Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,799 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service (60987 Views)

Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Jabioro: 2:57pm On May 28, 2017
Thank God you did the needful otherwise I would have rained you enough words of abuse.....some raw vulgar,nake cruel materials could have fall on your head this afternoon.. Yeah! you took the best decision and your handling is enough to send him unwritten messages to the hypocrite Pastor...

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Kay25(m): 2:57pm On May 28, 2017
Go back to the church if a church can't discipline u no one else.what they did is rebuke in love.can u dress anyhow to corporate organisation??enn if u cant do that how mich God's house things should be done orderly.he loves u dats y he rebuked u.if u go back u ve more glory than ur shame
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by jomoh: 2:57pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:
What Happened To Me On Sunday Service In Church

What's your candid view on this?

Recently I joined a church, I know how to play piano but not really well. The church has a standard pianist that plays literally on every church's event. When they discovered I knew how to play, they gave me the opportunity to be playing at least 2 times a month. Honestly, I didn't see myself as a church worker because I've never been to their meeting before. I only play when they tell me to otherwise I stay at the congregation. Last Sunday, I wore a shirt with a suit trouser and a sandals to church, then I wasn't expected to tuck in my shirt with a sandals. When I got to church, the pastor ordered me out of the church to tuck in before coming inside and instructed the ushers to not let me in until I tucked in my shirt. The church was still on and I got so ashamed and embarrassed. Everybody's eyes were on me during that time.

As confused as I was, I angrily left the church that moment to another nearby church.

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church? What's your view on this?

Contrary to what others have been saying, I believe it is a form of mind control employed by these pastors.

He may claim and find one excuse or the other for what he did, but the bottom line is that if you had gone back to that church, your ego would have been defeated and the public shaming and embarrassment would continue. By that you become one of his numerous "worshipers" that lie down for him to walk over and perpetually until you break free, you become one of his "slaves" at his beck and call.

Congratulations for calling his bluff and breaking free from the potential mind controller.

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by sisisioge: 2:57pm On May 28, 2017
The dude was trying to start a long process of control of your life. Thank God you left...you just passed a test. Next time he would mind his business. It is not enough that you pay for their lifestyles, they have to come into your closet to choose your outfit kuma! Whew!

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by LeanonGOD(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2017
Thank you for your Solomon's wisdom.
Wolfbrother:

Sorry there is no correlation ... in american schools they dont wear school uniforms but they dont have any issues wearing it later in life ..... this has nothing to do with humility and everything to do with human standards ... in this case the image the pastor believes a christian should look like , how he believes a christian should dress ... this is arrogance

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by abbeyty(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2017
You made a mistake for not removing one of his teeth before you left his church. Maybe he just discovered you are not paying your tithe and you are only occupying the church seat for nothing

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Codyt(m): 2:58pm On May 28, 2017
Nutase:

Perv alert¿¿
Rara o . Na ashawopikin start am shocked
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ashawopikin(m): 3:00pm On May 28, 2017
Codyt:

Rara o . Na ashawopikin start am shocked
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Igba123: 3:00pm On May 28, 2017
sainty2k3:
Your church is probably a small church, with few families in attendance, the pastor probably corrected you as a father, cos he perceived your dressing wasn't too smart, you were angry and decided to change your church.
I know from Nairaland here people will mock your pastor and salute your decision, but its a matter of time, that attitude will catch up with you maybe in a more important settings
Kudos to you
but shouldn't d pastor have waited, maybe till d end of d service if really he meant to correct him instead of ordering him out. I see arrogance at work in d MOG. In d bible passage dat tells d children to obey their parents u also read "parents do not provoke ur children".
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Jude76(m): 3:01pm On May 28, 2017
That is bad.

I buy and sell iTunes gift card of any domination of $100,$50, $25,$10 of us and Canada card.

Contact or WhatsApp:08146153336
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Wolfbrother(m): 3:01pm On May 28, 2017
LeanonGOD:
Thank you for your Solomon's wisdom.

nvm...thought this was sarcasm...
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by MaziOmenuko: 3:02pm On May 28, 2017
Emmahunk:
You will not be judged on the last day for not ticking in your shirt but you will be judged for succumbing to anger and pride except you repent of both.
As for the pastor, only God who sees in secret has the only and final say about his action .

You are sure he is going to be judged and condemned on final day, but for the pastor who was the instrument for his anger, you say it's only God that has the final say in his own matter; isn't that hypocrisy in 3-D? It's easy for you to condemn the young man but for the case of his pastor, your tongue is tied.

Mtchewww

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by lagosrd: 3:03pm On May 28, 2017
Those funny pastors that cannot open their mouth to tell all these boob bearing ladies to go home and dress properly will now come to me that tell me Wetin . I will just warn him that that should be his first and the last time he will try that with me else I will roast him life.
You can't imagine ladies half nude so that there is no angle you sit inside a church now that you will not see sedusive and had nude ladies everywhere. Yet the pastor concerns himself with those he feels are treat to him.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 3:03pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmmm

Sorry, but you actually have a problem...and that is pride.

Remember, the pastor asked you to tuck in your shirt. He did not ask you to go and steal,cheat, lie,or do something that is dishonorable to God.

Thing about being a Chirsitan is that we have to humble ourselves, and follow what our Elder in Christ has to say sometimes.

My dear what he did was very wrong....There are other ways he could have just corrected him,he could send the usher to tell him,or wait till after service....It's sad to hear that a pastor finds it so easy to embarass someone else.....My dear op find it within ur heart to forgive the pastor nd move on...it's not enough reason to leave the church. Ure there to serve God nd not the pastor....But if u feel like u can't go back, look for another bible believing church and attend...The most important thing for u to do,is to forgive the pastor so it doesn't hinder ur prayers...God bless u
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Snow5(m): 3:03pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmmm

Sorry, but you actually have a problem...and that is pride.

Remember, the pastor asked you to tuck in your shirt. He did not ask you to go and steal,cheat, lie,or do something that is dishonorable to God.

Thing about being a Chirsitan is that we have to humble ourselves, and follow what our Elder in Christ has to say sometimes.

By making someone look stupid in front of everyone?
Is that how to correct somebody? A matured human at that? Just because you are one fucking pastor you think you can embarrass people?

smh... Being a Christian also depicts the fact that the pastor can even send you out while the service is ongoing because you didn't tuck in? Waoooooooooo... This is amazing.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by chi4ik(m): 3:04pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:
@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

1. Will you leave your job for another because you were scolded by your boss in front of your colleagues?

2. Will you forfeit your admission and rewrite another jamb because your lecturer scolded you in the presence of your classmates for not dressing properly to class? ( Law students know what I mean)

3. Do you benefit from the teachings your pastor share from the pulpit? If yes, why angry that you where corrected by your own pastor.

I'll will put it to you with due respect OP that it was pride that made you leave the church angrily that faithful day because you were instructed to go out and tuck in your shirt.

I am sure that you weren't the only member in church that did not tuck in to church that day. Why you? Think about it

My word for you op, please go back to the church and apologize to your pastor if truly it's just what you narrated here that made you leave. Remember prov 4:6
You never know how far your talent can take you. Humility is key to success in life

Easier said than done

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:
What Happened To Me On Sunday Service In Church

What's your candid view on this?

Recently I joined a church, I know how to play piano but not really well. The church has a standard pianist that plays literally on every church's event. When they discovered I knew how to play, they gave me the opportunity to be playing at least 2 times a month. Honestly, I didn't see myself as a church worker because I've never been to their meeting before. I only play when they tell me to otherwise I stay at the congregation. Last Sunday, I wore a shirt with a suit trouser and a sandals to church, then I wasn't expected to tuck in my shirt with a sandals. When I got to church, the pastor ordered me out of the church to tuck in before coming inside and instructed the ushers to not let me in until I tucked in my shirt. The church was still on and I got so ashamed and embarrassed. Everybody's eyes were on me during that time.

As confused as I was, I angrily left the church that moment to another nearby church.

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church? What's your view on this?

He was trying to get you to look more presentable, in his opinion. It also helped him discover your inbuilt insubordination, just in case he was thinking of giving you more responsibilities.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 28, 2017
Snow5:

By making someone look stupid in front of everyone?
Is that how to correct somebody? A matured human at that? Just because you are one fucking pastor you think you can embarrass people?

smh... Being a Christian also depicts the fact that the pastor can even send you out while the service is ongoing because you didn't tuck in? Waoooooooooo... This is amazing.

But he was just asked to tuck in his shirt...not start World War Five.! grin
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dbanjj1629(m): 3:07pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:
@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

1. Will you leave your job for another because you were scolded by your boss in front of your colleagues?

2. Will you forfeit your admission and rewrite another jamb because your lecturer scolded you in the presence of your classmates for not dressing properly to class? ( Law students know what I mean)

3. Do you benefit from the teachings your pastor share from the pulpit? If yes, why angry that you where corrected by your own pastor.

I'll will put it to you with due respect OP that it was pride that made you leave the church angrily that faithful day because you were instructed to go out and tuck in your shirt.

I am sure that you weren't the only member in church that did not tuck in to church that day. Why you? Think about it

My word for you op, please go back to the church and apologize to your pastor if truly it's just what you narrated here that made you leave. Remember prov 4:6
You never know how far your talent can take you. Humility is key to success in life

true talk. well said bro
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by LeanonGOD(m): 3:08pm On May 28, 2017
When a church grew larger the pastor sometimes becomes Arrogant, Stubborn and Dictatorship - few years ago the pastor of a large church in Ota launch a 100km per hour SLAP on a poor lady. Only In Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:08pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

piece of trash
not everybdy is dogmatised

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Snow5(m): 3:09pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

But he was just asked to tuck in his shirt...not start World War Five.! grin
Was he asked or he was sent out in front of everyone?

Please teach me English na

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ashawopikin(m): 3:10pm On May 28, 2017
Nutase:

Perv alert¿¿

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dhesire(m): 3:10pm On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:

It's not your fault..

Because you are not forced to swear an allegiance to Christianity before you comment that's why you can come here and say nonsense.

You are damned right.
Some of these toddlers in adults frame are spewing thrash about Christ, Church and Christianity because they are not compelled to swear allegiance to Christianity before they comment on pastors, Christ, Church and Christianity matters.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 28, 2017
Nutase:
I'm cumming
lemme cum with you

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by LeanonGOD(m): 3:14pm On May 28, 2017
What part of the Bible is it written that you must be Well dressed before you can go before your Heavenly Father? - Nigerian pastors with their man made rules.
Kay25:
Go back to the church if a church can't discipline u no one else.what they did is rebuke in love.can u dress anyhow to corporate organisation??enn if u cant do that how mich God's house things should be done orderly.he loves u dats y he rebuked u.if u go back u ve more glory than ur shame

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by misano(m): 3:14pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

U are right. I think D pastor has already assumed he is a church worker. And, just like most churches, they always want their workers looking decent. That was 100% pride.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Flamezreal(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2017
I'm bearded , my pastor do call me "Osama" right there in the congregation. I've never for once angered by it. Our liberty as a Christian should not affect our virtues and values(e.g humility). Shalom.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

You are sure he is going to be judged and condemned on final day, but for the pastor who was the instrument for his anger, you say it's only God that has the final say in his own matter; isn't that hypocrisy in 3-D? It's easy for you to condemn the young man but for the case of his pastor, your tongue is tied.

Mtchewww
God will bless u dor spotting the hypocrisy of dude
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by LeanonGOD(m): 3:15pm On May 28, 2017
God Bless you.
Snow5:

Was he asked or he was sent out in front of everyone?

Please teach me English na

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by nikz(f): 3:16pm On May 28, 2017
1. The pastor should have corrected you with love. Pastors are meant to gather flocks, Jesus Christ was a perfect example in this case.
2. You shouldn't have left the way you did. You need to be humble pride doesn't take one anywhere. I know a guy in the church I used to attend b4 I got married, the pastor saw him jisting with a girl he wasn't fornicating oh he was suspended. He humbled himself and served it and when he was through he left the church now he is doing very well.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by taayourty(m): 3:17pm On May 28, 2017
Every organization has a dress code. So far you have been playing the piano you have to follow rules. Have you seen an usher or any chorister dress differently? Your attitude is yet immature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Accused Of Transforming Into An Owl In Lagos (Photos) / Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.