by all nigerians
Lagos is a no man's land

7 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 9:18pm On May 25, 2017
paramakina202:

That is more like it Mr. claim claim.

Intergalactic miles bro! I can't claim what is not mine, can I? I did not claim mbanefo did I, and certainly did not claim Sapara and Kings, I have just been stating the obvious.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by CertifiedFreak(m): 9:08am On May 26, 2017
loopmongoat:
Bad belle people of the waste wont stop making us laugh
Even a blind man knows that lagos was developed by all nigerians
Lagos is a no man's land

This argument is plain silly. Your people migrate to Lagos everyday which for all the arguments spewed above remains a South Western state. Y'all could just stay back and prove that your impact would be missed by developing your second rated cities. If Lagos is so "ownerless" just cut it from the map and place it next to Ebonyi State.

Nonsense arguments on both parts. Imagine having to travel long hours by bus to develop a "no man's land"

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by T8ksy(m): 11:09am On May 26, 2017
CertifiedFreak:

Imagine having to travel long hours by bus to develop a "no man's land"

Abi o jare!!!

..........whilst ones father's land is in tatters.I guess for

some folks, charity doesn't begins in their homestead

but rather that of those whom they love to hate and

villify with great abandon.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by ariesbull: 7:54pm On May 26, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Do you know an kitoye ajasa was called to English bar in 1893, by that time Louis mbanefo 's mother was still unborn.

That's none of my business....What I wanted to clarify is that those names are not Yoruba names but Creole names and they aren't Yoruba

1 Like

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by ariesbull: 7:57pm On May 26, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Point of correction Sapara Williams was not a slave and there is no way you can get a formal British education without travelling out of Nigeria. Slaves cannot be called to the English bar. Where did Mbanefo study? Aba ! shey? Nuff said.

Williams was a Creole descent and no a Yoruba...

1 Like

Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 27, 2017
ariesbull:

Whatever makes you sleep at night bro.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 10:14pm On May 27, 2017
ariesbull:

Whatever makes you sleep at night bro.
Re: Lagos 101 - Who Truly Developed Lagos by Nobody: 10:33pm On May 27, 2017
ariesbull:

That's none of my business....What I wanted to clarify is that those names are not Yoruba names but Creole names and they aren't Yoruba

Your clarifications is also none of biz.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra/IPOB What Exactly Is The Fear Of The Fed.govt.? / Buhari Rides Much More Expensive Mercedes-benz Than GEJ / Between Gani Adams And Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.