Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) (21979 Views)

Davido Mocks APC At Presidential Rally In Port Harcourt Today (PHOTOS) / Branded PDP Campaign Buses Launched In Port Harcourt Today (Photos) / Rotimi Amaechi Releases Statement On Confrontation In Port Harcourt Today! S (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by laribari(m): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2017
EzeUche:
How do we know if this is true?

If it is, then this is bad, because Igbos only want a referendum. Everyone is free to live in our region. We are not barbaric.

...............but kanu proved otherwise. That young man has been violent especially in words and has been careless with it.

You can actually beat drum of war with your mouth.

Really, igbo are peaeful people.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Kellibae(f): 11:27am On Jun 12, 2017
booblacain:

Well, 65% might be over stating it but I believe it did contribute a great deal, especially amongst the youths because they are the main users of this forum.

It may sound over stating but thats the fact.
The tribalsm u see outside( i mean in real life)
Is orchestrated by what they see or read online.
Misinformation ,Stereotyping ,Generalizatin. Etc

Most were what they read online and keep it at the back of their minds and act based on it.
Its natural thats human being for u.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by NaMeAboki: 11:27am On Jun 12, 2017
EmeeNaka:
The problem you have is that you think by that so called quit notice,the North has done greatly to themselves. In Igbo we say that,anybody that bar you from his house has spoken for both of you and that means,the person who bar you can't also come to your house. The insults of IPOB,MASSOB and Igbos like me doesn't in any way necessitate the kind of reaction the Northern Youth give. You sound as if Igbos has been blown off. You have never seen conflict, it may not get to violence but there will be reaction. If you chase Igbos out of North,you have by that action, placed economic embargo on Igbo businesses and I can tell that it will degenerate. More than 5000tons of Dangote cement alone cross River Niger into East on daily basis.Heavy amount of Agricultural products enters east on daily basis from North,pharmaceuticals, Sugar, Flour,and Packaged foods. You think they will be allowed to enter again? The reaction of Northern Youths are unwarranted, Maybe they read too much meaning into social media fracas. I have been an ardent IPOBian but I have paid big amount of money for a warehouse in Lagos. The only reason why the agitation is gaining more ground is because FG, instead of listening and talking reasonably, appear to be adamant and spiteful.
Nigeria is always shaky, it's different government who came in that normally calm down nerves. The anger in North over GEJ election in 2011 led to killings there and makes GEJ to visit North often and kept assuring them of his government efforts towards and ended up working for them more than others. Buhari has be a president of Nigeria for once and not President of those that supported him.

You are merely making unnecessary excuses for Igbo bad behaviour; Kanu and IPOB radio Biafra are until recently insulting and threatening northerners in particular and Nigerians in general, with the tacit approval of Igbo leaders who chose to remain silent.

There is always a limit to provocation and Igbos have successfully pushed the tolerance of northern youths to that limit.

It is not the first time that Igbos had provoked such northern reaction; recall during GEJ's time when Igbo state govts were selectively arresting, detaining and profiling innocent northerners as Boko Haram suspects - even though till today there had not been a single Boko Haram member or attack ever anywhere near Igboland; yet Igbos still found cause to use it as an excuse to exert their hatred on northerners.

This shameful discrimination did not stop until northerners, likewise threatened similar retaliation; only then did GEJ stepped in and stopped this unwholesome Igbo action.

No, I disagree, the recent northern youth Kaduna declaration is quite an appropriate and proportionate response to Igbo agitation for separation: Igbos hate northerners and don't want to be part of Nigeria; then what is wrong if a husband finally agrees to divorce the wife who never allowed him peace with her demand for divorce?
The marriage is now over; Igbos should therefore be happy that they are free to go their own way; so let them go back and develop Biafra.

You said you are Biafran but just admitted to paying big money for a shop in Lagos - shame one you, why not go and establish one in Igboland; you ppl continue to develop other ppl's land yet cry marginalisation and blame them for your own regional underdevelopment.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by adexdon(m): 11:47am On Jun 12, 2017
Hausa people gng for ileya festival..old pix
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Viergeachar: 11:59am On Jun 12, 2017
EzeUche:
Unfortunately Buhari led to this unfortunate events.

Calling the entire East 5%

Imprisoning Nnamdi Kanu

Nigerian soldiers killed innocent protesters throughout the East including Port Harcourt

You dont want Biafra again

Why the regrets
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by EmeeNaka: 1:23pm On Jun 12, 2017
NaMeAboki:

You are merely making unnecessary excuses for Igbo bad behaviour; Kanu and IPOB radio Biafra are until recently insulting and threatening northerners in particular and Nigerians in general, with the tacit approval of Igbo leaders who chose to remain silent.

There is always a limit to provocation and Igbos have successfully pushed the tolerance of northern youths to that limit.

It is not the first time that Igbos had provoked such northern reaction; recall during GEJ's time when Igbo state govts were selectively arresting, detaining and profiling innocent northerners as Boko Haram suspects - even though till today there had not been a single Boko Haram member or attack ever anywhere near Igboland; yet Igbos still found cause to use it as an excuse to exert their hatred on northerners.

This shameful discrimination did not stop until northerners, likewise threatened similar retaliation; only then did GEJ stepped in and stopped this unwholesome Igbo action.

No, I disagree, the recent northern youth Kaduna declaration is quite an appropriate and proportionate response to Igbo agitation for separation: Igbos hate northerners and don't want to be part of Nigeria; then what is wrong if a husband finally agrees to divorce the wife who never allowed him peace with her demand for divorce?
The marriage is now over; Igbos should therefore be happy that they are free to go their own way; so let them go back and develop Biafra.

You said you are Biafran but just admitted to paying big money for a shop in Lagos - shame one you, why not go and establish one in Igboland; you ppl continue to develop other ppl's land yet cry marginalisation and blame them for your own regional underdevelopment.
Where I do business is my choice. I don't think I need lecture on that.
The Arewa Youth never call for separation, if they do, that will be a welcomed development. They just want to expel the Igbos/Easterners from North and confiscate their properties. Arewa Youth should reject the devil and all his work, they will do it by asking their governors also not to take any oil money this month onwards. Most of them are waiting for oil money to go and collect salary. Most of them are waiting for revenue that accrued from East and west to pay hospital bill, food and others. The Arewa youth call is a trick that will not stop the agitation for Biafra, it will escalate it and possibly bring for Nigeria, what no one will be proud of.

1 Like

Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by catherineokezie(f): 1:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
HungerBAD:
This is not good.

The drumbeats of war should stop. In wars or conflicts,everybody is a loser.

The sad thing is that those that are sounding the drums of war are either living outside Nigeria like Nnamdi Kanu,or they were born after the Civil war.

Even those here on Nairaland thinks Violence and war, is like what they see on action and war movies. Where the shooting looks like fun.

In conflicts,loved one's and relatives get killed. And lives are permanently and forever ruined.

I concur with u, I witnessed the Hausa/Fulani conflict with the Yoruba in 1999@ mile 12 it was really a scary one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by charleskcc18(m): 2:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Restructure or Disintegrate
Nothing can stop Biafra except restructuring
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by charleskcc18(m): 2:58pm On Jun 12, 2017
HiddenShadow:
Restructure or Disintegrate
Nothing can stop Biafra except restructuring
Me day wonder if some of una get at least 0.1 sense for head
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 12, 2017
decatalyst:
This is getting really bad...

But all will be well

My guy hw fa na
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 3:56pm On Jun 12, 2017
I dnt tink dis is true
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by samfuntua: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
Brothers Trucks Like the one in the picture comes and lives PHC almost everyday
And beside Northerners are living for RAMADAN and after Salah break, you will see them coming back in droves.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by dragonking2: 5:11pm On Jun 12, 2017
IpobExposed:

Niger Delta is not Biafra. Didn't u see no sit at home was recorder there.?
Did I say Niger delta was biafra?
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by iLiquidator: 5:53pm On Jun 12, 2017
EzeUche:
How do we know if this is true?

If it is, then this is bad, because Igbos only want a referendum. Everyone is free to live in our region. We are not barbaric.
Igbo's want Biafra and they shall have it. Let them vacate our lands. We northerners are tired of this nonsense. Let Nigeria Disintegrate.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jun 12, 2017
IpobExposed:

Rivers state is the one they call Igwocha

They can call it whatever they want.
No matter the kind of propaganda they spread day in day out, Rivers State will always be with the Niger Delta(SS) struggle.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by orunto27: 8:19pm On Jun 12, 2017
Return O Ye Fulani Herdsmen to The Ports and Igbo States.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Ojiofor: 8:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
How come this guy posts false images, false news, hate threads and never get banned?

He is agent of MODs.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Sapiosexuality(m): 9:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
Ojiofor:

He is agent of MODs.
I really don't understand. The dude's life on Nairaland is about promoting hate but he doesn't get banned. Something is fishy. I don't think it is one person behind that handle though.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Ojiofor: 9:31pm On Jun 12, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
I really don't understand. The dude's life on Nairaland is about promoting hate but he doesn't get banned. Something is fishy. I don't think it is one person behind that handle though.

I believe say na them dey sponsor the anti Bi.afra juvenile blogger.
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Jun 12, 2017
dragonking2:
Did you not call kanu a criminal when he said the same thing?

Cownu is always a criminal come rain come shine
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2017
Sapiosexuality:
How come this guy posts false images, false news, hate threads and never get banned?
..what do u mean like false images are u OK at all?
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
booblacain:

True, I have seen many confess that they were not tribalistic until they came to Nairaland. The back and forth quarrels between igbos and yorubas were hyped and promoted so much on this forum. Seun was intentionally pushing topics that promoted tribalism to the front page because the back and forth banta generated good traffic. He ignored many please made to him concerning this for his own selfish cause.
They will bolden Igbo name or Yoruba name it would be left
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jun 12, 2017
Wiseman007:
When was this picture taken?
yesterday sir
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:38pm On Jun 12, 2017
felicitywe:

D OP is a serial liar and hater of Igbos. D huasa fulanis r intact in Port Harcourt.I'm residing in PH and nothing like that.D Igbos will never drive anyone from their place.However the welcome d ultimatum by d Hausa Fulani's for them to leave their place.No going back on Biafra.The Hausa Fulani's can v all d Igbos opportunities in their places while d Igbos go with their Biafra.

I hate Liepods not igbos
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
NaMeAboki:

Oboy, why you carry IPOB put for your name?
Right now anything wey resemble that name na to shoot at sight and ask questions later grin
Ipob must be exposed brother
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:40pm On Jun 12, 2017
UncleJudax:

Hahaha. Weak one!
The more you give unsolicited campaigns (in the name of ridiculing) for IPOB/Biafra, the more the secession fire burns.

Mods...Ipobexposedshittyassniggga wants you to gun me down.

Oh damn...I am scared!!! grin

Next time I will mention a mod name be very careful how u disobey Nairaland rules
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:41pm On Jun 12, 2017
Kellibae:

exactly ...this is so sad!.
This forum contributed to over 65% cause of disunity in this country today.. bcoz its very popular site.

that's where Afonaj started. I heard Afonja on the road last week I was mad
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
lestat:

My dear please watch CNN reality differs.
Off course I would pray yorubas will be safe...but the reality is wR spreads and affects everyone and everywhere ....
Okay let's play the devil's advocate , let's imagine the hausa defeat the ibo with the support of Arab nation's and let's say other Christian nation's like Italy who have the largest number of Catholics in Africa in the South East do nothing which is very unlikely , now let's imagine the isrealsites who claim the South East Jews are their kins also do nothing which is unlikely ...remember America always stands with Isreal.

Do you think the jihad will end with the south east ?
My dear bruv back in the days I stayed in Katrina I can. Tell you the hausa don't consider southern Muslims as real Muslims they will extend their jihad ..
I may be wrong but would you be willing g to trust your safety on the hausa Goodwill ?

Have they ever shown you they honor anything ?

Now only if Yoruba use anger to battle the igbos
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 12, 2017
Dfreshprince:
Please stop posting wrong info.. Even in the south-west this is how the northerners travel.
Dont make an issue out of nothing.

what issue. u have no comments
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
booblacain:

Well, 65% might be over stating it but I believe it did contribute a great deal, especially amongst the youths because they are the main users of this forum.

Nairaland
Re: Hundreds Of Northerners Leave Port Harcourt Today (Photos) by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 12, 2017
samJ17:
very true some ppl r making fun of the whole situation some r even saying it doesn't affect them cos they r in other states or are not Igbo's what they don't understand is that once this so called stupid war starts it won't be an Igbo Hausa war it'd be a tribal & general war between Hausa & every Christian

The people chanting war are the young Liepod member

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Peter Obi Storms Nnewi In Anambra State, To Celebrate 59th Ofala Festival(Video) / UNGA74: Buhari Meets Bill Gates, Dangote In New York (photos) / In 2011, Buhari Vowed To Serve For Only One Term If Elected

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.