Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? (28582 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / Recession!!!!! How Does It Affect Information Technology Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by abbadsinger: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
redbeans:
The cost of living in this country is becoming tougher as the days and months go by. As a private school teacher [like myself], 80 percent of employees do not get up to the minimum wage. Yet we supply skilled labour.

Immediately I am paid, I have some fixed bills to settle. This ranges from clothing, food [with sky-rocket prices], accommodation, assistance of relations amongst others. Little or nothing is left after the first week for emergency purposes.

Other workers who earn within this category are also not left out. Those of us in search of financial breakthrough will need some tips on how to 'keep going' from the experts here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDMX87tY1Ac
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by MaziOmenuko: 7:59pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

All of us in the family are all ssce holders, none has above or below that. We are 6

Anytime you get the chance, call your mum and dad for a meeting, look them in the eyes and tell them that they no try at all.

They brought 6 of you into this hard country and can't even get one of u above secondary school.

17 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Galacious1: 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:
less than 20k?

I guess you don't pay for accommodation, transport yourself to work, eat out (at least a meal). If you are staying in Lagos, that money may finish on just transportation depending on where u live and work. It may not even afford your rent (annual divided by 12).

Its difficult to survive with anything less than 100k per month; and that's just for the single felas.
Na so
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Ndubuisipaul1: 8:00pm On Jun 06, 2017
iamtewwy:
Reccession? Reccession only affect those without brain! I resigned from my 30k job and enterd the streets... I am a keke napep driver naw..i make 5k daily... I give the owner of the machine 2k everyday.. And i go home with 2500 or 3k daily thats after i have eaten 3 square meal oo! 300 for morning 200 afternoon mayb 300 for dinner then i save the 2500/3000. My brother do the calculation...2500×30 days.. How many bankers dey save that money on a monthly basis.... Wat if the keke was my own. Of which i have plans to buy!! Dats abt 130k monthly ..but the graduate in we have this days just want to sit in an imaginary Air condition room!! Sorry na ur name
bro you lifted my spirit with this comment. but some how you sounded as if everybody have the opportunity that you have but refuse to take advantage of it. please don't see it like that.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Galacious1: 8:03pm On Jun 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Anytime you get the chance, call your mum and dad for a meeting, look them in the eyes and tell them that they no try at all.

They brought 6 of you into this hard country and can't even get one of u above secondary school.
You're not nice mehn smiley

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Aftermath of demonic CHAINge!
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by drceejay(m): 8:05pm On Jun 06, 2017
Recession no Good Oh. How will we continue to Lament. That's Y, I urge to start a business no matter how small, from there u can reach achieve great things.

But If U are interested in making more money and also getting food supplies to U monthly. Then chat me on whatsapp 07036874269.I will show u the secret. It's quite affordable to start(#6510).

This Business is Legit.

Now is time to take action. No more Excuses.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
With MMM and GHWx... I don't fxxkin care about recession... I live comfortably like a Boss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by idris4eva(m): 8:09pm On Jun 06, 2017
I know of someone does an office job and still run level base on laptop at night

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by OlaSpeaker(m): 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
Funny you should ask coppers how they cop with N19800

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by AreaFada2: 8:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
BlindAngel:

All of us in the family are all ssce holders, none has above or below that. We are 6
My dear nobody that attended even only nursery school should get 5.5k. Period.

When we paid a maiguard 20k per month many years ago, I felt it was too little. He got some pecks now & then too. He didn't pay rent, water or light bill. His quarters had similar amenities like bathroom/WC like main house. He even later had a wife & kid conveniently living there.

Well, not too late to further education. Like Open University (NOUN).
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
Phelixblaq:
Thank God For ponzi schemess!!!.... I for Don pack go village... angry ;D
seun

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
MrMystrO:
20,000? Apparently This Question Ain't for me. I don't even Make Less Than 200,000 a month so I guess I'm Good. As For the broke Guys, I Hail o
Your salary is someone's tithe, be humble kiss

23 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by MrMystrO(m): 8:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Piiko:
Your salary is someone's tithe, be humble kiss

Yeah, What if I tell u I'm a pastor, And That amount of tithe is My Side chicks Recharge card Money?? Be smart.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by chinedum13(m): 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:
Guys who earn below 70k... How do you cope?

Because it seems like my own salary no dey last 2 weeks!!

Are they chasing me from the village? angry sad
The fear of recession is the beginning of shocked[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font] shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by triplec93(m): 8:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
iamtewwy:
Reccession? Reccession only affect those without brain! I resigned from my 30k job and enterd the streets... I am a keke napep driver naw..i make 5k daily... I give the owner of the machine 2k everyday.. And i go home with 2500 or 3k daily thats after i have eaten 3 square meal oo! 300 for morning 200 afternoon mayb 300 for dinner then i save the 2500/3000. My brother do the calculation...2500×30 days.. How many bankers dey save that money on a monthly basis.... Wat if the keke was my own. Of which i have plans to buy!! Dats abt 130k monthly ..but the graduate in we have this days just want to sit in an imaginary Air condition room!! Sorry na ur name
Many of u come up here and type this shit, but in reality you live in a slum and could barely feed urself, this so called lucrative keke driving is it only found on the internet and not in reality.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jun 06, 2017
MrMystrO:

Yeah, What if I tell u I'm a pastor, And That amount of tithe is My Side chicks Recharge card Money?? Be smart.
do pastors have side chics cheesy cheesy who knows tho
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by samx4real(m): 8:22pm On Jun 06, 2017
My kwontiri don cast...

God save us ohhh!!!
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jun 06, 2017
triplec93:
Many of u come up here and type this shit, but in reality you live in a slum and could barely feed urself, this so called lucrative keke driving is it only found on the internet and not in reality.
I hear Uber is very lucrative though, it's always good to be investment minded that's the difference between a rich man and a poor man, the rich fear no fall but the poor man is scared of everything and anything. Knowledge and ability to source for money makes the difference. Every super rich man is a debtor

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by EvilMetahuman: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
My people dey suffer o
Our country no good o.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 8:25pm On Jun 06, 2017
AreaFada2:

My dear nobody that attended even only nursery school should get 5.5k. Period.

When we paid a maiguard 20k per month many years ago, I felt it was too little. He got some pecks now & then too. He didn't pay rent, water or light bill. His quarters had similar amenities like bathroom/WC like main house. He even later had a wife & kid conveniently living there.

Well, not too late to further education. Like Open University (NOUN).
It's just a boutique job that is why, she is a sales girl. u know since we lost our dad none of us is even able to learn an hand work, because the hunger that will wire that person if he trys such. Is still doing press up

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by CellTabRepairs: 8:27pm On Jun 06, 2017
Why should you be comfortable earning that continuously? Do something about it!
*START EARLY!It's middle of the year already.Make the next half worthwhile.Get your hands busy - it can make U RAW cash! I mean, VIPs use DHL to send in high end devices for fixing till date! U get what that means? . Learn ! Get " Mobile Phones and Tablets Repairs : A Complete Guide for Beginners and Professionals " ! Guaranteed* Visit Amazon, Barnes & Noble, eBay etc If sitting idle has been good for you so far...CONTINUE. If not, here's an opportunity!

Click signature, View and get it immediately
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by donem: 8:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
adetoroamos:
for Wer I dey work for house boy for one PROF house for my side, I steal anything including Maggi just to survive for myself becos he use to pay me 8k every month and I don't complain but I steal even yam I put am for bush so I can carry it later
This your narration is legendary, God bless your hustle, when you reach your glory, the world would hear your story.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 8:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

The problem is from my dad, he is the cause of all this. He died 10yrs ago I was in js3 then it took me the grace of God Almighty to even round up with secondary school, but to be sincere also my mom no try at all she didn't even finished secondary school didn't learn an hand work either, anytime am seeing her am always moved to skin her alive, my anger is always on her daily for more than 8years now i have not greeted her nit even for once in those 8years

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
redbeans:
keep pushing on dear. I remember once earning 5k in a month. If your sister is good in home lesson, let her add it to her current job. We have to keep 'kicking' some how.
For where she nor good for anything and can't even try and won't dare to learn anything for now, because the kind of hunger that will wire her eh, no body will tell her to go back to her montly 5k work

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by akpamuomenka: 8:39pm On Jun 06, 2017
Omotayor123:
No be only you waka come my sister.
I had to make more withdrawal. i thought I lost some money until I re calculate everything. chai!!

I was given 6 fingers of unripe plantain for #1k, I spit on the ground and walked away. I can't explain to my wife why I couldn't buy the plantain she asked me to buy. I have lost count of people that always come to my shop begging for feeding money.
May God help us.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by ndcide(m): 8:41pm On Jun 06, 2017
iamtewwy:

Keep lying.

Those giving you likes are like you

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by 2shure: 8:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
I earn close to 650k monthly.
I feel poor
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by akpamuomenka: 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2017
adetoroamos:
for Wer I dey work for house boy for one PROF house for my side, I steal anything including Maggi just to survive for myself becos he use to pay me 8k every month and I don't complain but I steal even yam I put am for bush so I can carry it later

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
Expenses

Monthly data expenses 15,000Naira

Meals 1000 Naira daily Minimum -Monthly = 31,000 Naira

Transport, Family, Clothing, Calls

The question is why not retire? why work if you can't earn at least 30k monthly
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by loswhite(m): 8:46pm On Jun 06, 2017
triplec93:
Somebody says I spend 200 for breakfast 300 for launch and 300for dinner and he saves 2500 yet u have time to answer him... wait is it only breakfast launch and dinner you do with your life? I think that would have been the question to ask him

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:47pm On Jun 06, 2017
This thread humble me o..

Over 200k monthly i dey tell God say i want increase...I've been bad managing my past few months...Mehn i'm going to make adjustments...this thread has opened my eyes

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / About Schleez Limited / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.