Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,532 members, 7,816,300 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? - Career (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? (28579 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / Recession!!!!! How Does It Affect Information Technology Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 10:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
Eleganza33:
Omg, dnt u piple av relatives.which state u dey reside?
It's Delta state

Relatives
Hahahaha very funny, although we don't have any of our grand parents but i can tell you that my my dad family / people are very wicked mostly expecially my dad elder brother from same father and mother and his half brother from same father they are so very much more wicked, my mum own are even the worst i have deleted all of them numbers out of my phone i don't want and will never have anything to do with any of them in this life or in the next to come , i will thrive to be successful just to show them that i can do and survive without them. God is in control
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 08, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Anytime you get the chance, call your mum and dad for a meeting, look them in the eyes and tell them that they no try at all.

They brought 6 of you into this hard country and can't even get one of u above secondary school.

You never can tell. Some families can't see beyond their nose (financially) so, it may not be their fault for not getting them above secondary school. My blame should go to the children who grew up and decided not to further.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by iamord(m): 2:07am On Jun 08, 2017
BlindAngel:

Okay, sincerely in our family no body is cooperating everybody is always there for his or her own interest even our last born who is just 10yrs old if not for me i swear he would have been long dead by now because hungry would have killed him by now am the only one who has sorry heart in the family, if i should count another person then i will also call my junior sist, but her own greedyness and stingy ness is also high but she is the only one i can vouch for apart from me.
Not in this life will any of then be eating and call my kid bro to join him / her never. Even though he begged that he is hungry none of them will give him anything out of that food their response is always the food nor go reach me or the food too small, or this pikin too get long throat. For a child that has not eaten since morning.
The only thing that they are even managing and contributing to pay is light bill because it's very cheap and contribution is 100 - 100naira. Ask them let everyone contribute 8 - 8hundred for house rent never. None of them will ever agree to contribute we are owning landlord 2 years plus now because of their greedyness and stingy Ness am even thanking God that the man is a good man if not sorry would have been our name, even my eldest sister has traveled to Italy last month ending on the 29th with out telling anybody she just left like that. It was a very close friend of her that told us she has left for Italy and her number is no longer going. Only God Almighty knows what she is going to do there or who brain washed her. Influenced of bad friends i guess. As am here i never ever believed that am ever going to do a scamming job but am already planning to now, my friends are urging me to come with them to Ghana to be scamming people and get paid by whites am still reasoning it sha i have not made my mind fully but I know I will be going with them very soon, so you see in our house no one gets each other back every one is on his own. When my brother got sick earlier this year and there was no money to took him for treatment he refused tob allow us sell his phone and use the money to take him for treatment. I have to sell my own phone and borrow extra 3900 to add to it before we finally too him for treatment. It's my mum am even sorry for she has grown so lean and thin. Sometimes when I don't have money to buy food for her she will be begging the rest like a small kid and no body will listen to her sometimes if my brother is eating indomie she will go and scrape the pot or eating the little one that fells from the table i just smh for her that day, you see my brother life is not easy that is why everyone needs to hustle hard to make ends meet. But where are the jobs, that is Nigeria for you the little salary we receives always goes to feeding nothing else just feeding and feeding alone and i guess that is what makes everyone of them are so greedy because things are so expensive now any thing u buys now u have to spend double unlike before that things are cheap, i always makes sure my garri is standby when it's available I don't have any problem because at least there is always something to eat when it finishes and i don't have money, that one ni dem dey call suicide mission. In all in all as the saying goes no condition is permanent, because change is constant and i believe that everything is going to be okay one day. So far God still exists
like ....wow! can it get that bad.. this is the height of house hold wickedness bro and you need to fight your way through to prove yourself and stand as a shining light. this level of selfhiness is so dangerous and an affront to any positive energy coming your way.but I tell you you can pass through this. all that stands is you and a decision.. God be with you.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by MaziOmenuko: 4:39am On Jun 08, 2017
Bobugee:

You never can tell. Some families can't see beyond their nose (financially) so, it may not be their fault for not getting them above secondary school. My blame should go to the children who grew up and decided not to further.

Did you read her original post before the one I quoted? She said she earns N5k per month. How would a grown up further her education with a miserly pay of N5k per month?

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by AreaFada2: 6:51am On Jun 08, 2017
BlindAngel:

Okay, sincerely in our family no body is cooperating everybody is always there for his or her own interest even our last born who is just 10yrs old if not for me i swear he would have been long dead by now because hungry would have killed him by now am the only one who has sorry heart in the family, if i should count another person then i will also call my junior sist, but her own greedyness and stingy ness is also high but she is the only one i can vouch for apart from me.
Not in this life will any of then be eating and call my kid bro to join him / her never. Even though he begged that he is hungry none of them will give him anything out of that food their response is always the food nor go reach me or the food too small, or this pikin too get long throat. For a child that has not eaten since morning.
The only thing that they are even managing and contributing to pay is light bill because it's very cheap and contribution is 100 - 100naira. Ask them let everyone contribute 8 - 8hundred for house rent never. None of them will ever agree to contribute we are owning landlord 2 years plus now because of their greedyness and stingy Ness am even thanking God that the man is a good man if not sorry would have been our name, even my eldest sister has traveled to Italy last month ending on the 29th with out telling anybody she just left like that. It was a very close friend of her that told us she has left for Italy and her number is no longer going. Only God Almighty knows what she is going to do there or who brain washed her. Influenced of bad friends i guess. As am here i never ever believed that am ever going to do a scamming job but am already planning to now, my friends are urging me to come with them to Ghana to be scamming people and get paid by whites am still reasoning it sha i have not made my mind fully but I know I will be going with them very soon, so you see in our house no one gets each other back every one is on his own. When my brother got sick earlier this year and there was no money to took him for treatment he refused tob allow us sell his phone and use the money to take him for treatment. I have to sell my own phone and borrow extra 3900 to add to it before we finally too him for treatment. It's my mum am even sorry for she has grown so lean and thin. Sometimes when I don't have money to buy food for her she will be begging the rest like a small kid and no body will listen to her sometimes if my brother is eating indomie she will go and scrape the pot or eating the little one that fells from the table i just smh for her that day, you see my brother life is not easy that is why everyone needs to hustle hard to make ends meet. But where are the jobs, that is Nigeria for you the little salary we receives always goes to feeding nothing else just feeding and feeding alone and i guess that is what makes everyone of them are so greedy because things are so expensive now any thing u buys now u have to spend double unlike before that things are cheap, i always makes sure my garri is standby when it's available I don't have any problem because at least there is always something to eat when it finishes and i don't have money, that one ni dem dey call suicide mission. In all in all as the saying goes no condition is permanent, because change is constant and i believe that everything is going to be okay one day. So far God still exists

Ok many issues here, which I think built up over many years.

Understandably in tough times everybody struggles for own survival. Just survival. Not collective progress.
But no family is perfect. All have one issue or the other.

But even if just your 10 years old baby bro & younger sister, three of you can still get together to manage things together.

United we stand, divided we fall.

As for your sister headed for Europe, pray for her safety, that is all you can do now.

You said you owe two years rent, how much is it altogether? Because I think the landlord is really compassionate to have been so patient.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by maloofx: 11:51am On Jun 08, 2017
My London/UK people, you may want to visit

www.maloofx.com

Not only do I bring you information from the parallel/black market rates across 3 cities (Abuja, Lagos & PH) in Nigeria, I have also gone ahead to show you the comparison of the rates in Nigeria vs London.
The table Labelled London shows the average rate from Peckham/Woolwich.
WITH COMMISSION: What the Dealer would tell you his rate is
WITHOUT COMMISSION: The “True rate” you get for your bucks after removing the Dealers commission
All you need do come to the site and check what you are getting for your hard earned pounds sterling.

Have fun.
Ontario/Canada rate coming soon
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 12:33pm On Jun 08, 2017
AreaFada2:

Ok many issues here, which I think built up over many years.

Understandably in tough times everybody struggles for own survival. Just survival. Not collective progress.
But no family is perfect. All have one issue or the other.

But even if just your 10 years old baby bro & younger sister, three of you can still get together to manage things together.

United we stand, divided we fall.

As for your sister headed for Europe, pray for her safety, that is all you can do now.

You said you owe two years rent, how much is it altogether? Because I think the landlord is really compassionate to have been so patient.

You are a very good man for you to seems so concerned with interest with my family wahala
I have heard what you said, yes you are very correct. United we stand and divided we fall. You have shown me sense and yes I will listen to you, I will make sure my junior sister and my kid bro cooperation with me, that is surely the only way out, may GOD ALMIGHTY bless you richly and abundantly for this advice, you have shown me sence. And as for the landlord
I can't liar to you our landlord is a very good man i swear to God, he is the best human i have ever seen, once he comes and mum told him no money that we have not even seen food to eat he will just complain small and says he don't wants to hear complaints next month and the next thing he is on his way already, same thing is always happening every month. Only downside is his junior brother I don't even knows what that one problems his not that the house is his own but he will carry the matter for head like gala, my only prayer that am always praying to GOD ALMIGHTY daily is to keep the man safe and healthy, because in all my whole years of existence i have never seen any human like that, he is the best. No landlord would condole such. He would have given that tenant quick notice, but our landlord has not treaten such or said such words before.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 12:41pm On Jun 08, 2017
iamord:
like ....wow! can it get that bad.. this is the height of house hold wickedness bro and you need to fight your way through to prove yourself and stand as a shining light. this level of selfhiness is so dangerous and an affront to any positive energy coming your way.but I tell you you can pass through this. all that stands is you and a decision.. God be with you.
Amen and Amen, thank you sir am so very much more greaful for this advice. GOOD ALMIGHTY BLESS YOU

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Valkyr: 7:02pm On Jun 09, 2017
connectpoint:

Okay guys..how about a thread...businesses you can start with 50k and people pour in different ideas to help others..I'm sure there are many great minds here

Open das thread
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Valkyr: 7:04pm On Jun 09, 2017
BlindAngel:

What types of courses sir. Can u please enlighten me sir

Visit www.futurelearn.com and www.alison.com. there are others still
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by jobbers: 7:51pm On Jun 09, 2017
hmmmmm
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by cuppyme: 8:46pm On Jun 09, 2017
@ blindangel pls email me on rakky2911@yahoo.com
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Skappy44(m): 9:38pm On Jun 09, 2017
is only God that can help us for this country
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by dharmillic(f): 1:51am On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by miniziter(m): 6:12am On Jun 19, 2017
feelgoodInc:

lol we are talking about how to manage money and you're talking about mmm as if we weren't alive last year.

What happened last look like a blessing because we that are serious have been able to get it.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 10, 2017
Skappy44:
is only God that can help us for this country
as in eh.. Everything jagajaga
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by chuckky86(m): 9:06am On Aug 11, 2017
MrMystrO:
20,000? Apparently This Question Ain't for me. I don't even Make Less Than 200,000 a month so I guess I'm Good. As For the broke Guys, I Hail o

And you feel 200k monthly ain't broke.smh.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by balarabe01(m): 11:31am On Aug 11, 2017
i read this post and comments with tear-filled hearts.but i think its best you get into something you love doing,be self employed and set your living standards to your incomes.
This is because from experience No matter how much you earn as an employee you cant be fully satisfied except you exercise contentment.True life experience.
please my own opinion no insults.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2017
balarabe01:
i read this post and comments with tear-filled hearts.but i think its best you get into something you love doing,be self employed and set your living standards to your incomes.
This is because from experience No matter how much you earn as an employee you cant be fully satisfied except you exercise contentment.True life experience.
please my own opinion no insults.
hmmm... Nice one. May God help us all

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / About Schleez Limited / Am I Going Too Far On This Decision? I Need An Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.