Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,426 members, 7,853,846 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:06 AM

Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? (10880 Views)

The Law, The Husband, The Wife Or The Man, Who Is To Blame For This? (snapshots) / Can You Afford To Share The Same Bedroom With Your Partner? / Marriages: Why Most Couples Don’t Sleep In The Same Bedroom! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Yoighaman(m): 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2010
I'd have my bedroom while my wife would have hers when i get married.

If she chooses, she could sleep in my room every nite but i need my privacy as well.

Yes, she's my wife n i love her but common, we need to do what'll work for us irrespective of societal norms or tradition
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 6:15pm On Jan 25, 2010
Yoighaman:

I'd have my bedroom while my wife would have hers when i get married.

If she chooses, she could sleep in my room every nite but i need my privacy as well.

Yes, she's my wife n i love her but common, we need to do what'll work for us irrespective of societal norms or tradition

What kinda space would you need after you have married.
if you need space and privacy, go out and chill and come back and sleep beside her . . . .privacy and marriage? i am sure you will soon line up on the other side in Las Vegas
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by sead(f): 11:25pm On Jan 25, 2010
Its good 4 couples 2 sleep in d same.it not only brings dem together but it also help 2 settle disputes.if a coupl hav a misunderstandin nd they sleep in diff rooms,they wil find it hard 2 settle their disputes but wen in d same they hav no choice than to settle
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Yoighaman(m): 2:05pm On Jan 26, 2010
Fhemmmy:

What kinda space would you need after you have married.
if you need space and privacy, go out and chill and come back and sleep beside her . . . .privacy and marriage? i am sure you will soon line up on the other side in Las Vegas

Does this imply that marriage dispels privacy?

-I love late night study but she hates being disturbed at night; must i go to the study all the time 'cos my wife wants to sleep?
-I'm a 'shallow sleeper' and gets disturbed by any slight movement but oh! She snores at night
-I light things being properly arrange but she's a bit care-free about stuffs
-I'm not a TV person as such but she has the time-schedule for all TV programmes on her finger-tips
-I love very cold atmosphere but she catches cold easily
-I listen to music before I sleep but she detests ‘noise’ at night
-I cannot sleep with the lights on but she likes bright lights at night

I could go on and on and on.

Who is meant to compromise on the dislikes? my wife? me?

I’d rather be in a separate room, please.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tmubee(m): 3:56pm On Jan 26, 2010
Yoighaman, you said it almost the way I'd say it. I mean I watch little TV, read a great deal, dream and practice on becoming superman, sleep with lights OFF, I'm very organised. There'll be no compromise. Forget the 21st century stupidity and bible-induced deception; there's every reason, if you desire it, to avoid sharing a room on a permanent basis. Marriage is about two people who should at certain times accord each other the kind of complete respect reserved for strangers. Nice one, sir. That's my take.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 5:35pm On Jan 26, 2010
Yoighaman:

Does this imply that marriage dispels privacy?

-I love late night study but she hates being disturbed at night; must i go to the study all the time 'cos my wife wants to sleep?
-I'm a 'shallow sleeper' and gets disturbed by any slight movement but oh! She snores at night
-I light things being properly arrange but she's a bit care-free about stuffs
-I'm not a TV person as such but she has the time-schedule for all TV programmes on her finger-tips
-I love very cold atmosphere but she catches cold easily
-I listen to music before I sleep but she detests ‘noise’ at night
-I cannot sleep with the lights on but she likes bright lights at night

I could go on and on and on.

Who is meant to compromise on the dislikes? my wife? me?

I’d rather be in a separate room, please.

There is nothing wrong with all those things you have said.
However, that is not enough to have a separate rooms.
You could do all those things and when you wanna have your shallow sleep, you go to same bed where your wife is lying down and sleep.
BTW . . . i was just kinda laffing at your definition of an Honorable man.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tmubee(m): 8:26pm On Jan 26, 2010
No, no, no for me. Share the bed and that's all for me. All other parts of your life stay in your own room. Period!!!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 5:28pm On Jan 27, 2010
tmubee:

No, no, no for me. Share the bed and that's all for me. All other parts of your life stay in your own room. Period!!!

Na wa oh
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tmubee(m): 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2010
Don't get me wrong o! I have a way with women when they come into my life. But living in a room with her is a no-no. She has to have her own room and we can share most of our intimate lives in the same room.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 7:52pm On Jan 27, 2010
tmubee:

Don't get me wrong o! I have a way with women when they come into my life. But living in a room with her is a no-no. She has to have her own room and we can share most of our intimate lives in the same room.

I am not sure you really wanna settle down.
Gone are those days when women will settle for such, but then, i am sure some desperado wont mind
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tmubee(m): 8:17pm On Jan 27, 2010
What days are you referring to? They'll settle for such when I provide the alternative room for her. Modernity will not make me pander to every 'modern' whim. It may seem like such an issue but, believe me, it is not. She'll know this before she even thinks about settling down with me. No yawa!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by deluxecad(m): 11:15am On Jan 28, 2010
@tmubee: I completely subscribe to your views my dear. My room to me, I no need scatter scatter. Lol.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by tmubee(m): 3:19pm On Jan 28, 2010
@deluxecad, thanks for the back up. I knew I wasn't alone. See, there are no right or wrong answers in this matter. To think that I'll go with the crowd in everything is not for me. I started thinking unlike the crowd by the time I was 10 years old. Happiness is when both work out their lives in the way that's comfortable for THEM. I like the way I tidy and orientate my room space; I won't abdicate on that responsibility. Rule your world!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by deluxecad(m): 4:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
tmubee:

@deluxecad, thanks for the back up. I knew I wasn't alone. See, there are no right or wrong answers in this matter. To think that I'll go with the crowd in everything is not for me. I started thinking unlike the crowd by the time I was 10 years old. Happiness is when both work out their lives in the way that's comfortable for THEM. I like the way I tidy and orientate my room space; I won't abdicate on that responsibility. Rule your world!

For real man!
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 6:01pm On Jan 28, 2010
I am having some makossa laff
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Lorenz1(m): 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2010
My room to me, I no need scatter scatter. Marry scatter scatter wife and av scatter scatter room.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 2:46pm On Feb 01, 2010
Lo-renz:

My room to me, I no need scatter scatter. Marry scatter scatter wife and av scatter scatter room.
So why would u wanna marry a scatter woman for a wife, only a scatter man would recognize one too
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by deluxecad(m): 7:24pm On Feb 01, 2010
Women throw things around naturally, I'm not down for dat.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Fhemmmy: 10:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
deluxecad:

Women throw things around naturally, I'm not down for dat.

I really wonder the kinda women you have dated, cos i think men does that more than the women, a man will leave his shoes anyhow and throw his socks anywhere, while a woman wanna arrange after him.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by deluxecad(m): 1:17am On Feb 18, 2010
sead:

Its good 4 couples 2 sleep in d same.it not only brings dem together but it also help 2 settle disputes.if a coupl hav a misunderstandin nd they sleep in diff rooms,they wil find it hard 2 settle their disputes but wen in d same they hav no choice than to settle

So if you dont sleep in d same room you cant have issues settled? We wont sleep with issues unsettled, every issue must be settled there and then.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 12:36pm On Feb 18, 2010
[size=13pt]Not really compossory. . . . but matters in most cases. wink[/size]
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by wales(m): 12:02pm On Feb 25, 2010
Yes he must grin grin grin
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by mylove4him(f): 12:56pm On Feb 25, 2010
It is good and natural for a husband and wife to share room, it breeds intimacy in marriage.Despite that, I will still have my own room to scatter as I want since am on care free side and my fiance is the one that arrange.So I have always told him I would like to have my own room for my things while we share the same bed every night.
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:34pm On Feb 25, 2010
shocked shocked shocked
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by deluxecad(m): 2:16pm On Feb 25, 2010
Ogaga4Luv:

shocked shocked shocked

WHY ARE YOU SHOCKED?
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
[size=13pt]I've only shined my eyes well well. . . . wink[/size]
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by TOPE20001(f): 3:38pm On Feb 25, 2010
Is this a joke question? Lol, my husband not sleep with me in the same room? I laff in hindi. Altho i have notice this trend is common with naija guys living in naija but i think its madness. So when he want sex, he wud come to my room and he is done, he will go back to his room? I might as well be a sex-slave abi? i dont knw abt anybody else i loff my being cuddled n held by my partner in bed, its the best feeling in the world. It makes u feel SAFE. Lmao
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 5:20pm On Feb 25, 2010
grin grin grin thats funny. . . . . . ooh i mean ''Funky''wink
Re: Must A Man Share The Same Bedroom With The Wife? by aieromon(m): 8:52pm On Feb 25, 2010
If you can't share the same bedroom,how'd you manage to live in the same apartment
Incompatibility excuse is crap undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Subscribe To IROKOTV For #3000 For One Year Plan / How Often Do You Talk To Your Parents? / 62 Years Old Woman Marries 9 Years Old School Boy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.