Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,361 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:14 AM

Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos (36989 Views)

Chi Onwurah: A Nigerian Wins In UK Election As Member Of Parliament / Bukola Saraki Not Licensed To Practice Medicine In UK - General Medical Council / I Am Not Nigerian; I Am British- Chi Onwurah After Told Of Buhari's Aide Message (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Mcowubaba: 9:53am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

What's wrong with my post and how did I bring her down? I don't get why you guys are angry.

You're a bloody hypocrite..
Oh gosh...

Assuming it was a drug dealer (who bears an Igbo name) that was Caught, will you also bring up the names of criminals bearing Yoruba names undecided
Aren't the all NIGERIANS undecided

You can only keep deceiving yourself and your fellow gullible bigots

You're a certified popular Bigot, we all know that already, stop deceiving yourself
grin grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Mcowubaba: 9:58am On Jun 09, 2017
Saintp:

As a liberal minded person, I do not see anything wrong with your initial post. However, Nairaland is now a breeding ground of tribalists and there is suspicions everywhere.
Besides, judging from your Past posts on this platform, I also do not blame those who suspect you of tribalism.
Since we have sunk so low as a people to point missiles at each other, it is important to weigh your comments in a tribalistic edged filled country. Your intentions this time may be genuine but you spoilt it by not congratulating the woman first before bringing in another person into the equation.
Oga, that denegrate you quoted is a bloody bigot and hypocrite..
He never means well..
I know him...
Take him seriously at your own peril...
He is a chronic Igbo hater....

Something is always wrong with his post, he is far from being liberal...
Forget that tribalistic APE

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Nne5: 10:00am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

It is really not nice when we attack innocent post out of insecurity and tribalism. Two ladies achieved similar feat and I decided to also mention the achievement of the unmentioned one on the same thread celebrating the other so that lots of people can also read and draw inspiration from her.

I didn't condemn or attack Chinyelu "Chi" Onwurah in anyway but you guys keep attacking me. Why are you people like this? It appears you guys are angry that another Nigerian of Yoruba ancestry also won election in the UK and that is really very unfortunate.
Nobody 'attacked' you because you condemned chi onwurah but because of the veiled tribalism in your post.The bolded says much about your mentality.And it's confirmed who you really are.

And please stop feigning ignorance.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ogastone(m): 10:04am On Jun 09, 2017
shocked
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by LadyJasper: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2017
Nne5:

Nobody 'attacked' you because you condemned chi onwurah but because of the veiled tribalism in your post.The bolded says much about your mentality.And it's confirmed who you really are.

And please stop feigning ignorance.

Spot on! He wanted to play a fast one on our intelligence, not even a single word of commendation to Chi Onwurah before mentioning the feat of the other lady. That was what immediately gave him out. I can't stop laughing out loud, where are we going in this country? Even the youths too? We are truly in trouble!

3 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Lloydfolarin: 10:05am On Jun 09, 2017
Saintp:

As a liberal minded person, I do not see anything wrong with your initial post. However, Nairaland is now a breeding ground of tribalists and there is suspicions everywhere.
Besides, judging from your Past posts on this platform, I also do not blame those who suspect you of tribalism.
Since we have sunk so low as a people to point missiles at each other, it is important to weigh your comments in a tribalistic edged filled country. Your intentions this time may be genuine but you spoilt it by not congratulating the woman first before bringing in another person into the equation.

I won't attack your post cos i guess you are genuinely trying to be neautral.

The idiot claiming that it was wrong for him to celebrate another Nigeria is nothing but a useless bigot.

Where is the rule that says that nobody should celebrate another tribe in a thread where another tribe is being celebrated?

It's a tradition and norm here when a tribe(Yoruba and Igbo) celebrates the achievement of their kinsmen in diaspora, the other tribe usually throw their own similar achievements.

Let's call a spade a spade.

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by DAVECENA(m): 10:06am On Jun 09, 2017
ephi321:

Wow, you are so insecure! Kemi has always done well in British politics for years, this lady here is new to the scene, what's wrong in celebrating her without someone like you trying to bring her down?

She ain't new to the scene dude. This will be her second term as an Mp.....
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Alech101(m): 10:07am On Jun 09, 2017
congrats to her...
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ephi321(f): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2017
DAVECENA:

She ain't new to the scene dude. This will be her second term as an Mp.....

I'm not a dude, but thanks anyway for pointing out it's her second term. I had known of Kemi but never heard of this lady.
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by GuntersChain(m): 10:09am On Jun 09, 2017
A system were things works for the better, not were great grand fathers are sworn in as an ambassador or judged by your ethnicity, religious belief.

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by cohug: 10:12am On Jun 09, 2017
Thank you for making Nigeria proud. May God help and direct your as you grab that seat.
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by abmarine(m): 10:18am On Jun 09, 2017
Good
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by naijamafioso: 10:25am On Jun 09, 2017
PenisCaP:
Nice one!... it can only be igbo.
Shioor! continue boasting of another persons glory. how does that translate to your own personal progress? Will they share you from it?
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ProfDumbledor(m): 10:25am On Jun 09, 2017
Chuka Umunna also got re-elected.
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Lloydfolarin: 10:32am On Jun 09, 2017
LadyJasper:

Spot on! He wanted to play a fast one on our intelligence, not even a single word of commendation to Chi Onwurah before mentioning the feat of the other lady. That was what immediately gave him out. I can't stop laughing out loud, where are we going in this country? Even the youths too? We are truly in trouble!

It's appalling, nauseating and disgraceful to see how tribalism has eaten deep into you guys from the East.

Why does he need to commend Chi Onwurah before mentioning another similar achievement of a Nigerian?

If the person he mentioned was an Igbo man or woman on this thread, I am 100% sure that you bigots wouldn't have attacked him?

You Igbos are nothing but bigots who only thrives on sadism.

You guys are naturally hate-personified.

And let me burst your bubbles by informing you that there another Yoruba MP who won her seat back in house of common.

Fiona Onasanya represents Peterborough constituency. Now kill yourself

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ayindejimmy(m): 10:33am On Jun 09, 2017
Nne5:
Must everything be competition?
Now, you're the one sayin it's a competition I wasn't thinking that lane until now

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Lloydfolarin: 10:35am On Jun 09, 2017
Fiona Onasanya won her seat to represent her constituency in house of common.

Fiona Onasanya-Yoruba daughter represents Peterborough constituency.

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ayindejimmy(m): 10:37am On Jun 09, 2017
ephi321:

Wow, you are so insecure! Kemi has always done well in British politics for years, this lady here is new to the scene, what's wrong in celebrating her without someone like you trying to bring her down?

The guy didn't really make any derogatory statement about Chinenye 'chi' . Can you please enlighten us how he's bringing her down.
Let's not bring our local division into UK's politics, please

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by CarlosTheJackal: 10:39am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

It is really not nice when we attack innocent post out of insecurity and tribalism. Two ladies achieved similar feat and I decided to also mention the achievement of the unmentioned one on the same thread celebrating the other so that lots of people can also read and draw inspiration from her.

I didn't condemn or attack Chinyelu "Chi" Onwurah in anyway but you guys keep attacking me. Why are you people like this? It appears you guys are angry that another Nigerian of Yoruba ancestry also won election in the UK and that is really very unfortunate.
You should be ashamed of yourself for turning this thread into tribal war

I pray for your kids because of the hate you are imbibing in their life

2 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ephi321(f): 10:41am On Jun 09, 2017
ayindejimmy:

The guy didn't really make any derogatory statement about Chinenye 'chi' . Can you please enlighten us how he's bringing her down.
Let's not bring our local division into UK's politics, please

UK politics does not even need Nigerians' inputs in any way, so that statement is irrelevant.

As to your question, he was trying to undermine Chi by not even acknowledging her achievement but rather going ahead to mention someone else who has done the same thing -- in other words trying to emphasize there is nothing new in what she achieved.

4 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Nobody: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2017
Congrats to all Nigerians in diaspora making us proud.
The high rate of hatred and ethnic prejudice against one another is becoming alarming.If we youth have this mentality,what is the way forward for Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Sgwash: 10:50am On Jun 09, 2017
YorubaNigga:
Developing another man's land after failing to develop yours
At least u believe they are doing some "developing"
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by LadyJasper: 10:53am On Jun 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

It's appalling, nauseating and disgraceful to see how tribalism has eaten deep into you guys from the East.

Why does he need to commend Chi Onwurah before mentioning another similar achievement of a Nigerian?

If the person he mentioned was an Igbo man or woman on this thread, I am 100% sure that you bigots wouldn't have attacked him?

And let me burst your bubbles by informing you that there another Yoruba MP who won her seat back in house of common.

#sighs# There's really no hope, is there? Did I even mention my ethnic group at all? My comment was only towards the stunt pulled in an earlier comment by one of the commentators who I maintain ought to have first all commended who was being celebrated in the thread before drawing our attention towards other Nigerians who have also achieved similar feat. He simply made it seem like it is a competition between ethnic groups especially where it is in a foreign land. Don't face me with your ethnic discrimination nonsense, I'm the least person interested in such time wasting and non-productive discussions. I don't encourage it neither do I condone it. Thank you for your understanding. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ayindejimmy(m): 10:54am On Jun 09, 2017
ephi321:

UK politics does not even need Nigerians' inputs in any way, so that statement is irrelevant.

As to your question, he was trying to undermine Chi by not even acknowledging her achievement but rather going ahead to mention someone else who has done the same thing -- in other words trying to emphasize there is nothing new in what she achieved.

fair enough ...thats your interpretation
UK politics doesn't need Nigeria's input but it needs Nigerians input
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ephi321(f): 11:02am On Jun 09, 2017
ayindejimmy:

fair enough ...thats your interpretation
UK politics doesn't need Nigeria's input but it needs Nigerians input

yes it is, I am open towards a different interpretation but his historical posts do not help him in any way.

UK Politics doesn't need Nigeria or Nigerians' inputs in any way. We have absolutely nothing to offer basically. Britain and the West can influence Nigerian politics but never ever the case vice versa.

Most of these people of Nigerian origin who are in politics there are already British citizens, so they are considered Brits and not Nigerians.
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by Nobody: 11:02am On Jun 09, 2017
Lloydfolarin:

Oga shataap. Stop playing the victim card here. The issue at hand is that the person at hand is a known tribal bigot and an ethnic jingoist. Go through his comments.

Case at hand. If it were to be an Igbo criminal, will he also bring the names of Yoruba ritualist to the thread? Stop feigning stupid ignorance.

It would even have been better if he was like "Wow... Congrats to her. Another Nigerian also won and her name is....." You get the drift?

But me and you know that his comment was made to berate the win by the "IGBO" woman because for him "A YORUBA WOMAN ALSO WON. SO NO BIGGIE IN AN IGBO WOMAN WINNING TOO." If you want, continue wallowing in your imposed ignorance.

We Careless!

5 Likes

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by intruxive(m): 11:07am On Jun 09, 2017
seunmsg:

I really don't understand why you guys are so angry that another Nigerian also won a seat in the UK Parliament. Can't we celebrate all of them together without these tribalistic attacks?

Chinyelu "Chi" Onwurah and Kemi Adegoke Badenoch are both worthy of celebration, we should celebrate them without tribalising the thread.

When we told you they are children of hate, u tot we were just talking ba?
They wanted to use the thread to masturbate and insult others but you broke their heart by making them realize thr is nothing special in what was achieved so they have nothing but hate for you ma nigga, sorry thats how they roll. See why aboki is evicting them

1 Like

Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by justmenoni: 11:07am On Jun 09, 2017
Op, what's British born Nigerian?
Re: Chi Onwurah Wins Seat At The UK General Election. Photos by ayindejimmy(m): 11:27am On Jun 09, 2017
ephi321:

yes it is, I am open towards a different interpretation but his historical posts do not help him in any way.

UK Politics doesn't need Nigeria or Nigerians' inputs in any way. We have absolutely nothing to offer basically. Britain and the West can influence Nigerian politics but never ever the case vice versa.

Most of these people of Nigerian origin who are in politics there are already British citizens, so they are considered Brits and not Nigerians.

Never underestimate how strong your root can be .
Antony Joshua is regarded as a Brit by the English media but he refers to himself as Nigerian.
Also my English cousin who's white.
Its a thing of the mind

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Women Reject Money Given To Them To Vote For A Political Party In Anambra (video / Governor Ambode Commissions A New Bus Terminal At TBS, Lagos (See Photos) / Is Millkin Hill Enugu The Most Beautiful Road In Nigeria? (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.