Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,093 members, 7,811,062 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:02 PM

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (47) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (322797 Views)

Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 / How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Felixjude(m): 2:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Felixjude:

Am currently facing same problem. Mine
uploaded 1-4 and getting to the 5th, after sometime it will say "there was error in uploading your interview, contact hirevue....." and this cycle has continued like 3 times now.

Please guys, can I possibly get a solution to this... Like writing to shell for another link or someone here helping me upload please... Am running nuts here. At least, let it be that I applied, if the love letter comes, no wahala.
Please help a brother if you have got a good network, I'd send my interview code. Thanks. 07032623352

Please someone with a very good network Please help me upload my video interview nau.. I'd send the interview code to you. Plzzzzzz.
Chai!! My village people will not succeed this time Aswear
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jun 10, 2017
What pains me most is my mb I wasted. Now I've gotten a regret mail...e no pain me oh. But I wish them fit return my mb for me....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by callmemikel(m): 3:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

I have been reading and mostly ignoring people's comment but I think I should contribute now so that people can relax abit.

First, i seriously doubt shell will send any "success" mail till atleast 2 weeks after the deadline. The reason is that they don't have a standard cut off, they cut off will shift with how good the initial screening criteria is: if for example 10 take this cognitive test and they only need 1 person for the position and can only interview 5 people, they can decide to reject the bottom 5 and wait for more people to apply and see their score, they can keep rejecting the bottom people and maintain the top 5 till they are sure no more applications are coming in.

Also, I don't believe they have reviewed the interviews yet, just do the maths, 15 mins X the number of applicants, it's more likely this first screening is based on cognitive test or something else, the video interview would likely be screened later after reducing the number.

So my people just chill till atleast 2 week after the deadline, this is actually mostly based on the time line from the previous applications. Go and do your research on previous shell application timeline.

Goodluck peeps
I chose to disagree. I think they have benchmark. Once one doesn't meet the benchmark for the test & probably the work-style & interview , it's regret mail straight. Then after the whole test period, they will now be screening people out based on CV, Work-style, skills, interview & the likes

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by islamics(m): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2017
BiggyB242:
Have you done the video interview?
Not yet o. I done try am tire. I even uninstall the app; na to install am and try again. Though I have send them a mail already.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Greatbee: 3:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
callmemikel:

I chose to disagree. I think they have benchmark. Once one doesn't meet the benchmark for the test & probably the work-style & interview , it's regret mail straight. Then after the whole test period, they will now be screening people out based on CV, Work-style, skills, interview & the likes
yea, thats it. and the fact dat someone didnt get a regret mail after the test doesnt mean dat it wont come, if the necessary tins are not in place. The online assessment is only a prerequisite to the main screening.

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by milliman(m): 3:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
raphafire:
What pains me most is my mb I wasted. Now I've gotten a regret mail...e no pain me oh. But I wish them fit return my mb for me....

Regret mail on a Saturday sad
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by milliman(m): 3:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
callmemikel:

Na the same thing una dey talk nah.. English hard sha
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jun 10, 2017
milliman:

Regret mail on a Saturday sad
YES
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by scarplanet(m): 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
Just passing by... angry
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by jayloms: 4:51pm On Jun 10, 2017
milliman:

Lmao grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Lorenx(m): 5:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
ok
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Lnxxxxx(m): 5:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
callmemikel:

Possible, but the tricky thing about bench mark is that there is a rare possibly that no one meets your criteria or you end up with too few people to meet your target (for example they may have a quota for female intake or people of Niger Delta origin and they end up with no one from these criteria meeting this benchmark). The problem is when you are too quick to send reject and then later realize you don't have anything to work with, then what next?

HR are always flexible and understand playing with numbers and probability. They also understand that these test and accessment are not perfect so they would rather have 10 people that almost meet their criteria interview for 2 positions than just 3 people to work with. The key thing is making sure you have enough candidate else you run into problems.

Well, all of this is just conjecture, it's very possible I am wrong.

10 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Mikkyboy(m): 6:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

Possible, but the tricky thing about bench mark is that there is a rare possibly that no one meets your criteria or you end up with too few people to meet your target (for example they may have a quota for female intake or people of Niger Delta origin and they end up with no one from these criteria meeting this benchmark). The problem is when you are too quick to send reject and then later realize you don't have anything to work with, then what next?

HR are always flexible and understand playing with numbers and probability. They also understand that these test and accessment are not perfect so they would rather have 10 people that almost meet their criteria interview for 2 positions than just 3 people to work with. The key thing is making sure you have enough candidate else you run into problems.

You are a very intelligent being. Thanks for educating people. There are somethings Some of us cannot do or say here.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Engrobiorah(m): 6:49pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lorenx:
Ok, Am currently working in an oil and gas servicing industry in Nigeria, for my interview I had to buy this E-book on EXPLORATION TO DISTRIBUTION of oil and gas.

The book covers a lot on the oil and gas industry, and with it no interview question on oil and gas can be a challenge to anyone.

if you are interested mail me lorenxanene@gmail.com
Scam

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

don't be too sure. This is Nigeria, talents are not scarce. For every bench mark for most graduate position, there will be nothing less than 200 candidate that will fit in. @ second bolded, you re advertise. In countries where talents are a bit scare and have high bench marks, positions as this are left open for close to a year. Thats to tell you, they have their standards. Employers have their bench marks, they don't just go for the available.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by clans(f): 7:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Felixjude:

Please someone with a very good network Please help me upload my video interview nau.. I'd send the interview code to you. Plzzzzzz.
Chai!! My village people will not succeed this time Aswear
Let me help you
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Fredoh(m): 8:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
milliman:

You don't need any past jaguns just work on your speed the questions are basic abi u need past question to know that Obi is a boy and Simbi is a girli no.. wish you success my fellow shell staff God willing
Thanks bro.
Let's do our best and cover everything with prayer

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Fredoh(m): 9:01pm On Jun 10, 2017
athorello:

You no dey pity for those wey dey get love letter upandan, do I still dey hope and pray for the best. You get mind still dey hask for help. This competition is stiff o cos I'm seeing average of 1.5 slots per job role if not less.
Hahahaha.
Sorry sir, I just de try see if I can help myself ni wo.
For those who got the regret letters; I say sorry.
Know that life is glorious outside shell.
Let not your zeal and enthusiasm go down.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Lnxxxxx(m): 9:52pm On Jun 10, 2017
majekdom2:
don't be too sure. This is Nigeria, talents are not scarce. For every bench mark for most graduate position, there will be nothing less than 200 candidate that will fit in. @ second bolded, you re advertise. In countries where talents are a bit scare and have high bench marks, positions as this are left open for close to a year. Thats to tell you, they have their standards. Employers have their bench marks, they don't just go for the available.

Fair, but remember I was painting a scenario. Also, shell is not that hard to get into and their recruitment is not so difficult compare to some companies. In addition, shell is a major coy that will always have a robust system, they need the staff, they need them to be Nigerians (NOGICDA) and their staff turn over is quite high; they don't have the luxury of being very selective. Especially now that they are using a new recruitment process: they don't have precedence for setting a comfortable benchmark.

I will paint 2 scenario using real life coys that have standards to keep for you:

GE is such coy, my friend works there in their US branch and they would love to recruit Nigerians more regularly but they did their research and concluded that our education system is "Junk". So they don't offer some of their best programs on Naija like their Edison program but they recruit once in a while and prefer experienced. Infact there was a time they were looking for graduate with GRE scores so that they can sponsor their higher education in US. That's a company with standards that's trying to adapt to their environment.

McKinsey and company on the other have standards they are not willing to compromise on. They invite you for their PST (although their ADH uses shl). They have a strict cut off mark, meet it or get a reject, after which you will need to survive a serious of interviews (case studies and Co, they even offer you tutorials before these interview, gives you an idea how difficult they are). Infact, their recruitment process is so hard that they hire less than one percent of the applications they receive. You have a better chance getting into stanford or Harvard mba program.

In summary, I don't believe their is such a strict benchmark else people would have received and instant rejection minutes after their cognitive test. They wouldn't have even bothered allowing you clog their severs with you plenty stories about why we want plenty more....oh sorry I mean why we want to work for shell grin

Caveat: Abeg no reference anything above ooo, na some facts mixed with observations and some assumptions.

8 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by kenkels: 10:00pm On Jun 10, 2017
Shell job, na wah o

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2017
I still have not received regret mail since last week Sunday though I might still get it as my undergraduate degree is less than 2013.

SCREENING

From international job sites such as
glassdoor and my research, Shell recruitment
is screened in d following approach

a. Computer robots send u regret mail already
programmed based on your cognitive tests score
if it doesn't reach the cut off mark of your country

b. Same Computer robot will send u regret mail based on your personality test. U must have at least 4 positive feedback out of 6

c. This Computer robot also screens u based on your eye contact to the webcam or camera during
your interview.

Immediate regret mail most of u received at this stage is done by d robot. At a later date in d recruitment process, humans check your interview response, CV, job requirements and documents. Based on that, u will b invited for final stage which will involve online live interview and case study feedback.

16 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

Fair, but remember I was painting a scenario. Also, shell is not that hard to get into and their recruitment is not so difficult compare to some companies. In addition, shell is a major coy that will always have a robust system, they need the staff, they need them to be Nigerians (NOGICDA) and their staff turn over is quite high; they don't have the luxury of being very selective. Especially now that they are using a new recruitment process: they don't have precedence for setting a comfortable benchmark.

I will paint 2 scenario using real life coys that have standards to keep for you:

GE is such coy, my friend works there in their US branch and they would love to recruit Nigerians more regularly but they did their research and concluded that our education system is "Junk". So they don't offer some of their best programs on Naija like their Edison program but they recruit once in a while and prefer experienced. Infact there was a time they were looking for graduate with GRE scores so that they can sponsor their higher education in US. That's a company with standards that's trying to adapt to their environment.

McKinsey and company on the other have standards they are not willing to compromise on. They invite you for their PST (although their ADH uses shl). They have a strict cut off mark, meet it or get a reject, after which you will need to survive a serious of interviews (case studies and Co, they even offer you tutorials before these interview, gives you an idea how difficult they are). Infact, their recruitment process is so hard that they hire less than one percent of the applications they receive. You have a better chance getting into stanford or Harvard mba program.

In summary, I don't believe their is such a strict benchmark else people would have received and instant rejection minutes after their cognitive test. They wouldn't have even bothered allowing you clog their severs with you plenty stories about why we want plenty more....oh sorry I mean why we want to work for shell grin

Caveat: Abeg no reference anything above ooo, na some facts mixed with observations and some assumptions.
this is the only thing I'd go with it. There are so many flaws in your post. Shell like many oil companies is tough to get in... do your research again. It may not be tough if you know how to play your way round the recruiting exercise and a few network. But for so many of you on this thread right now, it is. Like I said, all companies have their bench marks. The Edison stuff you mentioned is not just peculiar to Nigeria, GE's standard is rare. GE is bigger than shell so you expect a tougher standard and considering the kind of job they do same with Mckinsey. The consulting firms prefer foreign degrees and certification as it is more theoritical. Like I told you, Talents are not scare in Nigeria. That makes the competition tougher. There are individuals that are Nigerians in Nigeria that qualify for same edison program. Ask your friend he will tell you. Yes, shell will always need staff but it seems you are not familiar with the oil industry. Over the past 3 years due to the slump in oil price, recruiting has slowed, lay offs has been more. Shell is still laying off. Right now, the oil industry is less of attraction and more of retention. I will always commend shell for their openess as compared to other IOC's. I know about 5 folks that got into shell at entry level between 2013 and 2015. Mobil's last entry level was 2013 but people have been coming in same with Total, worst is AGIP. You mentioned NOGIC, Of course no company recruits foreigners at entry level.

4 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by callmemikel(m): 10:26pm On Jun 10, 2017
milliman:

I dnt knw it's hard for you to comprehend easily. He is saying no standard cut-off i.e. variation in the cut-off as results troop in. I'm saying there's is a fixed benchmark, once u don't meet up with it u get romanced with love letter. No delay on such occasion.
It's not compulsory to be savage b
Mr ITK.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by callmemikel(m): 10:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

It's what they would have been doing for years. No matter how, they would still get their candidates from any region or by gender. The competition no be for here.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by DreManuel(m): 11:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

FYI, GE offers Edison in Nigeria. I know 2 or 3 Edisons and I've been to the final interview of the same. But you are right, its about the best entry program in the world at GE. Although you said we shouldn't reference anything cos you don't have all the facts, but I thought I could shed light on this assumption you made.

Nevertheless, it's an added advantage to have a foreign degree to get into most of these multinationals esp GE. But abeg, if you know any such opportunities for people with GRE scores, I full ground o. In fact my result is just about 6 months old and a bit competitive.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Lnxxxxx(m): 11:45pm On Jun 10, 2017
majekdom2:
this is the only thing I'd go with it. There are so many flaws in your post. Shell like many oil companies is tough to get in... do your research again. It may not be tough if you know how to play your way round the recruiting exercise and a few network. But for so many of you on this thread right now, it is. Like I said, all companies have their bench marks. The Edison stuff you mentioned is not just peculiar to Nigeria, GE's standard is rare. GE is bigger than shell so you expect a tougher standard and considering the kind of job they do same with Mckinsey. The consulting firms prefer foreign degrees and certification as it is more theoritical. Like I told you, Talents are not scare in Nigeria. That makes the competition tougher. There are individuals that are Nigerians in Nigeria that qualify for same edison program. Ask your friend he will tell you. Yes, shell will always need staff but it seems you are not familiar with the oil industry. Over the past 3 years due to the slump in oil price, recruiting has slowed, lay offs has been more. Shell is still laying off. Right now, the oil industry is less of attraction and more of retention. I will always commend shell for their openess as compared to other IOC's. I know about 5 folks that got into shell at entry level between 2013 and 2015. Mobil's last entry level was 2013 but people have been coming in same with Total, worst is AGIP. You mentioned NOGIC, Of course no company recruits foreigners at entry level.

Damn! I made a mistake undecided

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Libo45: 6:57am On Jun 11, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

Hmmm, I have 4 years oil and gas experience in a multinational servicing coy. I have too many friends in shell, infact 2 joined them from my department last year. Yes oil and gas is more attraction but shell fires regularly that's why they recruit regularly. I think they only have a rig in naija at the moment but planning to bring another, thus I don't know where they plan to put all the new recruits. The oil and gas industry is a small community when you find your niche. I have over a year consulting experience and know they don't discriminate with respect to foreign degrees and have friends there too. The only preference they may have is for MBA holders. And I never restricted GE Edison ish to naija, o really don't know.

The above is fact.

Our highly intelligent and experienced Ogas. We knw say una get bragging rights and know the ins and out of all the oil companies. But abeg make una end all this fruitless talk, it won't help any of us. It may even intimidate some of us wey no knw anything about what you're saying. You can open another thread for that. Thank you.

BTW, what's that talk about Shell's having just one oil rig in the country? Is it a drilling company? Y not talk about how many fields it has, the no. of FPSOs, Terminals, Onshore fields, Offices, etc. If Shell wan take a reasonable amount of Nigerians, they can and will.

We only dey vex say dem dey stress ppl anyhow, after which they serve them regret letter, making ppl feel less of themselves. Did some of their current serving managers pass through this rigorous process? Are they not doing well?

Anyways... Come what may, make we flex life o. How many successful ppl works with shell by the way? Its been 8 days after I completed my own tests. Maybe I'll get served today. grin

Cheers

7 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 7:13am On Jun 11, 2017
Lnxxxxx:

Hmmm, I have 4 years oil and gas experience in a multinational servicing coy. I have too many friends in shell, infact 2 joined them from my department last year. Yes oil and gas is more attraction but shell fires regularly that's why they recruit regularly. I think they only have a rig in naija at the moment but planning to bring another, thus I don't know where they plan to put all the new recruits. The oil and gas industry is a small community when you find your niche. I have over a year consulting experience and know they don't discriminate with respect to foreign degrees and have friends there too. The only preference they may have is for MBA holders. And I never restricted GE Edison ish to naija, o really don't know.

The above is fact.
Correct @ fire If you know how the industry works, recruits don't really work on rigs... Like daily work on rig. There are various departments, well engineering and production are departments that may be involved with rigs. The rest may not really have businesses with rigs. If you truly in this industry, you will know that FID for Bonga south west is on the way, so you should expect them to recruit. I wasn't trying to brag by metioning shell's employees. I sabi dem, no mean say na me. One can know hundreds of people somewhere, the fact remains it is not you. I only wanted to point the fact that they have bench marks and if you meet up, you can get it but that they will compromise their standards to go for the "available" then you need to do your research again. It's always on merit. Like someone rightly said, regret mails coming in at the moment is being sent by a Robot and that's because they have set a bench mark for every of the test that has been taken. I mentioned foreign degree because you mentioned Mckinsey and GE. Yes, Mckinsey have got preference for those degrees and MBA
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by samuel3818: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2017
Hi all. Please quote me. Do I need an headset for the video interview on an android phone?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Lnxxxxx(m): 8:07am On Jun 11, 2017
Libo45:

Our highly intelligent and experienced Ogas. We knw say una get bragging rights and know the ins and out of all the oil companies. But abeg make una end all this fruitless talk, it won't help any of us. It may even intimidate some of us wey no knw anything about what you're saying. You can open another thread for that. Thank you.

BTW, what's that talk about Shell's having just one oil rig in the country? Is it a drilling company? Y not talk about how many fields it has, the no. of FPSOs, Terminals, Onshore fields, Offices, etc. If Shell wan take a reasonable amount of Nigerians, they can and will.

We only dey vex say dem dey stress ppl anyhow, after which they serve them regret letter, making ppl feel less of themselves. Did some of their current serving managers pass through this rigorous process? Are they not doing well?

Anyways... Come what may, make we flex life o. How many successful ppl works with shell by the way? Its been 8 days after I completed my own tests. Maybe I'll get served today. grin

Cheers

Correct and morning peeps

(1) (2) (3) ... (44) (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) ... (85) (Reply)

PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.