Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,119 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) (49945 Views)

Gabe Okoye Runs For US Senate (Photos) / Patrick Obahiagbon Picks APC Nomination Form For Senate (Photos) / Impeach Buhari: Court Orders National Assembly To Begin Process (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by Jabioro: 3:35pm On Jun 10, 2017
Kogi wanted to make new history in politics.. I don't think, we never recalled any elected fellow.. let Dino be serve..
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by Xeedorf: 3:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
Bourdillon Witch dey beside Dino
omode bu iroko, onwo eyin, komo wipe......... OMI GBE L'EYI EJA DINO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by prodiga: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
lol waste of time

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by Greatbee: 3:38pm On Jun 10, 2017
FagsamPHP:
The truth is 70% of this 8th assembly senators wouldn't have been in the house if the election was held on another day, most of them only rode on the popularity of Buhari back then to win their sits because all people were after then was to vote anything APC on the day of the election which was same with Presidential election... I don't see most of them returning to the house come 2019
this is the plain and undiluted truth... in 2015, for northern states, once you join the sai baba movement, you know you are going to win. except for a few unlucky ones like mama taraba and the gombe guy. lets see how 2019 will play out. If I'd known I I'd have contested sef... grin
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by ilems(m): 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dino Polled 41,120 votes in the election that ushered him in as a Senator.

I bet you with less than 5 billion he's out.You know our politicians can decide to waste such a huge amount to play politics of spite and hatred.

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by anyebedgreat: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2017
henerog2:
Dino vs S R, now Dino vs Kogi state government... ok o
Dino vs Tinubu dey run for background.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by Easybitcoinair: 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2017
I have bitcoin @ 350/$
just DM me on whatsapp 070-654-08361
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by HAH: 3:47pm On Jun 10, 2017
ilems:
Dino Polled 41,120 votes in the election that ushered him in as a Senator.

I bet you with less than 5 billion he's out.You know our politicians can decide to waste such a huge amount to play politics of spite and hatred.

the constitution did not say those that voted for you but signatures of 50+1% of registered voters, not even those with pvc including those who don't, and the signatures will be verified to be sure they are real. So recalling him is like an elephant passing through an ant hole
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by greymiles: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
grin Another failed attempt to foil God's plan on his annoited and chosen one cheesy
I wonder how u ipov reason. You use Gods name stupidly. How do you know it's God's plan or not.

I pray God punish you severely for this blasphemy
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by greymiles: 3:48pm On Jun 10, 2017
OZAOEKPE:
grin Another failed attempt to foil God's plan on his annoited and chosen one cheesy
I wonder how u ipov reason. You use Gods name stupidly. How do you know it's God's plan or not.

I pray God punish you severely for this blasphemy
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by elderhimself(m): 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2017
They should not waste their time coz such things doesnt work in Nigeria.
Recalling a Senator??.....Naaaaaahhhhh

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by bkool7(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2017
abu12:
they can only start it, but they cant finish it.

its not easy to recall a senator in nigeria, going by inec law. it will be difficult to get 51% of voters who vote him in each polling unit of his constituent, to come and vote him out again.

Getting the % is not the issue here.
Get can get that with the support of the state government .
The issue is that they have to take the signatures to the Senate to notify it that they have lost confidence in Dino .While the Senate will subsequently forward it to inec .
This Senate will just be dribbling them till they're exhausted .
Till happened when Senator Mantu's constituents got the signature to recall him . When they got to the then Senate , the Senate President just kept avoiding them till those people got tired

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by madjune(m): 3:56pm On Jun 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:
I even wonder what Kogi West Senatorial zone saw in that pig in the first place.

Dont blame them.

Like most people, they thought anyone with a loud mouth has a loud heart or brain.
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by CarlosTheJackal: 4:03pm On Jun 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:
I even wonder what Kogi West Senatorial zone saw in that pig in the first place.
Yhe same thing the idiots saw in that useless vegetable gasping for life in London grin

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by LordVoldemort(m): 4:07pm On Jun 10, 2017
abu12:
they can only start it, but they cant finish it.

its not easy to recall a senator in nigeria, going by inec law. it will be difficult to get 51% of voters who vote him in each polling unit of his constituent, to come and vote him out again.

Atleast let them try.

I pray they are successful in their quest because it will send a strong message to the senators. If you don't perform what happened to Dino will happen to you.

And you know we Nigerians once something start to trend it will be the trend

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
ChangeIsCostant:
Some indigenes of Odo Ape have said they no longer want want Senator Dino Melaye as their representative. They have begun the process of trying to recall the federal lawmaker representing Kogi West senatorial zone. See photos of the process.

Some of them claimed the lawmaker was not performing and that they were tired of “continuous embarrassment” he was causing them.

Meanwhile, senator Dino Melaye, has reacted by accusing the State Governor, Yahaya Bello of being behind the whole thing. He wrote on his Facebook page.

"Yahaya Bello: on recall of Dino Melaye,he is shooting the Moon and boxing the air. Spending over one billion naira tax payers money on an unproductive venture when salaries and pensions have not been paid is wicked. I will continue to defend the poor and defenseless masses of kogi state. If I die I die. We must rescue the state. - Sen Dino Melaye"

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/06/dino-melayes-constituents-begin-process-to-recall-him-from-the-senate.html

Dino better take it serious, I knew his situation was precarious when Jide Kolade Otitoju said it on journalist hangout that he did not win in his own ward and wasn't popular amongst his Yoruba ethnicity
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by Partnerbiz2: 4:13pm On Jun 10, 2017
bkool7:

Getting the % is not the issue here.
Get can get that with the support of the state government .
The issue is that they have to take the signatures to the Senate to notify it that they have lost confidence in Dino .While the Senate will subsequently forward it to inec .
This Senate will just be dribbling them till they're exhausted .
Till happened when Senator Mantu's constituents got the signature to recall him . When they got to the then Senate , the Senate President just kept avoiding them till those people got tired

Please the senate is not involved in recall per se.
Don't mislead people.
All that is needed is a petition to INEC signed by more than half of the electorate .
Verification of same signature by INEC.
Referendum by simple majority.

Then a cert to Senate president from INEC to the effect that the above has been done.

3 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by emmanuel1880(m): 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
tinubu d silent killer, dey want smart adeyemi replace him and smart is already decamp
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by seguno2: 4:15pm On Jun 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

Do you think that it was the same thing that the entire state saw in Yahaya Bello?
Or do you think that they saw worse in Yahaya Bello?
In what exact way is onigbese Yahaya Bello, who is owing several months and years of salaries and pensions, any better than Dino?
Waiting for your answer.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
LordVoldemort:

Atleast let them try.

I pray they are successful in their quest because it will send a strong message to the senators. If you don't perform what happened to Dino will happen to you.

I believe from what I've been told​ he is very unpopular in kogi and especially in his senate constituency
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 4:17pm On Jun 10, 2017
Femich18:

The issue with Nigerian politicians is that they look like an angel when they are in need of something. The people. of Kogi west were easily deceived thinking he ll be better than Smart Adeyemi not knowing that the reverse is the case...
just take a look at the governor too... kogi state is far behind all other state in Nigeria

That one that calls himself governor is even the worst thing that has ever happened to the state and funny enough, he is the brain behind what is happening now.

Anyway, that one is not even their fault because they did not vote him. The idiot was just favoured by some political gymnastics following the death of Abubakar Audu during election when significant votes had already been casted in Audu's favour.

And this is the first time ebiras have that opportunity since the creation of Kogi state. I doubt if the ebiras will even support him in future elections.

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by seguno2: 4:19pm On Jun 10, 2017
LordVoldemort:
Atleast let them try.

What are the parameters for measuring the performance of a senator or any lawmaker for that matter?
How does Dino compare with the remaining 108 senators on these criteria?
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by Philinho(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2017
sponsored by the outsiders

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by sweetgala(m): 4:21pm On Jun 10, 2017
seguno2:

Do you think that it was the same thing that the entire state saw in Yahaya Bello?
In what exact way is onigbese Yahaya Bello, who is owing several months and years of salaries and pensions, any better than Dino?
Waiting for your answer.

Yahaya Bello might be bad but the Dino has been asking to be sanctioned by his constituency for a while now
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 4:22pm On Jun 10, 2017
LionDeLeo:

That one that calls himself governor is even the worst thing that has ever happened to the state and funny enough, he is the brain behind what is happening now.

Anyway, that one is not even their fault because they did not vote him. The idiot was just favoured by some political gymnastics following the death of Abubakar Audu during election when significant votes had already been casted in Audu's favour.

And this is the first time ebiras have that opportunity since the creation of Kogi state. I doubt if the ebiras will even support him in future elections.
This is my response.

seguno2:

Waiting for your answer.
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by LionDeLeo: 4:27pm On Jun 10, 2017
madjune:

Dont blame them.

Like most people, they thought anyone with a loud mouth has a loud heart or brain.

grin grin grin
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by seguno2: 4:28pm On Jun 10, 2017
sweetgala:
I believe from what I've been told​ he is very unpopular in kogi and especially in his senate constituency

Was he not previously elected their representative in Abuja before he was elected to be their senator?
What does it take to be popular as a politician in our country where less than 30 million people voted in the last presidential elections out of a population of 200 million?
Can we be serious at all?

1 Like

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by johnp2(m): 4:29pm On Jun 10, 2017
Dino come let me pray for you!!
Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by MikaSoko(m): 4:31pm On Jun 10, 2017
Wasted effort. Dino has come to stay

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by seguno2: 4:33pm On Jun 10, 2017
sweetgala:
Yahaya Bello might be bad but the Dino has been asking to be sanctioned by his constituency for a while now

So you think that his constituents are the ones behind the recall?
In Nigerian politics or what?
Go and find out how much money is being paid to the constituents lined up for the OP's photos?

2 Likes

Re: Dino Melaye Constituents Begin Process To Recall Him From The Senate (Photos) by Righthandson(m): 4:37pm On Jun 10, 2017
This is a big dream that won't see the light. No amount of money and deception by Gov Y.B to the good people of Kogi State that will make them dance to his tune of calling back Dino. With Dino we stand.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Zamfara Ex-Commissioner Sex Scandal: Girl Threatens To Release New Video / Fayose Receives N4.7bn Paris Club Fund From FG / Is CNN Mocking The APC In This Tweet? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.