Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,032 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers (26045 Views)

COVID-19: Emirates Steps Up Safety Measures For Customers And Employees(Pics) / Chocotravel Uses Nude Flight Attendants In Ad Campaign (Video) / Abuja Nightclubs Where Strippers, Prostitutes Go Berserk For Customers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by xjiggy: 12:16pm On May 26, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

So of all the places u claimed to visit its only Igbo land you could us as Scape goat? Hmmmm Afonjaa!!

are u sure na only common sense you lose the day wey dem born you? Since when Abuja become igbo land
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by KingOvoramwen1(m): 12:20pm On May 26, 2017
xjiggy:
are u sure na only common sense you lose the day wey dem born you? Since when Abuja become igbo land

Waka dey go born troway
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 26, 2017
Kris907:
Well that can only happens where the hotel did not have standard and am so sure you lodge in one of those hotel that don't have start at all. Check-in into Marriot hotel or Eko Hotel, you would pay room services charge more for any items brought to your room even from the laundry.
indigene:
Your write up was plain vague. Hotels all over the world attach cost for room service. You are at liberty to walk down to the restaurant to have your meals or drinks at the bar.
Any cost attached on the menu list, is additional cost for room service, The hotel manager that you complained to don't know his or her job
Go and lodge at Sheraton or Reiz hotels in Abuja,or low budget hotels like ABC lodge and felt you have all the money in the world and request for room service, you will realise that Tax, VAT and additional cost for room service will be added. Drinks in your fridge will cost 150% more than if you have gone to the bar to have same.
I am a seasoned traveler in and outside Nigeria, i learnt to have my food and drinks outside the hotel i took lodging

Those prices are expressly and explicitly stated on the menu list or whatever list you have with you in your room or somewhere. It is called policy. No double interpretation. No personal twist. Even if you meet a robot to serve you in those hotels, the charges will be applied. Why? because it is a policy.

I don't know about the OP but my concern would not be about the additional price. It will be because of the hidden surprise. Tell me upfront and it is left to me if I want to incur the cost or not.

4 Likes

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Airforce1(m): 12:23pm On May 26, 2017
kjhova:

And these same people, whose obvious stealing you have rationalised thus, will still speak in tongues next Sunday or display as hajia at the next NASFAT or Anwarul session.

I wouldn't call it "stealing" because what they earn as salary is peanut.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by InvertedHammer: 12:31pm On May 26, 2017
mascot87:
I will be very brief and I am sure we all can learn one or two things from this. I hope also that I construct this well.

I do travel out of my location here in Lagos very well to other part of the country and it's normal that I get an hotel to lodge.
On arrival to an affordable hotel, I pay for the hotel room and check in. Take my bath and relax a bit then I check the hotel menu list for breakfast, lunch or dinner as the case may be.

I do observe something for the past two years but didn't really take it serious not until when I travelled to Aba and Port Harcourt around March this year and same thing repeats itself.

After checking the menu list and the price of the food u want to eat. You call the restaurant and place your order but as soon as your order was delivered, the price is always more than what is on the menu list. Sometimes it could be has high as a thousand Naira.

I do pay all the time and didn't read any meaning to it but when I was at Aba around March, I protested when the same thing repeats itself and I said to myself that if such repeat itself anytime I travel and lodge in any hotel, I will only pay the charge as indicated on the menu list.
Fast forward to today, I travelled to Abuja and as usual lodged at an hotel in town.
Now this evening I ordered for my dinner at a fixed price on the menu list only for the price of my order to be far above what was written in the menu list. I told the lady that brought my dinner that I will only pay the cost of the dish in the menu list but she insisted that I will pay at #500 more than I was expected to pay giving me excuses that the price on the menu list was the old price.

I request to see the manager and within a second, she disappeared but I still went ahead to see the hotel manager but on my way, I met one of the hotel attendants who was listening to my argument with the lady and he told me that I shouldn't go to the manager cos there is nothing the manager can do and that they are working on the new price list but I ignored him. When I got to the hotel manager, i told him what happened and why customers cannot pay the exact cost of dish in the menu list but have to pay far more. He was suprised cos I saw the shock on his face. He sent for d lady that do serve dish for customer but not to expose her in my presence, he told me to go and I should pay the exact price on the menu list when she comes around to collect money.

When the lady later came around to collect the money, I saw the anger on her face which confirms my suspicion that those people generate income for themselves through such disgraceful means and it as become a common trend in some hotels (I don't want to generalize).

Don't know who else have noticed such but next time you lodge in an hotel and observe such, insist on paying the exact cost as seen on the menu price list.

I love honest people and sometimes give extra tips to them of some few cash even after rendering services to me but trying to play a fast one is a no no for me.

Let us be observant.

I think lalasticlala can also read this and add to his knowledge of snake grin grin grin

\
I hope you are only staying in the hotel for a day.
No more food from their kitchen. One can only imagine the amount of spit and phlegm they will mix with your next food orders. Be kind to strangers who handle your food. A better option is to eat outside the hotel.
/
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Nobody: 12:31pm On May 26, 2017
seangy4konji:
It is that change issue that annoys me most. Some will even tell you should they use your change to bring malt for you or beer??wetin concern you with what I no ask for?na my change I wNt.

Before anyone will accuse me of being stingy because of my funny stories, I don't talk am say I no get shame o.

So I went to this Prince Ebeano supermarket down chevron drive. I can't remember what I bought but it was enough to make me do yanga that I was shopping there. Na so the cashier take my money, give me receipt, then told me there's no change. She said in a very nonchalant, condescending manner and I did as if I did not hear her. she repeated herself in the same way so I told her to take what I bought and return my money. She fumbled around for about 2 seconds and offered that I should pick something in return for the change. I told her I don't want. She was forced to leave the place and get the change for me. I waited and the people behind me? I nor dey look face. She came back with the change and I told her to keep it. She couldn't believe it. She laughed like "why did you punish me?" and I told her it was about her attitude.

6 Likes

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 26, 2017
Tjayjosh:

Bros it's not a scam, it is called service charge.

Service charge is usually a written policy. let them show me where it is written and I will pay.

2 Likes

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Nobody: 12:39pm On May 26, 2017
2shure:
Only broke niggis got time for lame shiits.
I lodged in a hotel jus me and my side bitch.
It was ao late.
Bleep noddles were just 1000.
By d time d fucking shit was ready
My bill was 3500 including bottled water.
Am like Bleep
I got couple of thousands
Y who get time to dey shout where is the manager.
Bleep by 10.39pm and u expect me to be yelling wherez d manager.
Fuc am not only messing myself up
Im bugin everyone else with noise.
Bleep.
If u buy shiiit for 500 and tpur bil becomes 2k.
Bro sho some love.
U big pass 2k sef
Unless u r the type dat wud come down from a bus jus cause maybe whr u r going is 70naira
And the conductor says 100 naira direct.

Fucck dis shiiit

Typical language of poverty

4 Likes

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by DisGuy: 12:51pm On May 26, 2017
Airforce1:

smh

reminds me of our former President!!
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Pain(m): 1:08pm On May 26, 2017
Be careful so that the waitress and her cohorts dont poison you out of malice
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by KingOvoramwen1(m): 1:16pm On May 26, 2017
xjiggy:

Be like say your destiny dey inside lagoon come on fuuckk off
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by kjhova(m): 1:26pm On May 26, 2017
Airforce1:

Will Jesus do this if he was placed on "peanut" salary? Will Muhammad or Buddha do such?

Invariably, in following your logic, the ladies along Allen Avenue are not s*x workers as they must survive since they don't even have up to "peanut" salary.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Laredojohn(m): 2:14pm On May 26, 2017
Quite true, not just hotels, big bars also do such, while calculating ur fee, they add theirs Unknowingly since they know those who spend heavily on drinks don't take notice of how much they spend at a sitting
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by armadeo(m): 2:35pm On May 26, 2017
Nigeria is finished. See comments.

Supporting stealing..

These are the same clowns who would sat politicians are stealing.

Nigeria is full of retards and imbeciles

1 Like

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by persius555(m): 2:55pm On May 26, 2017
Recession is real. Nigerians are wiser now. No maga out there again.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by AkupeMBANO(m): 2:57pm On May 26, 2017
delivryboy:
You are not brief
Hahaha aswear!
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by armadeo(m): 2:58pm On May 26, 2017
CeenoEvu:

Typical language of poverty

As soon as I read it one thought came to my mind...

This is a poor man.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Davidevare(m): 3:00pm On May 26, 2017
bangalee1:

Stupid nigerians everywhere, you don't see people stealing 500billion , its 500naira that u want to start ranting on. Idiots.

Na wa o... Wetin dey work this one :|
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by zeezeegal(m): 3:13pm On May 26, 2017
Seriously, I Cnt Pay More Than The Amount On The Menu.. If The Service Charge Is A Must Then It Should Be Written So That When Going Through The Menu, U Can See It And Then Comply... If It Comes To Ur Heart To Give Then U Tips Whoever That Attends To U
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by AlphaT1(m): 3:46pm On May 26, 2017
Lexusgs430:
Hotel food is usually over priced. I would tell you what I do.
I get to the hotel, take a shower and then a slight stroll to the main street, find posh buka and chop. On my way to the hotel, I stop at an eatery and buy night time snacks.... I sometimes stock my fridge with drinks purchased off site (depending on how long I intend to stay).........
At certain times, I indulge myself at the bar (man cannot live by juice alone)........
Correct guy! My wife will never allow me buy any food in a hotel unless there is no any other option. Even when I am reluctant to stroll, she doesn't mind going alone to get food and even water & drinks outside....
I once paid 2k for boiled plantain (three small pieces) and egg sauce in a hotel in Benin city meanwhile the menu price was 800 Naira only for d lady to tell me that was old price, chaiiiii, these ppl no d fear God.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by MRLANNISTER(m): 3:56pm On May 26, 2017
KingOvoramwen1:

So of all the places u claimed to visit its only Igbo land you could us as Scape goat? Hmmmm Afonjaa!!

You could not even address the topic at all. You tribal bigots of very negligible intelligence. Are you not tired of displaying idiocy in the full glare of the entire human race?

1 Like

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by KingOvoramwen1(m): 4:00pm On May 26, 2017
MRLANNISTER:

You could not even address the topic at all. You tribal bigots of very negligible intelligence. Are you not tired of displaying idiocy in the full glare of the entire human race?

Move along born troway
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Ijeluv82(f): 4:03pm On May 26, 2017
Thanks for d information.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by ImaIma1(f): 5:14pm On May 26, 2017
mascot87:
I will be very brief and I am sure we all can learn one or two things from this. I hope also that I construct this well.

I do travel out of my location here in Lagos very well to other part of the country and it's normal that I get an hotel to lodge.
On arrival to an affordable hotel, I pay for the hotel room and check in. Take my bath and relax a bit then I check the hotel menu list for breakfast, lunch or dinner as the case may be.

I do observe something for the past two years but didn't really take it serious not until when I travelled to Aba and Port Harcourt around March this year and same thing repeats itself.

After checking the menu list and the price of the food u want to eat. You call the restaurant and place your order but as soon as your order was delivered, the price is always more than what is on the menu list. Sometimes it could be has high as a thousand Naira.

I do pay all the time and didn't read any meaning to it but when I was at Aba around March, I protested when the same thing repeats itself and I said to myself that if such repeat itself anytime I travel and lodge in any hotel, I will only pay the charge as indicated on the menu list.
Fast forward to today, I travelled to Abuja and as usual lodged at an hotel in town.
Now this evening I ordered for my dinner at a fixed price on the menu list only for the price of my order to be far above what was written in the menu list. I told the lady that brought my dinner that I will only pay the cost of the dish in the menu list but she insisted that I will pay at #500 more than I was expected to pay giving me excuses that the price on the menu list was the old price.

I request to see the manager and within a second, she disappeared but I still went ahead to see the hotel manager but on my way, I met one of the hotel attendants who was listening to my argument with the lady and he told me that I shouldn't go to the manager cos there is nothing the manager can do and that they are working on the new price list but I ignored him. When I got to the hotel manager, i told him what happened and why customers cannot pay the exact cost of dish in the menu list but have to pay far more. He was suprised cos I saw the shock on his face. He sent for d lady that do serve dish for customer but not to expose her in my presence, he told me to go and I should pay the exact price on the menu list when she comes around to collect money.

When the lady later came around to collect the money, I saw the anger on her face which confirms my suspicion that those people generate income for themselves through such disgraceful means and it as become a common trend in some hotels (I don't want to generalize).

Don't know who else have noticed such but next time you lodge in an hotel and observe such, insist on paying the exact cost as seen on the menu price list.

I love honest people and sometimes give extra tips to them of some few cash even after rendering services to me but trying to play a fast one is a no no for me.

Let us be observant.

I think lalasticlala can also read this and add to his knowledge of snake grin grin grin

Are u sure the extra charge is not room service? I thought they charge that
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by ebby9z(m): 5:51pm On May 26, 2017
mascot87:

Let us be observant.

They do this in night clubs in Lagos too. They are always claiming its old price. Why will a club keep a price list that's outdated with its attendants
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by ebby9z(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2017
2shure:
Only broke niggis got time for lame shiits.
I lodged in a hotel jus me and my side bitch.
It was ao late.
Bleep noddles were just 1000.
By d time d fucking shit was ready
My bill was 3500 including bottled water.
Am like Bleep
I got couple of thousands
Y who get time to dey shout where is the manager.
Bleep by 10.39pm and u expect me to be yelling wherez d manager.
Fuc am not only messing myself up
Im bugin everyone else with noise.
Bleep.
If u buy shiiit for 500 and tpur bil becomes 2k.
Bro sho some love.
U big pass 2k sef
Unless u r the type dat wud come down from a bus jus cause maybe whr u r going is 70naira
And the conductor says 100 naira direct.

Fucck dis shiiit
Poverty is written all over you. See this broke rat forming "rich gang"

1 Like

Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 26, 2017
Airforce1:

any money not acquired legitimately is stealing..
After all politicians don't earn much necessitating them to do same thing this hotel girl also did.
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by teejaypee: 7:27pm On May 26, 2017
This shii happened to me once. But I couldn't do shii cuz I was with someone sad
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by mascot87(m): 11:51pm On May 26, 2017
InvertedHammer:

\
I hope you are only staying in the hotel for a day.
No more food from their kitchen. One can only imagine the amount of spit and phlegm they will mix with your next food orders. Be kind to strangers who handle your food. A better option is to eat outside the hotel.
/

I took the early morning flight back to Lagos this morning grin grin
Re: How Hotel Attendants Scam Customers by logica(m): 8:38am On May 27, 2017
Just be careful before they arrange you. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Amaechi Inspects Abuja-Kaduna Rail (photos) / Air Peace To Commence Flights To Ibadan, Bags Excellence Award / 16 Dead, 30 Houses Razed As Petrol Tanker Explodes In Kwara (Graphic Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.