Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,735 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:13 PM

My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service (60985 Views)

Father Jude Slumps And Dies In Cameroon While Preaching During Sunday Mass / Lady Twerks In Church During Tithe And Offering / Mast Falls On Chapel In Akwa Ibom During Sunday Service (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dangotesmummy: 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmmm

Sorry, but you actually have a problem...and that is pride.

Remember, the pastor asked you to tuck in your shirt. He did not ask you to go and steal,cheat, lie,or do something that is dishonorable to God.

Thing about being a Chirsitan is that we have to humble ourselves, and follow what our Elder in Christ has to say sometimes.

Modified

[b]I did not know that expressing my opinion on Nairaland could make me so popular. smiley

The sad thing about most of the responses to me here are the fact that some of them have chosen to insult me and call me unprintable names.I have also gotten threatened once too.Chrisitanity in Nigeria has a lot of work to do among the adherents....

For those who tried to politely engage my comment...a big thank you. Yes...tucking in does not make a man right before God...it is what is in his heart that counts. But...at the same time...out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Leaving church because of being asked to tuck in shirt does not show a humble heart.

Am sure that if the OP was asked to tuck in his shirt at his placeof work...he would do so immediately...because he does not want to lose his job.(Being a bit facetious here...I know).

Finally....the point here is humility. Being humble is an ongoing process. It is one I go through everyday...and one I hope to keep on going through. As long as I stay within God's Word.

God bless everyone who put me in their mentions...good and bad. I still love you all anyway![/b]

Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.

James 4 vs 10

Modified 2

I am now officially on drugs, am a hypocrite, and I am all sorts of unprintable things...apparently.

Ah well....God came to save sinners, among who I am chief.

(And by the way, having lost someone close to me to drug abuse, I do not abuse or even tolerate the abuse of drugs. I have even treated drug abusers!)
no wonder there's so much hypocrisy in the church, no wonder everyone is keeping appearances in the church. On Sunday everyone will form holy holy,omo Jesu.on week days we will wear our real character

If your boss ask you to tuck in,you tuck in not necessarily because you agree with his school if thought as far as dressing is concerned, you do it because you don't want your means of sustenance be cut off.a lot of people obey their bosses they hate, despise or gossip about. They don't like his rules but they comply so that they won't be given query but the house of God is not for passing judgements. Telling people how to dress,you end up having pastor pleaser and actors in church painting the impression that they're sanctified
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by enigma2007(m): 4:33pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:
@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

1. Will you leave your job for another because you were scolded by your boss in front of your colleagues?

2. Will you forfeit your admission and rewrite another jamb because your lecturer scolded you in the presence of your classmates for not dressing properly to class? ( Law students know what I mean)

3. Do you benefit from the teachings your pastor share from the pulpit? If yes, why angry that you where corrected by your own pastor.

I'll will put it to you with due respect OP that it was pride that made you leave the church angrily that faithful day because you were instructed to go out and tuck in your shirt.

I am sure that you weren't the only member in church that did not tuck in to church that day. Why you? Think about it

My word for you op, please go back to the church and apologize to your pastor if truly it's just what you narrated here that made you leave. Remember prov 4:6
You never know how far your talent can take you. Humility is key to success in life

Apologize fire! Pastors have introduced their doctrine...

No pastor can tell me that nonsense too... I will call him out asap...
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by enigma2007(m): 4:35pm On May 28, 2017
Jaddo19:
I Think D Pastor Did Right In Correcting U, But He Shouldn't Av Done It In Public

Wrong on all ramification... He should face the business of winning souls for Christ and be more interested in the spiritual health of his members

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Spells(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2017
grin grin grin I just dey laf in 3d ....all this new generation churches self ...to flog that pastor dey hungry me
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by zurumking(m): 4:38pm On May 28, 2017
[quote author=stanley99a post=56956730]@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

1. Will you leave your job for another because you were scolded by your boss in front of your colleagues?

2. Will you forfeit your admission and rewrite another jamb because your lecturer scolded you in the presence of your classmates for not dressing properly to class? ( Law students know what I mean)

3. Do you benefit from the teachings your pastor share from the pulpit? If yes, why angry that you where corrected by your own pastor.

I'll will put it to you with due respect OP that it was pride that made you leave the church angrily that faithful day because you were instructed to go out and tuck in your shirt.

I am sure that you weren't the only member in church that did not tuck in to church that day. Why you? Think about it

My word for you op, please go back to the church and apologize to your pastor if truly it's just what you narrated here that made you leave. Remember prov 4:6
You never know how far your talent can take you. Humility is key to success in life

God bless you. the truth shall set us free. keep it up
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by KevMitnick: 4:41pm On May 28, 2017
Conformity and Control, that's what's it is about.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by igwegeorgiano(m): 4:41pm On May 28, 2017
latsy:
How dare you not tuck in your shirt ?
Don't you know that only people who tucked in with
a suit to match are going to be blessed by Yahweh and make heaven ?
see you which part of d scripture did u discovered that from?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by 0079jaBond(m): 4:42pm On May 28, 2017
dangotesmummy:
he was embarrassed.you don't have to embarrass someone before you correct him

What stops the pastor from calling him to a private place where no one is and say brother A please tuck in.this is how we do here.I'm not trying to tell you how to dress but please you know you'll be ministering and you'll FAce the crowd.the teenagers will want to copy you and I don't want them to be distracted while worshipping God.please help us comply.that's a better way of putting it.trust me he will want to comply not because of church but the way and manner he was spoken too.correction is different from embarrassment. Leaders at whatever level should learn the difference

Well, you're right to some degree but the truth about being a leader is that you cannot always act right. While some decisions or actions can be seen as "unfair", others may be regarded as just, so to say. However, what matters most is for the fellow to simply heed to instruction.

Let me give you an example which centers on our African mothers. While I was growing up, my mother scolded me in embarrassing fashion sometimes. You're with your friends or maybe playing around and you'll hear things like: "this is why you're not serious, I wonder what your friends teach you. Come on, go inside!" Voila, embarrassing, init?! I trust you agree with me. And should I rebel? O boy, double wahala!

So I insist, obedience is better than sacrifice. Obey before complain.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by dangotesmummy: 4:50pm On May 28, 2017
0079jaBond:

Well, you're right to some degree but the truth about being a leader is that you cannot always act right. While some decisions or actions can be seen as "unfair", others may be regarded as just, so to say. However, what matters most is for the fellow to simply heed to instruction.

Let me give you an example which centers on our African mothers. While I was growing up, my mother scolded me in embarrassing fashion sometimes. You're with your friends or maybe playing around and you'll hear things like: "this is why you're not serious, I wonder what your friends teach you. Come on, go inside!" Voila, embarrassing, init?! I trust you agree with me. And should I rebel? O boy, double wahala!

So I insist, obedience is better than sacrifice. Obey before complain.
obey before complain.no wonder Nigeria is where it is.like a person doesn't have self will or brain?is the only method of correction embarrassment?

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 4:55pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

Well....even then....tucking in the shirt is hardly a life changing decision....

When I was abroad...I was once asked by a secuirty guard at a shop to remove the hoodie i was wearing at the time. I did so cheerfully, and that was that. The earth did not shake as a result.
it is because you are black and a Nigerian and you scared of......

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by destiny4life: 4:59pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmmm

Remember, the pastor asked you to tuck in your shirt. He did not ask you to go and steal,cheat, lie,or do something that is dishonorable to God.

Thing about being a Chirsitan is that we have to humble ourselves, and follow what our Elder in Christ has to say sometimes.

Modified

[b]I did not know that expressing my opinion on Nairaland could make me so popular. smiley

The sad thing about most of the responses to me here are the fact that some of them have chosen to insult me and call me unprintable names.I have also gotten threatened once too.Chrisitanity in Nigeria has a lot of work to do among the adherents....

For those who tried to politely engage my comment...a big thank you. Yes...tucking in does not make a man right before God...it is what is in his heart that counts. But...at the same time...out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaks. Leaving church because of being asked to tuck in shirt does not show a humble heart.

Am sure that if the OP was asked to tuck in his shirt at his placeof work...he would do so immediately...because he does not want to lose his job.(Being a bit facetious here...I know).

Finally....the point here is humility. Being humble is an ongoing process. It is one I go through everyday...and one I hope to keep on going through. As long as I stay within God's Word.

God bless everyone who put me in their mentions...good and bad. I still love you all anyway![/b]

James 4 vs 10

Modified 2

I am now officially on drugs, am a hypocrite, and I am all sorts of unprintable things...apparently.

(And by the way, having lost someone close to me to drug abuse, I do not abuse or even tolerate the abuse of drugs. I have even treated drug abusers!)

Thank you for this. I really love it. What most people can't do in their place of work they tend to bring it to church.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 5:00pm On May 28, 2017
luwathobi:
it is because you are black and a Nigerian and you scared of......

What?

If your boss told you to tuck in, will you resign your job?

For this recession?

Abeg...tucking in a shirt won't cause the sun to go supernova.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by ROBO1722: 5:13pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:
@Op, leaving the church angrily because you were scolded or ordered to go tuck in your shirt by your pastor is very wrong I must tell you. My questions to you..

THE PASTOR DOES NOT HAVE ANY RIGHT TO ASK A MEMBER OUT BECAUSE HE DID NOT TUCK-IN HIS SHIRT.

SINCE I LEFT SECONDARY SKOL……I NEVER TUCK-IN MY DRESS, because I DONT LIKE TUCKING-IN.

THE PASTOR CAN ONLY ORDER SOMEONE OUT IF THE CHURCH HAS A DRESSING CODE AND IF THE PERSON IS AN OLD MEMBER OF THE CHURCH OR IF THE PERSON IS WEARING THE OPPOSITE SEX DRESS
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by hadura29(m): 5:17pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:
Hmmm

Modified

James 4 vs 10

Modified 2

Now that you had popular, I haf dash you one like to make it 100. The guy doesn't know that the pastor is in His office, God is the CEO.

Omode lon se
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by mostHandsome01: 5:19pm On May 28, 2017
pweetiedee:

The house of God is in our heart.
Churches these days are nothing but social gatherings.
thats very true.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Maeka(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2017
PLS JUST LISTEN TO YOUR SELF, IF YOU ARE TO APPEAR BEFORE A BOARD FOR A JOB INTERVIEW, WILL YOU DRESS LIKE THAT? GOD WILL HAVE MERCY ON YOU.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by donnie(m): 5:20pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

Preach it bro! Many young gospel artists wanna be like Sinach and Frank Edwards, but they're unwilling to find out how they got there and what training they've been through.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Edopesin: 5:21pm On May 28, 2017
crazysaint:
Bro forget about humility here. church is not a secondary which student are being checked by the teachers on how the dress, neither is it a military ground. For crying out loud , this is Christ church, a pastor has no right to tell me how to dress even if I chose to walk naked
grin i dont want to start quoting bible verse but u can't jst dress like a lout to the house of God

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by chrisj2(m): 5:22pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

Pastor should have been more respectful and humble himself. The man went to another church - he does not need to go to that particular church; he is newish anyway.

Pastor are not above anyone - they are servants of God; and should not be put on pedestals.

Good move! Dress as you like - you are not there to please the Pastor but God.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by TD4real: 5:23pm On May 28, 2017
What nonsense write up.
9jakohai:
Hmmm

Modified

James 4 vs 10

Modified 2

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by gGGODDd(m): 5:24pm On May 28, 2017
Nutase:
I'm cumming
You Cumming? Some one fuckin u?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by chrisj2(m): 5:24pm On May 28, 2017
xtivin:

Op, You were wrong to have left the church because your pastor scolded you. First, I don't think you are born again, because if you were born again you would know what it means to obey authorities it is this that will qualify you to be a worker. So it's obvious you weren't properly baked. Secondly, a church like redeem for instance is full of laws and regulations hence you must be disciplined to be a worker. Thirdly it is believed that a pastor is a Messanger of God, is that how you will run away from God if he scold you..Finaly, in as much as the pastor lack professionalism, yet you are to be blamed more

He does not want to be a Worker! He is just part of the congregation and did Jesus reject anyone that comes to him?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 5:25pm On May 28, 2017
TD4real:
What nonsense write up.

That's true....my muse Thalia thinks so as well. Such a demanding person, muses....
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by shaqhead: 5:26pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

Yes I know...that's why I rely on God to give me wisdom whenever He thinks i need it.

God bless you.
Guy God bless you plenty...this folks will rather drag you to their level than accept the truth in ur words...u do kno how to make these folks choke on love!

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by chrisj2(m): 5:30pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

That is true. I am a hypocrite.

It is why I decided to follow Jesus...to hopefully cure me of my hypocrisy.

As you can see, I am a work in progress!

The Lord keep you, and thanks.

Bullocks! Your politeness does not mask your lack of
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 5:31pm On May 28, 2017
chrisj2:

Bullocks! Your politeness does not mask your lack of

OK...I am not a Christian.. Heheheh.I agree with you. You got me good.

May Freya bless you, and may Skaldi keep your enemies cold....

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by amylomo(f): 5:38pm On May 28, 2017
latsy:
How dare you not tuck in your shirt ? Don't you know that only people who tucked in with a suit to match are going to be blessed by Yahweh and make heaven ?
Lmfao
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by OtemAtum: 5:45pm On May 28, 2017
stanley99a:

Job or Pastor, which one is better? Admission or pastor, which one is more important? Pls don't compare having a job with leaving a pastor. Job are scare these days but pastors are everywhere. At the OP, you have made the right choice.
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Jaddo19(m): 5:46pm On May 28, 2017
enigma2007:

Wrong on all ramification... He should face the business of winning souls for Christ and be more interested in the spiritual health of his members
Am Sure He Is A New Convert, They Re Not To Be Treated Like Dat,, U Would End Up Scaring Dem Off
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by OtemAtum: 5:49pm On May 28, 2017
9jakohai:

What?

If your boss told you to tuck in, will you resign your job?

For this recession?

Abeg...tucking in a shirt won't cause the sun to go supernova.
sheeple spotted
Abeg your boss or your pastor, which one is doing you more good.
I'll say it's your boss for paying you salary.
Your pastor is bad for collecting part of your salary as tithe and offering while offering you want you already know.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by sampark201: 5:50pm On May 28, 2017
Boss from my look of things and understanding , some people are filled with the holy spirit but for some few minutes still allow the devil to use them block other people's blessing.. if i was to be in your shoes i would have, tuck in the shirt and went into the church, after the service i go sweep my leg till further notice for the church, or still attending. no let one person hold you captive or because of that one change church, thou God is everywhere even in your heart .. ..
edidiongmichael:
What Happened To Me On Sunday Service In Church

What's your candid view on this?

Recently I joined a church, I know how to play piano but not really well. The church has a standard pianist that plays literally on every church's event. When they discovered I knew how to play, they gave me the opportunity to be playing at least 2 times a month. Honestly, I didn't see myself as a church worker because I've never been to their meeting before. I only play when they tell me to otherwise I stay at the congregation. Last Sunday, I wore a shirt with a suit trouser and a sandals to church, then I wasn't expected to tuck in my shirt with a sandals. When I got to church, the pastor ordered me out of the church to tuck in before coming inside and instructed the ushers to not let me in until I tucked in my shirt. The church was still on and I got so ashamed and embarrassed. Everybody's eyes were on me during that time.

As confused as I was, I angrily left the church that moment to another nearby church.

Then I started thinking, Do we really have to tuck in our shirts to show how holy we are in church? What do you think had prompted the pastor to order me out? Do Christians have a dressing code? Will I be judged on the final day for letting loose my shirt to church? What's your view on this?
Re: My Pastor Ordered Me Out Of The Church During Sunday Service by Nobody: 5:55pm On May 28, 2017
OtemAtum:
sheeple spotted
Abeg your boss or your pastor, which one is doing you more good.
I'll say it's your boss for paying you salary.
Your pastor is bad for collecting part of your salary as tithe and offering while offering you want you already know.

Well....there is a simple lesson to be learned ...and that is humility.

The Pastor asked him to tuck in his shirt. Not to go and kill someone, not to go and burn down someone's house...but to tuck in his shirt.

Or would you be pleased if someone in a social group you led refused to obey your orders?

Would tucking in his shirt have caused a major disaster that would have wiped out half of earth'spopulaiton?

The guy was asked to tuck in his shirt. And the way he behaved...if he behaves like that in church, he will behave like that at work someday. And then he would be in big trobule.

When you were in school...you had uniform codes. That was there to 1) prepare you for the world of tomorrow where you have to wear uniforms, like in factories, labs, courtrooms, police, etc...2) to prepare you for the fact that you are going to be under authority...and you may have to learn how to follow.

One Soviet naval officer once wrote about his experiences in Naval officer training school 'We were to be the future of the Soviet Navy, the leaders of the fleet. But before we led., we had to learn how to follow.'

We had to learn how to follow.

If you do not know how to follow...you won't be a good leader. Sorry...you can call me sheeple ....but you have to learn to be small,before you can become big.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Woman Accused Of Transforming Into An Owl In Lagos (Photos) / Chris Okafor Acquires A Private Jet (Photos) / Islamic Cleric Arrested Over 3-day Marathon Sex Deliverance From 'mammy Water'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.