Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,313 members, 7,839,506 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? (10856 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? / Marriages: Why Most Couples Don’t Sleep In The Same Bedroom! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by idifu(m): 9:55am On Jan 23, 2010
it's a must we share same bedroom
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Moranike: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2010
i'll alwayz sleep in the same bedroom with my wife, since we're married together, i don't see anything wrong with dat.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by twinskenny(m): 11:10am On Jan 23, 2010
Moranike:

i'll alwayz sleep in the same bedroom with my wife, since we're married together, i don't see anything wrong with dat.

you are right man,

for some its an excuse for them so that they can go and sleep in the maids room lol
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by sammyavu: 12:01pm On Jan 23, 2010
guys, the day man pikin marry that day privacy is out from Ur mind cos both of u we do things as one,as for me i prefer her to have her room but in the night we both sleep in the same Bedroom,cos that is the holy time both u we have time gist about life and others things in general.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by MrCartha: 12:47pm On Jan 23, 2010
If u have poligamy in your brain, take dis useless topic off the line!!!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2010
My wife will definitely have her own room where she can keep her plenty of stuffs - talk of cloths, big standing mirrors, bags of used and unused shoes, make ups, and all worth not the women folks will like to brandish around haplessly. But next to or adjoining her room will be mine own room where both of us will always sleep on the same bed all nite. I have seen that in many peaceful families and homes, It works really good that way!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Nestoville(m): 1:45pm On Jan 23, 2010
As much as I like to have my own room or let me say my only sanctuary, that will have to be sacrificed in a union else why have a union? Man and wife should share the same room. You can have a private study or drawing room whatever, but 1 bedroom with your wife is best. Its biblical too.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by lezuya(m): 3:38pm On Jan 23, 2010
YOU 2 must share the bed and share the bedroom.Don't you know that 2 have become one?
Go find out what true love really means,ok?
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tmubee(m): 7:42pm On Jan 23, 2010
Hello, Everyone. I'm new here and this one topic quickly caught my eye so I'll comment before I explore the rest of the site. My thought is, "What is so hard about it? As for me, whenever I get married, she'll have her own room. Her stuff and all the makings of female existence will be in that room. Anytme we desire closeness - as will be very often - my room is her room. But her shoes, her bags, her make-up and all those other things will remain in hers. And now, seriously speaking, I think the 21st century is loaded with wrong priorities. I haven't heard people vehemently arguing why the modern human being is more dim-witted, obese, given to suicidal habits, unfit, lazy, unwilling to use the brain even though we are erroneously called 'Homo Sapiens'. Thank you."
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Franpharm(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2010
Diff room after 10yrs of marriage.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by shooze: 7:51pm On Jan 23, 2010
I must share a room oh . There is nothing like waking up in the morning and feeling his "something" and you just roll over and have one for the road grin grin
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by MrCartha: 8:15pm On Jan 23, 2010
Franpharm:

Diff room after 10yrs of marriage.

Does dis mean an after she's expired shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by MrCartha: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2010
shooze:

I must share a room oh . There is nothing like waking up in the morning and feeling his "something" and you just roll over and have one for the road grin grin

Na correct guy u be grin grin grin
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by shooze: 8:29pm On Jan 23, 2010
i be woman oh
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by mamagee3(f): 10:35pm On Jan 23, 2010
It all depends if the woman snores and nags all the time.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Tsiya(m): 12:12am On Jan 24, 2010
Bed sharing 'drains men's brains'
Image of a couple sleeping
Bed sharing disturbed sleep quality
Sharing a bed with someone could temporarily reduce your brain power - at least if you are a man - Austrian scientists suggest.

When men spend the night with a bed mate their sleep is disturbed, whether they make love or not, and this impairs their mental ability the next day.

The lack of sleep also increases a man's stress hormone levels.

According to the New Scientist study, women who share a bed fare better because they sleep more deeply.

Sleepless nights

Professor Gerhard Kloesch and colleagues at the University of Vienna studied eight unmarried, childless couples in their 20s.

Each couple was asked to spend 10 nights sleeping together and 10 apart while the scientists assessed their rest patterns with questionnaires and wrist activity monitors.

The next day the couples were asked to perform simple cognitive tests and had their stress hormone levels checked.

Sharing the bed space with someone who is making noises and who you have to fight with for the duvet is not sensible
Professor Neil Stanley, a sleep expert at the University of Surrey

Although the men reported they had slept better with a partner, they fared worse in the tests, with their results suggesting they actually had more disturbed sleep.

Both sexes had a more disturbed night's sleep when they shared their bed, Professor Kloesch told a meeting of the Forum of European Neuroscience.

But women apparently managed to sleep more deeply when they did eventually drop off, since they claimed to be more refreshed than their sleep time suggested.

Their stress hormone levels and mental scores did not suffer to the same extent as the men.

But the women still reported that they had the best sleep when they were alone in bed.

Bed sharing also affected dream recall. Women remembered more after sleeping alone and men recalled best after sex.

Separate beds

Dr Neil Stanley, a sleep expert at the University of Surrey, said: "It's not surprising that people are disturbed by sleeping together.

"Historically, we have never been meant to sleep in the same bed as each other. It is a bizarre thing to do.

"Sleep is the most selfish thing you can do and it's vital for good physical and mental health.

"Sharing the bed space with someone who is making noises and who you have to fight with for the duvet is not sensible.

"If you are happy sleeping together that's great, but if not there is no shame in separate beds."

He said there was a suggestion that women are pre-programmed to cope better with broken sleep.

"A lot of life events that women have disturb sleep - bringing up children, the menopause and even the menstrual cycle," he explained.

But Dr Stanley added people did get used to sharing a bed.

"If they have shared their bed with their partner for a long time they miss them and that will disturb sleep."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/5197440.stm
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by MsTom(f): 1:34pm On Jan 24, 2010
It can be a pain in the neck to share a bedroom ( imagine his clothes all over the floor or keeping you up cos of his snores) but then you learn love, patience, endurance, longsuffering etc., characters needed for a good marriage
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by MAURI: 1:42pm On Jan 24, 2010
@Wrex

I don't really support it.I prefer having my own room to myself because i am a kind of person that needs privacy all the time.

You need privacy all the time? from your partner/wife? Not even sometime, but all the time? What have you got to hide? Are you into rituals?  cheesy
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by sweetpie23: 2:24pm On Jan 24, 2010
if not with his wife whoelse
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:41pm On Jan 24, 2010
Deep Soul:

If his room is large enough to accomodate all my clothes, shoes, bags, books, belts, jewellry, errrm what else?

Well, if his room has enough space for my plenty "ngwongwo", no wahala.

But if not, I would request for a special room to keep majority of my stuff. To avoid wahala, the said room must not have a bed nor a tv (I cld sleep off there). This room wld strictly be a closet and a library. I will retire EVERY NIGHT to the action room of course!

I'd like to be woken up with a kiss every morning.
I'd like to cuddle after "intimacy" so if we have separate rooms, he'd just "do" and go?? Am I a love-peddler?

And finally, I love to sleep in cold rooms so who wld cuddle me when it gets really cold?

RETIRING EVERY NIGHT to the "action room" ! Mba nu ! U ll kill me sooner than the time God has planned for me. U must stay in your own room o with your 'ngwongwo' , biko.The action wouldnt be every night, Besides it will be more fun each time we come together for the action.I never said u were a love_peddler,action nights would be exceptional nights where i could grant u a permit to stay for the whole night.This way i wouldnt get tired of u quickly. Dont u think so ?
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Rooneyboy(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2010
mama-gee:

It all depends if the woman snores and nags all the time.
just like u , the last time u passed the night in my house it was HELL for me. That is the reason y i refused u last week when u told me u wanted to come again. I cant even envisage marrying u , let alone sleeping on the same bed .
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Pataki: 3:14pm On Jan 24, 2010
No. Everytime I have slept with a woman, they all have this wicked way of waking one up at he dead of the night. . . . .all for no reason whatsoever!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by dani1luv: 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2010
As far as she's ur so called "WIfe" I dont see anything bad 4 a wife share same bedroom with her husband . .as long as there's no sleeping out late tongue undecided undecided
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Masteroid: 8:00pm On Jan 24, 2010
It is not compulsory but imho its better. If you have a big house you can have separate rooms for privacy when not sleeping and the nights you fight. but i think its better if the Husband and wife share the same room most of the time.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by deluxecad(m): 12:05pm On Jan 25, 2010
Does that mean that I'll be stripped of all rights to some privacy when I marry? I wonder o! Me thinks not.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Amjustme: 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2010
it suprises me that a guy is asking this question o! if women ask dis one now guys wld say they have started their women liberation rally.

sha in response 2 topic, GOD said in marriage the man n woman are one. Can u sleep with your head in one room and your neck in the other room? That shld answer ur question.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tmubee(m): 2:02pm On Jan 25, 2010
Many, many things being said here, the most hilarious being the bible people quoting what God said as if they attended the same primary school. I think God should be left out of it, especially that fallacious hooey about being one and the head and neck claptrap. If you can share a room, fine. If, like me, you qualify that sharing, then it's all good. But leave God out of this one.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 3:45pm On Jan 25, 2010
tmubee:

Many, many things being said here, the most hilarious being the bible people quoting what God said as if they attended the same primary school. I think God should be left out of it, especially that fallacious hooey about being one and the head and neck claptrap. If you can share a room, fine. If, like me, you qualify that sharing, then it's all good. But leave God out of this one.

Leave God out of anything and that thing seize to exist.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Amjustme: 4:04pm On Jan 25, 2010
Well am sorry i cant leave GOD on this matter. Check it everywhere GOD instsituted marriage and for marriage to truly work its GOD! If the post said a man/woman share d same room i wld conquer wit u but d poster said man and wife d same way d bible puts it. I will say sorry again.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 4:07pm On Jan 25, 2010
Am just me:

Well am sorry i cant leave GOD on this matter. Check it everywhere GOD instsituted marriage and for marriage to truly work its GOD! If the post said a man/woman share d same room i wld conquer wit u but d poster said man and wife d same way d bible puts it. I will say sorry again.

Well said, it is like saying you have to leave out the manual of a car and you wanna fix the car.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Oscarsmart(m): 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2010
A must for every couple!!!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Jan 25, 2010
Oscarsmart:

A must for every couple!!!

Seconded

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Is More Important To You As A Man. Your Wife Or Business/work? / Ovulation And Pregnancy / 62 Years Old Woman Marries 9 Years Old School Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.