Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,845 members, 7,813,849 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) - Properties (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) (54687 Views)

Tenants To Pay 6% Stamp Duty - FIRS Tells Landlords & Property Agents / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More / Tenants Flee House After 10 Co-tenants Died In Two Years (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Mac2016(m): 8:39am On Jun 06, 2017
lilfreezy:
wow that's how much? In naira
normally expend nothing less than N4,000 per month
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Abudu2000(m): 8:52am On Jun 06, 2017
Everything comes wit a price na, those areas are one of the most constantly supplied Areas in Nigeria ( u can quote me) they can go for weeks without power failure. I know this coz i once lived there and only left coz my house was sold and everyone evicted within Short notice
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by belindar: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Anamdi explained that the bill was accumulated despite no tenant was living there for over three years.

How can the Electricity be billing the property when the place was empty. That is how reckless the company are.
The man should go to court so that the bill should be written off and and the landlord should fix prepaid meters in each of the flat.
No light but you get billed every month.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by doctimonyeka(m): 10:05am On Jun 06, 2017
lilytender:

You need medical examination because I doubt your sanity. PDP lead by Obasanjo, Yar'Adua and Goatluck sold NEPA to their friends, not Buhari use your head and stop disgracing your family, your tribe and your race.
you lack home training... Your mother didn't train you properly.... Can't you comment without insulting someone??
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by CioAngels(f): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2017
Phcn, Ikedi are deliberately doing this becos Nigeria is Corupt so they will take their own from the suffering masses who they will be forced to pay. Ikedi are armed rubbers, rather than give prepaid meter, they are distributing letters condemning Active old meters that are working saying the implication is that they will be giving Estimated bills which we must pay whether we like it or not. Is fashola part of this deadly plan been meted to the suffering masses by the insatiable leaders who bought ouer the light companies with no knowledge of how to generate light and yet people are paying for Darkness? Fashola?

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by murmee: 11:49am On Jun 06, 2017
YtivitissuP:
A family friend disconnected his light and traveled for more than 8 months. When he came back, he met NEPA bills for the 8 months.

That's how Discos operate. Even when a house or flat is vacant for years, estimated bill still goes to the unoccupied houses!

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by murmee: 11:52am On Jun 06, 2017
INVINCIBLECSP:
DUE U KW THAT PHCN MAKES THE METER TO RUN FASTER THAN THE ELECTRICITY URE USING. THEY MADE MY PREPAID METER TO RUN LIKE USAIN BOLT, SO I DECIDED TO DO THEY BACK. BY USING DIRECT ELECTRIC CURRENT ON ALL THE SWITCHES AND SUCKET IN MY HOUSE INCLUDING AC UNIT. THE METER ONLY POWER THE BULBS. HENCE IT TAKES A SNAIL JOURNEY 4 THE METER TO FINISH THE CREDIT. THEY THOUGHT THEY ARE WISE.
You should be prosecuted for Economic Sabotage!
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by rumaabk(m): 12:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
dre11:

28 TENANTS FLEE ESTATE WHERE ELECTRICITY BILL ARE MORE THAN RENT PAYMENT

http://pmexpressng.com/28-tenants-flee-estate-electricity-bill-rent-payment/

My prayer all d time is may the almighty God destroy abuja electricity distribution company and others distribution companies in this country, b'cos they way they are exploiting is too much and government is doing nothing to help.

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by iaatmguy(m): 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
emeijeh:
laugh wan kill me die grin grin cheesy grin
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Abagworo(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
This was confirmed by the Landlord who said the electricity company has destroyed his investment in the estate business after spending 40 years in abroad and returned to Nigeria to invest.

There is Owerri, Enugu, Asaba, Onitsha, Aba, your village and several choice locations in Igboland but you chose to invest your 40 years earning at a remote place in Lagos. Weh done sir but don't ever disturb our peace with biagra and marginalisation stories.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by iaatmguy(m): 12:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
Abudu2000:
Everything comes wit a price na, those areas are one of the most constantly supplied Areas in Nigeria ( u can quote me) they can go for weeks without power failure. I know this coz i once lived there and only left coz my house was sold and everyone evicted within Short notice
So what of those areas that don't have power for months yet they still get billed? the fact that they have constant power doesn't warrant them to give them crazy bills, the point is they are corrupt and inept.
Please do not encourage it with your statement it's misleading
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 12:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
That serves the owner of the Estate right, they will never establish any meaningful investment in their areas of origin, these are the same people who will always kick against the restoration of Biafra because of their impulsive investments in other people's land. Imagine that kind of frustration, wickedness and envy by an Afonja controlled NEPA Unit.

Biafra please come fast to save us.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Eziokwuegbuozoo: 12:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
Abudu2000:
So assuming that there has never been power failure even for one second since Nigeria was concocted, and someone will have to pay close to 1k on daily basis for light alone? In Biafra Nation, electricity supply in fundamental to one's right.

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by sshalom(m): 1:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
The people or consortium that bought PHCN from the FGN only saw an avenue to make quick money without necessary investment and corporate governance.

1 Like

Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by mechanics(m): 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
The landlord was not wise, when prepaid meter was easy to get then, he should have installed it or better still look for old analogue meters.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by ebby9z(m): 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
The tragedy of the whole thing is these same distribution companies are rejecting megawatts of power from transmission, yet they refused to provide metres so they can keep extorting money from citizens thereby amassing immense wealth for themselves. Seems government is complicit in this. To allow these fiends in overalls to continue ripping off us like this is just unfortunate. Their devilish estimated billing is really killing businesses in the country.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by ebby9z(m): 10:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eziokwuegbuozoo:
That serves the owner of the Estate right, they will never establish any meaningful investment in their areas of origin, these are the same people who will always kick against the restoration of Biafra because of their impulsive investments in other people's land. Imagine that kind of frustration, wickedness and envy by an Afonja controlled NEPA Unit.

Biafra please come fast to save us.
You're filled with hate, bile and negativity. Is this the best you can say to your "brother" whose investment is being allowed to fall apart? Your tribalism has gotten so bad you're turning on your "brothers"
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 07, 2017
murmee:
You should be prosecuted for Economic Sabotage!
WIC ECONOMIC SABOTAGE. U WANT TO CLAIM SAINT NOW. PHCN ARE TRYING BUT THEY NEED TO GIVE IN THE BEST TO THERE CUSTOMERS. AND AM NOT A POLITICIAN THAT ARE ENGAGING IN ECONOMIC SABOTAGE. LOOK 4 ANOTHER WORD PLS
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Nobody: 11:54am On Jun 07, 2017
asumo12:

Your name and address please...
U WANT TO COME AND DISCONNECT ME OR ARREST ME. MY STREET PEOPLE ARE NOT SMILING AT ALL O. IF U LYK COME WIT 200 MOPOLS AND ARMY. U WIL BE TURNED BK TO WHERE U CAME 4RM
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by asumo12: 5:50pm On Jun 07, 2017
INVINCIBLECSP:
U WANT TO COME AND DISCONNECT ME OR ARREST ME. MY STREET PEOPLE ARE NOT SMILING AT ALL O. IF U LYK COME WIT 200 MOPOLS AND ARMY. U WIL BE TURNED BK TO WHERE U CAME 4RM

Okay...

Just gimme your address let us coman do the needful Daz all...
angry
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
asumo12:

Okay...

Just gimme your address let us coman do the needful Daz all...
angry

LOLZ IS LYK U DNT LOVE UR FAMILY. THEY WIL JUST BUNDLE U UP AND THROW U IN THE THRASH. ABEG JUST 4GET IT, U FAMILY NEED U
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by masties2(f): 8:39pm On Jun 18, 2017
joe4christ:

But is it that there is no pre-paid metre been given by the electricity company or they plainly didn't order for one. cos I don't see why an estate should not have installed prepaid meters

They have absolutely refused to provide pre paid meters. We have ordered and even made payment.
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by LOUIS6(m): 11:37am On Sep 21, 2017
Bollaskem:
That is what IBEDC in BCJ at Apata do for me on March month,they gave me bill of 10,456.18.Just for March month only...lmagine l will left home by 8a.m in the morning and come back in the 10p.m,and l will switch all the light off in my rented 3 bedroom flat,even we don't have frequent light in my area, as for now,no light since 3 days ago,thanks to my generator,report to their office, what they are telling me is that I should pay the money because that is how they bring the cracy bill for once in a 2 year. No be there fault, it is my Landlord that fault,he suppose to installed prepaid meter for each each,see the devill please...my Landlord have a prepaid meter o o o.

hello... Ma. check your mail, i sent PM
Re: 28 Tenants Flee Estate Where Electricity Bill Is More Than Rent (pic) by johnHerba(m): 12:05am On Oct 25, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I Built My Own House After Following Some Of Nairalanders' Advice / Why Not A Central AC System? (Photos} / FLOORING: WHICH TILE SHOULD I GO FOR? AN ADVICE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.