Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:42 AM

How Do I Grow In Christ? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Do I Grow In Christ? (408 Views)

My Unbiased Summary As A Former Member Of Celestial Church Of Christ... / SHOCKER: The SCAM In Christ Embassy Church / Grow In Giving (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Grow In Christ? by love2017(m): 9:46am On Jun 03, 2017
I want to make a great impact in my generation in God's way. But currently, I have a lot to overcome. Amongst them are; ability to function in Church, to do things in the House of God and to do the things of God. Like giving a charge/sermon, leading prayer, songs. Functioning in church. Pls how do i set myself on a path that will make grow to achieve this?

Someone with a spirit led idea should help.
Re: How Do I Grow In Christ? by oyestephen(m): 10:03am On Jun 03, 2017
everything starts and ends with the holy Spirit. continuously desire to have a relationship with him, and gradually things become clearer. it's not magic, it's a gradual process

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Grow In Christ? by collinsfhk(m): 11:25am On Jun 03, 2017
oyestephen:
everything starts and ends with the holy Spirit. continuously desire to have a relationship with him, and gradually things become clearer. it's not magic, it's a gradual process

On point. In addition, PIeter 2:2. Also remember, John 4:24

Stay blessed!
Re: How Do I Grow In Christ? by ifenes(m): 11:33am On Jun 03, 2017
love2017:
I want to make a great impact in my generation in God's way. But currently, I have a lot to overcome. Amongst them are; ability to function in Church, to do things in the House of God and to do the things of God. Like giving a charge/sermon, leading prayer, songs. Functioning in church. Pls how do i set myself on a path that will make grow to achieve this?

Christ is your true essence, your natural state. The best way you can be Christ is to be yourself the best way you can and ignore what other people think of you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Grow In Christ? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
love2017:

All these things you mentionned, have nothing to do with "growing in christ". These are just religous activities, which Jesus himself never did.

Christ is a level of consciousness, it is actually the last level of consciousness before merging with "God". if you want to reach the christ consciousness, start working inward. Outward activities are just religious activities, which bear little to no impact to your spiritual ascension.

Greetings.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Grow In Christ? by urheme: 12:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
love2017:

God is served out side the Church not inside the church.....if you want to impact your generation..then think outside the church....Christ went about doing good.....and when he sent the 70 out....he did not send them into a church but to people... functioning in a church is a different thing entirely from the need to impact a generation.

God Help you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

Pictures From Centenary Of The Apparition Of The Blessed Virgin Mary In Abia / life / Let Your Threads Be Seasoned With Salt, Not Weakening The Faith Of Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.