Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,489 members, 7,958,491 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 03:40 PM

11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business (14789 Views)

A Police Officer Wants To Quit Over Poor Pay / Should I Resign My Good Bank Job And Start A Business? / 5 Ways To Know It's Time To Quit Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by AAinEqGuinea: 1:38pm On Jun 05, 2017
agitator:

hmmmmmmmmmm, ok tell everybody to stop working and start biz so they wont be slave. wink wink wink

Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by Untainted007: 1:39pm On Jun 05, 2017
slimberie:

Really nice try dear[/color][color=#770077] smiley...

Thanks for the compliment. Wow, I just saw on your DP that you schooled and graduated in Unilorin.
''Better by Far''. We are same ''product'', though I graduated in 2009.
Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
What a pile of rubbish..... So you look down on being an employee, look down on having a boss etc as an excuse to start your own business so you can be the boss of miserable employees like yourself?! Obviously, being an employee (or the JOB) isn't the problem here... YOU are the problem, and will never have a successful biz with such poor state of mind.

I guess the CEOs of Apple/yahoo/Microsoft etc should all quit and create their own miserable biz because they are not the owners of these companies?! What a sad/failed state of mind

2 Likes

Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by agitator: 1:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
MrBrownJay1:
What a pile of rubbish..... So you look down on being an employee, look down on having a boss etc as an excuse to start your own business so you can be the boss of miserable employees like yourself?! Obviously, being an employee (or the JOB) isn't the problem here... YOU are the problem, and will never have a successful biz with such poor state of mind.

I guess the CEOs of Apple/yahoo/Microsoft etc should all quit and create their own miserable biz because they are not the owners of these companies?! What a sad/failed state of mind

grin grin grin

Unfortunately they have some gullible believers. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
agitator:

grin grin grin

Unfortunately they have some gullible believers. cry cry cry

That's the saddest part of it all.... Some people have never held a successful position, never been successful in any endeavor, don't have a CLUE what it takes to run a successful biz... Yet that miserable person should quit their job and continue having a miserable life, but this time with the extra stress of having employees and making ends meet?!

This is the reason why so many biz are failing in 9ja. every clueless Dikc, Tom and Harry thinks they can be the next Dangote, instead of focussing on being happy with what they have.

Here is a clue: if you are passionate aBout math and you become a professor of mathematic in a great school, with great incentives, then better thank your blessings, instead of looking down on them.
Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by HARDDON: 2:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
If you dont pursue ur dreams, others wud pay u peanuts to help build theirs.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by saintruky(m): 3:25pm On Jun 05, 2017
Op in as much as I don't disagree wit ur writeups, permit me to ask, suggest entrepreneurial business one could do.

1 Like

Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by vislabraye(m): 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2017
AAinEqGuinea:

Your children will be your employees and when they're mature pass the business on to them, at that time they should be ready to expand or evolve the business given to them. If not your own children then willing and responsible youth of your country bc college isn't for everyone. Either way, everyone continues to push the science or field of the industry forward.

If one is a college graduate there's little to no reason why one should be working for someone. The idea of college is laughable in these times which only reinforces a foolish notion that one obtains a degree to, in most cases, work for someone else. Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and many others don't have college degrees.... but the irony here is that these CEOs mostly hire college educated executives. The only thing these CEOs had going for them is that their parents were like those mentioned in my first paragraph -- parents who were either employees or provided an environment in which their children could be radically innovative .

I like it when people speak the complete truth and not half truths. Mark Zuckerberg went to an elite school but dropped out to establish his company. That's the truth but that doesn't mean he didn't learn anything from college.
Zuckerberg is an inventor. In fact, if he hadn't gone to college, he wouldn't have gotten the skills that made him a billionaire. If he hadn't gone to college, he wouldn't have met with the people who helped him build Facebook. Zuckerberg is not the typical business man like Dangote and the likes. He's more of the techie type.
It would also do you good to research the billionaires who went to college and gain the full picture. Btw, I don't know whether you are a graduate or not.
Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by vislabraye(m): 4:07pm On Jun 05, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

Talk is cheap. I want to know the business Op does
Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by AAinEqGuinea: 4:59pm On Jun 05, 2017
vislabraye:

I like it when people speak the complete truth and not half truths. Mark Zuckerberg went to an elite school but dropped out to establish his company. That's the truth but that doesn't mean he didn't learn anything from college.
Zuckerberg is an inventor. In fact, if he hadn't gone to college, he wouldn't have gotten the skills that made him a billionaire. If he hadn't gone to college, he wouldn't have met with the people who helped him build Facebook. Zuckerberg is not the typical business man like Dangote and the likes. He's more of the techie type.
It would also do you good to research the billionaires who went to college and gain the full picture. Btw, I don't know whether you are a graduate or not.

Believe you me, there's no way I'm endorsing Zuckerberg's business acumen, i don't care how successful the IP thievery and and financial black-hole called Facebook appears. My point of mentioning Zuck, as it pertains to OP's great advice, was that his parents were dentists and started their own practice.Aside from being a thief with the perfect smile, his parents laid a solid foundation for him to be a entrepreneur. I'm certain that at some time during Zuck's parents youth that they too had to wage-slave until they went to school and started their practice. That's the cycle of life that society needs imo. Where the next generation runs even harder with innovation and trajectory, and not a sluggish barely scraping food normality accepted by many graduates and those in the work force alike. Which is why many see both college and work as a joke, an absolute path to no where.

I'm a graduate in the US. I knew back then that i could not be a cubicle junkie my whole life.
Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by alanka(f): 1:10am On Jun 06, 2017
And you cant start a business also if you cant bear problems that come with business
Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by feelgoodInc: 1:44pm On Jun 08, 2017
cc; lalasticlala
Re: 11 Reasons To Quit Your Job And Start A Business by Nobody: 4:57pm On Jan 09, 2019
Having a job is good, having several sources of income is better, Starting a business has never been this easy, trade secrets are being revealed daily thanks to the internet. Research has shown that your wealth is very dependent on your income, you can only save/invest as much as you earn.
Thinking of the right business to start and make lots of opportunity click here and thank me later https://www.nairaland.com/4940505/how-start-human-hair-company#74453154

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FAAN Reverses Reduction In Staff Salary For May / 6 Useful Career Building Tips For Graduates / The #nairalife Of A Lawyer Who Is Obsessed With Investment Opportunities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.