Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,487 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. (20321 Views)

If As A Christian, You Have Never Experience The Holy Ghost, Then You Are Fake.. / As A Christian You Need These Books From Wise Men And Women Of God / Are You Really A Christian? You Think You Are? Think Again - Moshood Fayemiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by ScienceWatch: 8:03pm On Jan 27, 2018
JesusPeople:

The real man is a spirit, and he has a soul and he lives in a body

I have witnessed your superior Godly wisdom Sir, but try to be mindful of the Vipers that engage Christians. Christians are the head and not the tail. Christians should never stoop so low as to allow Satan, to put their faith in Jesus and the Holy Bible on trial.

Atheists/Godhaters are the lowly tail. Let them rather explain over and over their own Atheist religion. Ask them why they have kept their religion secret for so long. Refer them to this incredible link that proves Atheism is a religion written by JacksonD7; https://www.nairaland.com/4289018/atheism-religion#64185377
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:25pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
you are dodging my question yet u seek answers from me, be honest at least and answer my question.. Where do you think Abraham is right now? In d grave where his sons buried him or in paradise?

Abraham didn't go to any Paradise, Dead and buried in his grave.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:27pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
how is it deviating? Answer in ur opinion if Abraham is in d grave or in Paradise, simple
Answered
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

Abraham didn't go to any Paradise, Dead and buried in his grave.
how come Jesus said he was at paradise? Lazarus story.. Did Jesus lie?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:40pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
how come Jesus said he was at paradise? Lazarus story.. Did Jesus lie?

Interesting

Show me the bold in that story?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

Interesting

Show me the bold in that story?
Where was Abraham in this story? If he were dead and in the grave like u said.

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:49pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:

22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried.
23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side.
24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’
25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’
27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’
29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’
30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’
31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”

grin grin nothing like Jesus saying Abraham is in Paradise here now .

Proof it that he was in Paradise now ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 4:51pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:

That he is dead and in grave is said and stated in the Bible . Therefore, I already told you where he is

Now prove your statement that Jesus said Abraham is in paradise ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 4:54pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

That he is dead and in grave is said and stated in the Bible . Therefore, I already told you where he is

Now prove your statement that Jesus said Abraham is in paradise ?
This story of Lazarus is corroborated by Matthew 8:11
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:01pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
This story of Lazarus is corroborated by Matthew 8:11
And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

So funny

@ Red ... Shall come , that's a future event . Is the story something that happened in the past or it hasn't yet happened ? grin grin

@ bold , So Heaven is Paradise ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 5:07pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

So funny

@ Red ... Shall come , that's a future event . Is the story something that happened in the past or it hasn't yet happened ? grin grin

@ bold , So Heaven is Paradise ?

The "then shall" is talking about the strangers coming from east and west wch are alien to the nation of Israel. Salvation initially was for the jews alone. And right now, that then shall has been fulfilled as salvation has been extended to the gentiles

the kingdom of heaven is paradise, Jesus told that thief of the cross that he will be with him in paradise that very day of crucifixion.. So how do you say Abraham was in the grave? You should also support with Bible as u requested me to.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:28pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:

The "then shall" is talking about the strangers coming from east and west wch are alien to the nation of Israel. Salvation initially was for the jews alone. And right now, that then shall has been fulfilled as salvation has been extended to the gentiles

We are still saying same thing, Jesus said No man has ever been to heaven before him . How could Abraham , Isaac and Jacob be there already ? John 3:13 .

the kingdom of heaven is paradise,

So Abraham has been to heaven, and Jesus lied in John 3 vs 13 ?

Jesus told that thief of the cross that he will be with him in paradise that very day
of crucifixion.. So how do you say Abraham was in the grave? You should also support with Bible as u requested me to.

Genesis said Abraham died and was buried in the Grave close to Sarah.

Bold, Going by your assertion that Paradise is heaven ... Jesus go to heaven the same day he died ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

We are still saying same thing, Jesus said No man has ever been to heaven before him . How could Abraham , Isaac and Jacob be there already ? John 3:13 .

So Abraham has been to heaven, and Jesus lied in John 3 vs 13 ?

Genesis said Abraham died and was buried in the Grave close to Sarah.

Bold, Going by your assertion that Paradise is heaven ... Jesus go to heaven the same day he died ?

Did u notice the story of Lazarus, he was carried by an angel. He didn't ascend. Jesus is d only who ascended i.e by his will. The Bible said God took Enoch, chariot of fire also took Elijah. D only person who left earth to heaven by ascension is Jesus. Where would you say Enoch and Elijah are? In the grave also?

Before you ask me that question if Jesus went up to heaven on the day of his death, you should first tell me where Jesus meant that the thief would be with him dat night. Notice he didn't say such to d thief on his left
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 5:57pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:

Did u notice the story of Lazarus, he was carried by an angel. He didn't ascend. Jesus is d only who ascended i.e by his will. The Bible said God took Enoch, chariot of fire also took Elijah. D only person who left earth to heaven by ascension is Jesus. Where would you say Enoch and Elijah are? In the grave also?

grin grin Jesus said NO MAN HAS EVER BEEN to heaven , was he lying ?

Before you ask me that question if Jesus went up to heaven on the day of his death, you should first tell me where Jesus meant that the thief would be with him dat night. Notice he didn't say such to d thief on his left

This is what am saying, I asked first: If Paradise Is heaven, does that mean Jesus went to heaven the same day he died ?

For your question, I don't accept Jesus made that statement, You who believe ...explain grin

Key point: heaven Is paradise
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by folaski: 6:11pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:
kindly tell me what you think about this verse of the Christian Bible.
Do the whole man die or only his body dies ? . Consider the said verse.

"Jesus cried out in a loud voice, ' Father into your hand I entrust my spirit ' ' After he said this, he died."

You will notice that I underlined the word " He" there is a reason for that and that's exactly why U need to answer the next question

Who does the Pronoun " He" died ; represents ?

a. Jesus Christ DIED

b. only Body dies

C. I dont know

your response ? to validate if the whole of man dies or just his body .

cc : howdy

Salvation101

aigboeben

Ferisidowu

Pastors of religion forum, your attention is needed . Did Jesus really Die for sins ?

Jesus died.

when a man dies his soul and spirit depart from the body. The spirit returns to its source (God) and the soul is the accounting officer of the person and it's the soul that receives the reward of its earthly life.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

grin grin Jesus said NO MAN HAS EVER BEEN to heaven , was he lying ?
show the world where Jesus said no one has ever been to heaven... Just like u quoted now.. Den the world we know who is lying

This is what am saying, I asked first: If Paradise Is heaven, does that mean Jesus went to heaven the same day he died ?
For your question, I don't accept Jesus made that statement, You who believe ...explain grin

Key point: heaven Is paradise

you do not accept Jesus made a statement written in the Bible, so why worry myself with you when you do not even accept the Bible
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 6:39pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
show the world where Jesus said no one has ever been to heaven... Just like u quoted now.. Den the world we know who is lying

" no one has ever gone up to heaven "

Is Jesus lying ?

you do not accept Jesus made a statement written in the Bible, so why worry myself with you when you do not even accept the Bible

grin grin grin Even Bible versions disagree on that statement.

The one you uphold, saying today is what I don't accept ... Since its not true . IF TRUE, DID JESUS GO TO HEAVEN ( Paradise) THE SAME DAY HE DIED ? Don't dodge this question .
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 6:46pm On May 06, 2018
Since you believe this statement below

New International Version
Jesus answered him, "Truly I tell you, today you will be with me in paradise."

If heaven is Paradise, Did Jesus went to heaven the day he died ?

@ salvation101.

Don't dodge it.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by mabea: 6:50pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

You earlier admit Jesus was alive during the three days , Simply means He wasn't dead . Abi

But now you focus the gear at Jesus didn't have to die, just his flesh is enough . Can you back this up with your bible ? Didn't Jesus said his soul [ his real person ] will die for mankind's sin ? was he telling a lie ? how could his soul die if his soul was IMMORTAL ?

Now there's something called spiritual death. This is a total separation from God which means he has to go to hell a place made for the damned.

1 Like

Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 7:00pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:

This is fanaticism, Are you aware the way other bible versions render it different from the way You want the statement to sound, AND PLEASE DEFEND that statement You agree with by answering the question posed
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 7:01pm On May 06, 2018
mabea:
Now there's something called spiritual death. This is a total separation from God which means he has to go to hell a place made for the damned.

Jesus didn't die a physical death ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Peacefullove: 7:04pm On May 06, 2018
folaski:

Jesus died.

when a man dies his soul and spirit depart from the body. The spirit returns to its source (God) and the soul is the accounting officer of the person and it's the soul that receives the reward of its earthly life.

You don't get it .

Flesh, soul , spirit .. Which is the person ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

" no one has ever gone up to heaven "

Is Jesus lying ?

grin grin grin Even Bible versions disagree on that statement.

The one you uphold, saying today is what I don't accept ... Since its not true . IF TRUE, DID JESUS GO TO HEAVEN ( Paradise) THE SAME DAY HE DIED ? Don't dodge this question .
i said u should show me where it was said no one jas never gone up to heaven. The word there is Ascend to heaven..

Version agree or disagree, is it in the original greek text or not? Now u are talking about versions.. If u do not believe the Bible enough to believe Jesus said it den how can i help you?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 7:09pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

@ salvation101.

Don't dodge it.
i believe the statement. Yes and if u do not believe it, i can't help you ooo.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 7:10pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

This is fanaticism, Are you aware the way other bible versions render it different from the way You want the statement to sound, AND PLEASE DEFEND that statement You agree with by answering the question posed
why don't u also refute the statement with a superior argument? Wat is my business with bible versions? Is it in the Greek text or not
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by MizJanet(f): 7:13pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
i believe the statement. Yes and if u do not believe it, i can't help you ooo.

Answer his question
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by MizJanet(f): 7:15pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
why don't u also refute the statement with a superior argument? Wat is my business with bible versions? Is it in the Greek text or not

I think he has a very superior argument with that question asked, Did Jesus go to heaven that day ?
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by MizJanet(f): 7:18pm On May 06, 2018
salvation101:
i said u should show me where it was said no one jas never gone up to heaven. The word there is Ascend to heaven..

Version agree or disagree, is it in the original greek text or not? Now u are talking about versions.. If u do not believe the Bible enough to believe Jesus said it den how can i help you?

Sweetheart, Did anyone go to heaven before Jesus . he has a point with that place where Jesus said no one .
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by MizJanet(f): 7:20pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

@ salvation101.

Don't dodge it.

She tried dodging it Anyway cheesy
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by thrillionaire(m): 7:26pm On May 06, 2018
Peacefullove:

If at death, the body alone dies , it means Spirit never dies and yet man is not the body but man is a spirit and spirit is IMMORTAL from your write up .

How do you prove that Jesus ( A Spirit ) dies for anyone sins ?
Jesus died in body and spirit. Remember what God told Adam in the garden of eden? "The day you eat of the forbidden fruit you shall surely die."
Adam ate and died - spiritually. Sin causes spiritual death.
When Jesus took upon himself the sins of the world, He died a spiritual death also because he became separated from God.
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 7:34pm On May 06, 2018
MizJanet:

Answer his question
u pop in on a discussion and demand answer, is dat how you were taught? Even if u are interested in d discussion, u ask politely
Re: Are You A Christian ? You Need To See This. by Nobody: 7:49pm On May 06, 2018
MizJanet:

Sweetheart, Did anyone go to heaven before Jesus . he has a point with that place where Jesus said no one .
yes. The bible Infact told us God took Enoch, he never saw death. Where did God take him to?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: "African Leaders Are Intellectually Bankrupt" / My Experience As A Pastor / Prof Charles Adisa Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.