Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,834 members, 7,813,785 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) - Properties (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) (54685 Views)

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More / Tenants Flee House After 10 Co-tenants Died In Two Years (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by samjey: 11:36pm On Jun 05, 2017
zoeysandra:
I was one of the tenant of that house but left,that house is a caused house the Landlord on its own is a big problem to that community and he has no single friend among the tenant,he has case with almost all the tenant in court which am among,bring Nepa into this issues of being the reason which people don't want to rent that house is just a big lie,that house is substandard all the material they use to build that house is of the lowest quality,the landlord (prof) is a big pain he has fought physical combat with almost all the tenant and the community, in short if u go to that community just stop by and ask anybody about that house they will tell u to run for ur life,the man is a trouble maker,he will bring plumber to ur house to cut ur water supply,he will bring Nepa to cut ur electricity supply he has no mercy,u can't do any partyin that compound even Naming ceremony,even his gate man (baba sule) gave birth he has to go and do the naming ceremony in the opposite compound ,he's evil so him linking the failure to Nepa is just a big lie though Nepa,have there own short comings too.plenty stories about this man but just digest this little,
Hmmmm.how am I supposed to digest this? Nka di egwu...chei!
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Ifyike: 11:40pm On Jun 05, 2017
[quote author=zoeysandra post=57232621]I was one of the tenant of that house but left,that house is a caused house the Landlord on its own is a big problem to that community and he has no single friend among the tenant,he has case with almost all the tenant in court which am among,bring Nepa into this issues of being the reason which people don't want to rent that house is just a big lie,that house is substandard all the material they use to build that house is of the lowest quality,the landlord (prof) is a big pain he has fought physical combat with almost all the tenant and the community, in short if u go to that community just stop by and ask anybody about that house they will tell u to run for ur life,the man is a trouble maker,he will bring plumber to ur house to cut ur water supply,he will bring Nepa to cut ur electricity supply he has no mercy,u can't do any partyin that compound even Naming ceremony. I rest my case
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by hushpapi(m): 11:45pm On Jun 05, 2017
doctimonyeka:
Lwkm.... Why are they running??

We must enjoy the CHANGE together.... You are going nowhere.....

We no fit blame everything on Buhari because he promise CHANGE, which president reach there wey nepa people life style change? Nepa as always been nepa , them go give ur house the bill wey dem think say he go fit am.

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by bornaking(m): 11:47pm On Jun 05, 2017
I say the God that would punish all this private power companies ehn...especially the BEDC here in Benin. bunch of useless people...you hardly see light but when they bring bill it would belike a bill for your whole street.

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by lilfreezy: 11:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
samjey:

NEPA oga? Since when na?

Because it sounds sweeter than ikeja electric bla bla bla

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Bollaskem(f): 12:24am On Jun 06, 2017
That is what IBEDC in BCJ at Apata do for me on March month,they gave me bill of 10,456.18.Just for March month only...lmagine l will left home by 8a.m in the morning and come back in the 10p.m,and l will switch all the light off in my rented 3 bedroom flat,even we don't have frequent light in my area, as for now,no light since 3 days ago,thanks to my generator,report to their office, what they are telling me is that I should pay the money because that is how they bring the cracy bill for once in a 2 year. No be there fault, it is my Landlord that fault,he suppose to installed prepaid meter for each each,see the devill please...my Landlord have a prepaid meter o o o.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Rexnegro(m): 1:03am On Jun 06, 2017
YtivitissuP:
A family friend disconnected his light and traveled for more than 8 months. When he came back, he met NEPA bills for the 8 months.

just imagine...height of extortion
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by TinaAnita(f): 1:07am On Jun 06, 2017
Wonderfully wonderful. I'm shocked... Too bad!
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Antoeni(m): 2:37am On Jun 06, 2017
Error
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by theManOfGod(m): 3:21am On Jun 06, 2017
Although funny, it is reality. May God save us from DISCOS
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by asumo12: 3:58am On Jun 06, 2017
INVINCIBLECSP:
DUE U KW THAT PHCN MAKES THE METER TO RUN FASTER THAN THE ELECTRICITY URE USING. THEY MADE MY PREPAID METER TO RUN LIKE USAIN BOLT, SO I DECIDED TO DO THEY BACK. BY USING DIRECT ELECTRIC CURRENT ON ALL THE SWITCHES AND SUCKET IN MY HOUSE INCLUDING AC UNIT. THE METER ONLY POWER THE BULBS. HENCE IT TAKES A SNAIL JOURNEY 4 THE METER TO FINISH THE CREDIT. THEY THOUGHT THEY ARE WISE.

Your name and address please...

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Raziii(m): 4:32am On Jun 06, 2017
asumo12:

Your name and address please...
Seriously? Hehehe

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by diva90: 4:52am On Jun 06, 2017
That's outrageous! why should electricity bill be more than house rent. However I must say, the rent is cheap sha!! If you devide the total rent monthly, they pay btw N12500 and N16600 for rent per month shocked
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Collyno82(m): 5:02am On Jun 06, 2017
Pidgin2 come n c wat ur people are doing here oooh
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Horlawoomey(m): 5:12am On Jun 06, 2017
doctimonyeka:

CHANGE is just two years old, the house has been abandoned for 3 years. Their predicament preceded the change era.

Clear ?

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Reference(m): 5:17am On Jun 06, 2017
His property is large enough to run an IPP. What is he doing with public utilities.

2 Likes

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by caspet(m): 6:06am On Jun 06, 2017
From my perspective, if you don't want any issue with NEPA, just buy a prepaid meter so the landlord should buy a prepaid meter for each of the flats.Trust me, before the end of this year, all the flats will be occupied. NEPA.....,worst than those policeman standing on d highway.

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Quality20(m): 6:29am On Jun 06, 2017
Really
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by sandland: 6:33am On Jun 06, 2017
We need to ask the minister what he knows his work to be. Apc is a big jok. Why not give people meters. Mr Fashola your head needs to be examined.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by doctimonyeka(m): 6:35am On Jun 06, 2017
Horlawoomey:

CHANGE is just two years old, the house has been abandoned for 3 years. Their predicament preceded the change era.

Clear ?
continue to deceive yourself....
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Smooyis(m): 6:37am On Jun 06, 2017
Not until the masses rise against this injustice and Wickedness, we will continue to groan under the pain of poor electricity but high bills.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by ogologoamu: 6:43am On Jun 06, 2017
YtivitissuP:
A family friend disconnected his light and traveled for more than 8 months. When he came back, he met NEPA bills for the 8 months.

Blame the family friend. If you open an account with NEPA and you want disconnect the your light, go and close your account with them. Just write to them that you will be traveling that they should close your account till you come back, make sure that they acknowledge your own copy...

If not, your account will be reading.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by chukycollections(m): 6:51am On Jun 06, 2017
This is why we need prepaid meters,so we can know what we are using, how can you tell me the bills are accumulating when no one is using it, I watched a video where mud houses in Ghana has prepaid meter, God help this country
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by jamesbridget13(f): 7:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Nepa n their palava. He should get a meter asap
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by jamesbridget13(f): 7:27am On Jun 06, 2017
chukycollections:
This is why we need prepaid meters,so we can know what we are using, how can you tell me the bills are accumulating when no one is using it, I watched a video where mud houses in Ghana has prepaid meter, God help this country
yes o. Everyone using light in Ghana has a meter
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by otutu123(m): 7:53am On Jun 06, 2017
The landlord has himself to blame. what stops him from buying prepaid meter for the whole flats?
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by agitator: 7:54am On Jun 06, 2017
doctimonyeka:

grin grin grin
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by lilytender: 8:00am On Jun 06, 2017
doctimonyeka:

You need medical examination because I doubt your sanity. PDP lead by Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Goatluck sold NEPA to their friends, not Buhari use your head and stop disgracing your family, your tribe and your race.

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Mac2016(m): 8:00am On Jun 06, 2017
lilfreezy:
NEPA is Savage. The one wey dey pain me pass is that They keep delaying the sharing of prepaid meters because they know if it's done they will all lose their jobs.
the prepaid is not any better oooooo...since i was given i dont use most of my electrical gadgets again such as hot plate and a/cs..changed all my bulbs to leds but yet using tv and few bulbs alone...this month on 6th june..i have used 1500 light already.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by joe4christ(m): 8:23am On Jun 06, 2017
masties2:
This is a ready sad and pathetic case. I will advice the landlord to go to court. I know the marketer handling that area. They are all very greedy. I also get an average estimated bill of 12-16k every month in that area. The painful thing is the marketers know but they are trying to met target and also looking for their shares. Bunch of he- goats.

But is it that there is no pre-paid metre been given by the electricity company or they plainly didn't order for one. cos I don't see why an estate should not have installed prepaid meters
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by lilfreezy: 8:29am On Jun 06, 2017
Mac2016:

the prepaid is not any better oooooo...since i was given i dont use most of my electrical gadgets again such as hot plate and a/cs..changed all my bulbs to leds but yet using tv and few bulbs alone...this month on 6th june..i have used 1500 light already.
wow that's how much? In naira
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by armadeo(m): 8:37am On Jun 06, 2017
YtivitissuP:

People would think this is a joke. But it happened to me. I travelled for about 3 months and I removed the fuse in my house. No light there for 3 months and I came back to meet 3 months bill.

I went to nepa office and was told why didn't I come to tell them I was travelling?

The talk was long. They even disconnected the light sef. If not that I liked the landlord he was a gentle man I would have left without paying the bill.

Nepa give us prepaid meters.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Built My Own House After Following Some Of Nairalanders' Advice / Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} / FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.