Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,201 members, 7,835,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:44 PM

Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria (38799 Views)

Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination / Long Snake Killed In Madonna University Toilet / Nigerian Girl Shines In UK University As She Bags Multiple Msc Awards. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by EneJnr: 9:01am On Jun 08, 2017
I am of the opinion that this should be reposted as many times and on every social sites as possible. I don too hear una hand, Madonna. Wetin sef?

2 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by olusola200: 9:02am On Jun 08, 2017
To me oo I blame the parents

Impunity at work

Remember there is God oooooo
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by danidee10(m): 9:03am On Jun 08, 2017
100% true.

Check my profile and Read My story.
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Rhodababy123: 9:04am On Jun 08, 2017
U get sense so??
Viergeachar:
You see why Yorubas almost NEVER patronise flattiyeasterners? angry
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by ObaKlaz: 9:04am On Jun 08, 2017
Wizkhalifa2:
Why op come put Uniben pic under d post? Pls dnt associate great uniben with this laughable ponzi school. angry
D tin weak me. Upon all d fees dem dey pay, dem still dey borrow UNIBEN main gate!

3 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Amgreat70(m): 9:05am On Jun 08, 2017
My people saw this on time
THANKGOD For Igbinedion university
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Ernesca(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2017
I was forced by my father to go seek admission there. The issue is that no one fails their exams and interviews whr you will be asked what your parents do for a living, once your answer is positive, that's an automatic admission. I told them my father na trader for cemetry market. And having this hot hatred for the useless school, I made up my mind to write Jamb till Jesus comes. Finally am a great FUTOITE. No be beans.

9 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Wizkhalifa2(m): 9:06am On Jun 08, 2017
ObaKlaz:
D tin weak me. Upon all d fees dem dey pay, dem still dey borrow UNIBEN main gate!
He say dem borrow uniben gate. Lmao grin grin grin
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by LadyJasper: 9:10am On Jun 08, 2017
Wizkhalifa2:
Why op come put Uniben pic under d post? Pls dnt associate great uniben with this laughable ponzi school. angry

Guy, I shock oh! Lol
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by danidee10(m): 9:10am On Jun 08, 2017
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ THIS STORY, THE OP IS TELLING THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. THANK YOU

Before i start my story, i'll advise any jambite or any parent reading this not to apply to Madonna university and if you're already a student and it's not too late to leave please leave and find a better University to attend. if you can't afford to leave then make sure you keep track of all your results especially if you are a transfer student from another department.

I got admitted to madonna university in october 2011 to the faculty of engineering Elele campus, it should be noted that madonna has three campuses, Elele(Rivers state) for Sciences, Akpugo (Enugu state) for Engineering and Okija (Anambra) for Arts. while i was in my 100 level i started hearing rumours(in Madonna every rumour is 95% true) that my department in Engineering was not accredited by NUC, due to that discovery i decided to transfer and change to another department. i paid the fee of N 10,000 and transferred to computer science department in 200 level, i was told to write a leter to the school's Exams and records to transfer my old result and details to my new department which i did

Fast forward to my final year....when the list came out for those that would do final-clearance(those going for youth service), i was not too surprised when i did not see my name because, transfer students in my department have always had this issue of our 100 level results not being transferred even thought we've been writing letters to the university's exam and records to transfer our results. personally i know i've written this letter more than five times throughout my time in Madonna University, so i quickly rushed down to school to find out why my name was not on the list, i was told it's an issue with my result. so i went to Exams and records and i submitted my name to the security man who acts as the intermediary between students and the offce and i was shocked when he returned about 2 hours later with the piece of paper i submitted to them with 'Next two weeks' boldly written in red. i asked him why, he said the lady incharge did not give him any reason. i quickly scribbled down my name and Registration number on another piece of paper and submitted it again, initially the security man was reluctant to collect the paper, i begged him and he finally agreed. This time i waited and waited but i got no response and before you know it they said they were closed for the day.

The next day i came back and submitted my name and reg number and i got another response saying i should come back the next week (all these responses come at least after 2 hours of waiting). i was very angry and i walked up to the window where i could talk to them, the security man tried to restrain me but before he got there i was already talking to the Brother/Seminarian that i saw there. i explained everything to him and he told me to give him my name and registration number again which i quickly did. he told me to wait that he will attend to me. an hour later when i saw that i was getting no response i went to meet him again and he kept on telling me to wait that they're working on my result, meanwhile when i looked into the office, he was browsing the preview of Liverpool vs Arsenal another staff was on nairaland, one was on facebook and the others were just chatting and laughing, i told him i was tired of waiting that he should tell me exactly what's going on, he finally told me

THAT ALL MY 100 LEVEL RESULTS ARE NOT IN ELELE THAT THEY'VE BEEN MOVED TO AKPUGO IN ENUGU STATE.....WTF!!!!!!

But i've been writing letters since 200 level for you guys to move my results for how many years and it has not been transferred. He was just smiling and he told me that i'm supposed to know that letters don't work in this office. i nearly ran mad, i was like how else do you want me to communicate with you guys if i don't use letters, the Exams and records office is locked down and restricted from students and lecturers. by this time it was around 4 o'clock and they closed for the day

To cut the story short i had to go to my former Faculty and request for old 100 level results before doing this i informed one of my lecturer who called the Reverend Father incharge of Exams and records and told him that both of us are coming with some of the results we found and he said ok (if i didn't do this, they would just dismiss the result as a fake one even if it is stamped and signed by the Hod of that), after i submitted the results i found (i did not find all of them especially GST courses which are not pasted by Exams and Records or released to the various departments), they wrote a list of 16 courses that they could not find (they even wrote some non-existent courses). i went back to them and told them to give me the names of the non-existent courses (they just wrote down the course code). i waited and waited throughout the day but got no answer or response. i started going round from one 100 level lecturer to another to retrieve some of my results (doing their job for them). i was told to write a letter to exams and records again to go and get the result from the respective lecturers i did that and submitted the letter but i got no response and when i tried to find out exactly what's going on the Seminarian there would just tell me that they are working on it that i should just be patient

This Saga went on till the list for the NYSC batch A corpers had been compiled and forwarded to NYSC, i had to go home because i had tried all possible avenues to resolve this problem all to no avail.

The Seminarian was even telling me to go to Akpugo campus and get the results myself, but the annoying thing is even when i get there they wouldn't give me the results i have to beg (which translates to bribe) a staff there to follow me down to Elele with the results, i've told them to contact the office there to scan the results and send it to them. but they said 'they don't work like that' (can you imagine that!!!!), even My lecturer that has been helping me out with this issue (God bless him) can't help me again because they might start accusing him that he has collected bribe from me that's why he is so interested in this case (that's what they do). My mum even called the Reverend Father incharge of Exams and records, he started shouting on her and telling her that i went to bring fake results for them and that he is sure i did not even write those exams in 100 level, i even went to meet the lady incharge of computer sciences results. she just behaved as if she was deaf and dumb and walked out on me.

Most of my mates going for this Batch A youth corps never saw the result of some Exams they wrote in 100 level, and they are some of my colleagues who didn't see the result of an Exam (wasn't released to the department or pasted), it didn't come out in their problem list (list of courses you failed or missing courses, the list is released in your final year) only to be told that they failed the course or their result can't be found after they've graduated. a year before i graduated one of my seniors from another department advised me to go to exams and records and request for my results, i tried that but they plainly told me that they don't have time to attend to my request, i kept on trying but i had to give up because i started missing classes because of the hours i spend waiting for them to respond.

I want the whole world to know what goes on in Madonna University, on the outside it looks like a good catholic school but it's a whole new world when you get inside, they intentionally make students have spill overs so they came come back and pay another new school fees again, even if it's a single GST course, if it's a second semester course you'll pay both first and second semester school fees which is 300k+ or 400k+ depending on your department just to write that single course

As i'm writing this, i don't even know the next action to take i'm just at home now in limbo waiting for them to go and retrieve my remaining results.

20 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Arielle: 9:11am On Jun 08, 2017
I don't know why people still attend this so-called university. It is a disgrace to the catholic church although it is not an official church owned school. 3 of my young cousins went there and it was the same tales. That priest is a shyster. I understand he was defrocked. Any truth to this?
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Geenickel(m): 9:12am On Jun 08, 2017
I CANT SEND MY ENEMY TO STUDY HERE!
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by ObaKlaz: 9:13am On Jun 08, 2017
Wizkhalifa2:
He say dem borrow uniben gate. Lmao grin grin grin
Busted! Vc Orumwense don dey rent out our beloved main gate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by lumidee2580(m): 9:14am On Jun 08, 2017
SPDAZZY:
I dont know how true everything written in the article is but I can verify that my cousin had a spill over cos of one course: German.

it's actually true, infact it's even more than that self. Pentecostal believers that goes to the school faces more frustration than they would have imagined if they are in a Muslim owned school. I have a family friend that finished from that Madonna. she told me a lot about what they usually face in the school. there is virtually no student right. everyone operates just like zombies
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Angelovic96: 9:17am On Jun 08, 2017
Juanthenairague:
Interesting, can't take ds OP serious atleast some of my family and friends finished from there and they are doing well in different areas of their discipline.
First, you created your acct yesterday just for this purpose, meanwhile tagging uniben photo to your petty stories like one forced you to enrol into d school knowing quite well about their rules and regulations ...i guess u did so poor in your jamb and that couldnt make way for your choice (great Uniben) I wonder what u gain from running people down.its true some spill over sudents (lazy ones) there had issues with some GES courses but they caused all ds for themselves, students don't work hard anymore. Our generation/youths are so lazy that we take things for granted. Priority reshuffle is d new motto... We channel our efforts into slaying BS (wannabes') and social media vibes.

pls can u ask your friends to tell you what they went through to get that certificate. its more of a military school than a University
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by chuksdavid28(m): 9:19am On Jun 08, 2017
y dem come put up uniben main gate picture for there na...thought it's Madonna ur talking about
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Jerie(m): 9:20am On Jun 08, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
Sad, but come to think of it, they have rules and regulations guiding them which you and others agreed to.

If you cannot take the heat, then get out of the kitchen, or better still, do not enter the kitchen at all.

You don't change the rules in the middle of the game.

That school is a joke when talking about universities.

4 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Nnamdd1(m): 9:23am On Jun 08, 2017
What a barbaric authority they have there.

They will set up fake panels just to expel students after paying heavily for school fees.
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by pinkpant: 9:23am On Jun 08, 2017
Juanthenairague:
Interesting, can't take ds OP serious atleast some of my family and friends finished from there and they are doing well in different areas of their discipline.
First, you created your acct yesterday just for this purpose, meanwhile tagging uniben photo to your petty stories like one forced you to enrol into d school knowing quite well about their rules and regulations ...i guess u did so poor in your jamb and that couldnt make way for your choice (great Uniben) I wonder what u gain from running people down.its true some spill over sudents (lazy ones) there had issues with some GES courses but they caused all ds for themselves, students don't work hard anymore. Our generation/youths are so lazy that we take things for granted. Priority reshuffle is d new motto... We channel our efforts into slaying BS (wannabes') and social media vibes.
will you shut up there my friend... because few lucky people you knew are doing well does not mean the rest that are suffering are lazy... there is nothing you can say to justify the harsh treatments these students go true on daily basis in that God forsaken university.
Typical Nigerian mentality once you and your households are OK the rest of the other people suffering should be blamed for their predicament instead of saying the truth.. I had a cousin there too who did well but it did not stop her from telling the truth as it is.
That's why we will never go forward in this country, refusing to speak with one voice.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 08, 2017
Wizkhalifa2:
Why op come put Uniben pic under d post? Pls dnt associate great uniben with this laughable ponzi school. >sad
It wasn't the op that put uniben's picture but the mod who moved ot to fp
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by LEAFLET(m): 9:24am On Jun 08, 2017
greatest mistake of my life is going to that school, everything said here is true.. I used to tell people that father Ede has fallen out with God because he's a scam and I'm really sad that he wasted my time there... Everything said by the OP is true.. Very true

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Madeu(m): 9:27am On Jun 08, 2017
danidee10:
PLEASE TAKE YOUR TIME AND READ THIS STORY, THE OP IS TELLING THE ABSOLUTE TRUTH. THANK YOU

Before i start my story, i'll advise any jambite or any parent reading this not to apply to Madonna university and if you're already a student and it's not too late to leave please leave and find a better University to attend. if you can't afford to leave then make sure you keep track of all your results especially if you are a transfer student from another department.

I got admitted to madonna university in october 2011 to the faculty of engineering Elele campus, it should be noted that madonna has three campuses, Elele(Rivers state) for Sciences, Akpugo (Enugu state) for Engineering and Okija (Anambra) for Arts. while i was in my 100 level i started hearing rumours(in Madonna every rumour is 95% true) that my department in Engineering was not accredited by NUC, due to that discovery i decided to transfer and change to another department. i paid the fee of N 10,000 and transferred to computer science department in 200 level, i was told to write a leter to the school's Exams and records to transfer my old result and details to my new department which i did

Fast forward to my final year....when the list came out for those that would do final-clearance(those going for youth service), i was not too surprised when i did not see my name because, transfer students in my department have always had this issue of our 100 level results not being transferred even thought we've been writing letters to the university's exam and records to transfer our results. personally i know i've written this letter more than five times throughout my time in Madonna University, so i quickly rushed down to school to find out why my name was not on the list, i was told it's an issue with my result. so i went to Exams and records and i submitted my name to the security man who acts as the intermediary between students and the offce and i was shocked when he returned about 2 hours later with the piece of paper i submitted to them with 'Next two weeks' boldly written in red. i asked him why, he said the lady incharge did not give him any reason. i quickly scribbled down my name and Registration number on another piece of paper and submitted it again, initially the security man was reluctant to collect the paper, i begged him and he finally agreed. This time i waited and waited but i got no response and before you know it they said they were closed for the day.

The next day i came back and submitted my name and reg number and i got another response saying i should come back the next week (all these responses come at least after 2 hours of waiting). i was very angry and i walked up to the window where i could talk to them, the security man tried to restrain me but before he got there i was already talking to the Brother/Seminarian that i saw there. i explained everything to him and he told me to give him my name and registration number again which i quickly did. he told me to wait that he will attend to me. an hour later when i saw that i was getting no response i went to meet him again and he kept on telling me to wait that they're working on my result, meanwhile when i looked into the office, he was browsing the preview of Liverpool vs Arsenal another staff was on nairaland, one was on facebook and the others were just chatting and laughing, i told him i was tired of waiting that he should tell me exactly what's going on, he finally told me

THAT ALL MY 100 LEVEL RESULTS ARE NOT IN ELELE THAT THEY'VE BEEN MOVED TO AKPUGO IN ENUGU STATE.....WTF!!!!!!

But i've been writing letters since 200 level for you guys to move my results for how many years and it has not been transferred. He was just smiling and he told me that i'm supposed to know that letters don't work in this office. i nearly ran mad, i was like how else do you want me to communicate with you guys if i don't use letters, the Exams and records office is locked down and restricted from students and lecturers. by this time it was around 4 o'clock and they closed for the day

To cut the story short i had to go to my former Faculty and request for old 100 level results before doing this i informed one of my lecturer who called the Reverend Father incharge of Exams and records and told him that both of us are coming with some of the results we found and he said ok (if i didn't do this, they would just dismiss the result as a fake one even if it is stamped and signed by the Hod of that), after i submitted the results i found (i did not find all of them especially GST courses which are not pasted by Exams and Records or released to the various departments), they wrote a list of 16 courses that they could not find (they even wrote some non-existent courses). i went back to them and told them to give me the names of the non-existent courses (they just wrote down the course code). i waited and waited throughout the day but got no answer or response. i started going round from one 100 level lecturer to another to retrieve some of my results (doing their job for them). i was told to write a letter to exams and records again to go and get the result from the respective lecturers i did that and submitted the letter but i got no response and when i tried to find out exactly what's going on the Seminarian there would just tell me that they are working on it that i should just be patient

This Saga went on till the list for the NYSC batch A corpers had been compiled and forwarded to NYSC, i had to go home because i had tried all possible avenues to resolve this problem all to no avail.

The Seminarian was even telling me to go to Akpugo campus and get the results myself, but the annoying thing is even when i get there they wouldn't give me the results i have to beg (which translates to bribe) a staff there to follow me down to Elele with the results, i've told them to contact the office there to scan the results and send it to them. but they said 'they don't work like that' (can you imagine that!!!!), even My lecturer that has been helping me out with this issue (God bless him) can't help me again because they might start accusing him that he has collected bribe from me that's why he is so interested in this case (that's what they do). My mum even called the Reverend Father incharge of Exams and records, he started shouting on her and telling her that i went to bring fake results for them and that he is sure i did not even write those exams in 100 level, i even went to meet the lady incharge of computer sciences results. she just behaved as if she was deaf and dumb and walked out on me.

Most of my mates going for this Batch A youth corps never saw the result of some Exams they wrote in 100 level, and they are some of my colleagues who didn't see the result of an Exam (wasn't released to the department or pasted), it didn't come out in their problem list (list of courses you failed or missing courses, the list is released in your final year) only to be told that they failed the course or their result can't be found after they've graduated. a year before i graduated one of my seniors from another department advised me to go to exams and records and request for my results, i tried that but they plainly told me that they don't have time to attend to my request, i kept on trying but i had to give up because i started missing classes because of the hours i spend waiting for them to respond.

I want the whole world to know what goes on in Madonna University, on the outside it looks like a good catholic school but it's a whole new world when you get inside, they intentionally make students have spill overs so they came come back and pay another new school fees again, even if it's a single GST course, if it's a second semester course you'll pay both first and second semester school fees which is 300k+ or 400k+ depending on your department just to write that single course

As i'm writing this, i don't even know the next action to take i'm just at home now in limbo waiting for them to go and retrieve my remaining results.

Instead of your waitng at limbo, get something doing or start all over again. In another school outside Nigeria. At the end of this, you will see error in your CGPA. Your result might turn out bad. I faced similar incidence as narrated by you. Don't waste your TIME.

4 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Juanthenairague: 9:32am On Jun 08, 2017
Whatever people tend to tell me about their struggles in Madonna university can be seen in other universities, life is like an art...we define it by ourselves, might go outta control sometimes but one can still make a better painting from it. FUTO for instance wanted to frustrate my kid brother but we later realised that he caused the challenges for himself. He choose another path instead of focusing on d real biz first. He spent additional 2years in sch cos of his lifestyle.

Angelovic96:

pls can u ask your friends to tell you what they went through to get that certificate. its more of a military school than a University
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by engrjacuzzi: 9:43am On Jun 08, 2017
Madonna university is one school I know that lacks everything. the funny and annoying thing is that my darling wife went for her certificate despite graduating three years ago, she was told her certificate wasn't ready. I then insisted that she get "to whom it may concern" attestation letter and when she did, she was asked to pay #20,000 for processing. I think Madonna school should be closed down because all the allegation are true.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by delivryboy: 9:44am On Jun 08, 2017
SlimBrawnie:
Sad, but come to think of it, they have rules and regulations guiding them which you and others agreed to.

If you cannot take the heat, then get out of the kitchen, or better still, do not enter the kitchen at all.
At some point in the history of America it was against the law for a black man to sit in a bus while a white stood, laws are subject to change my dear sister.

3 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 08, 2017
mhistaGodsboi:
MADONNA UNIVERSITY AS A PONZI SCHEME IN NIGERIA

This is broken silence from one of the students who has been frustrated in in the University.

Madonna University is one of the most popular private universities in Nigeria, founded by VERY REV. FR. EMMANUEL MATHEW PAUL EDEH CSSP. OFR

It has about Three Campuses which include, Elele campus, Okija Campus and Akpugo Campus

Madonna University is a university with a difference; don’t doubt it is because what happens inside here cannot happen in any other university in Nigeria,

Inside here Human rights are highly prohibited …

The school doesn’t care about student’s feelings or their good interest rather they bring up policies against the interest and joy of Students,

Students opinion are not being looked into or settled rather it gives us suspension if the not expulsion and the school panel is for justice rather where they decide what will happen to you

In the year 2016 after the killing and bombing of properties in the North East.

The Father Founder decided to offer a free Education to the students who are being affected which the students very happy , without knowing he was using for International business and Awards.

During this Event of fake free Education he invited some foreign agencies Like UNICEF, A former prime minister of Ukraine and a former who gave the support of 80 million Naira to the so Called father Edehs Charity organization, After which he now restricted the free Education to only final years Students who were only 12 in number, and paid only their tuition fees which was #30,000 out of about #450.000 they pay paid as school fees and he pockets the 80million naira which was donated for support.

Some times when foreigners visits our school, he introduces us as less privileged people that is under his sponsorship.

Currently Medicine students are paying 1.5million Naira, Pharmacy 980 thousand Naira, law 1.2 million with other departments paying more than 500 thousand Naira, during an international convention last year he said the school fees is to small to run the school .

In 2016 when students where transferring from The school to other universities due to Maltreatment in the school, they increased the transcripts fee from #40.000 to #500.000 which made many students drop out because they cannot afford the school fees again and they cannot afford the transcript fee.

Presently now Madonna is providing the Highest spillover students in the country, 40% to 45% spilled because of either philosophy, theology, German or French and sometimes the tell u your script is missing or they will tag it Excess credit Load. In some many cases lecturers will give u CA but at the End of the day Exams and record will say u don’t have CA , Sometimes they do this just for you to spill and pay fees again.

In my Class Medical Laboratory Science 2013/2016 set, we are about 300 in the class but when NUC the presented only 50 students and they warned the remaining students not to come to class.

Security treats us like we are armed robbers or less privileged and if you retaliate you will tagged a cultist and u will be expelled that is what happen

In Akpugo 2015 when some students were brutally beaten and accused to be

Cultist

Even our Registrar and some of our Good and intelligent lecturers has left the school because of barbarity, brutality, savagery, wickedness, cruelty, abomination, enormity, outrage, monstrosity, obscenity, iniquity, transgression, injustice, abuse in the institution

please I call on NUC and other Education regulating bodies to investigate on this matter, we are really suffering here, nobody wants to talk because of expulsion please come for a secrete investigation , thank you

NOTE ::::

This article is represents the opinions of the author only, and does not necessarily represent the views and opinion of StateReporters News cable

http://www.statereporters.com/2017/06/07/madonna-university-as-a-ponzi-scheme-in-nigeria/
Eya. Sori but why didn't you say this earlier on? What's uniben pics doing there
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:47am On Jun 08, 2017
mhistaGodsboi:
MADONNA UNIVERSITY AS A PONZI SCHEME IN NIGERIA

This is broken silence from one of the students who has been frustrated in in the University.

Madonna University is one of the most popular private universities in Nigeria, founded by VERY REV. FR. EMMANUEL MATHEW PAUL EDEH CSSP. OFR

It has about Three Campuses which include, Elele campus, Okija Campus and Akpugo Campus

Madonna University is a university with a difference; don’t doubt it is because what happens inside here cannot happen in any other university in Nigeria,

Inside here Human rights are highly prohibited …

The school doesn’t care about student’s feelings or their good interest rather they bring up policies against the interest and joy of Students,

Students opinion are not being looked into or settled rather it gives us suspension if the not expulsion and the school panel is for justice rather where they decide what will happen to you

In the year 2016 after the killing and bombing of properties in the North East.

The Father Founder decided to offer a free Education to the students who are being affected which the students very happy , without knowing he was using for International business and Awards.

During this Event of fake free Education he invited some foreign agencies Like UNICEF, A former prime minister of Ukraine and a former who gave the support of 80 million Naira to the so Called father Edehs Charity organization, After which he now restricted the free Education to only final years Students who were only 12 in number, and paid only their tuition fees which was #30,000 out of about #450.000 they pay paid as school fees and he pockets the 80million naira which was donated for support.

Some times when foreigners visits our school, he introduces us as less privileged people that is under his sponsorship.

Currently Medicine students are paying 1.5million Naira, Pharmacy 980 thousand Naira, law 1.2 million with other departments paying more than 500 thousand Naira, during an international convention last year he said the school fees is to small to run the school .

In 2016 when students where transferring from The school to other universities due to Maltreatment in the school, they increased the transcripts fee from #40.000 to #500.000 which made many students drop out because they cannot afford the school fees again and they cannot afford the transcript fee.

Presently now Madonna is providing the Highest spillover students in the country, 40% to 45% spilled because of either philosophy, theology, German or French and sometimes the tell u your script is missing or they will tag it Excess credit Load. In some many cases lecturers will give u CA but at the End of the day Exams and record will say u don’t have CA , Sometimes they do this just for you to spill and pay fees again.

In my Class Medical Laboratory Science 2013/2016 set, we are about 300 in the class but when NUC the presented only 50 students and they warned the remaining students not to come to class.

Security treats us like we are armed robbers or less privileged and if you retaliate you will tagged a cultist and u will be expelled that is what happen

In Akpugo 2015 when some students were brutally beaten and accused to be

Cultist

Even our Registrar and some of our Good and intelligent lecturers has left the school because of barbarity, brutality, savagery, wickedness, cruelty, abomination, enormity, outrage, monstrosity, obscenity, iniquity, transgression, injustice, abuse in the institution

please I call on NUC and other Education regulating bodies to investigate on this matter, we are really suffering here, nobody wants to talk because of expulsion please come for a secrete investigation , thank you

NOTE ::::

This article is represents the opinions of the author only, and does not necessarily represent the views and opinion of StateReporters News cable

http://www.statereporters.com/2017/06/07/madonna-university-as-a-ponzi-scheme-in-nigeria/
Let's go to Twitter so that the world will see hear it better
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 9:49am On Jun 08, 2017
I know very much about Madonna, and I don't really like to say it cos it's one of the schools that generally gives people a bad impression of private universities in Nigeria. Sometimes I wonder what the NUC standard for accreditation of an institution are and whether they treat every university with the same equal standard. Sorry to say, the case of Madonna make me wonder whether they play double standards!
Or Statsocial what do you think?

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by glossy6(f): 9:50am On Jun 08, 2017
I thank God that my daughter did not choose that school
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by pinkpant: 9:52am On Jun 08, 2017
Juanthenairague:
Whatever people tend to tell me about their struggles in Madonna university can be seen in other universities, life is like an art...we define it by ourselves, might go outta control sometimes but one can still make a better painting from it. FUTO for instance wanted to frustrate my kid brother but we later realised that he caused the challenges for himself. He choose another path instead of focusing on d real biz first. He spent additional 2years in sch cos of his lifestyle.

This one is your brother's life style. stop twisting it. we know what is going on in that school. there's a difference between having so many people complain about how a school is being run for years and one wayward student life style...
Are some of you really afraid to say the truth or what. Should we all now ignore the outcries of the innocent one's that are being frustrated and just sit and blame them for their predicament.

4 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by pinkpant: 9:55am On Jun 08, 2017
john4reala:
Let's go to Twitter so that the world will see hear it better
very nice suggestion

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

300Level University Of Jos Student Dies (photo) / Oluwatunmise Idowu Solves 17 Maths Questions In 1 Minute / ASUU Strike: Students Block Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.