Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,063 members, 7,814,660 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:08 PM

Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos (36998 Views)

Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament / Bukola Saraki Not Licensed To Practice Medicine In UK - General Medical Council / I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by seunmsg(m): 9:05am On Jun 09, 2017
DrGoodman:

And the bitter souls of Afonjaland comes to rubbish her? grin
IgboticGirl:

bitter soul

we still have Chude another igbos contesting

u guys will cry very well

PenisCaP:

Ok o..
But ur comment smells tribalism.
BBecause u didnt even type a word to celebrate this one first..
u rather mentioned another one undecided

I really don't understand why you guys are so angry that another Nigerian also won a seat in the UK Parliament. Can't we celebrate all of them together without these tribalistic attacks?

Chinyelu "Chi" Onwurah and Kemi Adegoke Badenoch are both worthy of celebration, we should celebrate them without tribalising the thread.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Ogashub(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2017
She now regarded as British born Nigeria because she won something good if na crime they will say a Nigeria woman based in Britain
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Nobody: 9:06am On Jun 09, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Igbooo kwenu grin

She's not igbo.. don't start
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by vengertime: 9:06am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:
Kemi Badenoch, Nigerian born British also won her election as MP.
everything na competition to you Afonjas, why?

18 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by hollowpot15684(m): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2017
good.
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ephi321(f): 9:06am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

I really don't understand why you guys are so angry that another Nigerian also won a seat in the UK Parliament. Can't we celebrate all of them together without these tribalistic attacks?

Chinyelu "Chi" Onwurah and Kemi Adegoke Badenoch are both worthy of celebration, we should celebrate them without tribalising the thread.

Then create your own thread and celebrate Kemi as well, it's never too much to have many positive threads - especially when there is seldom anything to celebrate about Nigeria these days. Stop being petty and derailing the direction of the conversation. Not nice.

17 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Lilimax(f): 9:08am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

True! They are both Nigerians and should be celebrated. smiley
Nigerians in diaspora are doing us proud whereas Nairalanders youths are killing themselves with tribalism,
ethnicity and religious differences. embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by seunmsg(m): 9:08am On Jun 09, 2017
ephi321:

Wow, you are so insecure! Kemi has always done well in British politics for years, this lady here is new to the scene, what's wrong in celebrating her without someone like you trying to bring her down?

What's wrong with my post and how did I bring her down? I don't get why you guys are angry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by IhatesIGBOS: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2017
DrGoodman:

Transfer my land I bought to the south esst, then calculate how much oil revenue from Abia and Imo states was used to develop Lagos, transfer the billions to Igboland and see me leave tomorrow. grin
You're very greedy.why will you leave your land and live in another man's land.
YOU'RE GREEDY
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by darkckUSA: 9:09am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:
Kemi Badenoch, Nigerian born British also won her election as MP.

Is this about tribal achievement? You are a stinking bigot.

17 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ephi321(f): 9:09am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

What's wrong with my post? I don't get why you guys are angry.

Because people can clearly see what you are trying to do. It reeks of insecurity. Yep.

24 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by hollowpot15684(m): 9:10am On Jun 09, 2017
good
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by DrGoodman: 9:10am On Jun 09, 2017
IhatesIGBOS:
You're very greedy.why will you leave your land and live in another man's land.
YOU'RE GREEDY

Why did yorubas get work in oil companies in Port harcourt? THEY ARE GREEDY!

11 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by DrGoodman: 9:12am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

Create your own topic for the afonja lady, stop doing attachee by force grin

13 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Cherez: 9:14am On Jun 09, 2017
PenisCaP:

Ok o..
But ur comment smells tribalism.
Because e u didnt even type a word to celebrate this one first..
u rather mentioned another one undecided
Guys, let's have our minds opened.
There's nothing wrong with posting the feat of a fellow Nigerian. One can even post a Ghanian's to celebrate Africa here.
Nwanne gbaa duu naaaaaaaaaa, O gini Di?

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by KennyID17(m): 9:15am On Jun 09, 2017
A thread to celebrate a Nigerian has been hijacked and turned into a tribal battlefield.

Smh undecided embarassed
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by PenisCaP: 9:15am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

"Practise wat u preach".. very very important.

6 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by gofnor(m): 9:16am On Jun 09, 2017
Welldone my sister
PrettyCrystal:
Congratulations are in order for British-Born Nigerian, Chinyelu "Chi" Onwurah who won first seat of the night at Newcastle Central. Newcastle has become the first general election constituency to declare, with Labour's candidate Chi Onwurah holding the seat.

It beat Houghton and Sunderland South, which has been the fastest to declare for the past six elections.

Newcastle Central declared at 11pm, just an hour after polling stations closed.

Labour's candidate Onwurah won 24,071 votes, comfortably beating the Tory candidate Steve Kyte who had 9,134 votes.

Nick Cott, the Liberal Democrat candidate, secured 1,812 votes and David Muat, the Ukip candidate, won 1,482 votes. The Green candidate Peter Thomson won 595 votes.

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/chi-onwurah-wins-first-seat-newcastle-central.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by PenisCaP: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2017
Cherez:

Guys, let's have our minds opened.
There's nothing wrong with posting the feat of a fellow Nigerian. One can even post a Ghanian's to celebrate Africa here.
Nwanne gbaa duu naaaaaaaaaa, O gini Di?

Egbon!!..Speakin igbo doesnt mean u are igbo.
Well read go back and read my post again.

Ur yoruba brother neva mentioned a word of praise to celebrate the person in question rather he quickly mentioned another yr yoruba brother.
And u telling me its not tribalism. undecided
If this person were yoruba would she hav mentioned that igbo person won it too?.

Dont sweep away the truth.

14 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by dee02(m): 9:20am On Jun 09, 2017
pyyxxaro:
Igbooo kwenu grin

She doesnt know that, trust me! grin
Famzer

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by coptic: 9:20am On Jun 09, 2017
You will never hear Aminu Abubakar wins....

Whenever the Hausa/Fulani is mentioned, you can rest assured that violence is involved.

3 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by seunmsg(m): 9:21am On Jun 09, 2017
ephi321:

Then create your own thread and celebrate Kemi as well, it's never too much to have many positive threads - especially when there is seldom anything to celebrate about Nigeria these days. Stop being petty and derailing the direction of the conversation. Not nice.

It is really not nice when we attack innocent post out of insecurity and tribalism. Two ladies achieved similar feat and I decided to also mention the achievement of the unmentioned one on the same thread celebrating the other so that lots of people can also read and draw inspiration from her.

I didn't condemn or attack Chinyelu "Chi" Onwurah in anyway but you guys keep attacking me. Why are you people like this? It appears you guys are angry that another Nigerian of Yoruba ancestry also won election in the UK and that is really very unfortunate.

7 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Godfidence: 9:21am On Jun 09, 2017
Nne5:

Must everything be competition?
No. But you just made it seem like one. angry undecided
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by SeniorZato(m): 9:23am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

No. You have a problem with my comment? Though the thread is about celebrating Nigerians that won election into UK Parliament.
Please don't mind him. We Nigerians are too controversial

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Datti Baba-ahmed Votes In Kaduna / Ex-Abdulrasheed Maina Arrives Court In Wheelchair For Trial - PHOTO / Shekau’s ‘death’, Credit To Jonathan’s Govt. DAILY TIMES.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.