Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,760 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:50 PM

My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service (60986 Views)

Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 3:55pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

Colossians 4 vs 6
Let your speech always be gracious, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how you ought to answer each person. (esv)

God bless.
I asked common question
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 3:56pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:
@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

1. Will you leave your job for another because you were scolded by your boss in front of your colleagues?

2. Will you forfeit your admission and rewrite another jamb because your lecturer scolded you in the presence of your classmates for not dressing properly to class? ( Law students know what I mean)

3. Do you benefit from the teachings your pastor share from the pulpit? If yes, why angry that you where corrected by your own pastor.

I'll will put it to you with due respect OP that it was pride that made you leave the church angrily that faithful day because you were instructed to go out and tuck in your shirt.

I am sure that you weren't the only member in church that did not tuck in to church that day. Why you? Think about it

My word for you op, please go back to the church and apologize to your pastor if truly it's just what you narrated here that made you leave. Remember prov 4:6
You never know how far your talent can take you. Humility is key to success in life

I beg to disagree. What has tucking a shirt got to do with receiving the word? you see, churches these day miss the point that's why we have a lot of people who no longer attend churches. it's messed up really and he did the right thing by walking out. Your comparisons (1 &2) do not apply in this context. Yes, pastors are vessels of the word of God and should be respected as such. In the same vein, respect should be reciprocal. I probably would have had words with him if he did that to me.

Find another church. simple!

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Jaddo19(m): 3:56pm On May 28, 2017
I Think D Pastor Did Right In Correcting U, But He Shouldn't Av Done It In Public

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by redsun(m): 3:58pm On May 28, 2017
Going to church is not a job,it a waste of manpower and viable time that could be for cleaning the filty streets. The only person whose job it is is the pastor or bishop that benefits from the spoils.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ayberry: 3:58pm On May 28, 2017
latsy:
How dare you not tuck in your shirt ?
Don't you know that only people who tucked in with
a suit to match are going to be blessed by Yahweh and make heaven ?
you're kidding right.... Plus don't call Yahweh just in a jest plssssssss... Z for Ur own gud
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by tsmith(f): 4:00pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:
What Happened To Me On Sunday Service In Church

What's your candid view on this?

Recently I joined a church, I know how to play piano but not really well. The church has a standard pianist that plays literally on every church's event. When they discovered I knew how to play, they gave me the opportunity to be playing at least 2 times a month. Honestly, I didn't see myself as a church worker because I've never been to their meeting before. I only play when they tell me to otherwise I stay at the congregation. Last Sunday, I wore a shirt with a suit trouser and a sandals to church, then I wasn't expected to tuck in my shirt with a sandals. When I got to church, the pastor ordered me out of the church to tuck in before coming inside and instructed the ushers to not let me in until I tucked in my shirt. The church was still on and I got so ashamed and embarrassed. Everybody's eyes were on me during that time.

As confused as I was, I angrily left the church that moment to another nearby church.

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church? What's your view on this?

Good thing you took your stand. It's a sheeple mentality when supposed MOGs try to influence people's interpretations and decisions on what and how to be a Christian. In my early days, the church attempted such too. Stating a Christian should be well dressed and in accordance with some bloody nonsense scripture. And what was their interpretation of well dressed? Dressing corporate and not in native. Then I was a banker, in those days of very rigid bankers' dress code of formal suits et al. I wear these monday - Fridays and then they wanted me to wear same.on sunday! Or for evening service, if I'm wearing trousers I wasn't allowed to serve. As a worker in trainer with the RCCG then I challenged this. As the rule was double standards. I was very much aware that across the road at city of david, female users etc wear trousers, not to talk of other RCCG parishes abroad, you see people ministering behind Adeboye in trousers during the festival of life etc. They then came with the model and traditional parish nonsense.

At the end of the day, these mogs have their ulterior and often selfish motives. Its sufficient for them to live by these and continue to fool those that want to be fooled, but as a learned and rationale self thinker; who clearer understands what the bible says you make your decisions. If God isn't happy with it, let him deal with you directly not been told off like a child.

All does advising you, you should have listened or be humble and not proud, they are the classic examples of sheeples. They need a lead goat (mog) to eat grass (the bible, word of God) and then regurgitate this (preach) to them on what to do and not to do. They are too lazy and simple minded to be clear on exactly what the bible says.

I don't blame the mogs as the demand is there, they are simply fulfilling the law of demand and supply. But it's left to you not to a part of the foolly.

Simply put faith, salvation doesn't have a dress code, don't let any blagger tell you otherwise.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by emerged01(m): 4:02pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Recently I joined a church, I know how to play piano but not really well. The church has a standard pianist that plays literally on every church's event. When they discovered I knew how to play, they gave me the opportunity to be playing at least 2 times a month. Honestly, I didn't see myself as a church worker because I've never been to their meeting before. I only play when they tell me to otherwise I stay at the congregation. Last Sunday, I wore a shirt with a suit trouser and a sandals to church, then I wasn't expected to tuck in my shirt with a sandals. When I got to church, the pastor ordered me out of the church to tuck in before coming inside and instructed the ushers to not let me in until I tucked in my shirt. The church was still on and I got so ashamed and embarrassed. Everybody's eyes were on me during that time.

As confused as I was, I angrily left the church that moment to another nearby church.

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church
? What's your view on this?
The pastor sees u as a worker,and being a worker you have to dress decently. If you are not a worker I believe the Pastor won't have worked you out.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by 0079jaBond(m): 4:04pm On May 28, 2017
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Obey before complaining.
Afterward, you can question what prompted his action.

You were not condemned nor judged, so why worry? Once again, obey!
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by shiftback: 4:06pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:
@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

1. Will you leave your job for another because you were scolded by your boss in front of your colleagues?

2. Will you forfeit your admission and rewrite another jamb because your lecturer scolded you in the presence of your classmates for not dressing properly to class? ( Law students know what I mean)

3. Do you benefit from the teachings your pastor share from the pulpit? If yes, why angry that you where corrected by your own pastor.

I'll will put it to you with due respect OP that it was pride that made you leave the church angrily that faithful day because you were instructed to go out and tuck in your shirt.

I am sure that you weren't the only member in church that did not tuck in to church that day. Why you? Think about it

My word for you op, please go back to the church and apologize to your pastor if truly it's just what you narrated here that made you leave. Remember prov 4:6
You never know how far your talent can take you. Humility is key to success in life

Don't take this the wrong way but your analogies are terrible and everything you wrote is BS.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by latsy: 4:07pm On May 28, 2017
ayberry:
you're kidding right.... Plus don't call Yahweh just in a jest plssssssss... Z for Ur own gud
Do you know what Yahweh is ?
Just google it to be properly informed.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by twinskenny(m): 4:07pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church? What's your view on this?

I'm redeem we have dressing code. U must adhere to it.

If you are a worker u suppose to obey authority. Rightly said in the Bible
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ToluNewman: 4:07pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

There are ways you correct people without making thee them feel embarrassed. During my first week at work, my boss called me into his office to help adjust my tie. I didn't know anything was wrong with it but he did. Imagine how I would have felt if he shouted at me in front of everyone?? The Pastor also erred in this situation. Respect is reciprocal.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dangotesmummy: 4:08pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

excuse you.na una type dey massage pastors ego too much.I'm not saying a pastor can't scold or correct but he should have done it in love.there's a way you correct someone that will ginger him to change and not strip him of his self worth.we're all human beings and we have feelings. That your boss embarrasses you in public doesn't make it right. Stop making pastors look like they know it all abeg
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by enemyofprogress: 4:09pm On May 28, 2017
You no fit slap the pastor? Na wetin concern him with your dressing? E no fit try am with me, I go wait for am after service to show am the real me
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by pjmaskalli: 4:10pm On May 28, 2017
Hello, my there friend since you need advice hear this. For the action the pastor took shows that you must have been told how to kit up as a worker, besides he said you should dress properly . please brother is just a correction simple as that. Don't allow pride to over rule you brother. Just take it as a correction. See you at the church for their next program.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by saxwizard(m): 4:11pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

that church is not for u.......pick race sharperly
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by mikedoz(m): 4:12pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

actually when you bring Church matter to a forum like dis, rubbish is what you stands to get. Pls listen to my brother here and have a change of heart. God bless you.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by saxwizard(m): 4:13pm On May 28, 2017
pjmaskalli:
Hello, my there friend since you need advice hear this. For the action the pastor took shows that you must have been told how to kit up as a worker, besides he said you should dress properly . please brother is just a correction simple as that. Don't allow pride to over rule you brother. Just take it as a correction. See you at the church for their next program.

no even if dey hv to correct him it shouldn't be openly to the extent of insisting the usher not to allow him in....that's bad....
a pastor that do that is not fit to be called a pastor
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Xtfield(m): 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
edidiongmichael:

Christians do not have a dress code, but it's good to dress decently. Tucking in your shirt surely adds to your decency. I wont allow my students go about with flying shirts. Most employers wont allow it too. If I were, you, I would have gone out, tuck in my shirt and come in to continue to enjoy my blessings. The m,an who ordered you out was your Pastor, your teacher. He is an authority God has placed over you. Going away means rejecting his authority and by implication, God's own authority. His actions (no matter how bad it may seem) may be a test from God of how broken you are. David said, "Let the righteous smite me, it shall be to me like a sweet smelling ointment on my body". You should have obeyed him and allow God to convict him if he was too harsh on you. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by pjmaskalli: 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
Bellow, my there friend since you need advice hear this. For the action the pastor took shows that you must have been told how to kit up as a worker, besides he said you should dress properly . please brother is just a correction simple as that. Don't allow pride to over rule you brother. Just take it as a correction. See you at the church for their next program.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dangotesmummy: 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
0079jaBond:
Obedience is better than sacrifice.
Obey before complaining.
Afterward, you can question what prompted his action.

You were not condemned nor judged, so why worry? Once again, obey!
he was embarrassed.you don't have to embarrass someone before you correct him

What stops the pastor from calling him to a private place where no one is and say brother A please tuck in.this is how we do here.I'm not trying to tell you how to dress but please you know you'll be ministering and you'll FAce the crowd.the teenagers will want to copy you and I don't want them to be distracted while worshipping God.please help us comply.that's a better way of putting it.trust me he will want to comply not because of church but the way and manner he was spoken too.correction is different from embarrassment. Leaders at whatever level should learn the difference
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by MOSICATED5(m): 4:14pm On May 28, 2017
If u were not preinformed about a dress code or style before u came to church that day. It wrong for d pastor to ask u to go out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dangotesmummy: 4:16pm On May 28, 2017
pjmaskalli:
Bellow, my there friend since you need advice hear this. For the action the pastor took shows that you must have been told how to kit up as a worker, besides he said you should dress properly . please brother is just a correction simple as that. Don't allow pride to over rule you brother. Just take it as a correction. See you at the church for their next program.

the point is must embarrassment take place for him to be corrected?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Kylekent59: 4:18pm On May 28, 2017
Matthew 18:1-2.

Explanation: you must humble yourself as a little child. When u tell a little child to stop playing with broom. The child obeyes immediately. So u also have to obey your pastor. You should have tucked in ur shirt and enter back. Leaving is not the best option. You must never make yourself great in the presence of God.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by leofab(f): 4:18pm On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
grin
Nice one pastor..

Our God is not a God of beer-parlour dressing
so how many clothes did your god create ?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by wahles(m): 4:20pm On May 28, 2017
Basically if I ave rags I should not come to church bkus of standards? If a child is wrong, u dnt hold d microphone and announce his woes to the world! A simple whisper to the ushers to correct him would have been better!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dangotesmummy: 4:24pm On May 28, 2017
Kamamchukwu:
humble My Foot That Is How Those So Called Pastors Will Be Decieving You People Dere Was Nothing Wrong With Op's Dressing As He Described Unless There Is More To It Than Meets The Eye
OK,you know what

Op please tell someone to snap you then upload it on nl.to protect your privacy you can cut off your head so we won't see your face so we can see whether the pastor was right or he over reacted or na you no dress well
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by jice(m): 4:25pm On May 28, 2017
lifestyle1:
He shouldn't have ordered you out during the service .

Meeting with you after church service to advice you about your dress code would have been better.

Pastor's job is to guide the sheep.

Church of this days sef.

I am sorry to say this; I don't think my brother that posited this is "sanctified". He doesn't know if he is yet a worker. He should be made to know that. Also he should know that no "pastor" will allow him dress anyhow and seat on the musical instruments.
Brother cool down and learn.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by sekundosekundo: 4:26pm On May 28, 2017
Codyt:

Cc : sekundosekundo

Shey you can see?

Everything is wrong with the op's reaction to that simple instruction. Leave America out of this for you can't learn respect and humility there. Can the op change his school if his lecturer ask him to dress well?.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Salt3: 4:29pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

Really? [color=#006600][/color] it's amazing how the people think

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by kobzul(m): 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
Tucking in of shirt among d male n female choirs in a church is part of dressing code found in their rules n regulation dat is lay down by most of d churches,so whn u join d choir u surpose 2 av knw dat ur mode of dressing is code n 2 b different 2 dat of congregations or association of bench warmers.So ur pastor is only trying 2 remind or teach u of d dressing code since u ar new 2 d choiring department bt nt embarassing u.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by smileyoo: 4:31pm On May 28, 2017
op look for a spiritually matured church, that 'll help your spiritual growth. a mature pastor would 've admonished you on a prefered dress code, after the service. but why must they even attach so must importance on outward appearance, especially when you 're not even in your natural suites?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Woman Accused Of Transforming Into An Owl In Lagos (Photos) / Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.