Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,903 members, 7,863,109 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 11:41 AM

What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend (695 Views)

How To Stay Safe When Meeting A Nigerian Guy You Met Online / 9 Things To Know When Meeting Your Partner’s Parents / Ever Met An Online Friend In The Outside World, Share Your Stories (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:09am On Jun 06, 2017
Based on the earlier discussion about why nairaland ladies most times avoid meeting nairaland guys offline... A lot have expressed security issues others complained about kiss and tell attitudes​ of the other person involved.

What safety and security measures are necessary when meeting an online friend to avoid being hurt or becoming another entry on the victims list of those who went from online acquittals​ to real world acquittances.
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Dotwillis1(m): 6:29am On Jun 06, 2017
#FirstSafetyPrecaution
Get prepared to meet a lady totally different from the beautiful pictures you v been drooling over so that the disappointment won't cause you heart attackgrin
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:32am On Jun 06, 2017
lovers in the house it is up to you.
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Dotwillis1:
#FirstSafetyPrecaution
Get prepared to meet a lady totally different from the beautiful pictures you v been drooling over so that the disappointment won't cause you heart attackgrin
Haba?
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by ikbnice(m): 6:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Meet in a public place where there are lots of people around and also in day time. Let the meeting not extend unnecessarily by keeping it brief but don't appear to be in a hurry, it's more or less a physical assessment meeting.
Decline any offer of going anywhere private and remember, be on your guard.
A word is enough for the wise.

3 Likes

Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 06, 2017
ikbnice:
Meet in a public place where there are lots of people around and also in day time. Let the meeting not extend unnecessarily by keeping it brief but don't appear to be in a hurry, it's more or less a physical assessment meeting.
Decline any offer of going anywhere private and remember, be on your guard.
A word is enough for the wise.
I will suggest that if possible meet with a friend tagging along
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by nurey(m): 6:48am On Jun 06, 2017
If you are a girl and the guy is coming over to meet you, meet him in a public place preferably eateries where you are unknown, incase he isn't upto to your expectations and you by chance ignore communication with him he won't be able to trace you again.

If you are a guy, you can meet her in your personal crib if she is OK with it and if she doesn't meet up to expectations and you want to severe the communication ties just tell her you have to work on weekdays and travel on weekends.

Follow my advice at your own risk. The girl who cheated on me and still wants us to be friends thinks I am still in the north after 2years serving. grin
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by ikbnice(m): 6:48am On Jun 06, 2017
angels09:

I will suggest that if possible meet with a friend tagging along
Sure, the friend should be there all through the meeting sef. Wetin dem wan talk wey he/she no fit hear.
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:50am On Jun 06, 2017
ikbnice:
Sure, the friend should be there all through the meeting sef. Wetin dem wan talk wey he/she no fit hear.
There's nothing you should discuss exclusively with a stranger.
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 06, 2017
nurey:
If you are a girl and the guy is coming over to meet you, meet him in a public place preferably eateries where you are unknown, incase he isn't upto to your expectations and you by chance ignore communication with him he won't be able to trace you again.

If you are a guy, you can meet her in your personal crib if she is OK with it and if she doesn't meet up to expectations and you want to severe the communication ties just tell her you have to work on weekdays and travel on weekends.

Follow my advice at your own risk. The girl who cheated on me and still wants us to be friends thinks I am still in the north after 2years serving. grin
You don't want to take a karishika babe home....

1 Like

Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:51am On Jun 06, 2017
Go with armed police men. No risk should be taken

1 Like

Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:52am On Jun 06, 2017
NoFavors:
Spooky
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 6:56am On Jun 06, 2017
angels09:

Spooky
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by ikbnice(m): 9:06am On Jun 06, 2017
angels09:

There's nothing you should discuss exclusively with a stranger.
Exactly! But some people make the mistake of thinking the familiarization they have created online is enough to make them no more strangers.
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by ikbnice(m): 9:07am On Jun 06, 2017
NoFavors:
If he/she feels his /her security may be threatened, better meet in front of a police station. Lol
Though I see no reason for the meeting if it gets to this point. There are some people I know online and communicate with that will stay online forever. There's no point meeting physically.
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 10:10am On Jun 06, 2017
ikbnice:
If he/she feels his /her security may be threatened, better meet in front of a police station. Lol
Though I see no reason for the meeting if it gets to this point. There are some people I know online and communicate with that will stay online forever. There's no point meeting physically.
hahaha or maybe inside barracks. Lol

I was just being funny tho

1 Like

Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by ikbnice(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2017
NoFavors:

Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by ikbnice(m): 11:21am On Jun 06, 2017
NoFavors:

lol
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Wizkhalifa2(m): 11:30am On Jun 06, 2017
Get a 9mm.

Thank me later. grin
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Rukkydelta(f): 11:45am On Jun 06, 2017
For ladies when meeting with stranger go with a pepper spray and meet in an open place
Re: What Safety Measures Are Required When Meeting An Online Friend by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jun 06, 2017
Rukkydelta:
For ladies when meeting with stranger go with a pepper spray and meet in an open place
The friend may not display the attributes on the first few days...ensure you know them very well and know people with them...

(1) (Reply)

Is There Anything Wrong With Inviting An Ex To One's Wedding / Today Is Mah Birthday Help Me Celebrate / Discover Ways To Make Her Miss You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.