Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,476 members, 7,816,120 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? (28577 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / Recession!!!!! How Does It Affect Information Technology Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
for Wer I dey work for house boy for one PROF house for my side, I steal anything including Maggi just to survive for myself becos he use to pay me 8k every month and I don't complain but I steal even yam I put am for bush so I can carry it later

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Shortyy(f): 7:31pm On Jun 06, 2017
Omotayor123:
k
Lmfaoo smh what's the k for? undecided
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by livinbygrace: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
Your reward is in heaven,my father was retired headmaster and I can never in my life go into teaching.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by adetes: 7:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
This country is getting tougher everyday may Almighty cont to favour us
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Eruditerichy(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
20k as salary? Wen my dog's feeding money in a month is 45k.chai! Dat means u r eating below my dog's standard.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Omotayor123(f): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
Shortyy:
Lmfaoo smh what's the k for? undecided
modified tongue
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Phelixblaq(m): 7:33pm On Jun 06, 2017
Thank God For ponzi schemess!!!.... I for Don pack go village... angry ;D

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Laxy009(m): 7:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ask a serving corp member. It hasn't been easy oooo but we gat God.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by mezebel(f): 7:35pm On Jun 06, 2017
U get twenty day complain,me wey no fit boast of a dime nkor? I dey even find 50k to start biz.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Brooke60(f): 7:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
Papiikush:
If your salary is 70k below, just collect this month's payment and go look for a business to invest in.

70k no fit carry person for one month in this APC regime. Do you know that in a day you can't do without spending at least 1,500 on transportation and feeding? undecided

You are still senseless

6 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by AreaFada2: 7:40pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:
Naaaa wa ooo, it's not been easy ooo.
My kid sister is being paid 5500 where she works.
Although she don't have bill's she only contributes when it's time to pay light bill's. And also she uses the money to cater for her feeding montly. Am still amazed how she is managing the money to feed her self for a whole good one month.
She dey try i swear. If Na me i nor go fit ooo because i like food well well ooo, only two wks i dun wipebam finish

Bolded per day or what? shocked shocked shocked shocked

Haba! The country can't be that bad na.sad

Will the job somehow help build her CV?

If per month, it certainly is a slave wage. Has she any qualification?
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by vani86: 7:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eruditerichy:
20k as salary? Wen my dog's feeding money in a month is 45k.chai! Dat means u r eating below my dog's standard.

Rich man, baba olowo, money man, 45k dog feeding man, eze ego, ori ego. Money na bastard to you. Bleep money, you dey use money shit. Tuale sir.

We don notice you

Bas.tard

44 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
ikbnice:
Low salary earners are more or less beggars these days - it's getting harder by the day
i tell you bro. At times I stoop so low to beg teenagers for succour.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by slawomir: 7:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
ok

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by moses93(m): 7:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
it's very very difficult man, especially here in abuja that almost everything has increased, house rent, foodstuffs and what have you. isn't easy at all man.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by vani86: 7:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
AreaFada2:

I swear, i want ask which kind work she dey do, if its 8 -5pm job.

5,500 damn, its slave labour jare. If she dey road dey fry akara, she will make way more

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by DJEhimond(m): 7:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
Omo, no be only me she. We full ground. Chai!
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
mezebel:
U get twenty day complain,me wey no fit boast of a dime nkor? I dey even find 50k to start biz.
madam, i understand your plight. The Small And Medium scale enterprises that the govt should invest in for its citizen is no longer given attention.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Kulas: 7:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
kolafolabi:
Cut your clothes according to your size

What is the meaning of your comment?. Cut according to what?.
What is somebody that earns 20k in this recession cutting?. Assuming in a state like Lagos, u spent atleast 500 to 600 naira daily on transportation which is arround 10k to 13k monthly. Left with 7k to 10k. Then feeding and others,what shld u cut to manage such an amount.

6 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 7:49pm On Jun 06, 2017
AreaFada2:

All of us in the family are all ssce holders, none has above or below that. We are 6
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wetin concern me, I trek to and from work everyday, pure water 20 naira and bread 50Naira is boo for break fast, which will keep going till 5 pm when I will get home and fix me a hot plate.

I save anything savable, even that tear - tear 20Naira. I take the next turning immediately I notice a Naija girl smiling at me.
Flash me, I flash you, "Please send me credit": I delete your number. Airtel freebasic got me feeling like Donald Trump.
I am living large people! Yes! This is tha life!!!!!!!
ThankGod say N1250 still remain for my account.

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by SEEDORF441(m): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
Life is easy in Nigeria when you have money

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by ignis: 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
It is well
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by idris4eva(m): 7:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
DokitaDave:
Let's ask Corps members sad embarassed embarassed
bros I just finished serving o in Ondo to be precise
The #19800 always show every 27th of the month am telling you before the end of the first week in the new month alawee don finish
How I survived serving up till now I still don't know

May God help us

10 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by slawomir: 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
The thing is annoying o. Benin City is even manageable.wetin man piking go do na.
Am just managing Uniben job for now unto say na Federal And there is room for improvement and promotion. Because every Uniben staff is a potential Dean, prof, registra and whatever. Only if you can exercise patient and get a degree And other qualifications as the years roll by
Am using ssce for the job and the monthly pay is Forty thousand naira. Am running a part time program. Computer science.
The good thing is that there is no delay in salary. That is what am looking up to sometimes when am tired of the job.
During Jonathan administration we receive salary on the 22nd of every month and Buhari pays on the 25th of every month. .
I nor dey even send woman matter. Although I get distracted sometimes from all these beautiful Uniben girls but I manage to keep my head straight make the money nor go finish. When it comes to transport I patronize Uniben shuttle all the time just to save money.
I know one day my huzzle will pay and I will become big. But for now I must do away with these four things like pride, anger, greediness and the lust or desire for women because my grandfather says those four things prevent a man from being successful

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Syjibrin(f): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
kolafolabi:
Cut your clothes according to your size
you rather cut
your cloth according to your cloth bro that is the slogan though. If you cut your cloth according to your size what if the cloth is not enough to take care of your size you rather go with the formal because the later is an archaic slogan my take though don't get it twisted

5 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by enomakos(m): 7:52pm On Jun 06, 2017
adetoroamos:
for Wer I dey work for house boy for one PROF house for my side, I steal anything including Maggi just to survive for myself becos he use to pay me 8k every month and I don't complain but I steal even yam I put am for bush so I can carry it later
if you are caught you are on your own

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by ikbnice(m): 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
redbeans:
i tell you bro. At times I stoop so low to beg teenagers for succour.
that's always the case. Salaries only last few days as debt must have piled up. Better to augment the salary or become an entrepreneur
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by idris4eva(m): 7:53pm On Jun 06, 2017
Eruditerichy:
Ori e buru

12 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by MaziOmenuko: 7:56pm On Jun 06, 2017
iamtewwy:
Reccession? Reccession only affect those without brain! I resigned from my 30k job and enterd the streets... I am a keke napep driver naw..i make 5k daily... I give the owner of the machine 2k everyday.. And i go home with 2500 or 3k daily thats after i have eaten 3 square meal oo! 300 for morning 200 afternoon mayb 300 for dinner then i save the 2500/3000. My brother do the calculation...2500×30 days.. How many bankers dey save that money on a monthly basis.... Wat if the keke was my own. Of which i have plans to buy!! Dats abt 130k monthly ..but the graduate in we have this days just want to sit in an imaginary Air condition room!! Sorry na ur name

That's nice, but kekenapep is not for someone who wants to build a career. You retired too early my friend. Try to imagine yourself with a family. Even when you own your own keke napep, 5k per day won't cater for your family. Unless you want to propagate the suffering to your unborn children.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 06, 2017
If you can plan well, then you can cope

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

All of us in the family are all ssce holders, none has above or below that. We are 6
keep pushing on dear. I remember once earning 5k in a month. If your sister is good in home lesson, let her add it to her current job. We have to keep 'kicking' some how.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pregnant Unmarried Policewoman: Ekiti AG Drags IGP, Others To Court / Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / About Schleez Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.