Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,343 members, 7,860,877 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:51 PM

Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria (38865 Views)

Times Ranks Covenant University As Nigeria's Top Engineering Study Destination / Long Snake Killed In Madonna University Toilet / Nigerian Girl Shines In UK University As She Bags Multiple Msc Awards. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by waunieducation: 8:32am On Jun 09, 2017
Hi there,

This is one of a kind offer to Nigerian students (both home and abroad) particularly final year students who are facing difficulty in their final year projects / research work. Worry not, for we are here to take the boredom off you with a friendly price coupled with presentation hints and walkthroughs

Kindly email us at waunieducation@gmail.com for more information

Call Our Ghana Lines: +233549554527, +233276131258 OR E-mail Us: waunieducation@gmail.com
Whatsapp:+233276131258 (Enquiries only)

Thanks you!
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 9:22am On Jun 09, 2017
otokx:

What will NUC do that they have not done before?

Of course there's so much they can do about this. Like one of the things Statsocial suggested: "Honestly the school should be de-registered. I really have a problem with NUC's indiscriminate licencing of private universities."
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by peaxie(f): 12:16pm On Jun 09, 2017
TrendyP:

OP the school has rules before you were admitted. You signed an undertaking to abide by the rules and regulations governing the university, it was not forced on you.

I was in Madonna for five years and i cannot collaborate your story.

OP this is a big fat lie. I still dont know what you stand to gain with this. As at 2010 when i graduated, transcript was 15k. last year when i got transcript for my masters, i paid 20k for local and 25k for international. So there has never been a time transcript was 40k.

Now this is the biggest lies you have told in your write up. OP i didn't have a carry over throughout my stay. The courses you are mentioning are not offered by every department. And the ones that do, there are credit units attached to them. If you fail a course, you write it again. Its the same rules everywhere in the world. Stop spreading falsehood. Please which one is excess credit load? You don't know how weighting system works? And how did you arrive at your statistics? NBS?

Finally, Madonna University like any other institution has its own challenges and peculiarities and they are actually not contained in your write up. Private schools have rules which is expected that you adhere to because you signed and agreed to obey. No one stops you from leaving the school if you are fed up.
Please i want to advise the OP to stop spreading falsehood and smearing the name of an institution that has thousands of graduates out there.
And yes, I graduated from the school and i am doing just fine in my Career.
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by monex(m): 1:44pm On Jun 09, 2017
MONITZ:

How? Pls explain especially the non-religious Catholic priest part, thanks...

not all priest are religious (belong to a religious order e.g. Dominicans, Monks, Franciscans, Jesuits etc.). some are lay (just Diocesan).

lay priests only take an oath of obedience to their bishops
religious priests also take an oath of poverty and chastity.

a religious priest cannot own property unlike a lay priest.

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Juanthenairague: 6:19pm On Jun 09, 2017
If you have nothing to contribute Mr scumbag, buzz off pls.
From your looks...u really need that 10k not me, atleast to have a good haircut and prepare for another JAMB

Victornezzar:

U be dopemu
dey don pay u 10k as usual
so keep on defending

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Victornezzar: 7:18pm On Jun 09, 2017
Juanthenairague:
If you have nothing to contribute Mr scumbag, buzz off pls.
From your looks...u really need that 10k not me, atleast to have a good haircut and prepare for another JAMB

lol naso d tin take pain u reach
i won't insult u
now get off my mention
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by osifred(m): 9:13pm On Jun 09, 2017
I was just 15yrs old when I realized the school was a very bad good despite pressure from my family to continue I left. Leaving Madonna is the best decision I have made in my entire life.

To a very large extent what the op wrote is the truth and those students who are supporting the school are or were hall rep and spy, so they maybe have the same experience as the regular students. Those arguing that it is a private school and as such you are to obey their rules and regulations. I put it to you that most of the rule and regulations are not even in the students handbook. Father Eden, Aunty Philo, Security guard and few seminarians decide what is the rule and what is not the rule in Madonna. while a student in the school by friend's walk man radio was ceased by a security guard claiming it was against school policy to have such, we brought out the handbook asked him to show us where it is written. There was no where it was written yet he seized it all the same and there was nothing my friend could do.

Students who graduated from the student without any issue were just LUCKY. nothing more nothing less.
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by djjosh(m): 4:12am On Jun 10, 2017
fineboynl:
State reporter should have help correct the write-ups before publishing.
IT IS OKAY THIS WAY, SO THE MASSES WILL KNOW THAT THE WAY THEY TEACH IS REALLY BAD THAT THEY CAN'T EVEN COMPOSE GOOD ENGLISH.
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by sirjay685: 8:32am On Jun 10, 2017
Young man, I am a Madonna Student. Stop spreading false accusations against our founder.I was there live when Father founder gave a cheque of 80million naira to the representative of UNICEF to be used in helping those who are affected by the insurgency in the North East.This is out of his generosity. I don't seem to understand, MLS 2013 are suppose to graduate by 2018 and not 2016 as you said. Do not tarnish the image of our great institution simply because you don't have a way of passing through the back door. Madonna University remains the best and will always remain the best. I am proud of my institution. I would like to call on everybody to shun this baseless article written by the enemy of the School and to the writer of this article, please go for confession so that your sins can be forgiven. Proudly Madonnite!

2 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 11:35am On Jun 10, 2017
sirjay685:
Young man, I am a Madonna Student. Stop spreading false accusations against our founder.I was there live when Father founder gave a cheque of 80million naira to the representative of UNICEF to be used in helping those who are affected by the insurgency in the North East.This is out of his generosity. I don't seem to understand, MLS 2013 are suppose to graduate by 2018 and not 2016 as you said. Do not tarnish the image of our great institution simply because you don't have a way of passing through the back door. Madonna University remains the best and will always remain the best. I am proud of my institution. I would like to call on everybody to shun this baseless article written by the enemy of the School and to the writer of this article, please go for confession so that your sins can be forgiven. Proudly Madonnite!

I wanted to take you serious until I saw this: "Madonna University remains the best and will always remain the best."

What is Madonna university the best in and which university(ies) is it better than?

Why are you simply treating the points on sentiment because you're a graduate of the school. You love your school, good, but does that mean we hate the school. How about us that are not students of the school that raised valid points, why not respond to them? Also if the OP simply hates the school, go through "every" other post on Nairaland since 2002(you could also search google) about the school, does that mean majority of the students hate the school?? If so why?? Since you're an alumnus, isn't that worthy enough to make one concerned about the school?

At least, a loving alumnus like you should be in the best position to shed light on some of the germane concerns that the running, administration and overall standard of that Madonna university begs for

1. The accreditation of their courses. Many have been questioned over time, without any statement of the school to dismiss that.
2. Their website: who are their principal officers (at least, if not all lecturers) and what is their academic qualification, how about courses?
3. Lack of transparency: where are the school's structures, academic works??, so many other things (mind you they're one of the first private institutions in Nigeria).
4. Are the students really allowed to snap pictures of the school? Yes or no.

A simple search of the school on google or any other search engine, hardly reveals any information about their ongoing academic activities, conferences, etc. Mostly admission advert. All these and many more ...What's going on

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by herbert7: 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
if your interested to study in philippines, kindly contact me via +639755851558, wattsapp +639064799790
email herbertmols@yahoo.com.
philippines is a south east asia continent that borders malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Taiwan, brunei and Thailand .
good people,friendly and welcoming.
English is the medium of Instruction in all skols.no need of langauge course.direct admission.

admission is on for August 2017 intake.

masters,undergraduate and doctoral levels in any
gr8 opportunities for 3rd class Students To Take up Master program

course of your choice.
affordable tuition fees.

tuition less than 1200usd per year
accredited and recognised globally.
easy visa processing/guaranteed.

regard.
Albert.
(
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Ami44: 4:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
This boy,who made u judge over Rev.fr edeh and UNICEF?is it because u went there and play,do Facebook, WhatsApp,take selfies and other dangerous games. when they screened ur mates,u were screened out and asked to repeat or withdraw.
What is ur own now,screening exercise is not only in that university, it is done in all universities for medical students. since u Mr man did not get the expected marks you were screened out.
The best thing for u now is to go and face ur depression, apologize,ask for God's intervention and restoration because you want other students to drop and loss their academics productivities and waste their parents efforts.
mr man,parents did not ask or beg u to speak on their behalf because they all know the sch norms, fees and miscellaneous expenses before they ask and pay for their children's acceptance fees for the first time.
Therefore, stop sharing ur failures to the successful students of Madonna university which is the best among others both in qualitative education and conducts etc.
This boy,the first 50 students u said that they selected,are they not your fellow mates who are hardworking, efficient, competent in their studies.
Stop!!! stop!!! stop!!!it will not help u rather u are burning coal fire on ur life because those successful students are not happy with you because u want them to join ur failure.
it cannot work oooooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by sciecosi: 7:58pm On Jun 10, 2017
What a world of people who finds it very difficult to just say d truth.... instead admit lies...... what is going on in this nairaland ?about my school being a ponzy scheme and all kind of lies from different people in the world. oh my wonderful school... Madonna University is the best school i have seen that are so much concerned about their students.. starting from my founder who made it possible for students who are less privilege to study ...who stands and see we come out with good education and moral instruction...I am currently a Madonna Student who would stand and defend my school no matter were i go, about the screening and excess credit load.. it's true that no one is perfect but in this school if u fail a course u rewrite it just like other skuls.. to bring out the best in us and believe in our selves what we worked for... no bribery, corruption, cultism.... we also graduate in the perfect time we are meant to.... whether four yrs courses or five yrs... Please i am dissapointed in people who just want to tarnish the image of this prestigious university and think they will go free.OUR GOD will fight for us. I hereby say that all the rumours are all lies and just a forgged story by the ones who don't want our success....
#I Love Madonna University
I Am PROUD TO BE A MADONNITE

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Anyama10: 8:02pm On Jun 10, 2017
This guy writes like an ancient farmer........
And he claims to be a madonna student.......
""GUY"".....i think you need an anti psychotic drug.....
""""YOU CAN COME AND HAVE SOME """""""""
FROM SCIENTIST ANYAMA EMMANUEL

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by mirano: 8:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
Mr. Nobody... Hw can u write all these with such poor english and claim to be a student of the institution [Madonna University]
....You are just a random individual who knows nothing about the the school yet saying such evil about the school...
BE WARNED!!!!
Madonna University is a Catholic Institution....I rest my case

Sct. MIRANO

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by mirano: 8:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Scichizzy: 9:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
TrendyP:

OP the school has rules before you were admitted. You signed an undertaking to abide by the rules and regulations governing the university, it was not forced on you.

I was in Madonna for five years and i cannot collaborate your story.

OP this is a big fat lie. I still dont know what you stand to gain with this. As at 2010 when i graduated, transcript was 15k. last year when i got transcript for my masters, i paid 20k for local and 25k for international. So there has never been a time transcript was 40k.

Now this is the biggest lies you have told in your write up. OP i didn't have a carry over throughout my stay. The courses you are mentioning are not offered by every department. And the ones that do, there are credit units attached to them. If you fail a course, you write it again. Its the same rules everywhere in the world. Stop spreading falsehood. Please which one is excess credit load? You don't know how weighting system works? And how did you arrive at your statistics? NBS?

Finally, Madonna University like any other institution has its own challenges and peculiarities and they are actually not contained in your write up. Private schools have rules which is expected that you adhere to because you signed and agreed to obey. No one stops you from leaving the school if you are fed up.
Please i want to advise the OP to stop spreading falsehood and smearing the name of an institution that has thousands of graduates out there.
And yes, I graduated from the school and i am doing just fine in my Career.
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Scichizzy: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Please who ever you are, where ever you are and want to spoil the name of my school . i pity your life because you don't know what you are doing, it is only God that can save you in this life. Imagine, using the name of our father founder, the chancellor, our icon, my role model to talk balderdash.
PLEASE I WILL ADVICE YOU TO GO AND PRAY TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS COS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
Please am so proud to be in madonna university because it has thought me so many things that i know i wouldn't have learn in a federal university.
So proud to be a madonnite
GREAT MADONNA STUDENT!!! GREAT!!!
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Scichizzy: 9:53pm On Jun 10, 2017
Please who ever you are, where ever you are and want to spoil the name of my school . i pity your life because you don't know what you are doing, it is only God that can save you in this life. Imagine, using the name of our father founder, the chancellor, our icon, my role model to talk balderdash.
PLEASE I WILL ADVICE YOU TO GO AND PRAY TO GOD FOR FORGIVENESS COS YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING.
Please am so proud to be in madonna university because it has thought me so many things that i know i wouldn't have learn in a federal university.
So proud to be a madonnite
GREAT MADONNA STUDENT!!! GREAT!!!
From SCT. Asiegbu chisom

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by austine4real(m): 11:00am On Jun 11, 2017
[quote author=peaxie post=57347549][/quote] happy. Brthday to u bro
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Babymaintain: 11:43am On Jun 11, 2017
Excuse me Mr writer, over sabi master, it's obvious people like you are not supposed to be In my prestigious Madonna university, the registrar you mentioned was on contract with the school, and left after his contract expired, Mr man you're just a broke liar who used his school fees for MMM and couldn't pay for his fews.
Next time wen you want to talk about something be very sure of it,and my MADONNA UNIVERSITY can neva be a ponzi scheme.
#AM A PROUD MADONNITE
#LONG LIVE ORACLE OF MODERN MEDICINE
#LONG LIVE MY UNIVERSITY.
From, SCT. Okoro

2 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Jeluchi: 12:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
Oga na lie.... Stop tarnishing the image of my school because you are no longer a student of the school why are you trying to tarnish the good work Fr Edeh has built for standard education,mind you UNICEF never gave Fr founder 80million naira he was the one that gave UNICEF the 80millon naira.i am very positive that while you were hear you learnt many positive things please make use of it well because you can't learn it elsewhere.Also if you don't know what to do with your time and subscription pray ur Jesus the saviour rosary it will help you a lot in life instead of laying false accusations #who ever is not a Madonna student #is that one a student.
#long live Fr founder
#proudly Madonite

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by mariley: 12:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
If nobody talks about you then you are nobody. All this ain't true at all. So quit spreading fake stories.
#I love my school
#Long live prestigious Madonna university

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by yungmarvy: 12:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
aiit...Accordinq to one f my colleaques..if nobody talk bou yu den yu r noboby..one tin ah knw bou madonnites is dat dy r knw for decency in morals,education n wat av we...yhu actinq beyond such standard shows dat yu r nt a REAL madonnite n can NEVER b one.....stop claiminq wat yu dnt knw or evn av d sliqhtest f all knowledqe bou...
ah believe yu r 1 f doz students dat came to madonna n coz f yur improper n neqative behaviourz...yu wer thrown outta d sch...Madonna uni alwayz qive room for chanqe only if yu want to i.e.4rm beinq a wild animal dat you are to d "nicest" person yu cn be...it is a place whr qenius are made...
so on dz note ah wil conclude by sayinq dat Madonna University is a place to be...a place of decency in morals n educatn.a place whr yu wil discover yurself as d qood that is 'MMADI' accordinq to Fr.Edehs philosophy.
#LonqLiveFr.Founder.
#LonqLiveMLSDept.
#LonqLiveMadonnaUniversityNiqeria.
Proudly Madonnite.
#ym

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Omonoba1: 12:54pm On Jun 11, 2017
Lol..The so called Fr Edeh has paid the last 10 posters above me to come defend the indefensible...Ride on boys! grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by mazubix: 1:28pm On Jun 11, 2017
Other universities have rules guiding them and so does Madonna University.
this great institution has been living fr many years now without been known for any of these stories being fabricated. people that have made negative comments are those that have been expelled because of their inability to abide by the rules governing the school. Madonna university is an Institution with a difference. wen u graduate, u ll see dat ur life style bring postive impact to others. "for u to ve ur crown u must suffer nd dis suffering doesnt kill u, it shapes you so dat u ll be proud of who u are in future"...that is what madonna university offers. I am a proud madonnite nd I assure u that all dis stories are fabricated stories.
Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by ize4444: 1:34pm On Jun 11, 2017
I dont kw were you got ur imformation from but al I kw is that am a student of madonna university and av bin here for 4years......all your post ar wrong nd pls stop spoilin d image of my school....
#long live madona university
#long live madonna students..
#long live the great scientist...

2 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by AeonSpiritus: 2:15pm On Jun 11, 2017
A wise man once said "If you can't get something done rightly , don't dare interrupt the courageous man that is doing it better than you".
Oga, I need not tell you that your allegations against my school is not true again, because my colleagues have made that point clear already......... All I have to say is that IF YOU FIND IT DIFFICULT TO STUDY, DONT GO ABOUT SPREADING RUMORS AS WELL AS FALSE ALLEGATIONS AND ALSO DISTRACTING THOSE WHO CAN.
My man I think you should find something better to do for yourself than this......remember an idle man is the devil's workshop.

2 Likes

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by Sandydimsy: 3:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mind you Mr Nobody, my school is not as you have claimed. Madonna university is an institution known for its excellence in education and morals. If u were in my class as u claimed, that means u were not qualified nd thereby screened out during the screening. Madonna university is a school that brings out the best in u both academically nd morally. I have learnt a lot from this prestigious university.
#Long live Father Founder
#Long live Madonna University
#Long live MLS Dept
#Proud Madonnite

1 Like

Re: Madonna University As A Ponzi Scheme In Nigeria by TheVictorious(m): 4:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
Has anybody noticed that the most recent posts on this thread are cheap defenses of Madonna university; without attention to the pertinent questions raised by concerned Nigerians about the institution in this thread or in any other thread or media outlet. Well, I bring to the awareness of all Nairalanders that the accounts bringing up these defenses, which I therefore mention now, just got opened to defend Madonna university:

Sirjay685, Ami44, Sciecosi, Anyama10, Mirano, Scichizzy, Babymaintain, Jeluchi, Mariley, Yungmarvy, Mazubix, Ize4444, AeonSpiritus, Sandydimsy.

There's something seriously wrong that I'm not understanding anymore. Even sirJay685 who defended the school earlier will not come out to answer the pertinent questions raised here. And none of the other are doing the same, since the claim the op hates the school. How about outsiders that have been asking a lot of genuine and honest questions, how about every other posts on Nairaland since 2002 that has raised various concerns.?? Question marks everywhere, @Statsocial please what's your take?

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Philip Okafor: UNIBEN Student Returns A Missing Wallet With Money (Photo) / Pictures Of A Primary School In Nigeria / Michael Okpara University Students Worship God Under Heavy Rain,Photos Go Viral

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.