Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,281 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:03 AM

Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 - Jobs/Vacancies (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 (323398 Views)

Shell Nigeria (SPDC) Graduate Trainee Recruitment, 2019 / Apply For The MTN Nigeria Graduate Personal Assistant Recruitment 2017 / How To Apply For Shell Nigeria Graduate Trainee Recruitment 2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (85) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by xclusiveguy4(m): 9:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
CallofDuty:
chai....una no go kill person with laff...
grin
CallofDuty:
chai....una no go kill person with laff...
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by xclusiveguy4(m): 9:30pm On Jun 11, 2017
woodfrank:

Which kain wahala be dz for NL na. You people will not kee me with laff! grin

lol
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by kiete(m): 9:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
geodemainguy:
I used Infinix hot 4 with the HireVue app. It's very perfect using smartphone than laptop, the network reach, Ram processor and front camera pixel makes it wonderful.

You just need to close eyes and subscribe your phone, so that you won't experience data shortage. You need to be very vibrant in your use of English. Try and demonstrate a bit, smile and always maintain eye contact.

Do not always give a direct answers to the questions, try as you can to relate situations within your environment in answering. Me, I had to relate issues that happened in my village as a reason why I want to join Shell, in other to ensure a repeat do not occur.

Lastly, read through about Shell group of petrochemical companies. Focus more on their innovation and future target for cleaner energy. This will help you answer some of the technical questions. If you are using mobile phone, Close and log out all your social media apps, divert all your calls before you begin.

See you all, at Shell.
Thanks for sharing

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mekino3: 10:00pm On Jun 11, 2017
And finally d love letter has been served....chaii...nawa oo...
Naw I knw its real... cry cry cry cry
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Bsharp: 10:02pm On Jun 11, 2017
Tee24:

Don't take the practice immediately you put in your interview code. Click begin and follow the guide, you will see another practice that would automatically replay by itself
Thanks man
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Hkana: 10:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
scarplanet:

Let's just say that deciphering figures, shapes and patterns have always been my hobby since 1914. grin
Did you use a phone or a computer?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by tyakson99: 10:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
grin grin grin
scarplanet:

Let's just say that deciphering figures, shapes and patterns have always been my hobby since 1914. grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by tyakson99: 10:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
mekino3:
lol, before you think say na joke? anyway welcome to the real world
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by DreManuel(m): 10:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
If a regret mail is called a "love letter", what shall we call success mail when they are served?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jun 11, 2017
DreManuel:
If a regret mail is called a "love letter", what shall we call success mail when they are served?
Words and opposite grin. We'll say it's a "Hate letter" grin. Still hoping. 6 days now smiley.

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by mavinc4u(f): 12:43am On Jun 12, 2017
I have gone through response here and nobody has received any success mail. My younger sister did and she got regret too. I really wonder the criteria they use in grading people.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by scarplanet(m): 1:13am On Jun 12, 2017
Hkana:

Did you use a phone or a computer?

I used a laptop
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by scarplanet(m): 1:15am On Jun 12, 2017
mavinc4u:
I have gone through response here and nobody has received any success mail. My younger sister did and she got regret too. I really wonder the criteria they use in grading people.

CAR criteria:
Capacity
Achievement
Responsibility

2 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by MyPicsSaysItall: 1:35am On Jun 12, 2017
scarplanet:

I used a laptop
I have been trying to do the interview on my laptop BUT 'Your camera is in use by another program. please close the program and click here to try again' keeps popping. I have checked and made sure no program is running but the same message still keeps showing.

please, do you have any idea on how I can resolve that
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 4:17am On Jun 12, 2017
MyPicsSaysItall:
I have been trying to do the interview on my laptop BUT 'Your camera is in use by another program. please close the program and click here to try again' keeps popping. I have checked and made sure no program is running but the same message still keeps showing.

...on that page where u see try again click on help centre then computer interview...u will see instruction on how to solve that kind of issue. Had dat problem too when I wanted to do mine bt wz later able to after following dia instruction
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by charlie42(m): 4:20am On Jun 12, 2017
scarplanet:

I first received the interview invite within 12 hours after submitting application... then the assessment invite came in about 6 hours later...
If u are yet to get the invite, mail career@shell.com
Yes I got the mail for the on-demand video interview. I guess that stage will lead to the cognitive and oda interview questions?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Hkana: 4:55am On Jun 12, 2017
scarplanet:

I used a laptop

Okay, thanks.
Do you have any idea if the test can be done on Mobile?

Modified

I've seen the test link and the devices are listed. Thanks again.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by xclusiveguy4(m): 5:26am On Jun 12, 2017
mekino3:

OH! you think say na joke before

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by AlwaysUltraPad: 6:09am On Jun 12, 2017
noceedy4real:

Try using 4g network or wifi...or a good 3g
OK
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by AlwaysUltraPad: 6:10am On Jun 12, 2017
FryingPan:

Your villa people at werk grin grin grin cool
yeye people. Na dem jare . grin grin grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by AlwaysUltraPad: 6:11am On Jun 12, 2017
FavouriteMe:

Why not disable other application like Facebook, twitter or WhatsApp, till you're through?
oh! shocked

Didn't think of this let me try.
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by ogborikoko: 6:17am On Jun 12, 2017
There is a link to result after the test but the file is -aspx.... how do I read it pls?
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Samkeniyy(m): 6:31am On Jun 12, 2017
ogborikoko:
There is a link to result after the test but the file is -aspx.... how do I read it pls?
Use Google Chrome browser. After signing in to your email. Click on the link sent to you and open it in New tab. Your results will be displayed
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by AlwaysUltraPad: 6:58am On Jun 12, 2017
milliman:

Gba gban they are here again(dammy krane people)
grin grin grin grin

It's one person using different accounts. Bunch of thieves.

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by MyPicsSaysItall: 7:08am On Jun 12, 2017
Olaleyeabdullah:
...on that page where u see try again click on help centre then computer interview...u will see instruction on how to solve that kind of issue. Had dat problem too when I wanted to do mine bt wz later able to after following dia instruction
Thanks bro, I'll try it out later in the day
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by AlwaysUltraPad: 7:13am On Jun 12, 2017
milliman:
People wanna eat me up cause I mentioned the name of Allah well that was much expected. Ya Allah use this one take bless me with success mail tomorrow.
who wanna eat you for mentioning Allah? Amen your prayers.

Again, I repeat after you. Let them devour me. Who goes first?

Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah
Allah...Allah...Allah...Allah...Allah...Allah

3 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by esarx(f): 7:55am On Jun 12, 2017
MyPicsSaysItall:

Try turning off other software that might be using the webcam. E.g. Skype

1 Like

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by jayloms: 7:56am On Jun 12, 2017
scarplanet:

Oga leave shelluu for us.... go and apply to become a detective in d NPF grin
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Okpanwu(m): 7:57am On Jun 12, 2017
Olaleyeabdullah:
I followed all the instruction, to disable the webcam after all the frustration dat webcam is in use by another program. now dat I have disable my webcam, the system is telling me, Webcam is not detected, pls wot do I need to do again oooooo.
Beside the love letter on this thread too plenty self...... My case is different Sha!!!!!
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by DreManuel(m): 8:03am On Jun 12, 2017
milliman:
Pls don't flood nairaland with rejection mail, keep it to urself and move on. As for me I put my trust in Allah he will do the best for me and Shell company is the best for me Ya Allah. #breakthroughmailcomingsoon

@AlwaysUltraPad Before you let someone instigate you to start online Jihad, see his comment above.

People reacted to his blatant insensitivity to those served "love letters" and not for calling Allah. You may ask him too whether he didn't later announce the receipt of his own love letter here.

You are at liberty to call the name of any deity you believe in whatsoever. But you should have let the facts lead you on this matter and not blind loyalty.

5 Likes

Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by shybelle: 8:06am On Jun 12, 2017
Okpanwu:
I followed all the instruction, to disable the webcam after all the frustration dat webcam is in use by another program. now dat I have disable my webcam, the system is telling me, Webcam is not detected, pls wot do I need to do again oooooo.
Beside the love letter on this thread too plenty self...... My case is different Sha!!!!!

Maybe you should restart your system
Re: Shell Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 by Lnxxxxx(m): 9:00am On Jun 12, 2017
Libo45:

Our highly intelligent and experienced Ogas. We knw say una get bragging rights and know the ins and out of all the oil companies. But abeg make una end all this fruitless talk, it won't help any of us. It may even intimidate some of us wey no knw anything about what you're saying. You can open another thread for that. Thank you.

BTW, what's that talk about Shell's having just one oil rig in the country? Is it a drilling company? Y not talk about how many fields it has, the no. of FPSOs, Terminals, Onshore fields, Offices, etc. If Shell wan take a reasonable amount of Nigerians, they can and will.

We only dey vex say dem dey stress ppl anyhow, after which they serve them regret letter, making ppl feel less of themselves. Did some of their current serving managers pass through this rigorous process? Are they not doing well?

Anyways... Come what may, make we flex life o. How many successful ppl works with shell by the way? Its been 8 days after I completed my own tests. Maybe I'll get served today. grin

Cheers

Morning bro, just actually reading your post. My respond is just for you and a small insight into what I said earlier. Not really about this recruitment.

First, I no dey brag oo, I don't have any claim to that, just stating fact. Then when I mentioned rig number, I was referring to the number of rigs they have "hired", it was to try to show how slow operations are. When the oil prices go down, what you hear is "low rig count". The number of rigs in e&p company gives you an indication of growth, confidence in the (country's) energy sector. Low rig count means a company with large drilling department work force will have a lot of redundant workers (company men), it means less contract and thus money for the servicing companies, it may also means less chance of hiring more people because if you don't plan to increase production by increasing number of wells then why increase overhead by hiring more people. You grow by drill more wells, the building infrastructure to service them, thus other departments like processing, production and Co. Then you start generating revenue.

As for reservoir, there are so may companies out there with reservoir naa, even splat has a field they haven't touched sef. Getting field is easy, getting the finance for start drilling and production is the hard part. Infact before it was easier because oil prices were over 100 dollars per barrel and cost of producing a barrel in naija on land is about 35 dollars per barrel (i think): so it mad profit, it's like telling you to invest 35 mill and get 100 mill. So most of the marginal field guys went to banks and made this pitch and got loans at exorbitant rates knowing that bad as e bad they will make profits. And as usual they will always over shot their budget but the have a gap of around 65 dollars per barrel even an idiot will still make profits with this margin. Now imagine what happened when the price dropped to the 30s embarassed. So my bro, no person will talk about fields or whatever when talking about company value or prospects, it's possible nothing of economic value is in that well. Else you will end up like orient that dug one of they most expensive "borehole" in Anambra cheesy

As for stress, you will need to get used to some disappointed with time. In naija, you may need to be very good at disappointed cheesy it's unfortunate but that's our economy and population at play for you.

On a lighter note, this one is not stress naa. When I was hustling my first job, I did test, group interview, then another interview, then another interview then another.... Infact when they call me for the offer I didn't know and was asking the hr person whether it was another interview again. I was so happy I thought to myself I done hammer, I am made. I was thinking my life has changed, infact I started eyeing houses in VI and Ikoyi (i thought all this traveling can't be in vain naa also from the outside the company is rumored to pay millions). Well I got the offer, it was barely 100k per month. You can't imagine my emotions then, happy because I finally got a job, but sad because it missed my expectations by a mile. Infact this one small, there is the major multinational in naija, my friend passed through their recruitment and did medicals sef, they didn't give him offer because of internal approval or something but promised him. Infact to commit themselves they brought him to Lagos and lodged him in a hotel for over 4 months (hotel bill over 40k per day). The guy don plan him life finish, planing on which car to buy, trying to find wife sef. Well at the end of the 4 months or so they called him to tell him it's not possible, give some reason. It was a very hard time for him, but he is with NNPC now (NPDC).

The thing is that you will get lots of stress and plenty disappointed but don't ever let it weigh you down. Take a day go out with a friend talk, play laugh. Come tomorrow, apply for the next job till you reach where God has planned for you.

Goodluck bro

Don't mind me slow morning, feeling "chatty"

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (85) (Reply)

PwC Nigeria Graduate Recruitment 2017 / INEC Recruitment 2014 (ADHOC Staff Vacancies)-apply / Graduate Engineer & Other Engineering Roles At ExxonMobil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.