Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,619 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 PM

My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! (23059 Views)

My Sister's Husband Wants To Sleep With Me / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / My Husband Wants Divorce After Taking My Late Husband’s Possessions – Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Onegai(f): 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Marriage for women is like chickens voting for Christmas; they know they are gonna die but they still want Christmas to be celebrated and are happy when it comes around.

Where are all hospital, creche and school fees receipts? Get your bank statements for at least 6 months. More than enough proof that he paid zilch for upkeep. Then get a shi.t hot lawyer. You may need to start a social media campaign.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by LexngtonSteele: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
majekdom2:
Thank you too!!! The dude is trying to be silly... knowing that something still connects them which is the child. He is just trying to slow this lady. She can always connect with her child later, that won't be a problem.

I love your last statement and it has given me further insight.

@ OP, call the man's bluff and give the child to him. Let me tell you what could happen then-

1. He can dump her with relatives - most likely option

2. He must have a ready made girl who willingly wants to be a foster mum. Which working man can take care of a baby girl?

This man is playing the OP like a guitar. Every man no matter how stupid he looks is an expert manipulator. A fact women hardly ever get.

He craves the fact that the baby is your life, he enjoys watching you struggle to keep her. Use reverse psychology on him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by LexngtonSteele: 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mayflowa:

who said no man wants to accommodate a woman with a child? Talk about yourself pls! Do you even know the pains of losing a child?

Yawn....Mr Knight in Shining Armour. Looking forward to your pre-wedding pictures with a woman who has 3 kids already.

Yawn.... Mayflowa & Mama Triplets, 2017

Ladies can fall for your Mr Nice Guy antics, the average guy sees through it

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by tete7000(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
Edopesin:
Men Can Be Heartless Sometimes SMH
OP what state is the idiat

jst asking

Human beings can be heartless, men and women inclusive. I have a cousin whose wife left with three children, two toddlers and a baby to cater for. There was nothing he didn't try to get his wife back, the woman eloped with another man and refused to look back. They had a catholic marriage and the man being a devout catholic till today didn't remarry and has been single-handedly caring for the children. Today the children are teenagers. So men too had their fair share of the evils that go on in this world.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
majekdom2:
your keyword doesn't make any difference. I have had encounters with more wicked women than men... How about that? Don't use your experience and standards to generalise... scum is no respecter of gender, wickedness is no peculiar to any gender!
but i have met more wicked men,starting with my father, so ?, I have the right to draw my conclusion based on what i have seen, infact ,according to survey ,men are more likely to commit crimes than women

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Futureberry: 9:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pavore9:

As long as you have not been certified mentally fragmented and proof of his limited financial provision towards the upkeep of the child so far, a good lawyer should get the court to award you custody and get him to make monthly payments for the child's support while he also get to spend time with the child.
is child support recognize here in Nigeria?
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Futureberry: 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

you are not making sense. how can a pregnant woman cheat on her husband, please if you have nothing to contribute just waka go.

you are not making sense too,how does being pregnant stop a woman from cheating

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mayflowa:

who said no man wants to accommodate a woman with a child? Talk about yourself pls! Do you even know the pains of losing a child?
sometimes it goes with pains but at that time it is in the best interest of the child. Such is life!!
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:32pm On Jun 02, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Madam, the truth remains that in as much as he legally married you, that child is completely his. Even if you refuse him the child today, time shall come when the child will ask you questions.........

She bears his name, so definitely one day I will have to answer to her on her paternity. If he truely cared, he would have settled his family after marriage. He left for Dubai 2 weeks after wedding. He returned in 2015 for roughly 3months where I was his beating sand while pregnant. That was all I got from the marriage I signed for. his mother ran our union and fed her son with lies. Do you really think it will be wise for me to leave my kid with such people? What have I done wrong to have another woman raise a child I labour 8hours and still got a cut for? I only wish to raise her into the woman I will beat my chest and be proud of. His intentions of custody is to hurt me, he doesn't deserve her. Remember the woman in the bible who slept on her child and exchange her dead baby for the woman with the living baby and asked the king to split the baby into two cuz she knew the child is not rightfully hers?? God intervene. He will stand by me and I will succeed.

16 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Efewestern: 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
Futureberry:
you are not making sense too,how does being pregnant stop a woman from cheating

you just jump into conclusion that the lady is cheating, what evidence do you have? , yes hardly will a pregnant woman cheat.. there is a limit to everything and that's the end to that.

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Mayflowa(m): 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Yawn....Mr Knight in Shining Armour, looking forward to your pre-wedding pictures with a woman who has 2 kids already.

Yawn....

Lol. You don't have to look far. These things happen all around you. I am surprised you make a mountain out of it

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Pavore9: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Futureberry:
is child support recognize here in Nigeria?

You do read divorce cases here, where the magistrate do say the man should pay N5,000 monthly for their child's upkeep, though I do wonder what N5,000 can take care of!

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by obataokenwa(m): 9:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
From the behavior that man exhibits according to your story, he's under a spell. Still follow the divorce up... but my candid advice to you is this.
The first foundation of your relationship was not built on God. and it utterly failed making you regret the whole thing. Pls time to ask God for mercy for the past life and He's just to forgive u sharp sharp. after that,

This is devil desperate and at work to make news out of this whole issue. shut down abit maybe for three days and personally ask God what He wants you to do. still during that period...

Pray earnestly for him and maybe God will open your eyes to see where the problem was. from your comments, you're at war with him... which is not suppose to be. Blessed are the peace makers... but make the peace by seeking God.

Jer 33:3 Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and shew thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.

Seek God while He may be found. In the spirit realm, the man is under a spell and under a remote and a push by an evil spirit. What you're seeing is not the target of the devil. devil is on a mission.

watch and pray.

5 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by LexngtonSteele: 9:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mayflowa:

Lol. You don't have to look far. These things happen all around you. I am surprised you make a mountain out of it

Just 1 single question :

Is it the norm or the exception for a man to want to take care of another man's kids?

Answer before I start yawning again.... YAWN...

I know your type, after ranting here, you would be the first to say an "after-1" has lost market value in real life

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by sekundosekundo: 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

grin grin

I have experienced so many issues like this and I know where to start from. op we are here for you.. please ignore some kids here

....and you have monopoly of the experience?.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by thanki410(m): 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
grin
madam, buy MINERAS drink first, make sure you finish every thing inside the bottle then use the bottle on 'MY HUSBAND ' head .
Thank me later
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
frenzyduchess:
but i have met more wicked men,starting with my father, so ?, I have the right to draw my conclusion based on what i have seen, infact ,according to survey ,men are more likely to commit crimes than women
has this blame laying changed these "men"? Crime is not peculiar to any gender!
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Juzzybabe(f): 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

@ OP, call the man's bluff and give the child to him. Let me tell you what could happen then-

2. He must have a ready made girl who willingly wants to be a foster mum. Which working man can take care of a baby girl?

This man is playing the OP like a guitar. Every man no matter how stupid he looks is an expert manipulator. A fact women hardly ever get.

He craves the fact that the baby is your life, he enjoys watching you struggle to keep her. Use reverse psychology on him.

NO WAY! if I get you right...am not gonna play that game with his mum. please note that my mother inlaw is the brain behind all this. They say a friend turn enemy had been hating since day one. I still can't find what I did to this woman to deserve this much hate from her. Now I think am forced to accept the fact that she never wanted us together but only pretended as her son was bent on marrying me. she played along to perfect her plan after wards. I was used. The only thing that keeps my head up is my girl. I can't even try the game of testing him with her. I can imagine the pain she will feel to see me abandon her to a total stranger. If he had been supportive, it would make some sense, bit this man had not been concern in any way. Am not playing that game of trying him with my kid. Did you get the part where I stated am not in Nigeria. Make he come beat me for here na lol.

6 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Futureberry: 9:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

you just jump into conclusion that the lady is cheating, what evidence do you have? , yes hardly will a pregnant woman cheat.. there is a limit to everything and that's the end to that.

what evidence do you have that a pregnant lady cannot cheat,stop jumping into conclusion too

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
majekdom2:
has this blame laying changed these "men"? Crime is not peculiar to any gender!
OK, but can I atleast have my opinion in Peace?
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Pavore9: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
sekundosekundo:

Madam, the truth remains that in as much as he legally married you, that child is completely his. Even if you refuse him the child today, time shall come when the child will ask you questions.........

That child is not completely his as the law recognizes the right and role of the mother. The child will always bear his name and irrespective of his relationship with the mother of his child, he should play the role of a present and providing father so that the child need not ask questions.

7 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Efewestern: 9:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
Futureberry:
what evidence do you have that a pregnant lady cannot cheat,stop jumping into conclusion too

See the way we they beat round the bush.. bros let's just advice and move on; grin

bur change your mentality sha

3 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by sekundosekundo: 9:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe:

She bears his name, so definitely one day I will have to answer to her on her paternity. If he truely cared, he would have settled his family after marriage. He left for Dubai 2 weeks after wedding. He returned in 2015 for roughly 3months where I was his beating sand while pregnant. That was all I got from the marriage I signed for. his mother ran our union and fed her son with lies. Do you really think it will be wise for me to leave my kid with such people? What have I done wrong to have another woman raise a child I labour 8hours and still got a cut for? I only wish to raise her into the woman I will beat my chest and be proud of. His intentions of custody is to hurt me, he doesn't deserve her. Remember the woman in the bible who slept on her child and exchange her dead baby for the woman with the living baby and asked the king to split the baby into two cuz she knew the child is not rightfully hers?? God intervene. He will stand by me and I will succeed.

Hmmm.... the way I treat my wife, I am always surprise to see or hear that a man is beating his wife. In fact let God take my life today if I will beat my wife tomorrow.

Madam, I understand how you feel. God will grant you your heart desires.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Mayflowa(m): 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

Pregnant women cheat on their husband of course. It is not so common though. You know, single people usually have the feeling of "holy look" on the married. Married women are the most neglected people in this world. A majority have no care from their husbands, no compliments, no romance, no laughter. They long to be loved. Let me look for an example link for u:

http://www.ngnblog.com/2013/10/nigerian-man-catches-his-pregnant-wife.html

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

If I were a woman, I'd follow the advice that majority of the men will give me when there is a relationship issue. The man obviously know the OP was stupi*dly in love, he knows her weakness. He's been playing this woman for the long time but OP isn't seeing it same way.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

yes.. hardly will a pregnant woman's cheat on her husband.. [s]how do you reason women to be?

please let's respect them.[/s]

"Infidelity during pregnancy is not as uncommon as you might think."

https://www.fitpregnancy.com/parenting/sex-relationships/infidelity-while-pregnant

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
frenzyduchess:
OK, but can I atleast have my opinion in Peace?
Lols.. "in peace". It does not follow the discussion on this thread... keep it to yourself in "peace"
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Futureberry: 9:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
Efewestern:

See the way we they beat round the bush.. bros let's just advice and move on; grin

bur change your mentality sha
yeah,you need to change your mentality
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Pavore9: 9:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe:

NO WAY! if I get you right...am not gonna play that game with his mum. please note that my mother inlaw is the brain behind all this. They say a friend turn enemy had been hating since day one. I still can't find what I did to this woman to deserve this much hate from her. Now I think am forced to accept the fact that she never wanted us together but only pretended as her son was bent on marrying me. she played along to perfect her plan after wards. I was used. The only thing that keeps my head up is my girl. I can't even try the game of testing him with her. I can imagine the pain she will feel to see me abandon her to a total stranger. If he had been supportive, it would make some sense, bit this man had not been concern in any way. Am not playing that game of trying him with my kid. Did you get the part where I stated am not in Nigeria. Make he come beat me for here na lol.

Don't ever leave your daughter because if you do, be assured of her hatred in the years to come. Don't give room to others to paint a distorted picture of who you are to your daughter and NEVER cut her off from her father as she needs the balance.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by LexngtonSteele: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Juzzybabe:

I feel for you strongly. I can see the raw emotions. BUT :

1. I know very well that an adult can't really be convinced. You came online strictly to be helped on how to get your way...not for advice. This is how ALL adults including me behave.

2. You must be ready to watch your back for a long time - if not forever. The guy's family won't take it lying down.

3. Wonder what your age is. Maybe you are 30+ and worried about giving birth again.

Whatever the case, the strong love for your kid which is so evident is exactly what they are using to manipulate you. I doubt if his family loves the kid genuinely, they are just enjoying torturing you.

Finally, about the mum-in-law who dislikes you....are you sure you are absolutely honest about being "a saint" with her? Humans hardly admit their guilt when testifying about a fight.
Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Mayflowa(m): 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
LexngtonSteele:

Just 1 single question :

Is it the norm or the exception for a man to want to take care of another man's kids?

Answer before I start yawning again.... YAWN...

I know your type, after ranting here, you would be the first to say an "after-1" has lost market value in real life

You are just a funny guy. Oya, let me tell you a personal story. My mum has two children before my single dad with no child married her. Though it was one of them that lived with us. I had become an adult before I knew my eldest sister wasn't born by my father. That should tell you something!

9 Likes

Re: My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For! by Nobody: 9:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
Get a good lawyer. It is very difficult for a judge to give a child less than 5 years to the father except the mother is a hard drug user or is not of sound mind.

You are likely to win the case, still get a good lawyer... the law is on your side.

Juzzybabe:
In my previous threads https://www.nairaland.com/2056750/advice-he-wants-me-leave and https://www.nairaland.com/3164242/advice-after-two-wasted-years, i did express how disappointed I will be if this man comes back after years to claim a child he never cared for. Thank God this forum has been going on well and my stories are still available.

Late 2016, I got messages from friends on Facebook asking me what happened to my marriage as my husband had created a new Facebook name and has been sending them a petition filed against me for divorce and custody of our child. I was advised to ignore as the petition was 1. not signed and 2. he didn't send it to me or any of my immediate families but rather friends on Facebook with this which am sure was to disgrace me. I only advised friends who contacted me to ignore him.

One may wonder what will such a man still have to claim after all he and his parents did? Yes he claimed a lot of lies such as...we were in our matrimonial home and he went to work on this fateful day and by the time he return I had escaped the house(All who followed my story knows I was in his parents house while he was in Dubai until 2015 when he visited and beat me to pulp in 8months old pregnancy and left in march 2015 back to Dubai). That I attempted abortions severally. That I did patronized herbalist and confessed to him. That I labored our first child for hours and ended up with CS...These and many more.

Well, the annoying part is that this guy went to court and have them issued a court proceeding to my Aunt whose house the traditional (in our absent) was done in 2014 stating that was the address they know me to be residing. Well, I had to get all hands on desk as I wish to have my Aunt and her family out of all this mess. He is requesting divorce and custody of our baby. Since May 2015 when I left up to this moment,the only support he give was 40k which he send 20k each for September/October 2015 and has not given any support to the growth and welfare of the child aside that up till now. It has been me alone. Now he wants custody of a 2+ year old child he knows nothing about.

I have been talking to a Lawyer whom I want to take up the case. This is my story people. We all fall in love at one point in our lives, and this is what i got from the one man i ever loved , this is where my feelings has led me. The heart of man is desperately wicked as the Bible says. I am 1001% not guilty of his false and lying accusations, I know God is by my side and I will grow this child to be the a better woman and a loving human.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Reno Omokri: I Don't Know If Polygamy Is A Sin / 'How My Husband Stripped Me Unclad Before Herbalist' / Share Your Crazy Experiences With Last Borns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.