Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion (7824 Views)

Agnostics, Atheists Need Your Suggestions / Why So Many Atheists On Nairaland Forum? / Please, We Atheists Need Religious Translations! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by OtemAtum: 9:15pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

You are quite dull.

Read the story again.

1. I did not approach them. They approached me.

2. They were the ones that asked me religious questions first.

3. I did not ask for money. They gave it freely.

There are no victims in this story. It is a happy story. A Muslim couple went home happy that they have helped a Muslim brother and I went home on a free ride.

This ur story is very thick o. Though I am neutral to the content of it, yet I think I should let others know about it to judge the matter themselves. I think I'll include it in the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH only by your permission for the future people to look at the scenario critically. However, I have been writing a collection of wise words and injunctions. There is even a whole chapter dedicated to begging the atheists not to take advantage of the gullible sheeples. In that chapter, I begged atheists and freethinkers so much that they should not start churches or run online testimony blogs where they will end up duping the christians(sheeples) just as Samuel Ekwueme (4evergod) did.

NO CHURCH BUSINESS CAN PROSPER MORE THAT THE CHURCH BUSINESS OF AN ATHEIST(very psychological and intelligent).
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 9:17pm On May 31, 2017
OtemAtum:
This ur story is very thick o. Though I am neutral to the content of it, yet I think I should let others know about it to judge the matter themselves. I think I'll include it in the DOCTUFOS OF TRUTH only by your permission for the future people to look at the scenario critically. However, I have been writing a collection of wise words and injunctions. There is even a whole chapter dedicated to begging the atheists not to take advantage of the gullible sheeples. In that chapter, I begged atheists and freethinkers so much that they should not start churches or run online testimony blogs where they will end up duping the christians(sheeples) just as Samuel Ekwueme (4evergod) did.

NO CHURCH BUSINESS CAN PROSPER MORE THAT THE CHURCH BUSINESS OF AN ATHEIST(very psychological and intelligent).

Preach on brother!! The Doctufos of truth is the light!

Abeg, pass the weed to my side sha!

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by OtemAtum: 9:23pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

Preach on brother!! The Doctufos of truth is the light!

Abeg, pass the weed to my side sha!

Hahn Hahn Ahn Ahn angry
grin weed ko, rice ni cheesy
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 10:03pm On May 31, 2017
JackBizzle:

parable
[par-uh-buh l]
noun
a short allegorical story designed to illustrate or teach some truth, religious principle, or moral lesson
a statement or comment that conveys a meaning indirectly by the use of comparison, analogy, or the like.

Parable does not have to be religious.

I am yet to see an atheist parable.
And this is not a parable, sorry.
Enough of the red herring.

Proof or else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 10:29pm On May 31, 2017
frank317:

Someone who believes in biblical fictional stories as real is asking for evidence... Lol. If u had been asking for evidence all these while ur life wouldn't have been like this.

If u can believe the Bible, u can believe anything

Someone who always asks "evidence" from christians and from those who believe in written history should nt have problems with production of evidEnce themselves.... undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by Pastafarian: 10:36pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

Someone who always asks "evidence" from christians and from those who believe in written history should nt have problems with production of evidEnce themselves.... undecided

his story isn't extraordinary so evidence may not be needed

Christianity however tells stories of talking donkeys, talking snakes, virgin birth, sea parting, killing 1000 people with just the jaw of a donkey, most powerful being getting killed by three nails, ancient trumpets falling a wall, someone feeding 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fishes AND still had 12 basketful of crumbs to spare etc etc

these are "extraordinary" claims and require good evidence

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 10:42pm On May 31, 2017
Pastafarian:

his story isn't extraordinary so evidence may not be needed

Christianity however tells stories of talking donkeys, talking snakes, virgin birth, sea parting, killing 1000 people with just the jaw of a donkey, most powerful being getting killed by three nails, ancient trumpets falling a wall, someone feeding 5000 people with 5 loaves and 2 fishes AND still had 12 basketful of crumbs to spare etc etc

these are "extraordinary" claims and require good evidence

All the above you listed were also recorded by human beings like you.
Just as people also record supernatural events till date.
A medical doctor recorded his encounter with a ghost last week.
Some people asked him to produce evidence.

So also, produce evidence for this your account.
Because just as u want people to produce evidence for their wtitten story.
You provide yours too.
Tit for Tat.
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by Pastafarian: 10:44pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

All the above you listed were also recorded by human beings like you.
Just as people also record supernatural events till date.
A medical doctor recorded his encounter with a ghost last week.
Some people asked him to produce evidence.

So also, produce evidence for this your account.
Because just as u want people to produce evidence for their wtitten story.
You provide yours too.

like I said, his story isn't extraordinary
the other claims you're trying and failing to equate to it however are extraordinary and requires evidence

I'm not saying his story is true but it sounds more plausible than seeing a ghost or talking donkeys and talking snakes
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 10:45pm On May 31, 2017
Pastafarian:

like I said, his story isn't extraordinary
the other claims you're trying and failing to equate to it however are extraordinary and requires extraordinary evidence

Sorry there is no such rule.
Even in law courts, stories like these are swept aside.
Unless u provide evidence.
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by Pastafarian: 10:49pm On May 31, 2017
felixomor:

his story isn't extraordinary

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 10:52pm On May 31, 2017
Pastafarian:

[s]his story isn't extraordinary

his story isn't extraordinar[/s]y

No need for such Juvenile deliquesce undecided
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by Deicide: 12:40am On Jun 01, 2017
See how them derail this sweat thread undecided
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 7:06am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

In court, my story would hold up if I were a witness. No plot holes to pick in the story.

However, supernatural stories are not allowed in court.
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 7:21am On Jun 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

In court, my story would hold up if I were a witness. No plot holes to pick in the story.

However, supernatural stories are not allowed in court.
Thank God, u said "if you are a witness"
In your story Here, we have zero witness.
Thank u for making my point. undecided

Moreover, if u go to a law court, you will swear with a bible before talking. Or with any juju or koran grin

So, evidence.
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 8:09am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

Thank God, u said "if you are a witness"
In your story Here, we have zero witness.
Thank u for making my point. undecided

Moreover, if u go to a law court, you will swear with a bible before talking. Or with any juju or koran grin

So, evidence.

What are you arguing?

No evidence needed. You have every right not to believe. The lesson is more important
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 8:18am On Jun 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

What are you arguing?

No evidence needed. You have every right not to believe. The lesson is more important

Exactly,
Just as people who believe in God.
Dont need to always give u evidence.
Pretty even. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by frank317: 8:24am On Jun 01, 2017
Pastafarian:

you're delusional

are you saying Jackbizzle's story is more believable than talking snakes and talking donkeys?

are you implying OPs story is more believable than the story of a young man killing 1000 men with the jaw of a donkey?

only delusional people would believe OPs story while doubting those in the Bible

Ooopps, my bad
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by frank317: 8:58am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

If u honestly think his story is false, then feel free to sweep it under the carpet. Nobody is going to punish or put u in hell for doubting.

However I am yet to see any reason why you are doubting the story. The op didn't say he sat down, pray and the holy spirit automatically ministered unto the couple to give him cash. It was based on normal interaction any one can have with any body. It's an everyday process we use in the real world in doing business and having our way.

Felixomor, pls be careful how u reason and assume all situations can be treated equally. in the process of trying to defend ur belief u have become someone who isn't detailed and hardly think deep before u talk. You have become superficial and shallow, calling ur thought process to question. It's really a sad situation, may ur God help u.
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 9:22am On Jun 01, 2017
frank317:

If u honestly think his story is false, then feel free to sweep it under the carpet. Nobody is going to punish or put u in hell for doubting.

However I am yet to see any reason why you are doubting the story. The op didn't say he sat down, pray and the holy spirit automatically ministered unto the couple to give him cash. It was based on normal interaction any one can have with any body. It's an everyday process we use in the real world in doing business and having our way.

[s]Felixomor, pls be careful how u reason and assume all situations can be treated equally. in the process of trying to defend ur belief u have become someone who isn't detailed and hardly think deep before u talk. You have become superficial and shallow, calling ur thought process to question. It's really a sad situation, may ur God help u.[/s]
So also I am yet to see any experiment that invalidates supernatural occurrences.

Hehehehe, Besides
So telling you to provide evidence is shallow ba?

So now you know?
Good hypocrites undecided
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by DunceNLMods: 10:45am On Jun 01, 2017
KingEbukasBlog:

Of course deception , exploitation , selfishness and manipulation are seen as being smart for you as an atheist . This is what it means to lack moral compass .

You mean the moral compass many Christians and Muslims engaged in fornication, fraud, murder, prostitution etc lack?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by frank317: 11:21am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

So also I am yet to see any experiment that invalidates supernatural occurrences.

Hehehehe, Besides
So telling you to provide evidence is shallow ba?

So now you know?
Good hypocrites undecided

Ok... Every body, including u has a right to doubt and reject. But when u say I will be punished and thrown to hell for doubting, that's a side ball game.

It's good to know we are getting somewhere. I think we are in agreement now. You are free to doubt the op and ask for proof(was only asking u to be careful when u doubt flimsy stories hat can b overlooked), I am free to doubt the Bible stories and supernatural claims and ask for proof. No one should threaten anyone for doubting.... AGREED?
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by dalaman: 11:30am On Jun 01, 2017
frank317:

Ok... Every body, including u has a right to doubt and reject. But when u say I will be punished and thrown to hell for doubting, that's a side ball game.

Is good to know we are getting there. I think we are in agreement now. You are free to doubt the op and ask for proof, I am free to doubt the Bible stories and supernatural claims and ask for proof. No one should threaten anyone.... AGREED?

Felixomor is a terrorist. Anybody that feels it is right to use fear of eternal torture to make others believe their stories and beliefs is a terrorist and no different from Boko Haram and ISIS.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 11:43am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

Exactly,
Just as people who believe in God.
Dont need to always give u evidence.
Pretty even. cool

The religious don't have to give me evidence of their God before they worship it.

However, if they are trying to convert me or make a law that would affect me because of their god, then i need evidence.

My story is not for Christians. It also does not affect you. Neither does it warrant much evidence as it is not an important claim - the lesson is more important.

But then again, you want to be silly. At the end of the day more Christians reading your full comments here will be forced to side with atheists. Your loss not mine

1 Like

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 11:46am On Jun 01, 2017
frank317:

It's good to know we are getting somewhere. I think we are in agreement now. You are free to doubt the op and ask for proof(was only asking u to be careful when u doubt flimsy stories hat can b overlooked), I am free to doubt the Bible stories and supernatural claims and ask for proof. No one should threaten anyone for doubting.... AGREED?

Nobody has ever threatened you for doubting their story.
Its the hypocrisy and double standards that atheist bring into their "evidence" talk.

For example,
A woman who was barren for 20 years and tired of trying to get pregnant gets prayed for and testifies of God's goodness that she finally puts to bed.
And she even presents the baby as evidence but an atheist says
If auch a miracle is real, then the woman should come and heal an amputee.
To prove as evidence that her miracle is real?

Is that not foolishness?
That type of hypocrisy, is what I am silently pointing out to many.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 11:48am On Jun 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

The religious don't have to give me evidence of their God before they worship it.

However, if they are trying to convert me or make a law that would affect me because of their god, then i need evidence.

My story is not for Christians. It also does not affect you. Neither does it warrant much evidence as it is not an important claim - the lesson is more important.

But then again, you want to be silly. At the end of the day more Christians reading your full comments here will be forced to side with atheists. Your loss not mine
Mumudeen,
Please who tried converting you?
I hope u know you are in religious section? undecided
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 11:49am On Jun 01, 2017
dalaman:

Felixomor is a terrorist. Anybody that feels it is right to use fear of eternal torture to make others believe their stories and beliefs is a terrorist and no different from Boko Haram and ISIS.
Mumudeen
Oh you are back from "dalamama"? grin

LOL
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 11:50am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

Nobody has ever threatened you for doubting their story.
Its the hypocrisy and double standards that atheist bring into their "evidence" talk.

For example,
A woman who was barren for 20 years and tired of trying to get pregnant gets prayed for and testifies of God's goodness that she finally puts to bed.
And she even presents the baby as evidence but an atheist says
If auch a miracle is real, then the woman should come and heal an amputee.
To prove as evidence that her miracle is real?

Is that not foolishness?
That type of hypocrisy, is what I am silently point out to many.

Lies. An atheist would rather argue that the woman was never barren in the fist place. The right pen!$ was not servicing her
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 11:51am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

Mumudeen,
Please who tried converting you?
I hope u know you are in religious section? undecided

undecided if you have nothing to say just be silent
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 11:52am On Jun 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

undecided if you have nothing to say just be silent
Oh so you lied again
Gerrout of here mahn grin
Serial Liar !
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by JackBizzle: 11:54am On Jun 01, 2017
felixomor:

Oh so you lied again
Gerrout of here mahn grin
Serial Liar !

What lie?
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 11:56am On Jun 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

Lies. An atheist would rather argue that the woman was never barren in the fist place. The right pen!$ was not servicing her

There have been many atheists who have done such.

Besides and Well, even this your arguments is also foolishness.
Since the atheist is not The woman talking. Its fallacy of argument from Ignorance.
Re: Atheists Need To Know How To Use Religion by felixomor: 11:57am On Jun 01, 2017
JackBizzle:

What lie?
This story!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

See Why Religion Will Die As People Get More Intelligent. / 5 Signs Your Star Is Under Attack / Lessons And Benefits Of The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.