Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,542 members, 7,816,316 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? (28580 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / Recession!!!!! How Does It Affect Information Technology Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by NairalandSARS: 7:58am On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:
. . Na Sapele, Delta State Nigeria
Dude be nice...
©NAIRALANDSARS
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by NairalandSARS: 8:07am On Jun 07, 2017
Scantee2:

If all you make is 200k in a month guy ur really broke, because I can make that highest in two days.

Lol life na stages.....some people annual salary is somebody weekly tithe. Chai chai

Mod why was i banned? I can't remember commiting any offence and I have never been banned since joining Nairaland.

Unban "SCANTEE"

CC seun

Oga mi I hail. Abeg show me the way.
I am really interested in learning some software& web designing/developing skills to support myself as a student, but money is an obstacle. I am really fast learner tho.
Abeg you fit support me small? I will be very grateful sir.

©NAIRALANDSARS
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by AreaFada2: 8:21am On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:

Na Sapele, Delta State Nigeria
You guys can team up to send the younger ones, like two, to sign agreement to learn hairdressing & fashion design for just two years. The rest will support them in that period.

If others wish to, they can learn same trade from the two once they are through. Or the two can now support one or two more to go to higher institution.

Lifting oneself up is a gradual thing. Like a 5 to 10 years plan.

A fashion designer or hairdresser will make far more money and have more independence than a low pay worker.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by MaziOmenuko: 8:27am On Jun 07, 2017
XaintJoel20:

Millions of Nigerians that their parents took the pain to send to tertiary institutions, what have they done with the certificate?

The parents tried for giving them basic education. Everybody must not go to tertiary institution.
Thanks

Those peeps that graduated from high institution has what we call 'hope' and 'prospect'; they will keep knocking until a door is opened.

If you don't understand what I just wrote, then you wont understand how it works. Popping 6 kids into the world with no plans of giving them a basic foundation is a crime against humanity; if you are planning to do likewise, better desist and repent.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by akanbiaa(m): 8:28am On Jun 07, 2017
redbeans:
The cost of living in this country is becoming tougher as the days and months go by. As a private school teacher [like myself], 80 percent of employees do not get up to the minimum wage. Yet we supply skilled labour.

Immediately I am paid, I have some fixed bills to settle. This ranges from clothing, food [with sky-rocket prices], accommodation, assistance of relations amongst others. Little or nothing is left after the first week for emergency purposes.

Other workers who earn within this category are also not left out. Those of us in search of financial breakthrough will need some tips on how to 'keep going' from the experts here.
I know a private school that originally pays 30k to graduate in Abuja yet if they like they can deduct 1 week to 2 weeks salary for flimsy excuses or no reason, do the maths.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Exoticstan(m): 9:21am On Jun 07, 2017
slawomir:
The thing is annoying o. Benin City is even manageable.wetin man piking go do na.
Am just managing Uniben job for now unto say na Federal And there is room for improvement and promotion. Because every Uniben staff is a potential Dean, prof, registra and whatever. Only if you can exercise patient and get a degree And other qualifications as the years roll by
Am using ssce for the job and the monthly pay is Forty thousand naira. Am running a part time program. Computer science.
The good thing is that there is no delay in salary. That is what am looking up to sometimes when am tired of the job.
During Jonathan administration we receive salary on the 22nd of every month and Buhari pays on the 25th of every month. .
I nor dey even send woman matter. Although I get distracted sometimes from all these beautiful Uniben girls but I manage to keep my head straight make the money nor go finish. When it comes to transport I patronize Uniben shuttle all the time just to save money.
I know one day my huzzle will pay and I will become big. But for now I must do away with these four things like pride, anger, greediness and the lust or desire for women because my grandfather says those four things prevent a man from being successful
I so much love this. Very clearly, the two of us have a lot in common. Your last four points got me. I'm a 4th year Uniben student. I am also very enterprising. I don't mind spending time with you once in a while.

Most people I gist with are not positive minded. Thanks for sharing.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by prinxmax(m): 10:35am On Jun 07, 2017
Challenges facing Nigeria is to eradicate poverty and attain food security, agricultural competitiveness, and the sustainable management of the environment through accelerated commercialization and investment in Nigeria’s agriculture. The approach is to rely on market-oriented agriculture that relies primarily on the private sector for the needed investment and commercialization of agriculture". (IITA). The goal of our company - Green Nation and Value Chain Services Ltd is to provide solutions to two major challenges facing Farming in Nigeria: Accurate Knowledge, and Finance. Our product is the provision of Educational packages, on hand Training, Exposure to real farms around the country and abroad to mobilise a large number of our people to pursue careers in Farming, and in the building of Agric value chain factories in Nigeria.
It is important to mention that this will impact increased application of agricultural technology, creation of businesses and jobs, and improvement in the quality of rural life.

Join our team to build your dream in agriculture and exposure to trainings, consultation and finance to start your agro business.

Whatsap or call
+2347032618349
https:///5skvrbYL1rU7UKiEOh8nOY

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 11:01am On Jun 07, 2017
prinxmax:
Challenges facing Nigeria is to eradicate poverty and attain food security, agricultural competitiveness, and the sustainable management of the environment through accelerated commercialization and investment in Nigeria’s agriculture. The approach is to rely on market-oriented agriculture that relies primarily on the private sector for the needed investment and commercialization of agriculture". (IITA). The goal of our company - Green Nation and Value Chain Services Ltd is to provide solutions to two major challenges facing Farming in Nigeria: Accurate Knowledge, and Finance. Our product is the provision of Educational packages, on hand Training, Exposure to real farms around the country and abroad to mobilise a large number of our people to pursue careers in Farming, and in the building of Agric value chain factories in Nigeria.
It is important to mention that this will impact increased application of agricultural technology, creation of businesses and jobs, and improvement in the quality of rural life.

Join our team to build your dream in agriculture and exposure to trainings, consultation and finance to start your agro business.

Whatsap or call
+2347032618349
https:///5skvrbYL1rU7UKiEOh8nOY
@nijaomegacode, come and see an opportunity that matches your C.V
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by nkemjacob2(m): 11:15am On Jun 07, 2017
Na 15k i dey receive. How i take dey survive na God no. Next time make una vote buhari 2019
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by egopersonified(f): 11:17am On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:

It's just a boutique job that is why, she is a sales girl. u know since we lost our dad none of us is even able to learn an hand work, because the hunger that will wire that person if he trys such. Is still doing press up

Please tell her to look for another job, ask her to check other shops, she might even get one very close to her house that pays more. Tell her you are giving her only this month to make an upgrade to at least 10k and July to December to upgrade to 15k to 20k. She should even go to shops that are not advertising for sales people and drop an application with a phone number stated in it. What is 5,500 for God's sake, even if she is just coming to open the shop and sweep, it is too small. As she is going to work, church, to buy things, etc, she should look out for jobs and keep her ears and eyes open. If you expect little, you will get little, if you expect more, you will get more.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Kith: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:
Naaaa wa ooo, it's not been easy ooo.
My kid sister is being paid 5500 where she works.
Although she don't have bill's she only contributes when it's time to pay light bill's. And also she uses the money to cater for her feeding montly. Am still amazed how she is managing the money to feed her self for a whole good one month.
She dey try i swear. If Na me i nor go fit ooo because i like food well well ooo, only two wks i dun wipebam finish

u be realy blind angel O somebody is paying her extra na
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by feelgoodInc: 11:28am On Jun 07, 2017
budget budget budget.
get a budget.
buy things in bulk.
get a side biz

for all those hating their parents for not helping them, there's an old saying that says; If your father no do am for you, then do am for your pikin na
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 07, 2017
feelgoodInc:
budget budget budget.
get a budget.
buy things in bulk.
get a side biz

for all those hating their parents for not helping them, there's an old saying that says; If your father no do am for you, then do am for your pikin na
exactly. My mum will sometimes rant that she trained herself through school and as such we should sit-up.
I somehow managed to get what I wanted from her. Our future children shouldn't suffer because we did.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by miniziter(m): 11:38am On Jun 07, 2017
Do MMM Dem go say we be mumu say Mavrodi wey no get Central account wan carry money run but you're there settling for a 20k salary that I get as referral from a single person. My brother you need to Holla my watsapp. 08032131364
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by feelgoodInc: 11:43am On Jun 07, 2017
miniziter:
Do MMM Dem go say we be mumu say Mavrodi wey no get Central account wan carry money run but you're there settling for a 20k salary that I get as referral from a single person. My brother you need to Holla my watsapp. 08032131364
lol we are talking about how to manage money and you're talking about mmm as if we weren't alive last year.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by shex202(m): 11:56am On Jun 07, 2017
kolafolabi:
Cut your clothes according to your size
You are wrong bro. It should be "Cut your clothes according to your material" and not Size.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by ItzWonderz(m): 12:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Guys who earn below 70k... How do you cope?

Because it seems like my own salary no dey last 2 weeks!!

Are they chasing me from the village? angry sad

lol,,u neva knw wetin dey sup shocked
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by ItzWonderz(m): 12:36pm On Jun 07, 2017
Papiikush:
If your salary is 70k below, just collect this month's payment and go look for a business to invest in.

70k no fit carry person for one month in this APC regime. Do you know that in a day you can't do without spending at least 1,500 on transportation and feeding? undecided

lol,,we wey we con dey collect less dan 20k,,wetin u want mke we invest on
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by XaintJoel20: 1:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
slawomir:

Bros them dey hardly advert all those kind Federal job o. except you get senior people for inside.
but any how sha. I go let you know if I notice anything at all

Bros I serious oooooooh.
Please don't forget to keep in-touch with me.

Thanks
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by XaintJoel20: 1:06pm On Jun 07, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Those peeps that graduated from high institution has what we call 'hope' and 'prospect'; they will keep knocking until a door is opened.

If you don't understand what I just wrote, then you wont understand how it works. Popping 6 kids into the world with no plans of giving them a basic foundation is a crime against humanity; if you are planning to do likewise, better desist and repent.

I think that's where quite a lot of us miss it. One must not graduate from tertiary institution to have ''Hope and Prospect''.

Giving them education down to secondary level is basic in any standard.

Note: I am not planning to do likewise as I have my dreams and aspirations different from hers.
Thanks...
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by safetyatmaketin(m): 2:58pm On Jun 07, 2017
redbeans:
Cc.. Lalasticlala
. I earned 500.000# in one month.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Gee15: 4:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:

The problem is from my dad, he is the cause of all this. He died 10yrs ago I was in js3 then it took me the grace of God Almighty to even round up with secondary school, but to be sincere also my mom no try at all she didn't even finished secondary school didn't learn an hand work either, anytime am seeing her am always moved to skin her alive, my anger is always on her daily for more than 8years now i have not greeted her nit even for once in those 8years

Come and call my mother your mother then,that your mother was not educated doesn't mean you shouldn't call or greet her,your mother is your mother go back to her ,let her pray for you and all will be well.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Gee15: 4:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
JustCalMeDBoss:
Well I earn less than 23k. I am just existing. Shame has been my name. I am 33 with a B.Sc

Shame is never your name,add a part time job to what you do at the moment ,mind you many people come online to form what they are not just have focus and you will be there .
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 6:37pm On Jun 07, 2017
egopersonified:

Please tell her to look for another job, ask her to check other shops, she might even get one very close to her house that pays more. Tell her you are giving her only this month to make an upgrade to at least 10k and July to December to upgrade to 15k to 20k. She should even go to shops that are not advertising for sales people and drop an application with a phone number stated in it. What is 5,500 for God's sake, even if she is just coming to open the shop and sweep, it is too small. As she is going to work, church, to buy things, etc, she should look out for jobs and keep her ears and eyes open. If you expect little, you will get little, if you expect more, you will get more.
Very funny, do u says 15 - 20k job
Where on earth will u see that in a sales job.
I myself am earning only 9k per month

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 6:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
AreaFada2:

You guys can team up to send the younger ones, like two, to sign agreement to learn hairdressing & fashion design for just two years. The rest will support them in that period.

If others wish to, they can learn same trade from the two once they are through. Or the two can now support one or two more to go to higher institution.

Lifting oneself up is a gradual thing. Like a 5 to 10 years plan.

A fashion designer or hairdresser will make far more money and have more independence than a low pay worker.
Team up?? Lol. U won't understand even though I write 10 pages for u here.
I myself i was learning electrical wiring then until i could no longer beer, i had to quit and go back to my sales work.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by mezebel(f): 6:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
Valkyr:

Which kain business sef u fit start with 50k now wey d cost of everything dn high
high quality aba made designers shoes and sandals and babies second hand wears. 50k will go along way. Owu na bastard.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by egopersonified(f): 6:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:
. . Very funny, do u says 15 - 20k job Where on earth will u see that in a sales job. I myself am earning only 9k per month
I pay my sales girls 12 and 15k
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 7:07pm On Jun 07, 2017
egopersonified:

I pay my sales girls 12 and 15k
Wow, really

You are serious

It's cool though
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by AreaFada2: 8:01pm On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:

Team up?? Lol. U won't understand even though I write 10 pages for u here.
I myself i was learning electrical wiring then until i could no longer beer, i had to quit and go back to my sales work.

Lol.

Why do you think we would not understand? You will be surprised many have been through similar situations.
This is a public forum with many people reading. You never know. Be optimistic sir.

I know people who have got assistance here by talking honestly. Be it jobs or otherwise. grin cheesy
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
AreaFada2:

Lol.

Why do you think we would not understand? You will be surprised many have been through similar situations.
This is a public forum with many people reading. You never know. Be optimistic sir.

I know people who have got assistance here by talking honestly. Be it jobs or otherwise. grin cheesy
Okay, sincerely in our family no body is cooperating everybody is always there for his or her own interest even our last born who is just 10yrs old if not for me i swear he would have been long dead by now because hungry would have killed him by now am the only one who has sorry heart in the family, if i should count another person then i will also call my junior sist, but her own greedyness and stingy ness is also high but she is the only one i can vouch for apart from me.
Not in this life will any of then be eating and call my kid bro to join him / her never. Even though he begged that he is hungry none of them will give him anything out of that food their response is always the food nor go reach me or the food too small, or this pikin too get long throat. For a child that has not eaten since morning.
The only thing that they are even managing and contributing to pay is light bill because it's very cheap and contribution is 100 - 100naira. Ask them let everyone contribute 8 - 8hundred for house rent never. None of them will ever agree to contribute we are owning landlord 2 years plus now because of their greedyness and stingy Ness am even thanking God that the man is a good man if not sorry would have been our name, even my eldest sister has traveled to Italy last month ending on the 29th with out telling anybody she just left like that. It was a very close friend of her that told us she has left for Italy and her number is no longer going. Only God Almighty knows what she is going to do there or who brain washed her. Influenced of bad friends i guess. As am here i never ever believed that am ever going to do a scamming job but am already planning to now, my friends are urging me to come with them to Ghana to be scamming people and get paid by whites am still reasoning it sha i have not made my mind fully but I know I will be going with them very soon, so you see in our house no one gets each other back every one is on his own. When my brother got sick earlier this year and there was no money to took him for treatment he refused tob allow us sell his phone and use the money to take him for treatment. I have to sell my own phone and borrow extra 3900 to add to it before we finally too him for treatment. It's my mum am even sorry for she has grown so lean and thin. Sometimes when I don't have money to buy food for her she will be begging the rest like a small kid and no body will listen to her sometimes if my brother is eating indomie she will go and scrape the pot or eating the little one that fells from the table i just smh for her that day, you see my brother life is not easy that is why everyone needs to hustle hard to make ends meet. But where are the jobs, that is Nigeria for you the little salary we receives always goes to feeding nothing else just feeding and feeding alone and i guess that is what makes everyone of them are so greedy because things are so expensive now any thing u buys now u have to spend double unlike before that things are cheap, i always makes sure my garri is standby when it's available I don't have any problem because at least there is always something to eat when it finishes and i don't have money, that one ni dem dey call suicide mission. In all in all as the saying goes no condition is permanent, because change is constant and i believe that everything is going to be okay one day. So far God still exists
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Eleganza33(f): 10:14pm On Jun 07, 2017
Omg, dnt u piple av relatives.which state u dey reside?
BlindAngel:

Okay, sincerely in our family no body is cooperating everybody is always there for his or her own interest even our last born who is just 10yrs old if not for me i swear he would have been long dead by now because hungry would have killed him by now am the only one who has sorry heart in the family, if i should count another person then i will also call my junior sist, but her own greedyness and stingy ness is also high but she is the only one i can vouch for apart from me.
Not in this life will any of then be eating and call my kid bro to join him / her never. Even though he begged that he is hungry none of them will give him anything out of that food their response is always the food nor go reach me or the food too small, or this pikin too get long throat. For a child that has not eaten since morning.
The only thing that they are even managing and contributing to pay is light bill because it's very cheap and contribution is 100 - 100naira. Ask them let everyone contribute 8 - 8hundred for house rent never. None of them will ever agree to contribute we are owning landlord 2 years plus now because of their greedyness and stingy Ness am even thanking God that the man is a good man if not sorry would have been our name, even my eldest sister has traveled to Italy last month ending on the 29th with out telling anybody she just left like that. It was a very close friend of her that told us she has left for Italy and her number is no longer going. Only God Almighty knows what she is going to do there or who brain washed her. Influenced of bad friends i guess. As am here i never ever believed that am ever going to do a scamming job but am already planning to now, my friends are urging me to come with them to Ghana to be scamming people and get paid by whites am still reasoning it sha i have not made my mind fully but I know I will be going with them very soon, so you see in our house no one gets each other back every one is on his own. When my brother got sick earlier this year and there was no money to took him for treatment he refused tob allow us sell his phone and use the money to take him for treatment. I have to sell my own phone and borrow extra 3900 to add to it before we finally too him for treatment. It's my mum am even sorry for she has grown so lean and thin. Sometimes when I don't have money to buy food for her she will be begging the rest like a small kid and no body will listen to her sometimes if my brother is eating indomie she will go and scrape the pot or eating the little one that fells from the table i just smh for her that day, you see my brother life is not easy that is why everyone needs to hustle hard to make ends meet. But where are the jobs, that is Nigeria for you the little salary we receives always goes to feeding nothing else just feeding and feeding alone and i guess that is what makes everyone of them are so greedy because things are so expensive now any thing u buys now u have to spend double unlike before that things are cheap, i always makes sure my garri is standby when it's available I don't have any problem because at least there is always something to eat when it finishes and i don't have money, that one ni dem dey call suicide mission. In all in all as the saying goes no condition is permanent, because change is constant and i believe that everything is going to be okay one day. So far God still exists

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / About Schleez Limited / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.