Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,479 members, 7,816,131 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:10 AM

Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? (28578 Views)

Man Carries 50kg Bag Of Cement With Teeth Upstairs, Wins 100,000 Naira Bet / N-Power Volunteers, How Are You Coping Without March Stipend During Lockdown? / Recession!!!!! How Does It Affect Information Technology Positively (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by mastermaestro(m): 11:37pm On Jun 06, 2017
What a sobering thread! In a pensive mood tonight after reading through the ordeals of many young hardworking Nigerians. Oh LORD, show us mercy in this nation. Our leaders have failed us. cry

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Scantee2(m): 11:42pm On Jun 06, 2017
MrMystrO:
20,000? Apparently This Question Ain't for me. I don't even Make Less Than 200,000 a month so I guess I'm Good. As For the broke Guys, I Hail o

If all you make is 200k in a month guy ur really broke, because I can make that highest in two days.

Lol life na stages.....some people annual salary is somebody weekly tithe. Chai chai

Mod why was i banned? I can't remember commiting any offence and I have never been banned since joining Nairaland.

Unban "SCANTEE"

CC seun
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Sard(m): 11:44pm On Jun 06, 2017
I've learnt a lot on this thread. I'm really humbled to know I'm doing better than many but never realized.
Nigeria is almost doomed; people can't continue this way. Many people will soon reach their breaking points and may be forced to react aggressively.
From this thread, I've seen that several Nigerians live fake lives on social media. it's only a faceless forum like Nairaland that can allow people open up this much.
May God bless everyone's hustle and make Nigeria free from the hands of the oppressors.

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by sunnx(f): 11:51pm On Jun 06, 2017
BiafraBushBoy:

Bet9ja, Clubbing, parties and Data.

lol

Girl friends things also and looking fine by buying designer clothes
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BiafraBushBoy(m): 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
sunnx:

Girl friends things also and looking fine by buying designer clothes

lol.. how you tey know?? lol
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by wadetaw202: 11:58pm On Jun 06, 2017
mezebel:
U get twenty day complain,me wey no fit boast of a dime nkor? I dey even find 50k to start biz.

You better come to Ilorin and let me employ you
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by TonyRoland(m): 12:26am On Jun 07, 2017
redbeans:
70 gini? And you are complaining shocked. Poverty is really a disease. Can you imagine that I felt elated when I saw the meagre sum? sad
bro no mind dat guy dey are really chasing him from his village
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by XaintJoel20: 12:37am On Jun 07, 2017
slawomir:
The thing is annoying o. Benin City is even manageable.wetin man piking go do na.
Am just managing Uniben job for now unto say na Federal And there is room for improvement and promotion. Because every Uniben staff is a potential Dean, prof, registra and whatever. Only if you can exercise patient and get a degree And other qualifications as the years roll by
Am using ssce for the job and the monthly pay is Forty thousand naira. Am running a part time program. Computer science.
The good thing is that there is no delay in salary. That is what am looking up to sometimes when am tired of the job.
During Jonathan administration we receive salary on the 22nd of every month and Buhari pays on the 25th of every month. .
I nor dey even send woman matter. Although I get distracted sometimes from all these beautiful Uniben girls but I manage to keep my head straight make the money nor go finish. When it comes to transport I patronize Uniben shuttle all the time just to save money.
I know one day my huzzle will pay and I will become big. But for now I must do away with these four things like pride, anger, greediness and the lust or desire for women because my grandfather says those four things prevent a man from being successful

Bros you fit alert me wen vacancy dey? I for like manage that kind thing now. Area no soft at all.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by XaintJoel20: 12:43am On Jun 07, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Anytime you get the chance, call your mum and dad for a meeting, look them in the eyes and tell them that they no try at all.

They brought 6 of you into this hard country and can't even get one of u above secondary school.

Millions of Nigerians that their parents took the pain to send to tertiary institutions, what have they done with the certificate?

The parents tried for giving them basic education. Everybody must not go to tertiary institution.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by XaintJoel20: 12:57am On Jun 07, 2017
JustCalMeDBoss:
Well I earn less than 23k. I am just existing. Shame has been my name. I am 33 with a B.Sc

Are you married?
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by XaintJoel20: 12:59am On Jun 07, 2017
connectpoint:

Go and retire immediately......

Why should he?

A bird at hand... You know the rest. I guess?
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by XaintJoel20: 1:06am On Jun 07, 2017
connectpoint:

You can start poultry with 50k...I run my business.If you're on the island and have space, bring 50k... i will meet you in person.. and start your oultry with just 50k...I won't compromise on my ideas.. yes i know one needs vaccinnes, feeds, staffs, feeding etc.. but at a point of desperacy as this recessive economy, one ought to look for out of the box ideas to start... I didnt say to run a poultry, i said to start...and as one starts things expands...shikena

Please can you be of help to me?
I am thinking of going into poultry business...
Thanks...
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 1:22am On Jun 07, 2017
triplec93:
Many of u come up here and type this shit, but in reality you live in a slum and could barely feed urself, this so called lucrative keke driving is it only found on the internet and not in reality.
He is not lying oga, there was a time I drove a Suzuki mini bus from Palm grove to Ladi-lak before the day runs out I make enough to bribe traffic police, pay agbero, buy fuel and eat. At the end of the day I pay deliver 3k and I go home with 3500. Transportation pays is you can face the rigours.
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 1:55am On Jun 07, 2017
I read the thread from 0 to this point, I am humbled, Alhamdulilah! My first job after finishing OND was as a teacher on a salary of #12000, I took the job because my girlfriend was expecting a baby way back October 2015, the school has a shortage of teachers, so, I offered to take two classes for an additional 5k, then an additional 10k when the driver left and what's more he taught me to drive manual foc. Fast forward 2017, I took a whole month salary and used it for Drivers license and lasdri then I got a #40000 driving/ personal assistant job thru naira land. Blindangel, my mum's car is the reason why I have this job today, Iya ni wura, show your mum care and favor will come to you. I am 23yrs, ND computer science with a wife and a son, HND also in view coupled with the will to learn anything, my next job is in the programming field. My advice never stop stop learning, no money or time spent learning is wasted and besides no salary is ever going to be enough for we Nigerians cos human wants are innumerable. Bonne nuit!

3 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Nobody: 2:13am On Jun 07, 2017
Afterthought:
So you want a beer, buy a bottle and drink at home, avoid beer parlour friends, they are worse than keeping your salary in leaking pocket. Same with girls. That Hausa you jokingly learned during PPA might land you your next job, learn like your life depends on it, delete your Instagram( unless you're monetizing yours) discard the fifa app and install free and wonderful MOOCs like edx.org and coursera. Airtel free mode has funzi.mobi on it you get to learn there also. Eat at home, take lunch to work, saves money and healthy meals, buy your groceries in the bulk when you get paid it is cheaper, stop buying impulsively. Go to the market with a list. Learn about computers and pick a field you fit in like graphics or proofreading then join a freelance website do side gigs to augment your pay.

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Adebowale89(m): 3:52am On Jun 07, 2017
I stop looking for job the day my cousin who have been working with bank for good 2yrs and collecting 100k per month keep lamenting

entrepreneurial is a way out in recession or after recession

na uniform job fit make me work with state/fed govt job sef

no time to be fooling myself around with tie and suit

2 Likes

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by MrMystrO(m): 3:54am On Jun 07, 2017
Scantee2:

If all you make is 200k in a month guy ur really broke, because I can make that highest in two days.

Lol life na stages.....some people annual salary is somebody weekly tithe. Chai chai

Mod why was i banned? I can't remember commiting any offence and I have never been banned since joining Nairaland.

Unban "SCANTEE"

CC seun

Lol I said its NOT "Less Than 200,000" and not Actually 200,000. Stop feeling insecure Sir, There's no Need to be if you actually make more Than That.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by MrMystrO(m): 3:57am On Jun 07, 2017
mastermaestro:
What a sobering thread! In a pensive mood tonight after reading through the ordeals of many young hardworking Nigerians. Oh LORD, show us mercy in this nation. Our leaders have failed us. cry

Amen O Namesake!

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 4:34am On Jun 07, 2017
XaintJoel20:

Are you married?
How can that be done with such income
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by maisauki: 4:43am On Jun 07, 2017
Howc can tuwenti taosan b OK? You don't av God and you no get moni, na problem u go get.
NIGERIAN YOUTHS! Go to farm and shame employers...my oga know say e no fit talk trash reach m-i got my biz, i got my farms and above all i got my Lord
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Papertrail11(m): 4:50am On Jun 07, 2017
I pray that every young Nigerian youth out there in this period of recession will make it
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Teawhy2011: 6:22am On Jun 07, 2017
Hummm! 20k salaried- job! For a graduate,how manage?
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by slawomir: 6:32am On Jun 07, 2017
XaintJoel20:

Bros you fit alert me wen vacancy dey? I for like manage that kind thing now. Area no soft at all.
Bros them dey hardly advert all those kind Federal job o. except you get senior people for inside.
but any how sha. I go let you know if I notice anything at all
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by Obas101(m): 7:06am On Jun 07, 2017
nawa o, how una dey take do am? I earn a minimum of 60k in a month and I still end up going broke ending of the month
Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by BlindAngel: 7:16am On Jun 07, 2017
blueseacats:
Go learn web design and maintenance, I know guys who make at least $300 a month as beginners designing website for people online through.

You can't go wrong with air condition repair and services, they never go out of fashion, my friends who do it in Lagos all own their own houses.

You can also learn how to hatch fish, that one is more lucrative but after learning you need money to invest.

Carpentry is a good skill to learn, if you ever find yourself abroad, that skill is recession Proof, you know why? Cause they build almost every house with wood.
Thank u very much for this, God bless u. I think am more interested in the Ac repairs

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by NairalandSARS: 7:33am On Jun 07, 2017
BlindAngel:

The problem is from my dad, he is the cause of all this. He died 10yrs ago I was in js3 then it took me the grace of God Almighty to even round up with secondary school, but to be sincere also my mom no try at all she didn't even finished secondary school didn't learn an hand work either, anytime am seeing her am always moved to skin her alive, my anger is always on her daily for more than 8years now i have not greeted her nit even for once in those 8years

Your father is the problem because he died, really?

NAIRALANDSARS.

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by NairalandSARS: 7:45am On Jun 07, 2017
Joavid:
One very crazy thing is that butchers (meat sellers) make nothing less than 20k in a day.

Those guys are richer than many salary earners.
Not true ma.
Only those that buy and kill cow/goat make that amount.

©NAIRALANDSARS

1 Like

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by sunnx(f): 7:54am On Jun 07, 2017
Hmm! You gal and guys are really talking sense but sometime we tent to be funny and stupid in a splendid way. LESS THAN #20,000 OR #20K wow!

If I tell you that i earn #17,500 per month you wouldn't be surprise with a Bsc Degree as a security in a very big mighty church. Guys, it has never be easy to couple with such token in a city like Lagos and even the pastor in charge of the church refuses to render me help through the big men and women that came to worship there. Instead of the pastor to be praying for me on how to move forward to succeed in life, he would be telling me that he likes the way am handling the church that he is impress. I try to let many members know my plight but no one is there to help even from the alter and am one of the viable workers in the church but no help us coming and these is the church known and respected all over Nigeria and the world.

Well, 17,500 naira, i find it hard to spent within the day i received it as salary ’cos NEPA BILL is there, feeding is there till you receive another salary. Another challenges is also parental problems, Junior one's demands ’cos i still Scot with them.

It has never easy o to cope with less than #20,000 now in Nigeria, so my NL i really need help. I have searched hell of job but to one is coming except thesame security job even WEMA BANK is telling me he want to employ me, pay me 30k with my second class university degree. Truly, i need help.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Recession: How Are You Coping With Less Than 20,000 Naira Salary? by DarkHenrie(m): 7:55am On Jun 07, 2017
Less than 20k? You must be getting support from somewhere, somehow!!! 20k can only do an adult for a month's feeding in Nigeria presently. So you must be getting TP, accommodation, airtime and subscription etc. from somewhere else!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pregnant Unmarried Policewoman: Ekiti AG Drags IGP, Others To Court / Six Ways To De-stress After A Long And Hard Work Week / About Schleez Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.