Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,682 members, 7,816,787 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

"We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege (37275 Views)

Oshiomhole & Wike Meet At Senator Omo-Agege's Thanksgiving In Delta State / Senator Omo-Agege Reacts To Snatching Mace Of National Assembly / Suspended Senator Omo-Agege Thug Runs With The Mace Of Senate (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by leviaka: 1:20pm On Jun 07, 2017
Intrepid01:

you see am....."EVERYBODY HATES IGBO MANTRA"....a lot of damage has been done to you guys mental system..it will take a divine intervention for any correction to occur.
Let me start by saying you have a slave mentality.
Not everyone hates Igbo, I don't know the tribe you are from, ask Askari dokubo or ganiyu Adams or Fredrick faseun and countless others they have no hatred for igbo's we are too different from you we have nothing in common
You can remain in your fruitless union with arewa we want out, but don't think our people in the ss region the anioma's will have anything to do with you

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Amberon11: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
We stand with this man. The funny thing is these Igbos keep deluding themselves. They seem to be in conflict with the reality on ground.
FisifunKododada:
Where is Fraterm.athy sef? Where is Amberon? Where is Sanc.hez?

Abeg make u na show o!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by hardbody: 1:21pm On Jun 07, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Equally guilty.

......of?
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Timbuktuo: 1:23pm On Jun 07, 2017
tooth4tooth:

See as you you ignorantly breed hatred against your writeup undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

What do you mean? That is only a display of bravery. Don't be a unity-begging coward grin.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by EzeUche(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
pazienza:

What do you mean by if they don't speak up?

They have always been speaking and the voice is clearly Igbophobic, one Nigerian and Anti Biafra.

The problem is that our people had either decided to to listen to their voice or had decided to delusionally misinterprete what they are hearing.

Visit Urhobo towns and hear them out.
Or just join Urhobo Facebook pages.

How hard is this?

# Operation Noah's Ark

I don't know much about the Urhobo, because their land does not touch my own.

Am Aro Igbo and I can speak only for my people and the Ibibio.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by pazienza(m): 1:26pm On Jun 07, 2017
oduastates:
Those who refuse to learn the lessons of history are doomed to repeat it.
Perhaps Nnamdi Kalu and his crew should go and read proper books on history starting with the Nigerian/ biafran. And not the distorted IPOB version or the romanticised version from Achebe,Adichie and Co.
I am not even talking about the war. I am talking about the events,politics,attitudes and grievances which led to it.
More than anything, it was the breaking down of the regions into states that was the final straw.
That move by gowon essentially gave in to minority yearnings, they took the oil in present rivers state off the hands of the eastern region.
In other words, it was karma.Chicken coming home to roost. The medicine administered to the western region was applied to the eastern region

What trash are you talking about?

Mid westerners left the Western region through a referendum. The Oba of Bini led the revolt following his ill treatment at the hands of Yorubas, why blame Zik and Igbos for it?
http://www.waado.org/NigerDelta/EthnicHistories/EgharevbaLectures/Fifth-Omoigui.htm

Must you guys blame Ndiigbo and Zik for Awolowo political immaturity that alienated the mid western minorities as well as alienated Akintola, setting the stage for Mid western referendum and power tussle between Awolowo and Akintola?

What's wrong with you guys.

Urhobo was not even part of the Eastern region, so I don't understand the relevance of this post to this thread.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by pazienza(m): 1:27pm On Jun 07, 2017
EzeUche:

I don't know much about the Urhobo, because their land does not touch my own.
Am Aro Igbo and I can speak only for my people and the Ibibio.
Let the Ibibio be. Enough of this Unity begging.
Let them speak for themselves.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by ItsTutsi(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
The way ipods are being reject anyhow

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by LionDeLeo: 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
Igbos:

They say that they know that they are landlocked so they need the land of Kogi and other forcefully attached States to accommodate biafrans currently resident on Nigeria.

But were they landlocked just last week?

So they didn't take the landlocked situation into consideration before the chest beating?

Their excuse is very lame.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by engrpheleeks(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
stephanie11:
Delta central senator, Ovie Omo-Agege has emphatically stated that Urhobo people are not part of Biafra. Omo-Agege in a statement released on Wednesday stated that the Urhobo nation is part of Nigeria and not interested in seceding or being part of Biafra.

The statement read;

With the deluge of concerns being raised by my people, it has become necessary to state with absolute clarity as the Senator for the Urhobo Nation in the 8th Senate of our Federal Republic of Nigeria that the Urhobo Nation has never been, is not and does not wish to be part of Biafra.

Whereas Article 1 (2) of the United Nations Charter recognises the “principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples”, this, obviously, does not grant any group the right to arbitrarily usurp the self-determination right of others. MASSOB, IPOB or whatever ethnic-leaning group may have the right to agitate for self-determination for the people they represent.

But that right would be encroaching and trampling severely and irresponsibly on the rights of other ethnic groups if, without consultations or any consensus whatsoever, they (MASSOB, IPOB or whatever ethnic-leaning group) decide to forcefully include others in their self-determination agenda. The Urhobo Nation totally rejects such unforgivable disrespect that touches on our very existence. Indeed, the unilateral inclusion of the Urhobo Nation in the flag or map of Biafra is an abhorrent, and condemnable threat to our people. It is an unacceptable attempt to suppress our own right to self-determination. We will never tolerate it and it must stop forthwith. We are cautioning against this trend of arbitrariness and disregard for the rights of others because we know that such a ‘conquest mentality’ has never promoted sustainable peace in human history.

The Urhobo Nation believes in the unity of the Nigeria Federation. Our preference, as a major strategic partner in our Federation, is to work hard to correct its imperfections, not to break it up into bits and pieces. I will continue to work with my great and highly respected colleagues of Ndigbo extraction and other parts of our country in the National Assembly to perfect our Union, not break it. In all, this is our simple and firm position: We are Urhobos and Nigerians, not Biafrans.

http://politicsngr.com/2017/06/07/urhobos-nigerians-not-biafrans-senator-omo-agege/
He should go and fry beans. At the end you will be alone. Okpo
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by apogeez(m): 1:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
hucienda:

This is the most important section in the senator's address. The rest is normal talk to be expected by a member of the establishment.

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Amberon11: 1:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
Banga soup and Ogogoro are far better than eating your fellow human being. You cannibals are really shameless and shouldn't talk when others are.
Austinoiz:
See this Banga Soup-made-numb serial election loser ooo. Who needs this fool and his ogogoro-made-walking dead people in Biafra?

Taaaaaa! Waaaaaaa here osiso!
Overbleached Agege Bread like u.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by EzeUche(m): 1:30pm On Jun 07, 2017
pazienza:

Let the Ibibio be. Enough of this Unity begging.

Let them speak for themselves.

No one is unity begging. I am half Ibibio and it is my mother tongue.

I suspect you are an Igbo from Enugu or Anambra who doesn't have good relations with other non Igbo groups but when in Abia are neighbors and have them in our bloodlines.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:31pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nne5:
I've always maintained Biafra is 5 SE states and 5 SE states is Biafra.

Don't know who invited these SS people.

He is!

Don't know why Ipob keep begging for unity with these people.Its pathetic because they aren't needed.

you guys are confused. If he stated otherwise, I know you guys would be celebrating.

Nice one from the senator. Useless agitation!

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
ItsTutsi:
The way ipods are being reject anyhow
grin grin grin
Na bad luck Dem be to everyone.

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by pazienza(m): 1:35pm On Jun 07, 2017
EzeUche:

No one is unity begging. I am half Ibibio and it is my mother tongue.

I suspect you are an Igbo from Enugu or Anambra who doesn't have good relations with other non Igbo groups but when in Abia are neighbors and have them in our bloodlines.

Then let the Ibibios be the ones identitying with Igbos in Abia, and not the other way round.

The Ship had already been readied, you can't be forcing people to enter. You save yourself first, and let them Work things out themselves.

#Operation Noah's Ark

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by OmniSparrow: 1:39pm On Jun 07, 2017
buchilino:

U CAN HAVE KOGI, BENUE DELTA. WE DON'T NEED DEM.
I'm not one fighting and including them in the fictional map of biafra. Ipob and massob is. So who are you in the pot of soup?
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Intrepid01(m): 1:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
leviaka:

Let me start by saying you have a slave mentality.
Not everyone hates Igbo, I don't know the tribe you are from, ask Askari dokubo or ganiyu Adams or Fredrick faseun and countless others they have no hatred for igbo's we are too different from you we have nothing in common
You can remain in your fruitless union with arewa we want out, but don't think our people in the ss region the anioma's will have anything to do with you

can you see how confused you are? obviously you have comprehension challenge. maybe your I.Q is just too low to process the content of my write up. Your fellow Ipob displayed the "everyone hates Igbo syndrome" and I tried to correct him. But here you are jumping like a babboon

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by ipobbigot7: 1:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
Hehehe, biafuro done suffer.

Igbos thought that some groups and tribes are their problems, unknown to them they just on their own in their self delusion.

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Opoki(m): 1:44pm On Jun 07, 2017
letsbepieces:

In ur dream, keep going round minority group begging, whilst u avoid the real question of referendum.

Soon the foreigners will come and organise it for u, whilst they deploy UN troops to calm the frackass dat will soon erupt in the Zoo.

That's our one big problem in this country, we keep seeing some segment/fragment as a minority same reason the northerners laid claim on Niger Delta oil!

My point is, there could be a biafra irrespective of Majority or Minority if there is unity among all states and tribes from the SS/SE!

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Edu3Again: 1:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
Amberon11:
We stand with this man. The funny thing is these Igbos keep deluding themselves. They seem to be in conflict with the reality on ground.

Many groups are declaring Biafra n
Even benue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frwYV4hjJn8
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by pazienza(m): 1:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
Keneeby:

Hahahahaha Biafra died since 1970. it can't resurrect. we south-south are here to kill it more if it try to resurrect.

You will only kill yourself.

You will be trapped in Nigeria post Igbo secession, a Nigeria that would be more than 70% a Muslim country, a country where the North would constitute more than 70% of the population.

Where your resource control fantasy will remain a fantasy forever where your chances of influencing any decision at NASS would even become more difficult, as the Northern percentage by representation would even increase there with Igbo exodus. Not that is any of the Igbo man business. We would be busy building our own country to even notice.

The shame is on you.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by NOETHNICITY(m): 1:49pm On Jun 07, 2017
a word is enough for tge wise, i believe.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Nne5: 1:56pm On Jun 07, 2017
AlwaysUltraPad:
you guys are confused. If he stated otherwise, I know you guys would be celebrating.

Nice one from the senator. Useless agitation!
I wouldn't have celebrated sorry!

I and many others like me have always maintained that Biafra should be a homogeneous Igbo nation.BTW the next time you quote me,be civil.
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by AlwaysUltraPad: 1:57pm On Jun 07, 2017
ProWalker:
Na disappointment everywhere Ipob turns grin grin grin
I wonder what they can do with those tiny five hamlets with the way they bred uncontrollably cheesy
to my surprise, I heard SS is 3 times bigger than the whole of east grin

3 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by mildflame: 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2017
HiddenShadow:
A Northerner on Channels TV declared Urhobo oil as Hausa Fulani oil

Yet this mumu is concerned about Biafra

Any MUMU can say whatever on Channels TV

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by AlwaysUltraPad: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nne5:

I wouldn't have celebrated sorry!

I and many others like me have always maintained that Biafra should be a homogeneous Igbo nation.BTW the next time you quote me,be civil.
well, what you guys don't know is, your hypocrisy triggers incivility most times.

NB:I was ultra-civil in my post.

1 Like

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by KemjikaEme: 2:00pm On Jun 07, 2017
Delta state and Urhobo was not and has never been part of Biafra.
So where is all this 'we are not Biafra coming from?.
It is ridiculous and absurd to deny what you were never part of.
The Modern Biafra is solely for Igbo people,other tribes are not welcome so they can take several seats and stop disturbing people with fooolish comments.

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by IYANGBALI: 2:03pm On Jun 07, 2017
Nigeria 1-0 biafra
Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by dederocs(m): 2:04pm On Jun 07, 2017
Why are Iboes dragging other tribes into their Biafra disillusionment... No one is envious of being Ibo, a people with no values and integrity,are definitely bound to fail.

Go read history, so you know where we all are coming from, Biafra is Iboes and Iboes only, only a mad man will join this confused entity tagged Biafra.

Go make your Biafra with your Ibo brothers and sisters, no one wants to join you.

2 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by Keneeby(m): 2:06pm On Jun 07, 2017
pazienza:

You will only kill yourself.

You will be trapped in Nigeria post Igbo secession, a Nigeria that would be more than 70% a Muslim country, a country where the North would constitute more than 70% of the population.

Where your resource control fantasy will remain a fantasy forever where your chances of influencing any decision at NASS would even become more difficult, as the Northern percentage by representation would even increase there with Igbo exodus. Not that is any of the Igbo man business. We would be busy building our own country to even notice.

The shame is on you.

Wetin dey ibo land? una get seaport? Una no get access to sea. how Una Biafra go look like? we are going to forfeit all Una landed properties. We are going to ensure no ibo leave Nigeria with anything. ibos would be worst losers . it is better we partner with the Hausa's than arrogant and ingrate set of people.

4 Likes

Re: "We Are Urhobos And Nigerians, Not Biafrans" - Senator Omo-agege by dederocs(m): 2:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
KemjikaEme:
Delta state and Urhobo was not and has never been part of Biafra.
So where is all this 'we are not Biafra coming from?.
It is ridiculous and absurd to deny what you were never part of.
The Modern Biafra is solely for Igbo people,other tribes are not welcome so they can take several seats and stop disturbing people with fooolish comments.

It is you Biafrans that drag other tribes cos you want more strength and numbers... The sit at home banner, I saw them listing delta, and akwa Ibo, Biafra is looking for trouble with all these verbal encroachment.
People dislike iboes cos of their bad reputation,they are scum to most people.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Osinbajo At Tunde Bakare's Daughter's Wedding (photos) / Senator Danjuma Goje To Fashola: Resign If The Work Is Overwhelming / Obasanjo's First Wife Wrote A Book About Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.