Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,863 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes (8729 Views)

Kano's 10 Megawatts Independent Project Is At 90% Completion Stage (Pictures) / 3,050 Megawatts Mambilla Power Project In Taraba (Pictured) / Discos Reject 10,200 Megawatts In 1 Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by aribisala0(m): 1:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:
Very ambitious but they should look at the feasibility. To generate 25MW of electricity from waste; you will need 400,000 tonnes of waste an hour to be fed into the system and This is using fluidized bed technology. Other technologies are less efficient and you get less energy. So imagine the amount of waste needed to generate 1000 MW. There is also competition for the suitable waste( waste with high calorific content) that the system needs. Plastics already being collected by pickers and used tyres. All they have left is organic waste and household waste which i doubt would be enough. Anyway lets watch and see
400000 tonnes of waste an hour? KiloDe? PUNE CITY IN India generates 1600 tonnes of garbage A DAY.
They have a plant using 300 tonnes to generate 3 MW. Try and conceive 400000 tonne of waste an hour? How much waste is produced in THE WHOLE WORLD?

2 Likes

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Enyimbamercedes: 1:30pm On Jun 01, 2017
aribisala0:

400000 tonnes of waste an hour? KiloDe? PUNE CITY IN India generates 1600 tonnes of garbage A DAY.
They have a plant using 300 tonnes to generate 3 MW. Try and conceive 400000 tonne of waste an hour? How much waste is produced in THE WHOLE WORLD?

I will modify my post after i address this. It is actually 400,000 tonnes/annum to produce 37MW of energy. this equates to 1095 tonnes a day. Thank you for your observation.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by nemynely(m): 1:34pm On Jun 01, 2017
the operational word there is 'to'. when will it happen. over here, things are waiting to happen, but nothing really happens..... cry cry cry cry
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Oladokun78: 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2017
this is highly achievable, if they can achieve the first solar power tower in nigeria in University of Ibadan to generate self sufficient power for the school. then this is possible

1 Like

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Oladokun78: 2:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
you are yet to adjust ur post because u fed me false facts amongst many other people too. next time please counter check and negativity should not be ur first go to when reading stuffs like this
Enyimbamercedes:

I will modify my post after i address this. It is actually 400,000 tonnes/annum to produce 37MW of energy. this equates to 1095 tonnes a day. Thank you for your observation.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by abegner: 2:43pm On Jun 01, 2017
he has paid till march ..only the ghost workers are not getting paid.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Oladokun78: 2:45pm On Jun 01, 2017
what about the many MOU that has been carried out. this is achievable until the date stated has passed. till then you can't judge now. heard about the tech-U. no be one time them pass am and over 38 tech companies worldwide are already interested. facts only
damosade:
Yinmu, is it not my state? Come back after 5 years. Still the same MOU.. I swear. Is it not the same state that abandoned hydro turbine that could generate over 1000 MW at ikere Goge dam via ISEYIN since 1985.. Till today the turbine is there rotten away.. I cry for my country Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by yusufolaolu2017: 2:48pm On Jun 01, 2017
not funny. been to ibadan recently. no place is as dirty as ojota in ibadan presently
stevebond007:

It would be more than enough
With the amount of waste ...
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by yusufolaolu2017: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
it is real
Agumbankembu:

Gowon started this saying since 1970s and till today we his life remain one bar, we are still saying be same thing.

Meanwhile Kenya is doing wonderful things, we are only making Nigeria great by words of mouth
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Oladokun78: 2:51pm On Jun 01, 2017
i wonder what exactly impresses us in nigeria. you read through the comments and you would be disappointed. people are not objective in their thinking nor open minded. you see something positive, keep an open mind and stay optimistic. apply this to your personal lives too. it's important. positive vibes only

1 Like

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Oladokun78: 2:58pm On Jun 01, 2017
do you know about the ongoing electrical train construction in lagos state leading to omi in ibadan. and i have driven through this sites many times. its real i tell u, feel free to ask anyone who is well informed. and again i would like to know how many years it took kenya to achieve this and how long the rail track is.
it's really a big feat which i pray we can have too in Nigeria.
Agumbankembu:

Gowon started this saying since 1970s and till today we his life remain one bar, we are still saying be same thing.

Meanwhile Kenya is doing wonderful things, we are only making Nigeria great by words of mouth

1 Like

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by hero2000: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2017
Generating power on paper!
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by donodion(m): 3:42pm On Jun 01, 2017
The professionals and the informed knows that in Naija, generating power is no longer a problem. Wahala lies with the distributing​ networks.
Does these companies have the capacity and integrity to distribute power across the state without resorting to hideous charges and rates like current DISCOs.?

DISCOs been giving Nigerian electricity problems since conception.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by udees: 4:55pm On Jun 01, 2017
I AM SHOCK THIS IS COMING FROM NASIR GIWA--I know him very well while working together in solar turbies services in PH---CORRECTION --Akwa Ibom state has since been exporting power to the national grid -----
Blue3k:
Is this true? If it is thats pretty surprising. I thought Egbin would been export all this time. Other than that seems like good news if these companies execute on this MOU. Fashola will be closer to his goals of 10k MW without much sweat.

Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by tolaskil1(m): 5:00pm On Jun 01, 2017
Talk is cheap what about songual
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by yusufolaolu2017: 10:46am On Jun 02, 2017
Gov. Ajimobi is a man of his words
VoltageDivida:
We hope this project doesn't happen only on paper.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Redman36(m): 6:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
Enyimbamercedes:

True talk...they are full of poo. Very high calorific content
I don die..see evil up.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 20, 2017
Blue3k:
Is this true? If it is thats pretty surprising. I thought Egbin would been export all this time. Other than that seems like good news if these companies execute on this MOU. Fashola will be closer to his goals of 10k MW without much sweat.

It takes average of 5 years to build a 1000MW power generating plant.

The cost is around 3 billion dollars on average.

Also it will cost an additional 1 million dollars to generate 1MW so do the math.

Stop reading these kind of useless stories.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Blue3k(m): 8:30pm On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

It takes average of 5 years to build a 1000MW power generating plant.

The cost is around 3 billion dollars on average.

Also it will cost an additional 1 million dollars to generate 1MW so do the math.

Stop reading these kind of useless stories.

Lol you have your doubts cool. Your 3 billion figure I doubt. I cost 945 kw for gas USA multiply 1 million. You only get cost of $965,000,000 to build. Waste to power more expensive but I don't think it 3 times more.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=26532
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jul 20, 2017
Blue3k:

Lol you have your doubts cool. Your 3 billion figure I doubt. I cost 945 kw for gas USA multiply 1 million. You only get cost of $965,000,000 to build. Waste to power more expensive but I don't think it 3 times more.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/detail.php?id=26532

I don't think u read where I said "on average"
Power plant costs are controlled/decided by. many factors.

Now ur even talking about generation alone.

U both build plants with billions of dollars and also generate MW with billions as well.

No be child's play.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Blue3k(m): 8:48pm On Jul 20, 2017
PrecisionFx:

I don't think u read where I said "on average"
Power plant costs are controlled/decided by. many factors.

[s]Now ur even talking about generation alone[/s]

U both build plants with billions of dollars and also generate MW with billions as well.

No be child's play.

Average in Nigeria for this kind of plant? I know about the factors. I'm only questioning your figures and how you arrived at your numbers. Im not disagreeing with stance on power generation being big deal.

I didn't talk about generation cost. I only brought up construction. If the company is serious about it they will have to analyze cost and availability of fuel stock. I know itsome just MOU and company acting on it is a maybe for now.
Re: Oyo To Generate 1,000 Megawatts From Wastes by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 21, 2017
Blue3k:

Average in Nigeria for this kind of plant? I know about the factors. I'm only questioning your figures and how you arrived at your numbers. Im not disagreeing with stance on power generation being big deal.

I didn't talk about generation cost. I only brought up construction. If the company is serious about it they will have to analyze cost and availability of fuel stock. I know itsome just MOU and company acting on it is a maybe for now.

""I'm only questioning your figures and how you arrived at your numbers""

Investigate n get ur own figures. U can get it on Forbes.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Boko Haram Not Totally Defeated – Femi Adesina / Nigerian Police Arrests Year-old Baby In Benue State / Police Fire Tear Gas At Surging Crowd At Lagos Air Crash Site

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.