Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,286 members, 7,815,486 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:10 PM

Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? (41229 Views)

Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria / Igbo Scare: Southern Cameroon Hate For The Igbo Led To Secession From Nigeria / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by laudate: 1:19am On Jul 04, 2017
Jodesky:
Most of the arguments here omit one fundamental, which is Immigration Law. The moment Biafra is created, every person whose origin is rooted in that Biafran geographical entity loses his Nig passport and ceases to be a Nigerian. He must first return to Biafra and then apply to re-enter Nigeria (or whatever is left of that part) vide a valid visa but this time with his Biafran passport.

At that point, the govt of that Nigerian entity may grant or refuse visa. Every country reserves a right to design it's immigration policy the way it desires.

Before you can own property, you will require some measure of work or residence permit, without which you cannot remain in the new Nigerian entity not to talk of owning landed property.

One other reality is that Nigeria may eventually break into multiple parts with each unit havng separate identities and varying immigration policies. Such policies may be skewed against different nationalities but the common denominator is that everyone must first return to their homelands before embarking on processes of regularisation.

This is this the minimum standard in all international border adjustment scenarios.

So, there will naturally be forfeiture of assets not necessarily because of abandoned property issues but principally as a result of immigration restrictions. It's not avoidable but can be managed on individual merits.
Beautiful piece! Ol' boy, collect two chilled bottles and one bowl of nkwobi from Mama Nkiru down the road, and use it to unwind. All the drinks are on me! cool

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by tiger28: 1:20am On Jul 04, 2017
thesicilian:
As a lay person I do not think secession should affect personal property unless the owner decides to leave his property behind and move home. That Biafra is now a separate country does not mean all Igbo's have to leave the North, West or South. I think it is just the barbaric nature of many Nigerians to reap where they do not sow that will make them want to take advantage of the situation to loot and force people out of their own homes.
with the way igbos cursed EVERY tribe Their properties are AUTOMATIC LOSS!

7 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by marv1: 1:26am On Jul 04, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
dont be ridiculous its an agreement with that individual and the govt not between the govt and the biafran govt. what about foreigners owning props in nigeria and vice versa. That apart if i should judge by your story how come the same govt they currently pledge to does not see them worthy enough to give them the said documents
. Take a clue from bakasi and Cameron . Don't we still refugees in crossover till today after loosing their houses and lands to Cameron.

3 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 1:47am On Jul 04, 2017
I hve said it ...the earlier the better..the igbo nation is an unsettled set of people who actually lost their way owing to whatever the British joined them to..the implication of being a Nigeria forever makes a heavy hearth of us who understands how fickle and unbalance this entity is..At any in-eventuality the Igbo Biafran stands to loose...

The earlier the better.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by enemyofprogress: 1:58am On Jul 04, 2017
Dumaknesset:
When I say Igbos don't think things through, you would not believe me, so you have not thought about it, yet you want secession.

I am a lawyer and here is a legal dimension.

First note that all lands in Nigeria by virtue of the Land Use Act, 1978 is owned by the state, federal government and local government accordingly. Developed parts are owned by the state through the state governor, the undeveloped parts are owned by the local government, while those areas acquired by federal government are owned by the Federal government.

Individuals and even corporate organizations are mere tenants to the the real owners, the governments! hence, the issuance of cofo, consent, excision, ratifications et al.

Once a property is abandoned as it will be, when the biafrans bolt, the properties will revert to the real owners that is the state government, local government or federal government vide a legal principle called bona vacantia.

Note the legal principle of quic quid plantatur solo solo cedit, he who owes the land owes what is on it, all the developments on the lands become that of the real owner.

All the biafrans properties will become that of Lagos state government, it will be the largest real estate deal in the world since igbos own 90 percent of real estate in Lagos state and Afonjas only own 0.2 percent of real estate in the east.
God don butter our bread for Yoruba land be dat
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by stagger: 2:03am On Jul 04, 2017
steppins:
We were left stranded with 50 pounds after Biafran war and 50 years later, we're still the richest, smartest and the most successful tribe.
Taking our properties will be a huge loss if it's turns out that way, but we'll make it.
We're survivors...

It was 20 pounds. You don't even know history.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by stagger: 2:06am On Jul 04, 2017
dinggle:
These idiots are bent on holding biafrans to ransom because they know what is to come. So what if Lagos takes the properties of Igbos? What shall it profit a Biafran to allow their children and grand children to suffer in the hands of Nigeria because of properties in the North and West? Biafra will have a system to deal with lost properties as sacrifice paid for Biafra. Yorubas will suffer because tho they go to paper sch they lack creativity, Yoruba Engineer cant produce pencil. There are more yoruba professors in Nigeria but they are useless in production. North is worst dangote and Atiku & co have indians who program the CNC machines in their factories. They always brag they have food but rely on the south to feed their cows...... But go to any Biafran factory.....its all Biafrans from operation of complex CNC machines to packaging. When Biafra finally comes we shall see the resilience of the greatest people in the history of man.

Can you explain to us this so-called system and how it will work?

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by marv1: 2:10am On Jul 04, 2017
Jodesky:

Most of the arguments here omit one fundamental, which is Immigration Law. The moment Biafra is created, every person whose origin is rooted in that Biafran geographical entity loses his Nig passport and ceases to be a Nigerian. He must first return to Biafra and then apply to re-enter Nigeria (or whatever is left of that part) vide a valid visa but this time with his Biafran passport.

At that point, the govt of that Nigerian entity may grant or refuse visa. Every country reserves a right to design it's immigration policy the way it desires.

Before you can own property, you will require some measure of work or residence permit, without which you cannot remain in the new Nigerian entity not to talk of owning landed property.

One other reality is that Nigeria may eventually break into multiple parts with each unit havng separate identities and varying immigration policies. Such policies may be skewed against different nationalities but the common denominator is that everyone must first return to their homelands before embarking on processes of regularisation.

This is this the minimum standard in all international border adjustment scenarios.

So, there will naturally be forfeiture of assets not necessarily because of abandoned property issues but principally as a result of immigration restrictions. It's not avoidable but can be managed on individual merits.

This your argument is very funny and childish. If your argument is valid, it should have been giving to the Bakassi refugees before their land was given to Cameronians.They would not have become refugees in their own land. You better wake up and smell the coffee because what you have said cannot hold water. How can you call a place a Zoo and you still want to live as foreigners as well as keep your properties there in the zoo. What a smart game? No one will accept that from you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 2:31am On Jul 04, 2017
jpphilips:
Secession does not mean war but from history it seems so, when Biafra seceded the first time, it took the Nigerian side two months to declare war on biafra at the point when biafra started converting Nigerian properties, Sudan declared war on the South not immediately after the referendum but when the Pipeline issue arose, after Yugoslavia split, the fate of Serb minorities in break away parts led to the famous Yugoslavian war, Though not quintessential to the subject, I wish to remind you that Pakistan and india have fought over Kashmir region for over 55yrs.India and Pakistan never lived together as a country since their 1947 independence, (just correcting the misinformation you put out there), Republic of Ireland ended in the war of independence to pull out from UK, you are a lawyer right? and you believe in precedence right? here you have it.

Nigeria as the stronger country will definitely make very unreasonable demands from Biafra, biafra will refuse (as any sane person would). war breaks out, Nigeria kills everybody and a united Nigeria continues with the South east a Museum full of war relics, tell your friends to plan with the worst case situation, war, blood and death is the end of that Biafran road. At least that's what history taught us. If you ever think this Biafra will favour igbos then you are not as smart as I thought.

Lies and half-truths.

1. The major conflict in South Sudan now is the civil war. Read what caused it here -- http://www.aljazeera.com/blogs/africa/2017/04/clear-winners-south-sudan-war-170420093525610.html --, and not your dreamy pipeline issue. Rating: LIE.

2. The Yugoslav wars were not primarily because of the fate of the Serbs. It was an inter-ethnic war that had heavy involvement of most of the ethnicities. In fact, most of the wars ended in treaties (meaning no clear winner-takes-all scenario), and the wars ended in 2001 after 10 years. Today all seceding parts are bona fide countries recognized by the International community--Serbia, Montenegro, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, and Macedonia. Rating: HALF TRUTH

3. Pakistan and India is irrelevant to this discourse as both countries broke away and have been apart since then.

The biggest error by the Nigerian side is not realizing the difference between 1967 and 2017, and thinking a civil war today is a foregone conclusion with a Nigerian victory. That is naive and myopic.

War is not won on paper. I am yet to see any intelligent review of a possible war timeline that results in an absolute victory for the Nigerian side. The number of variables are too many and interests too varied, that the blood and death you refer to will be commonplace across all of present Nigeria, not just the SE. Blood and death awaits both the secessionists and the unionists.

It is a classic case of carrying your casket to a war, because you'll either return with it or in it.

Three months ago seemingly frustrated by widespread indifference to the topic, I said that peaceful restructuring was highly unlikely, today it is violent restructuring that is highly unlikely.

Fear-mongering would not quench the call for secession. Only reason and fairness would.

-Lord

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by laudate: 2:44am On Jul 04, 2017
marv1:
This your argument is very funny and childish. If your argument is valid, it should have been giving to the Bakassi refugees before their land was given to Cameronians.They would not have become refugees in their own land. You better wake up and smell the coffee because what you have said cannot hold water. How can you call a place a Zoo and you still want to live as foreigners as well as keep your properties there in the zoo. What a smart game? No one will accept that from you.

Both of you are saying almost the same thing, but viewing the issue from different angles cheesy. He is saying that due to a change in their immigration status, they would be viewed as foreigners and such changes in status, would affect their ability to retain their properties.

You are saying that as foreigners, they should not expect to retain their assets in a country they have split from, and which they have continuously denigrated. Either way, their properties are at stake. Does that make sense?

The only difference is that his post ends on an optimistic note, (where he hopes that property rights could be addressed on a case-by-case basis) while yours' does not.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by LordAdam16: 2:53am On Jul 04, 2017
Dumaknesset:

Remember Bakkassi, we can get your oil if we want to,

No you can't.

but we have more than enough,

No you don't.

the 22 nautical miles to the high sea isn't that far, but it is cross countries for you guys,

No it isn't.

and the abundance of off- shore crude is enough,

No it isn't. If Biafra and NDR go away, the only access to the sea for whoever remains in Nigeria is Lagos. And the off-shore crude in Lagos would not be able to balance your budget.

we have the brains and wherewithal to put you and your oil in disarray.

No you don't? Nigeria would remain a corrupt, inefficient, ineffectual cesspit that would only succeed in putting itself in perpetual disarray.

-Lord

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by tiger28: 3:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Dumaknesset:

You are not a bright fellow, the bulb upstairs is blown off, how can dunce mean the same thing as silly. How can a report be daft, who gave a report. I see you are emotional mess, your cogitation is in shaky and uncordinated spasm. You will be foaming in the mouth already mealy mouth numbskull. You will now be irrational, cranky, shifty and angry. Men? truth hurts fools, it can drive them over the bend. I encountered a rare fool today, the hue of it is dim colour certainly because the light up there is gone.
DAMN!!!!!!This dude is just.....SAVAGE!!!

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by henryhemon(m): 3:10am On Jul 04, 2017
jpphilips:

You don't need anyone to tell you, go to PH, from Lagos Bus stop to Tourist Beach, every landlord there is either Okirika or Kalabari, in 1967, they were all igbos. Who knows, the Yorubas will be the biggest beneficiaries of this current agitation, I envy them really!!
Every 50yrs, the igbo man will commit political suicide and blame others for his woes!!
Ordinary Nnamdi kanu who is still living in his father's house is now the Trumpet to decide the fate of igbos with properties littered everywhere, Nnamdi kanu whose village does not produce palm oil will decide the fate of Niger delta crude oil, just imagine the insult and disgrace that lvnatic is bringing upon igbos.

Hahaha I'm sure my Igbo brothers and sisters will be shivering after reading through your posts same thing I have been telling my family members and friends who care to listen, only fools wouldn't know being in Nigeria is far much better than Biafra anyway I'm sure it's very few clowns who know nothing that shout Biafra.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by IamEvans: 3:12am On Jul 04, 2017
kernel505:

I should be asking you the school that graduated you. In the eventual, Biafra secedes, There will be lots of Job lost, high level of unemployment considering the fact that they own the commerce of Nigeria.

What happened to property development during Nigeria/Biafra war in the West, lots of properties where developed because of ceased fund of the Igbos and high oil price, today poverty has ravaged them to brown roofs.

Igbos are the highest property developers in Nigeria, and rent high cost property too.
The IGR of your states will drop.

Without the help of government, we've developed East wonderfully... The least rent for a flat is 250k ask if you want, why Ibadan is 100k.

Even before I left Ibadan in 2013, my 2-bedroom apartment was 300k. Where do you guys get your stats from? Crazy!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by xelly: 4:17am On Jul 04, 2017
I have read most comments and I can say that they are geared towards scaring people from the support of self actualisation. I want to state here that on the negotiation table, not only separation will be discussed. Economic ties, ownership and relationship will be discussed. Foreigner owe land and properties in Nigeria. CofO wasn't issued between countries but individual not of a country but of occupant of a property.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Mbediogu(m): 4:26am On Jul 04, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
yes and no. No if you have valid documents eg. C of O. Yes if that c of o gets revoked. As a simple rule states in the north and all over the sw do not give igbos c of o. Cos of fear of paying compensation to igbos. The big questios still remains why do we igbos foolishly keep building and putting landed properties outside our zones. Emeka built one room dem no give am ifeanyi built four rooms them no give am now chinedu come go build four deckings is that not foolishness igbo ewu nu - ojukw

I know of three Igbos who lost their houses with all valid documents here in Makurdi. One of them is a medical doctor. Because he had valid papers, he pursued his case up to Supreme court but was frustrated by a certain infamous Tivi judge then in supreme court. The doctor sold off his other house and relocated to his home state of Abia, and started afresh after spending almost 20 years here I'm Makurdi. There is no place like home.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Ewedegubbler: 4:35am On Jul 04, 2017
We need to look tru history to understand the foolishness of sequestrating peoples investments out of malice and hate.
Before the Jewish state was pronounced in 1948, The jews like the Igbos of Nigeria had become Europe's famous boogey men blamed for every thing wrong with the society, It peaked with the final solution which saw 6 million of them wiped out and properties worth billions of dollars were stolen or seized from them. Fast forward it to 2017 and you dont need to be told that the Jews since then have overtaken everyone to become the richest and the most progressive race in the world because they can now do everything for themselves unhindered by hate and malice from anyone. Another example close home is the Mugabe madness in Zimbabwe that saw them forcefully evict the whitemen from their lands, murdered, plundered their lands and chased them into South Africa and other places, Fast forward it and you will see what became of Zimbabwe, from the food basket of southern Africa and the most educated into a basket case whose nationals are best used now as waiters and househelps while the whites who were driven away thrived and became even wealthier. Another example is Detroit in USA, When the companies left they left all the infrastructure for the Michigan people and if you wana see the meaning of and infrastructural desert then take a trip to that drug ravaged city.

Lessons learned from all these shows that cities dont build people but rather the people build the cities. The jews left for their homeland with nothing but their brains, The whites left Zimbabwe with nothing but their know hows and the companies left Detroit with the same. If the Igbo secedes and the Nigerian government decide to foolishly tow the same part of dishonor they will will have history against them and will see what an unhindered and uninhibited human capital can do for a people. As for the Igboman who went to those lands empty handed and acquired all those, I say, 'stop being intimidated by those words from the Tobiah's and Sanbalats of Nigeria, You have a better chance of acquiring a hundred fold in a land of your own where institutionalised marginalisation won't hold you down...

Its high time the blackman shuns indolence and malice, and embrace hard work intellectual advancement... The earlier the better..

3 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Flashmove: 4:37am On Jul 04, 2017
Why will an insane man value property than his freedom Its better for me to be a poor man and enjoys freedom than to be a rich man living with an oxygen

Some Igbo people are living with an oxygen in The North. Forget your properties and come home. Your own is your own and our own (Nigeria) is not yours, it belongs to both bad and good ones.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Ewedegubbler: 4:42am On Jul 04, 2017
henryhemon:

Hahaha I'm sure my Igbo brothers and sisters will be shivering after reading through your posts same thing I have been telling my family members and friends who care to listen, only fools wouldn't know being in Nigeria is far much better than Biafra anyway I'm sure it's very few clowns who know nothing that shout Biafra.

Stop making a mess of yourself 'Mr malicious blackman' If the Igbos could have overtaken you in your land from the 20 pounds Awo gave them, even tho the government made subjugation of the Igbos a state policy and yet they still thrived. Why would an Igboman be scared of of living in his own country where he will not be hindered by indolence and mischievous bile filled twerps like you? I have lands in Abuja and will gladly give it up for an Independent Biafra where i know the future of my posterity is brighter than what is obtainable in this 'Land of Mordor' called Nigeria...
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Afamed: 4:57am On Jul 04, 2017
jpphilips:
Does stvpidity make one to lose his money? Why didn't you ask Nnamdi kanu that question before shouting "Biafra or i die"
What do you expect, their dilector thinks on their behalf.

2 Likes

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by henryhemon(m): 5:14am On Jul 04, 2017
Ewedegubbler:

Stop making a mess of yourself 'Mr malicious blackman' If the Igbos could have overtaken you in your land from the 20 pounds Awo gave them, even tho the government made subjugation of the Igbos a state policy and yet they still thrived. Why would an Igboman be scared of of living in his own country where he will not be hindered by indolence and mischievous bile filled twerps like you? I have lands in Abuja and will gladly give it up for an Independent Biafra where i know the future of my posterity is brighter than what is obtainable in this 'Land of Mordor' called Nigeria...

�� braggards online. You think every one makes noise like you Whatever makes you feel good though. Let me ask you why r u in Abuja and don't want to go back to the East?? You left the east that is a land full of milk n honeyto acquire land in Abj??So anyone that oppose Biafra is a Yoruba man?? Like I said suit yourself.

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by DickDastardly2(m): 5:16am On Jul 04, 2017
fulanmafia:
IDEALLY No, but with the uncivil approach to secession adopted by IPOB characterized by threats, insults and blackmail targeted at the North, you can be sure that there will be no happy separation with smiling faces or any bi-lateral agreements between the parties concerned.
l am an igbo man but this here is the truth. I only wish fellow Nigerians will recognize the big difference between ipob and igbos

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Nobody: 5:19am On Jul 04, 2017
KahlDrogo:
Brother, preach!!

They've been pestering everyone, screaming they want out. Now they have their best opportunity to leave and all we are getting are reasons why they can't leave. So I ask, what was all the noise about in the first place?

They are no. 1 chest beaters and no. 1 cowards. They can manipulate their way with emotion-laden rhetorics too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by Pylony(m): 5:22am On Jul 04, 2017
jpphilips:

Has it occurred to you that Nigeria can change their land use act anytime? You have to plan with the worse case scenario not assuming your adversary will show mercy at some point, if Nigeria makes property ownership a "citizen right" what are you supposed to do about that?
Taiwan did it to China, in fact, they just increased the Chinese quota of land ownership recently because china has installed a stooge in Taiwan, the problem most of you pro Biafrans have is that you subscribe to cable TV and end up watching just African Magic, you subscribe to the internet and end up watching p0rn with it.
if you have a clue the end of that biafran road, you will never dream of it. By the way, just because igbos left their properties for three years,
Niger delta seized all of them, what have you done about that? Abandoned property is an abandoned destiny, continue abandoning your destiny everywhere!!
Tell them becos from all indications they want to eat their cakes and still have it.
You can't have one leg in Nigeria and the other in the Republic of Biabia. To my Ipod frnds, you're either in Nigeria or you belong on the other side of the fence, it will be good if they go learn a thing or two from our African brothers from southern Sudan if they still claim their piece of lands in the North of that country.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by PastorAji(m): 5:27am On Jul 04, 2017
Ogalanyachieze:
dont be ridiculous its an agreement with that individual and the govt not between the govt and the biafran govt. what about foreigners owning props in nigeria and vice versa. That apart if i should judge by your story how come the same govt they currently pledge to does not see them worthy enough to give them the said documents
i work with an indian coy here in agbara. despite the fact that they have cofo, they always thread carefully because any fvvck up Ogun State through OPIC will seize the land

1 Like

Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by deept(m): 5:41am On Jul 04, 2017
dataking:

You were making sense initially but then your dumbness later manifested. Igbos own 90% real estate?? How did you graduate law school. Well i can pardon your blunder since lawyers arent good in maths and statistics. Nonsense

Come on, did you read through the thread, he only being sarcastic replying to someone.
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by InvertedHammer: 5:42am On Jul 04, 2017
emmadejust:
Hello nairalanders.

There is an arguement between my guy on, if a particular part in a country should decide or agree to succeed out from their original country.
That all individual property owned by people of other separatist will be lost to citizens of the other state/country.

My question is, does succession make legal property owned by individual lost because he/she is no more part of the other separatist country ?

Your detail analysis please

@ lalasticala
/

Can a Nigerian own a house or any property outside of Nigeria?

Can a citizen of one country live and invest in another country?

Do Nigerians need visa to go to Cameroun, Niger or Ghana?

The answers to these questions will guide you. We tend to make otherwise simple things very complicated.

\
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by abbeyty(m): 5:44am On Jul 04, 2017
Well, if they are going to start from the Scratch as some people are saying at least they will also be building a better future for their kids which i think is better than glue with hopeless NIgeria
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by attackgat: 5:51am On Jul 04, 2017
Only a very stupid person will place property and assets above the freedom and sovereignty of his own people
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by 99100(m): 5:57am On Jul 04, 2017
Nothing good comes easy.
It will surely come at a cost ..... but are you saying Nigeria citizens dont have similar properties oversees ? I rest my case.
In biafra we stand..
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by unmask: 6:06am On Jul 04, 2017
GrandGarcon:
It is very easy to solve this problem, simply put it in control of reputable banks, as in something like mortgage, the banks will represent you, and collect their share, if any fool wants to take it then they should deal with the bank, if they do anything funny, remember they have branches in Biafra, so the Biafran government will fine them or simply nationalize the bank. It is very easy.
this will even worsen it sef......you have just dropped your property with the cbn
Re: Does Secession From A Country Make an Individual Lose His Personal Property? by emerged01(m): 6:07am On Jul 04, 2017
Hmm,calling Nigeria zoo will backfire if Igbo eventually get their Biafra. You can't own properties in a country you called zoo and you expect the people you called animals to help you protect your properties. Surely,no couple separate peacefully. Before separation comes in between couples,hatred comes first,then lead to violence,then break up. And bitterness continues to grow thereafter,except there's divine intervention,"reconciliation". Bitterness will surely grow after Igbo get their Biafra and this will make Igbo will lose everything they have labored for.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (18) (Reply)

Governor El-Rufai Controlling Traffic On Kaduna-Zaria Road (Video) / NYSC Presents Court With Documents To Prove Certificate Forgery By Peter Mbah / Dino Melaye And Others PDP Members Rocks Atiku Agbada (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.