Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,206 members, 7,818,705 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:14 PM

Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? (21477 Views)

Are Christians Allowed To Have Sex After Traditional Wedding? / When Are christians Permitted to KILL and Can A Christian Be A Soldier? / Why Are Christians Such Liars? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by MaziOmenuko: 10:14am On Jun 04, 2017
Carry your heaven go joor, you even think some of us care about that place if it really exist?

If it's that great, how come a third of angels got pissed off and staged a cuop?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Tecno66: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2017
HarkymTheOracle:

That is what they think..
If you are a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to heaven (no matter how bad you are)
and if you are not a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to hell..
same applies to the Muslims.
Everyone thinks the world revolves around their own religion and ONLY their religion is true.
I wonder how our morally-upright traditionalist forefathers were judged?
Or
what will happen to the billions of people who arent practising your own religion?
They will all go to hell abi?

A christain girl once told me the whites brought God to Africa.. I wonder what the blacks were worshipping before then cos i know Olodumare in Yoruba traditional religion means God.. Or probably God created himself for the whites and Created the devil and evil spirits for the blacks

Brainwashed mofos!!!
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Tecno66: 10:15am On Jun 04, 2017
You are wrong. A christian of sinful nature goes to hell. But note that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh to God except through Jesus. All power in heaven and on earth is given to him. Even the koran comfirms that Jesus will judge the world at the end of time. If you have not found it in your koran, dig deeper or ask your scholar.
HarkymTheOracle:

That is what they think..
If you are a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to heaven (no matter how bad you are)
and if you are not a christain,you AUTOMATICALLY go to hell..
same applies to the Muslims.
Everyone thinks the world revolves around their own religion and ONLY their religion is true.
I wonder how our morally-upright traditionalist forefathers were judged?
Or
what will happen to the billions of people who arent practising your own religion?
They will all go to hell abi?

A christain girl once told me the whites brought God to Africa.. I wonder what the blacks were worshipping before then cos i know Olodumare in Yoruba traditional religion means God.. Or probably God created himself for the whites and Created the devil and evil spirits for the blacks

Brainwashed mofos!!!
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by baylord101(m): 10:15am On Jun 04, 2017
bonifieldstun:
Christian goes to heaven to meet with thy Almighty Father
While moslem goes to paradise and Bleep 12 hot sexy virgin waiting for them (religion of madness, where terrorism is a way of life)
Why not take your time to learn about Islam and stop judging from the Moslem you know

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:20am On Jun 04, 2017
Harbioye:

Wow!!!
Clap for yourself...
1. Do me a little favor by quoting the verse(s) of the Quran that preaches violence as a way of life and the sunnah of the prophet that confirms the above.
2. Ever read the bible from genesis to revelation?
Guess u didn't noticed the contradictions in it, right?

Or u didn't noticed what Jesus forbade that u Christains, still continue to do?

Lastly, all Muslims believe in Jesus Christ and any Muslim that doesn't believe in him, is not a Muslim.

Surah Aal-e-Imran, Verse 85:
وَمَن يَبْتَغِ غَيْرَ الْإِسْلَامِ دِينًا فَلَن يُقْبَلَ مِنْهُ وَهُوَ فِي الْآخِرَةِ مِنَ الْخَاسِرِينَ

And whoever seeks a religion other than Islam, it will never be accepted of him, and in the Hereafter he will be one of the losers.
(English - Mohsin Khan)
lol you guys are funny, is like you people don't know the meaning of Christ you tag in Jesus name. Lol when you people believe in Jesus the prophet not Jesus Christ the messiah. Lol
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by kingyong2473(m): 10:21am On Jun 04, 2017
First of all the gospel of Jesus Christ birth and resurrection is foolishness to those who are perishing, except the spirit of God moves you, you can't know Christ. Is not just about being a Christian it is about being a believer and surrendering your behavior and way of life to the one who owns the world.
It is not delusional to say heaven and hell is real, of course there is a day to give account for everything little or small you did.
You can't be saved by just your good works, I wish we could but is impossible. Haven't you heared, your faith and your works has to show together. Not enough to be just doing good but is better for you to find Christ for benefits such as finding strength to do good to your neighbors.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by CanadianNurse: 10:21am On Jun 04, 2017
gentlegenius:

If the Christians you are referring to are simply those who belongs to the Christianity religion, then you have a very wrong ideology about making Heaven.
Do you know that all the religions and religious groups we have here on earth(including Christianity) is false, fake and useless before God?
The Bible says that "Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world" (James 1:27).
I am quoting the Bible because I believe you belong to Christianity religion and should therefore believe everything in the Bible.
As you can see, the only religion God our father recognise as true and genuine is summarised in 2 things- HOLINESS and KINDNESS. Aside these, every other things we call religion is false and fake in God's perspective. But you must recognise the fact that these 2 things has nothing to do with where we belong but has everything to do with our lifestyle and what we practice. When a certain rich man confronted Jesus with the question: what shall I do to make heaven, Jesus didn't tell him to join any religion or believe in him as the son of God; but rather, he told him to keep the commandments so as to be HOLY before God and to sell his riches to help the poor so as to be KIND before God. This was a strong confirmation that HOLINESS and KINDNESS are the only things that matter to God, and our only ticket to heaven. Jesus didn't come to give us any new law other than the 10 commandments. His only law for us was to love one another which is only a summary of the 10 commandments. He never told us to believe in him as part of the conditions he gave for making Heaven. So irrespective of the religious group you belong, if you can practice HOLINESS and KINDNESS, and meet the conditions Jesus gave for salvation, you'll be saved when he comes to judge the world. After all, there were people who lived and died in the old testament era, who neither knew Jesus nor believe in him yet they made heaven.
Read your Bible very well and stop believing that salvation is for Christians alone. Also, For your information, Christians are not the only people on earth that knows Jesus and believe in his name.
bros please explain more @bolded I'm learning
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by frank317: 10:21am On Jun 04, 2017
WebSurfer:

And you that judges someone without knowing them will go to where ?

I have bought my ticket to hell a long time ago. I have one extra, do u care for it?

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:23am On Jun 04, 2017
Slimszy:

Fallacy... Before the advent of Christianity in Nigeria in the 19th century by the Western missionaries...we had our own traditional religion.. Are you saying people who died prior to this time without the knowledge of Christianity wont make heaven? Its just logical bro... Do good...dont be clouded with what most of our yahoo boys pastor teach
lol well book of revelation have already said everything. The dead will be given second chance.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:25am On Jun 04, 2017
Tecno66:
You are wrong. A christian of sinful nature goes to hell. But note that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. No man cometh to God except through Jesus. All power in heaven and on earth is given to him. Even the koran comfirms that Jesus will judge the world at the end of time. If you have not found it in your koran, dig deeper or ask your scholar.

My koran? Na me write am?

You expect me to believe a scholar who was taught what he knows just like the people that taught him where taught?

Mr Man,This your own "God" as you potray is biased.

Is God biased?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by biafratwo: 10:26am On Jun 04, 2017
People have been brainwashed into accepting just anything as right and true especially when it comes from someone with perceived authority such as the pastors and bishops.

The question of getting to heaven has been clearly defined in the Bible. So do not allow anybody deceive you with vain words.

Mark 13:27 And then shall he send his angels, and shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from the uttermost part of the earth to the uttermost part of heaven.

Did you hear that? It's the elect he is interested in and unfortunately, the elect is not measured and/or determined by religious affiliation.

The criteria is simple and enough to accommodate anybody from any tribe, race and under any religion.

That standard by which people may be judged by to ascertain if they belong to this elect class is namely that if they confess with their mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in their heart that God raised him from the dead.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:29am On Jun 04, 2017
Abasstoheeb:

we believe in Jesus Christ and we call him Isa

he even stated to xtian to blve in last prophet Muhammad,dey shud
check therr old testament given to him from God and not d edited one
lol
1. This section is not for mumuslim.
2. Is like you don't know the meaning of Christ you are taging to his name. Lol
3. Can you please show me the verse in the bible that Jesus state Any name like Muhammad. Lol
4. Is like you have the non edited version, can i see it please. Mtcheew
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Eazie351(m): 10:31am On Jun 04, 2017
Abasstoheeb:
Go and read brief history of prophet Muhammad Hw it propagate Islam Go and ask from intelligent pple wat prophet told us abt conflict
N mind you, who said xtian re not terrorist Hw US lead d world Adolf hilter N many from dere region to stop Islam
you are ignorance
I can injure you sha...lol

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by ozaovehe(m): 10:34am On Jun 04, 2017
Saintsammurai:
First of we have to understand the true meaning of Christian.
The word Christian means a Christ like person, a person that has the character and meekness of JESUS Christ of Nazareth..
Now heaven was created by the Father (jehovah)of Jesus Christ..
Everything in heaven revolves around JESUS, so it's only those that are Christ like that will make heaven..
so you cannot be worshiping other gods and shouting Allah and expect to be where JESUS rule...

so yes it is only Christian that follows the law of JESUS, i mean it is only the good and faithful Christian that will make heaven.
Pls can you give me three laws with Bible reference which you and the Christians are following.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Slimszy: 10:40am On Jun 04, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

lol well book of revelation have already said everything. The dead will be given second chance.

Same Bible said... "after death, judgement"
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by abdulahi001: 10:41am On Jun 04, 2017
Well, Quran has the answer.

Indeed, the believers, Jews, Christians, and Sabians—whoever ˹truly˺ believes in God and the Last Day and does good will have their reward with their Lord. And there will be no fear for them, nor will they grieve.
[ Quran 2:62 ]
Indeed, the believers, Jews, Sabians and Christians—whoever ˹truly˺ believes in God and the Last Day and does good, there will be no fear for them, nor will they grieve.
[ Quran 5:69 ]
Indeed, the believers, Jews, Sabians, Christians, Magi, and the polytheists—God will judge between them ˹all˺ on Judgment Day. Surely God is a Witness over all things.
[ Quran 22:17 ]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by zeongeon: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2017
if you have testimonies on the supernatural or your interested or you have got unusual questions or topics you want to share or learn about then you may want to join this whatsapp community were we seek to discuss things rarely discussed from divine healing, angelic experiences, Astra projection, personal views /ideologies , restoration etc.. Share your stories, talk about strange but true events and also learn too. Everyone is welcome to join the group be you Christians, Muslims, traditionalist, Atheist, Buddhist etc
use the link below to join
https://chat dot whatsapp dot com/4tmUk0OkFhU9zTGb1Zpq3v
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by ozaovehe(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
Olabenjamen22:

lol
1. This section is not for mumuslim.
2. Is like you don't know the meaning of Christ you are taging to his name. Lol
3. Can you please show me the verse in the bible that Jesus state Any name like Muhammad. Lol
4. Is like you have the non edited version, can i see it please. Mtcheew
Is there any prophecy or any name "Jesus" in old testament?.. if non why do demand Muslim to show you Muhammad as name in old testament. If you want Muslim to show you the name Muhammad then you will have to get the Hebrew Bible and not translation into English or other Language.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by aku626(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
In our recent times yes (AD) before Christ: only those who where righteous those who feared God, allies of Israel.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by oldtime(m): 10:45am On Jun 04, 2017
vargasvictory:
Now, this is a question that has given me a hard time solving. According to the doctrine, sinners and unrepentant unbelievers would be condemned.

Then, I've met many people from other religions with a good good heart, better than some Christians and I can't help but wonder what will happen to them

Guys, what'd you think?

cc: Lalasticlala

And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.  Rev 20:15 

There will be no "Christian" in God's Heaven as defined by you, those who will be in Heaven are those who have responded to Jesus Christ and are trusting Him for their eternal salvation, In God's Heaven. Jesus is God's measure and means for entry. THERE IS NO OTHER MEANS, being Good and Moral, outward Piety and all that thing you call goodness cannot admit anyone into God's eternal Heaven.

God made Jesus ONLY is parameter for admittance, There is no other merit. FASTING will not do, any form of punishment inflicted on ourselves to attain Gods heaven is a Hoax, God demands a perfect obedience and the only One who meets Gods standard is Jesus and He calls all men to look unto Him and trust in His death which God accepts for redemption

To look elsewhere is to dare God and call God a liar.

those who will be in God's heaven are the Blood washed, May God in mercy count us worthy as we look to Jesus

Rev_14:1-4, Rev_19:14; Psa_149:5-9; Jer_1:15, Jer_1:19; Mic_5:7-9; Joh_15:16; Rom_8:30, Rom_8:37; 2Ti_2:4; Heb_3:1-2; 1Pe_2:9
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 10:46am On Jun 04, 2017
Benekruku:
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, None but yourself can free your mind"

Whoever told you there was heaven and hell only used it to put you to slavery..... Its all fiction!

but who do you think told people about hell and heaven?
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by helphelp: 10:47am On Jun 04, 2017
walls01:

religion maybe scam, but what about God?

Let God reside in you.

Follow the laws of the land and be great.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Nobody: 10:47am On Jun 04, 2017
Toks2008:
Christianity and Islamic religions are scams.

There is no religion in heaven..it's Man made so whether you call yourself a Christian or Muslim, it is inconsequential cos in heaven there will neither be Muslims nor Christians but those whose name are written in the book of life....better put,those who have accepted Jesus as lord and saviour.

These are the people that will make heaven..*BELIEVERS IN CHRIST*
Staunch fundamentalist of Yahweh spotted.... Preach The gospel Bro....... Wé Are all going to hell. Meet you there bro
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by aioluwa: 10:47am On Jun 04, 2017
Some issues are better not discussed...

" The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense. This is the way God works... "
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Alexbrain(m): 10:50am On Jun 04, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

This is not true

Satan and Yahweh are bestest buddies. The Book of Job has Satan having a pleasant chat with Yahweh, during which they make a bet involving killing people and screwing one guy over. Nope, there's no animosity between Yahweh and Satan in the least. They get along just fine.

Moreover, what we learned from the book of Job is that Satan can't do anything without God's explicit permission - God keeps him on a very short leash. So let's have none of this trying to excuse God for what Satan does - he's like that guy who lets his dog poop on your lawn while he's taking him for a walk.

According to the accounts of why David did a census in Samuel and Chronicles, Satan and Yahweh are beyond best buddies. If the angel of the Lord is the Holy Ghost, then Satan is a part of godhead that must be a quadrants, at least.

what nonsense! The Egyptians don't need to contest it cuz even the Jews themselves don't believe that nonsense read up and cure your ignorance http://www.beliefnet.com/faiths/judaism/2004/12/did-the-exodus-really-happen.aspx

In addition to the fact that there is nothing in all of Egypt's history, which mentions a Pharoah who perished by drowning in pursuit of millions... nor the existence of millions of hebrew slaves, nor devastating plagues... in fact, if things transpired as the bible described, Egypt would have crumbled and never recover...
Imagine the economic implication of a nation losing its basic workforce of slaves over night... and having millions of its sons die in one night... all this after a series of devastating plagues which would bring the mightiest empire to its knees...
Yet, Egypt remained a powerful nation, economically and militarily for a very very long time...

There are stories of people praying to the Christian God and being healed.

There are stories of people praying to non-Christian gods and being healed.

There are stories of people praying to no gods and being healed.

There are stories of members of all three categories who are not healed.

How do we figure out if anything is going on except confirmation bias? We find people who are sick, we have some prayed for and some not, and we see if there is a different recovery rate. The Templeton Foundation - a group inclined to believe that prayer is effective - ran exactly that experiment and found no difference.

I can go on a limb and say You don't have millions of answered prayers; you have millions of people who're determined to believe that their prayers were answered. Big difference.
the Koran also says similar

yeah, let's examine your hypocrisy, do you condemn the killing of the Canaanite and Midianite infants?

if Yes, you're not a hypocrite, if no then you have no grounds to criticise Islam because the Israeli soldiers killed the infants on the instructions from their god and Islamic terrorists carry out same instructions from their god, pick one, wither way its lose lose

of course this is what they call fallacy of circular reasoning, you're using the bible to confirm the Bible

that's like assuming harry potter is real because the book said so and therefore whatever is written there is valid

pure nonsense
I so much love your reply here, you nailed it to the finish.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 10:55am On Jun 04, 2017
helphelp:

Let God reside in you.

Follow the laws of the land and be great.

law of the land like man marring man. you know law of God is different
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by walls01: 10:56am On Jun 04, 2017
ColonelDrake:
There is no heaven or hell; it only exists as a figment of your imagination. Why would god wanna roast human being in hell? Something I as a human wouldn't contemplate if I were a god. That's inhumane mehn!
The theory of heaven and hell is good, at least it whips people, especially blacks into line. I wonder what the world would be like without that fear of hell or promise of heaven. Those of who would still do good regardless of heaven or hell are less than 3% of the global populace.

that is not necessary, jail time and death sentence is enough to scare anyone.

1 Like

Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by Olabenjamen22(m): 10:56am On Jun 04, 2017
Slimszy:

Same Bible said... "after death, judgement"

Hebrews 9:27 King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men "once" to die, but after this the judgment:
am not saying they will come back to life oo, what i mean is that those people that die without hearing the gospel will be given chance to hear about it.
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by bonifieldstun(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2017
baylord101:
Why not take your time to learn about Islam and stop judging from the Moslem you know
my broda wat is der to learn about
Boko haram -moslem
Isis-moslem
Hezbola-moslem
Al shakar -moslem
Omo all this terrorist groups reach 100 and are all in the name of Allah so what is der for me to learn oooo how to bomb and say THIS IS FOR ALLAH ABI
Re: Are Christians The Only People Who Will Go To Heaven? by gentlegenius(m): 10:57am On Jun 04, 2017
CanadianNurse:
bros please explain more @bolded I'm learning
I mean that there are other religions in the world that recognise Jesus Christ and believe in his name. For example, I know a certain man in my place whom we think belongs to a powerful society. He has a sanctuary in his house and in that sanctuary there was always a bible, 7 books of Moses, cross and pictures of Jesus Christ. The man was always very free with people and once took my dad into his sanctuary. When my dad saw the Bible and pictures of Jesus Christ he was surprised because the man doesn't go to any church. He asked him what pictures of Jesus on the cross are doing in his sanctuary and he replied that he belongs to a very strange religion called the White brotherhood and in their religion, they used the Bible and believe in Jesus Christ. He said the Bible and the name of Jesus are two powerful things their religion doesn't joke with. He also told my dad that there are many other unfamiliar religions on earth that uses the Bible and believes in the name of Jesus. But like I said earlier, believing in Christ is not a condition for salvation because even the demons believe in him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

RCCG Fasting For The Year 2019 Commences On The 11th Of January / The Best Prayer Position As A Christian! / What Bible Says About The Rich And Powerful Building Doomsday Bunkers (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.