Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,022 members, 7,835,463 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? (2666 Views)

Nigerian Lady Engaged By Her Facebook Lover: "Facebook Paid Me Off" / We Met In Church: How “No Sex Before Marriage” Destroyed My Marriage / How Long Would It Take Me To Learn Yoruba (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 10:44am On Jun 06, 2017
How long would you want to be engaged before marriage?

The journey down the aisle is an all-familiar one.

So, you meet someone great, fall in love with them, date for a while and as the love grows and the bond is strengthened, he gets on one knee to propose after which you both take the nuptial vows.

The distance between the first stage and the last could be as short as few months like 3 to 6 months to a couple of years like 2 to 4 years.

Therefore, How long would you want to be engaged before marriage? or how long will be too long for you?
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Papiikush: 10:45am On Jun 06, 2017
5 years. I have a lot of researching to do. tongue
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by wordbank(m): 10:47am On Jun 06, 2017
maybe 10yrs cos engagement na semi marriage after dat we can continue
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by pocohantas(f): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:
What are you researching? Is it phd?

OP, 1-3years is okay for me, as long as we're ready in every other aspect. I strongly believe everyone knows what he or she wants in a partner,it doesn't take eternity to figure it out. Insincerity among couples is what makes long courtship ideal. If both are true to themselves, there won't be need to keep observing someone for 12yrs, hoping to discover a negative trait.

Why turn someone to lord of the rings?

In all, some people have it faster, others longer. A happy marriage should be the end result.

1 Like

Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 10:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:

do you think a girl what to be tied down for that long?
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by nawtibownie: 10:50am On Jun 06, 2017
5-6 months (max). I cannur coman turn to Lord in the ring.
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Papiikush: 10:52am On Jun 06, 2017
pocohantas:

What are you researching? Is it phd?

Who wants to wife an ex olosho? grin

robosky02:

do you think a girl what to be tied down for that long?

If she is worth it, she might wanna stick around
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2017
wordbank:
maybe 10yrs cos engagement na semi marriage after dat we can continue

10 years?

you don mean it, and how long will the marriage now have left if 10 years is for engagement?

in short that is marriage grin
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 10:53am On Jun 06, 2017
nawtibownie:
5-6 months (max). I cannur coman turn to Lord in the ring.

What if I keep adding a gold ring to all the fingers every 6 months wink
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 10:55am On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:

Who wants to wife an ex olosho? grin

If she is worth it, she might wanna stick around

wait is the research on her or something

cos it its a lady am sure your finding will be zero grin
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by wordbank(m): 10:57am On Jun 06, 2017
robosky02:

10 years?

you don mean it, and how long will the marriage now have left if 10 years is for engagement?

in short that is marriage grin
Guy marriage is for life oo
Looking at things ill live above 150yrs so do d math
Infact it's 20yrs I'm considering
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 10:59am On Jun 06, 2017
wordbank:

Guy marriage is for life oo
Looking at things ill live above 150yrs so do d math
Infact it's 20yrs I'm considering

forget your own na hire purchase grin

1 Like

Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 06, 2017
2months is enough time when I find the right person smiley
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Papiikush: 11:02am On Jun 06, 2017
robosky02:

wait is the research on her or something

cos it its a lady am sure your finding will be zero grin

Bro I have to do all kinds of research both physical, spiritual, mental, educational even her womb sef shocked
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 11:06am On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:

Bro I have to do all kinds of research both physical, spiritual, mental, educational even her womb sef shocked

only a desperate lady will be your specimen if you continue like this. and imaging saying she's not good enough at the end.

I cant explain the kind of "sorry" that awaits you grin
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 11:06am On Jun 06, 2017
24sqm:
2months is enough time when I find the right person smiley

that may be tooo short

don't you think so?
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by NairalandCS(m): 11:09am On Jun 06, 2017
Anything wey pass 1 year na marriage. Kapish!
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by newyorks(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2017
there is no specific period/time after engagement.
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Papiikush: 11:10am On Jun 06, 2017
robosky02:

only a desperate lady will be your specimen if you continue like this. and imaging saying she's not good enough at the end.

I cant explain the kind of "sorry" that awaits you grin
Like I said bro, if she is worth it.

She's got to earn me... What if she is a dummy? Or possessed with a demon? What if she has got some disabilities I can't live with? What if she's got no womb due excess abortions? Can't manage a woman for the rest of my life

1 Like

Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:13am On Jun 06, 2017
robosky02:

that may be tooo short

don't you think so?
it's not my brother, we are talking about engagement here, if you ain't sure then why engage the innocent lady in the first place?
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Oyindidi(f): 11:15am On Jun 06, 2017
A year is okay
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by JacksonD7: 11:19am On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:

Like I said bro, if she is worth it.

She's got to earn me... What if she is a dummy? Or possessed with a demon? What if she has got some disabilities I can't live with? What if she's got no womb due excess abortions? Can't manage a woman for the rest of my life

I concur with your stance. With the quality of women we have these days, a sane man must take the time to do proper research on any lady he wants to get into a long term relationship with.
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 11:22am On Jun 06, 2017
24sqm:
it's not my brother, we are talking about engagement here, if you ain't sure then why engage the innocent lady in the first place?

so what your definition of engagement?
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Papiikush: 11:22am On Jun 06, 2017
JacksonD7:

I concur with your stance. With the quality of women we have these days, a sane man must take the time to do proper research on any lady he wants to get into a long term relationship with.
This is a life time relationship oh cheesy
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 06, 2017
robosky02:

so what your definition of engagement?
a way of showing your intentions towards marrying someone or promising to marry a woman. I know it comes with a period of time which has to be determined by both parties, the man most times.
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 11:35am On Jun 06, 2017
JacksonD7:

this "research" what exactly is the intention and what do you want to find out?
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Evestar200(f): 1:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
3 months
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by JacksonD7: 3:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
robosky02:

this "research" what exactly is the intention and what do you want to find out?

Marriage is a lifelong commitment, and you've got to do it with a quality woman. The purpose of the "research" is to find out if a woman meets your standards.

It takes time to know the details, which is why guys take their time. The article below will give you an idea of the kind of things men look for.

https://boldanddetermined.com/pick-the-right-wife/
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by robosky02(m): 3:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
JacksonD7:

Marriage is a lifelong commitment, and you've got to do it with a quality woman. The purpose of the "research" is to find out if a woman meets your standards.

It takes time to know the details, which is why guys take their time. The article below will give you an idea of the kind of things men look for.

https://boldanddetermined.com/pick-the-right-wife/

so you need 10 years to do this simple research?

or if she pretends and you only find out n the tenth year

will you talk another ten years?
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Lionessza(f): 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
It would depend on how long we've dated before the engagement. If we had been dating for some years then I wouldnt take long to marry the guy , probably a few months. But if it's a new relationship, nope ! I wouldn't marry a guy I have known for less than a year , I need time to know someone especially for something this serious.
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by jakandeola(m): 4:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
Lionessza:
It would depend on how long we've dated before the engagement. If we had been dating for some years then I wouldnt take long to marry the guy , probably a few months. But if it's a new relationship, nope ! I wouldn't marry a guy I have known for less than a year , I need time to know someone especially for something this serious.
but u will sex him
Re: How Long Would You Want To Be Engaged Before Marriage? by Lionessza(f): 4:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
jakandeola:
but u will sex him

I'm no virgin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Attracts Guys To Babes / 5 Strange Reasons Some Men Want A Full House Wife - Bamisepeter's Blog / My Ex Girlfriend Still Want To Have A Relationship With My Family After Leaving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.