Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,425 members, 7,836,699 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:41 AM

Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? (27461 Views)

Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / Giving Your Wedding Night To God As A First Fruit Of Marriage? - No Intimacy / First Fruit Offering Is Brainwashing! Tunde Bakare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by tkb417(m): 1:26pm On Jan 19, 2010
10% is diff from first fruit

first fruit means 100%

i cant die of starvation o
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by slap1(m): 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2010
and who should pastors give theirs to?
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by Enigma(m): 1:28pm On Jan 19, 2010
Oh, and by the way, any pastor who asks you to bring "first fruits" to him is a thief whose god is his belly; and you will be a mug if you too give him your "first fruit".
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by lawrence83: 1:29pm On Jan 19, 2010
Guy dont be decieve your pastor is a con artist,
he even went ahead to say you must pay every first month of the year.
he just twisted the bible and its wont be good with him.
olee oshi . . . . . , . .first fruits ko, oson we we ni.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by slap1(m): 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
@poster. When was the last time dat pastor said a thing about HELLFIRE!!?
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by DOAweb(m): 1:33pm On Jan 19, 2010
Fela don talk am - Pastor na enjoyment, hope it won't be with your salary.

Your pastor na complete thief  - the guy needs your forgiveness for such misleading interpretation of the bible. Se na wetin Lord Jesus Christ preach about be dat.

What a load of Bull!!
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by KMTee(f): 1:38pm On Jan 19, 2010
what i think is right is that u give God ur tithe which is only 10% of ur income.
The first fruit thing, after giving ur tithe is a matter of choice and not by force. you can share part of your first fruit with
your family and loved ones who will pray for you to succeed in life.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by bebe4u(f): 1:40pm On Jan 19, 2010
We still have some pastors that are real.

They must be a very small minority then.

after i moved from port harcourt to lagos, i was still paying my tithe to my church in port harcourt. till my pastor said your tithe should be paid to your local assembly, meaning i should pay my tithe to the new church .

Now that is what i refer to a man of God not the ones that cajole & hypnotise you to bring your pay all in the name of giving and seed sowing.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by Elgaxton(m): 1:42pm On Jan 19, 2010
bebe4u:

not the ones that cajole & hypnotise you to bring your pay all in the name of giving and seed sowing.

Hahahahaha

angry cheesy grin

Funny
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by idifu(m): 1:43pm On Jan 19, 2010
Why would  i give it to any Pastor or Imam ? I'll rather give it to the beggars on the streets, and those dat need it.
you don't have to go to church or mosque to know your God
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by lawrence83: 1:53pm On Jan 19, 2010
If u give all your first month of the year earnings as first fruit
How will you feed yourself and your family and even transport to work, fuel your car
And that part that say you must give directly to the pastor is so annoying
your pastor must be a rogue, and if he continues like this, he will go to hell.
What happens to the message on salvation, that one have bin thrown into the bottomless pit abi
Useless people.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by hbabe(f): 1:58pm On Jan 19, 2010
Jesus Christ never asked us to give first fruit so I will NEVER do it. 10% tithe is what I believe in not first fruit. How am I supposed to feed myself and get to work that month?
Abeg i!
Enough of those tricks, some of us have caught on.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by suxes2005(m): 2:00pm On Jan 19, 2010
OMG

Dnt know what to say here
Well, i searched thee bible online for d topic and
i discovered that it was practised in d old testament
so i fink we dont need to do it again cos we r in d new testament

In my office (church) on sunday, my Pastor
preached about this and i even told my G.F
dt i'm gonna do it at the end of the month,
I am enlightened now and i dont fink i'l do dat mroeover
I'm also a church keeper. , LOL

SHALOM
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by Nobody: 2:05pm On Jan 19, 2010
Hell No. I have 10 children who rely on my first friut to go to school in January. Pastor does not need another jeep or Jagaur
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by Annunaki(m): 2:10pm On Jan 19, 2010
@hbabe
Jesus never asked for tithes either, they are all human fabrications.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by otukpo(f): 2:11pm On Jan 19, 2010
i guess its a free world.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by selencious(f): 2:13pm On Jan 19, 2010
Hey, Its up to you. If you ain wanna pay it, then don't;thats ur problem. But do not condemn any man of God who says this. Many people obey this law and they reap their results. It depends on your Faith;if you believe it is not right, then please don't pay it or you just wasting ur money and time;you would not yield any result.  I know of a lota people who did obeyed this law and they yield multiple blessings because they believed.
So its all about you. But, do not condemn any man of God.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jan 19, 2010
selencious:

Hey, Its up to you. If you ain wanna pay it, then don't;thats your problem. But do not condemn any man of God who says this. Many people obey this law and they reap their results. It depends on your Faith;if you believe it is not right, then please don't pay it or you just wasting your money and time;you would not yield any result. I know of a lota people who did obeyed this law and they yield multiple blessings because they believed.
So its all about you. But, do not condemn any man of God.

There are Men of God and there are Men sent by God!!!! Food for thought
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by akano1: 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
stop using abusive words on the anointed man of God is dangerous.pls, if you are not satisfy with that church doctorine, pls, look for were they preach undilluted word of God. instead of calling the man of God names, listing to this, the scriptures says that do not allow corrupt words to proceed out of ur mouth , but see to it that the words that comes out of ur mouth are those words that will be of good words that will build up the faith of others.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by selencious(f): 2:22pm On Jan 19, 2010
I sure know that. Im not saying if a man of God tells you to give up your house and car for the church, that you should. NOPE!!!  What im tryna say is, in situations like this-"Paying of first fruits", do not call any man of God a thieve or whatever. Because, I know of many great men of God that says  this and I know of a lota people who testified to obeying the law and they were blessed beyond what they expected. I know that the world is filled with many fake men, who calls themselves men of God. But,im judging upon this topic. not in general. U gat me? All the same, you have no right to curse anyone; whether you believe he is a man of God or not.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by ruffrider(f): 2:25pm On Jan 19, 2010
I give 10% of my gross earnings and a offering.  Sometimes I give to charties that helps other country or what not.  I give, because when I bless the vessel of God he always make sure I am taken care of.  I don't worry or want for anything.  NOW this is the truth.  You don't have to do what I do.  But I do this and I notice I am never without.  If you want to be bless, invest into God's mission.   OK, there are many ministries here in the states that goes over to other countries and give, and build schools, and homes, and feed people.  They go to where the help is needed.  OK what if I or no one gives and say oh the preacher just want our money.  Then they won't be able to do the mission work that they do.  But make sure you are seeing some fruit.  Make sure they are putting funds in the community.  When you go to church services, if takes electricity, and funds to run a church. Be about Gods business, and he will see about yours.  Maybe you want to start a business or venture out on some new ideas. God will truly bless you for your effort to help his people.  Now their are some bad people out their who motives are not pure, just watch their fruit.  You will know them by their fruit.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by furacao(m): 2:34pm On Jan 19, 2010
which church is that?
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by selencious(f): 2:37pm On Jan 19, 2010
Im digging you ruffrider!!!!
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by mytdops: 2:39pm On Jan 19, 2010
Plus Tithe, First Fruit, Offering, Mission Fees, Media commitments e.t.c they are all useless if your heart is in the wrong place!!!!
So lets assume you gave your first fruit on the first month, how you go enter Okada go work the following month? You go borrow abi? Or you go dey wait for God to perform miracles? If you be father, will be proud of your child if you heard he did something like that? Or can you demand your child to bring all his first salary to you? Even if the silly child did that, will you collect it from him?
So my guy, you suppose use your senses. I am NOT saying you should not give to God, but give happily and without regrets. That way you can even decide to give all your salary and you wont have second thoughts.
Can you imagine paying tithes and your landlord is holding you for rent? Wetin you think God go dey think? So my person no let any man deceive you, na you and God get business.
Bible can be twisted to even support Murder, so no be today, Shine your eye!!
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by darkman200: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2010
The Pastor is a THIEF!!!
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by ruffrider(f): 2:56pm On Jan 19, 2010
Before I started giving.  I said how can I give, I have my own priorities.  I have a cousin who has a succesful business. We was having a dissucation, about ways I can help me venture out into my business plan. She said, " pay your tithes and offering,even if you are going to be short paying a bill and see what happens.  I started giving my tithe and offering and after a while I notices changes in my finances.  After a while I became the lender and not the borrower. Pay your tithes no matter what.  But ask God for wisdom and us it concerning money also.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by selencious(f): 3:00pm On Jan 19, 2010
@ Last two posts, not @ ruff rider. You both lack wisdom. I always pay my tithe, and sometimes, my first fruit. I mean, God has never failed me;I am just 21, I have a car, im on Scholarship, I have more than $10,000 in mi account, I am still a student, I do not owe anyone nor own a credit card, and I only work part-time. I mean, I do not know how, but God blesses me in a way I don't understand. Anywhere I apply for a Scholarship, im always the first to be given. Im not the most intelligent, or most holy. When you have time for God and obey His words, he would have time for you. God opened the windows of heaven to pour down His blessings upon me. That is what I believe
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by tEsLim(m): 3:09pm On Jan 19, 2010
Its silly and obsolute. Giving is good if my pastor is poor i can help him though. But not based on some scriptures. I rather donate to charity.

tongue I still have people that have needs in the family , and when a family member prays for me the blessings comes faster cheesy
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by darkman200: 3:16pm On Jan 19, 2010
selencious:

@ Last two posts, not @ ruff rider. You both lack wisdom. I always pay my tithe, and sometimes, my first fruit. I mean, God has never failed me;I am just 21, I have a car, im on Scholarship, I have more than $10,000 in mi account, I am still a student, I do not owe anyone nor own a credit card, and I only work part-time. I mean, I do not know how, but God blesses me in a way I don't understand. Anywhere I apply for a Scholarship, im always the first to be given. Im not the most intelligent, or most holy. When you have time for God and obey His words, he would have time for you. God opened the windows of heaven to pour down His blessings upon me. That is what I believe

You are the most stupid slowpoke that have ever posted anything on Nairaland, Well For your info, i don't give a dime to no pastor, i am 31, i have cars, i have investment in properties in U.S and Naija worth 60x what u have in your acct, I have 10X cash holding as u do in your acct. i didint get no scholarship, i dont have rich parents all gotten through hard work. I find many people around me that need my help all the time and i do helpi give to the needy and all. But i don't give my money to no Pastor and simply cuz i don't think like you stupid retard doesn't make me a child of Perdition that lack wisdom
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by mytdops: 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Last two posts, not @ ruff rider.[b] You are both Children of Perdition [/b]and you both lack wisdom. I always pay my tithe, and sometimes, my first fruit. I mean, God has never failed me;I am just 21, I have a car, im on Scholarship, I have more than $10,000 in mi account, I am still a student, I do not owe anyone nor own a credit card, and I only work part-time. I mean, I do not know how, but God blesses me in a way I don't understand. Anywhere I apply for a Scholarship, im always the first to be given. Im not the most intelligent, or most holy. When you have time for God and obey His words, he would have time for you. God opened the windows of heaven to pour down His blessings upon me. That is what I believe

Yes we are aware that you are very succesfull at 21, congrats for that!!!! Should i start naming names of people that were far more successful than you before they turned 18 and they are Atheists and compared to them you are a Failure!!! So Mother Perdition go back and learn about something called Grace!!!!
Let me break it down to you maturely, the only reason why you are "successful as you call yourself" is that when you gave your tithes and offering, you became expectant and was able to push yourself which you were too lazy to before your Pastor deceived you. This is common psychology or some people will call it faith, oh sorry you too young to understand that.
So Madam Scholarship Holier-than-thou, go and get the fact right. By the way why should you be working part-time when you should be facing your books? Em maybe you are not paying enough tithes and first fruits, you need to give more!!!
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by selencious(f): 3:17pm On Jan 19, 2010
Thanks for the compliment.  smiley smiley smileyJust like I said earlier---You Lack Wisdom. U have just confirmed it. smiley smiley smiley
I work part-time because I am hardworking;almost everyone in the U.S works. Im not a lazy slog like you that depends on MAMA. That does not stop me from being an Honors student.
Re: Should Our First Fruit Go To The Pastor's Pocket? by lawrence83: 3:19pm On Jan 19, 2010
selencious:

This is the lord doing and it is marvelous in that sight cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is Mikel Obi A Member Of The Illuminati? You Must See This Pics / Christian Association Protests Against Killings Of Christians By Fulani Herdsmen / Is Marriage Restitution For Men With 2 Or More Wives Actually Scriptural?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.